Zyczenia

By chttaim

[The Abandoned Empress Fanfiction] Year 965 of the Castina Imperial Calendar. 4 months have passed since the... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: A Silver-haired Woman
Chapter 2: Back to the Past
Chapter 3: Realization
Chapter 4: A New Beginning
Chapter 5: Training
Chapter 6: Collapse
Chapter 7: Memories
Chapter 8:οΏΌ A Day in Winter
Chapter 9: Allendis de Verita
Chapter 10: Provocation
Chapter 11: Ruveliss' Coming of Age
Chapter 12: The Dance
Chapter 14: Break Off
Chapter 15: First Breath of Freedom
Chapter 16: Deal
Chapter 17: Departure

Chapter 13: Speak Out

735 41 6
By chttaim

"I've been wondering since a long time ago... why do you always avoid making eye contact with me?"

Aristia could not believe her ears, the crown prince who wouldn't even give a damn about her in the past asked her about her treatment towards him. Not knowing what to answer, she just played dumb.

"Pardon? I don't understand what you mean your highness."

"Oh I'm sure you know very well what I mean, so stop playing dumb and tell me the reason."

The silver-haired girl kept her mouth shut. Not replying to Ruveliss who demanded an explanation. A long silence occurred between them.

"You." The blue-haired called.

"Yes, your highness?"

"Do you take the position of the crown prince's fiancé as a joke?"

"Pardon?"

"You ignored me when we met in the palace garden, then you would always tremble every time you're with me. You can laugh and joke around with other guys but you would always be so stern towards me. Today, you left your position and danced with another man first before dancing with your own fiancé on his coming-of-age ceremony. What's with you?"

Aristia remained silent. Not even trying to explain herself since she knows that its pointless even if she tried. She couldn't focus.

"Ah!" Her feet stumbled on something.

Right before she fell to the floor, Ruveliss pulled her closer towards him and whispered, "How unpleasant."

The music stopped, and the crowd started clapping after witnessing the two dancing together.

The blue-haired gently pushed the girl away from him and they both bowed at each other, indicating that the dance was over.

They both walked away from the dance floor and headed to the throne where the emperor sat.

Nobles from all over the empire and from foreign countries lined up to present the gifts that they brought to congratulate the prince who had just turned into an adult.

The emperor sat in the middle, with Ruveliss sitting on the right side of his seat.

"Then, your highness I will be going now." Aristia excused herself.

"Where to?"

"Pardon?"

"Don't wonder anywhere and just sit here." The blue orbs glanced at the chair placed on his right.

The silver-haired stared at the chair reluctantly. Not sure of what she should do.

Ruveliss noticed her reluctance and said, "This is an order."

"...yes, your highness..."

She sighed and obeyed his order as she does not have the power to disobey him. Aristia sat on the seat and stared at the crowd of people. Her eyes looking and waiting for a certain person to come.

"You." She heard a voice from her left, and turned her head towards that direction.

A pair of blue-orbs staring at her and they accidentally made eye contact. The golden-orbs immediately looked away from the cold gaze.

Ruveliss frowned, feeling offended.

"You. Why are you so scared of me?"

"..."

"Is it because... you remember something from the past?"

The golden orbs widened, staying alert.

"The past...?"

"...you know, when we were kids."

"Pardon?"

Aristia expressed a confused look on her face. But at the same time felt relieved that they are thinking about two different situations.

"Forget it if you don't remember." Ruveliss uttered. "Then is it because of your middle name?"

She stayed quiet. Not answering the question.

"Why are you not answering? Are you ignoring me?"

"...Please forgive me, your highness."

"I don't want an apology, I want an answer."

Being pushed to this extent, Aristia finally gathered the courage to speak up.

"...I... do not wish to be related to the royal family or any sort."

The prince froze. Eyes wide open, not saying a word. He could not believe his ears.

"What did you say? I think I misheard you."

".....I said I do not wish to be related to the royal family or any sort."

Aristia unconsciously spoke with a louder voice, loud enough to be heard by the emperor, who was sitting beside Ruveliss and the nobles nearby.

The silver-haired immediately covered her mouth, realizing what she has done.

The emperor turned to look at the silver-haired. Both father and son looked at her with a surprised expression.

"Oh my god, what did she say?"

"If I heard it correctly she said that she doesn't want to be related to the royal family!"

"What? Does it mean that there has been a dispute between the Royal and the Monique family?"

The nobles who heard what Aristia said immediately started to murmur around and spread the news to the other nobles.

"Tch." Ruveliss clicked his tongue and stood up, he grabbed the hand if the girl sitting beside him and walked out from the hall.

Another commotion was heard from the crowd.

Ruveliss walked in a really fast pace, causing Aristia to not be able to keep up with him.

"Y-your highness..!"

"..."

She didn't dare to try and ask him to walk slower since she knows that he's really mad right now.

After walking for some time, they arrived at Ver Palace's garden.

"Guards." Ruveliss called the palace guards.

"Yes, your highness."

"Check if there is anyone in this garden right now."

"Understood, your highness."

In a flash, the guards immediately patrolled the area.

"It's clear, your highness." One of the guards reported back.

"Good. I will be having a conversation with lady Monique now, so make sure no one will disturb us before we finish talking."

"We've received your order, your highness."

Thereafter, the guards went and guarded the entrance of the garden. While Ruveliss dragged Aristia to the middle of the garden where the silver-flower tree is located.

"You. What do you think you're doing?" Ruveliss asked in a cold voice.

"Please forgive my actions, your highness. I unconsciously spoke in a louder voice..."

"Why did you say that?"

"Pardon?"

"What do you mean by not wanting to be related to the royal family? You've been engaged to me ever since you're born so why are you acting out now?"

"..."

"Lady Monique."

"...I do not wish to become the crown princess, nor the future empress. I wish to succeed my family, your highness."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

59.7K 1.5K 14
(Discontinued) -β™•- Princess Elizabeth De Rass, the older sister of Carsein De Rass. She's also the former fiancΓ© to Anastacius De Alger Obelia befor...
4.9K 171 14
"...what must I do father?" "don't tell me you've grown soft towards the girl?" "RHONGOMYNIAD!" "CLARENT BLOOOD ARTHUR!!""LUMINOUS NOVA!!" "No one...
143K 4.8K 28
Iris didn't expect to get pregnant, but she had hoped that after the birth of her child the man would change his behavior. The woman, exhausted from...
48.9K 1.8K 14
A Young Girl Who Lost Everything At A Young Age. Her Mother, Her Father,... Her Sister even her Adopted Grandfather. With a Vengeance In Her Heart, A...