Sonic and the Black Knight (V...

By ShiraFangirl

A wizard named Merlina, granddaughter of Merlin, was running away from some pursuer, summons Sonic and his si... More

~ Prologue ~
~ Chapter 1 ~
~ Chapter 2 ~
~ Chapter 3 ~
~ Chapter 4 ~
~ Chapter 5 ~
~ Chapter 6 ~
~ Chapter 8 ~
~ Final Chapter ~

~ Chapter 7 ~

3.3K 78 12
By ShiraFangirl

Merlina appears out of a small tornado.

"Merlina!" Sonic and Y/N said in surprise.

"I saw all that transpired in my reflecting pool. I have no words to thank you for all you have done."

"Yeah, but it's not over yet!"

"We still have to defeat King Arthur."

"Sir Sonic and Sir Y/N are right." Caliburn agreed.

"The King is on an island known as Avalon. You have become fine knights." Merlina said.

"Aw, cut it out." Sonic said bashfully. "Anyways, I guess we'll go end this thing, then."

"Good luck, Sir Sonic and Sir Y/N! I'll await you at Castle Camelot!"

Sonic and Y/N then speed off to Avalon, ready to take down King Arthur.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They made it and saw King Arthur sitting on his horse who has been waiting for them as Sonic and Y/N step forward.

"I'm Sonic the Hedgehog, Knight of the Wind!"

"And I'm Y/N the Hedgehog, Knight of the Crystal!"

"Let's settle this once and for all, King Arthur!!" Sonic and Y/N both declared together.

"It seems your impersonation of a knight has improved somewhat." King Arthur said.

"We have you to thank for that."

"Then let us have a another look at those unsightly swordsmanships."

"You're going to be sorry you asked."

Sonic glanced at Caliburn.

"This is it, old pal..."

"Yeah, this is it..." Y/N nodded, turning to Wolflobe.

"Indeed. Give it everything you have. Only then will you prevail." Caliburn said.

"Show him what you've got." Wolflobe said.

"Then bring it on, King Arthur!"

"Let's end this now!"

Sonic and Y/N charges King Arthur.

"You two shall regret the day you ever raised your swords against me!"

King Arthur galloped away.

"Let's finish this off once and for all!"

Sonic and Y/N runs and skates after him. They dodged the incoming attack as the giant sword attempt to slice them off like a kitchen, with King Arthur not looking back thanks to his dark magic portal he created.

"Onward, Sonic, Knight of the Wind!"

"Let's go, Y/N, Knight of the Crystal!"

"Haaah!"

King Arthur brought out dark energy ball from his hand and brought it down behind them. Sonic and Y/N jumped away from that and kept chasing after King Arthur.

"We'll never finish him off unless we get in closer!"

"Time for some close-quarters combat! End it quickly!" Caliburn said.

King Arthur brought down another dark energy that glowed red. Sonic and Y/N jumped and sliced off the magic.

"He's getting on my nerves." Y/N growled.

"Time to get you off my back!" Sonic said.

The hedgehog siblings zoomed in faster and jumped, dodging the sword and landed on the rear end of the horse behind King Arthur. They then jumped over him and landed in front of him as King Arthur goes to slay them. Sonic and Y/N steadied their swords.

"Strike back when he attacks!" Wolflobe said.

Sonic and Y/N did what Wolflobe told them as the trio deflect each other's attack on their blade as it created an 'X'. They kept on slashing their blade against each other until Sonic and Y/N got off of the horse to avoid the attack King Arthur was going to bring. They are now behind him, but that doesn't stop them from chasing after the king.

"You two seemed to have improved a bit." King Arthur said.

"Oh, yeah? Or maybe it's just 'cause you're getting worn out!" Sonic grinned as he and his sister jumped up and down from the lightning King Arthur created from his sword.

"Do you actually think you can defeat me?" He mocked.

"Oh, I know we can!" Y/N grinned, slicing off dark energy balls.

"Don't overestimate yourselves! After all, he is King and the leader of the Knights of the Round Table."

"He won't be soon enough."

Sonic and Y/N did the same thing as they are back in front of King Arthur with their swords raises.

"Time your attacks to your opponent's!"

Sonic and Y/N steadied their time as they slashed and slashed against the king's sword, creating an 'X' again and again. With one last swing, they managed to weaken him, getting him off of his horse.

"Noooooooo..."

King Arthur fell to the ground and landed on his knee and held his sword on the ground to balance him up. They finally defeated him.

"Heh heh heh... I am immortal. You cannot defeat me!"

Scabbard glows in King Arthur's grasp.

"Now, Sonic and Y/N! The five sacred swords!" Caliburn and Wolflobe ordered.

"Got it!"

"On it!"

Sonic and Y/N quickly forms a pentagon with five sacred swords surrounding King Arthur.

"How can this be?!"

"Raaaaaah!"

"Haaaaaah!"

Sonic and Y/N slashes King Arthur and he falls down.

"Noooooo!"

Sonic and Y/N holds up Caliburn and Wolflobe in triumph.

"Yes! We did it!"

"Heck yeah!!"

Caliburn and Wolflobe shines. Just as they thought it was over as they still hold their sword up, King Arthur dissolves into dark matter. Excalibur's scabbard is left behind.

"What the—?!" Sonic questioned in shock.

"How in the—?!" Y/N exclaimed. "What is this?!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Percival, Galahad, Gawain, Lamorak, and Lancelot arrived and surrounded Merlina at Castle Camelot.

"We have orders from the King. Have you any last words?" Lancelot said.

"Your King was nothing more than an illusion my grandfather conjured up." Merlina said rather calmly.

"What?" Galahad and Lamorak questioned.

"You'd better start explaining, Merlina." Percival said.

"Merlina!!"

Sonic and Y/N drops from the sky.

"Y/N..." the five knights blushed.

"You two! How did you come by that scabbard? Where is the King!?" Gawain demanded, snapping out to see the scabbard in Y/N's hand.

Percival holds back Gawain.

"Wait."

Y/N held out the scabbard for Merlina to see.

"This was all he left after he disappeared in a puff of smoke. Just like one of the Knights of the Underworld..." Sonic said.

"He's fake isn't he?" Y/N said, concluding it.

"You are correct, Y/N. There was never any King Arthur." Merlina said.

"Huh?" Sonic asked.

"Well done and thank you, Sonic and Y/N."

Merlina goes to take the scabbard when Y/N moved it back, keeping a distance from her.

"Why? Explain yourself. What do you want with this scabbard?" Y/N asked, wanting answers.

"With this scabbard I can erase my grandfather's greatest mistake... Please, give it to me."

"Not until you tell us everything."

"Very well then."

Suddenly, Merlina brought out her staff and strike Y/N with magic, slamming her against the wall. Y/N dropped the scabbard as it slide towards Merlina.

"Sis!!"

"Y/N!!"

All five knights including Sonic, Caliburn, and Wolflobe ran over to her in worry.

"You alright?" Sonic asked.

Lamorak and Lancelot helps Y/N up. She groans, shaking her head.

"Yeah, I'm fine..."

They turn as Merlina picks up the scabbard and takes it. Her hair turns longer as her eyes are closed.

"What?"

"I shall make this kingdom eternal..."

She opened her eyes to reveal them glowing bright blue along with the scabbard. She raises the scabbard and stabbed it into the ground and blast of energy occurs.

"Sonic, get back!" Caliburn ordered.

"We have to go now!" Wolflobe ordered.

A vortex with black lightning appears above Avalaon, and all seven knights knights escape the crumbling Castle Camelot. Sonic and Y/N leads, Lancelot is skating behind him, Gawain and Lamorak are running, Percival is hopping, and Galahad is flying using psychokinesis.

"Ugh, the castle's collapsing!"

"I know!"

"Make haste!"

The hedgehog siblings slay off the dark knights that are in their way as the five knights did the same. They noticed that they are different than what they had slayed when they are on a task.

"What's with this guy?!"

"That's another creature from the Underworld!"

"Gee, thanks for the info!" Y/N said sarcastically.

They jumped down to see the water and started to slide and then went up.

"Now that puts the flash in flood! Better think of something quick!"

Slay after slay against another different dark knights.

"That was the castle... right?"

"I think so, but what the heck just happened?!"

"This is no doubt the effect of Merlina's High Ancient magic." Wolflobe said.

"There's nothing a sacred sword can't cut, right?" Sonic asked.

No one answered him as they got through another area as they slay off the dark knights along with strange dark birds that are flying. They head to the boat as they set sail and slay off more dark knights. After going throughout the course, they finally got out of the castle.

"We've made our escape!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

All watching from away.

"So, it was all part of Merlina's plot..." Lancelot said, arms crossing

"I can't believe it..." Galahad said.

"We've been fooled..." Lamorak said.

"It keeps reading..." Percival said.

"It's only a matter of time before the kingdom is consumed."

"Gah! The Knights of the Round Table... Must we simply stand and watch our kingdom's ruin!?" Gawain punched the ground in anger.

"Gawain..." Percival frowned.

"What, are you gonna give up, just like that? Is that the best that chivalry of yours can do?" Sonic asked, making the five knights turn to him and Y/N who's standing beside him.

"How dare you!" Knuckled glared at him.

"Him again..." Lamorak grumbled, still upset about the lose.

"What he means is as he said before... Isn't there more to being a knight than serving a king? And there's one thing I know is to never put off until tomorrow what can be done today. I'm sure you guys know that." Y/N said, making the five knights' face soften.

Nimue appears from a reflecting pool on the ground.

"Sir Sonic and Sir Y/N are right. And there's still time if you act now."

The reflecting pool shows a map with six blinking dots.

"Use the sacred swords to form a barrier around the castle."

Sonic and Y/N each throws their five swords to the ground. Percival, Galahad, Gawain, Lamorak, and Lancelot pick up their swords.

"For the kingdom and its people!" Percival said.

They raise all five swords.

"For the kingdom and its people!" Lancelot, Gawain, Galahad, and Lamorak shouted.

"We're counting on you!" Sonic said.

"Sir Sonic! Sir Y/N! What will you do?!" Percival asked.

"Once the barrier's up, me and sis will look for a chance to jump in."

"Surely you jest?!"

"No, Percival. Wish we were, but nah... It's just how we roll." Y/N smiled.

"Fare thee well. We, too, shall fulfill our appointed task."

"Be careful, you guys. Camelot and the people are in your hands." Y/N said, looking at them.

Percival nodded, blushing a little.

"Good luck, Y/N." Galahad nodded, gazing at her along with Lancelot, Gawain, and Lamorak.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.7K 457 200
(Inspired by the hit BBC show Merlin) One thousand years have passed since humanity fell. From its ashes, the Faultless Kingdom rose. For many centur...
54K 1.7K 30
Shadow has come back to earth to find it has been taken over by nothing but plant life. And Amy ready to comite suicide!! After saving her they set o...
5.8K 162 31
After Graduation it's time for Princess Blaze to head back to her home dimension. Even though she has made plenty of friends it seems that a few has...
4K 45 16
Saphier is Sonic's little sister. Join her in her adventure fighting eggman.