Beyond The Tiara(house of Jen...

Per mary4561

Princess Victoria of Denmark seems to have it all. The glamorous friends, popularity and the press love her... Més

The Truth
The cousin
The Monster
Release
Purpose
Happy?
Happy
Image
The Blackmail
The Lie
Foe?
The Awful Truth
The Betrayal
Health
Unbreakable
Power
The Fall Out
The Sentence
Fragile
Healing
Cathartic
The future
Teaser

New Beginings

9 0 0
Per mary4561

                                                       The best is yet to come".
                                               -Frank Sinatra

Now that I'm engage I will be leaving Denmark to move to Sardinia as soon as possible. Most of my clothes and furniture has already been sent there. I have only a week left in Denmark it's somewhat bittersweet I went from hating my life here to loving myself. I went to see my dad and my siblings two days after the engagement party. It was then reality really hit me in the worse way possible. This time next year I'll have been married for six months and it could be years before I set foot in Denmark again.

"I'm going to miss you guys so much but you have each other to lean on. We have become such a close knit family the last couple of years. I'll look forward to getting the FaceTime calls from you guys". I start crying as I do my best to remember everything about my last day with my family.

"I get to walk you down the aisle Victoria and you know you've really become the woman I although knew you would be. I'm so proud of you Vic. I'm sorry for letting you down with your mother", says my father sadly.

"I could've opened my mouth and say something was wrong".

"You lived in fear sis".

"William please don't, let's not talk about that women. This moment is about us as a family as we are now. I can't believe I'm getting married to the love of my life".

"He's a good man".

"I know dad he really is".

"I'm going to miss you all so much I loved our sleepovers Emma".

"I'm sorry we only started acting like proper sisters after you came out of rehab".

"We have great memories that's all that matters. We will definitely see each other again before the wedding when you come over to Sardinia".

We all say our goodbyes and I take my leave. Later that night as I lay in bed it hit me I only had four days left in Denmark. I expected my sister to be the one to become a Crown Princess not me. I never though I had a meaningful future of any kind. If I was being real truthful there were times I went to bed and hoped I didn't wake up. Now I'm excited to walk down the aisle to my husband to be and to give birth to our first child. For someone who had to be the centre of attention for so long. I don't mind walking behind Diego for the rest of my life. I gave Debbie and Antonio a picture I painted of their family to say thank you for everything.

I'm going someplace I know the name of all the staff working there. I even know who's married, expecting a baby or lost a love one. I can't believe I use to think the help was not even worth thinking of as human beings because of their minimal job. What an idiot I was and how egotistical of me.

Saying goodbye to my grandfather and the king was hard. Antonio has been such a great mentor it helps he literally had the experience of moving to a brand new country for love. Saying goodbye to him and Debbie and my little cousins was so difficult. I owed them so much and Debbie was now like a sister to me. We took comfort in the fact that we will see each other again after the wedding at different events for royalty around the world.

My last day in Denmark I went to all my favourite places one last time. When the plane doors closed I bid Denmark farewell in my mind. When I land in Sardinia,  Diego's private secretary was there to greet me. When I see some of my staff waiting for me to depart the plane first. I had a big realisation this is my first time setting foot in my new home as a future queen not a girlfriend.

My first day living in Sardinia I noticed how differently Diego's private secretary treated me. He has always treated me with respect. But he was now asking me about meetings with my private secretary. I'm being treated by the staff not as a girlfriend but as a future queen.

My Danish assistant Jenny has been promoted to the post of my private secretary. She will shadow Diego's private secretary while I get my bearings in my new home.  I'm spending a month learning from the queen what my future role will entail before I do any engagements. I also have to become a citizen and become roman catholic.

My second day living in Sardinia I had a meeting with the queen, "We are having an engagement party for you guys at the end of the week".

"Thank you ma'am".

"When we're by ourselves or with family you can call me Camila. You're family now I want you to come to my meetings and see how I run the household. How I deal with things I need to as Queen. You're a princess so you have meet dignitaries before. But you have not been at the forefront of planning a state visit with the household help. Once you're wed you will be the second most important female in the royal household. My daughter will be curtsying to you. When my husband and I are not here you and Diego will be in charge. There will be times both of you will be expected to deputise for us on overseas trips or greeting a president or a royal".

"I know, I've learnt a lot about the country during my courtship with Diego. I know the language and I have seen you doing things behind the scenes. Now it's my time to go from lurker to learner". The queen smiles at me.

"I won't lie there's a lot to learn on top of everything else you have to do. Like being confirm in the catholic church. The world now knows about your relationship with my son. The press will not always be pleasant to you. Your past will come up. You can now start the paperwork to start the building of your domestic violence children's charity here. I want you to know the palace will support you. The family have gotten to know you the press haven't. We have to be prepared for your mother perhaps causing trouble. She was contacted for a statement on your engagement I believe. She is not welcome here and we your new family know why she won't be at the wedding. When the press are calling you heartless for not speaking to her we won't care".

I hug her, "You make me feel like I finally have a mother thank you".

"You're marrying my son I'm gaining a daughter and I'm glad you think of me that way".

We go over the normal things expected of me each day in regards to my royal duties. I'm told when I can walk in a room together with Diego and when he needs to go first. How I'm expected to be greeted by the people I visit when I'm doing a solo engagement as a future queen. The amount of people I need to help me in my day to day duties.  I'm told the names of my new bodyguards as I no longer have Danish ones. I now have four including a woman. We take a break for tea then I'm shown my offices for my staff. It was so big and as I look around the suite of rooms I remember asking myself why I hang around with people that tear me down. I smile because I knew I no longer had those friends and I wouldn't be where I'm if I did.

Camila had a list of people she thought would be great for some of my staff roles I still needed to fill. But it was made clear to me I can choose totally different people if I wanted to. I tell her that for now I will share Diego press person.
It was coming up to 1 o'clock when we finished our meeting. Diego was taking me sightseeing finally then we had a table book for a private meal at a restaurant I wanted to try.

I walked in the kitchen and make myself a cheese and turkey sandwich with a fruit salad. The staff were use to me doing this. They kept working while I make myself my lunch. When I finish eating I change into a pretty light blue dress by a local designer with flat shoes with a gel insole inside it. I was putting on my makeup when Diego walks into our bedroom. He kisses me passionately.

"How was your meeting with my mother?"

"Informative and extremely helpful".

"I'm glad to hear that".

We make our way downstairs into a chauffeur driven car when we get to the main town we get out the car. Diego holds my hand and we start walking and he points out places of interest to me. We make our way to the beach and sit it was so peaceful. I had seen it before but not in the day from this angle with Diego. A bodyguard comes over to say the press had started to arrive. I didn't mind so we stood up and continue walking and enjoying each other's company.

An hour into the walk the press was becoming a problem. Diego and I stood still for some photos hoping they would leave us alone after.

"Are you looking forward to the wedding Your Highness ?" A reporter shouts at me.

"Of course and I'm enjoying learning about my new home".

After answering the questions one of the bodyguards opens the door to the car which was following behind us as we walked. When we were in the car I ask, "Should I have not answered their question?"

"It's best to give a statement as they will try to catch you out when you answer their questions. I think you need to do several lessons with a etiquette coach and a media training person. Your role will be changing so learning tricks to help you navigate it can only be a good thing. I myself had both types of training ".

"I want to learn so I'll do the training".

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

82.4K 1.9K 16
Prince William, the Prince of Wales gets a second chance at love with the woman who's always been there. The Prince of Wales is suffering from a brok...
140K 2.5K 32
Story from Royal Romances Book 2 Victoria has just months to live. Fighting back against hospital visits, endless tests, drugs with excruciating side...
377 23 48
Princess Isabel is dating Lord James, a man she has known her whole life. The relationship is a happy one until something happens at their engagemen...
41.9K 3.3K 33
11th century, in Singhal. Her own people betrayed her, her family used her. Pawned her in a political marriage with a man 15 years older than her who...