Between Two Worlds

By msheridamn

It's been 3 years since Luz went to the Boiling Isles. She got trapped in the human realm after the doorway b... More

Luz Alone
The Owl House
Welcome to Hexside
Regrets
Amity
Seriously?
First Day
That's My Girl!
Author's Note
Chaos
What Next?
Pain
Memories
Shirts or Lack there of
Sacrifces
Balls and Bats
Boscha
Noceda
Grudgby
The Plan
The Heist Part 1
About the Author
The Heist Part 2
Broken
The Cabin
Mornings
What the hell is going on?
The Plan 2.0
Authors Note
The Ball
2 Hours
Save the Witch Part I
Save the Witch Part 2
Beginnings
Mother of Mine
Last Author's Note
River
Odalia
The Wedding

Remberances

7.3K 215 201
By msheridamn

Luz's eyes fluttered open, she expected lol to be laying in the freezing snow the sun blinding her eyes, but she was greeted with cold room. The walls were a dark shade of a grey-ish blue and she was laying on a steel table. Luz sat up, much to her regret, the action pulled at the muscles in her shoulder causing her to cry out in pain. Two pairs of footsteps got closer and closer to the room she was in. As the door opened her eyes widened in surprise at who was behind the door.

"Willow....Gus.....?" Her breath fell short as she said their names. She ran up to them and hugged them both, but they didn't hug her back. Luz pulled away from the hug her smile faded. "Do you not remember me...?"

"Are we supposed to...?" Gus questioned in a surprisingly deep voice.

"Man your voice got deep." Luz laughed. They both looked at her cluelessly.

"It's...Luz..." She smiled nervously, "The human..." Realization painted both of their faces

"Luz!" They yelled before pulling her into a tight hug. Luz groaned in pain but she ignored her pain because she was surrounded by her two best friends.

"I missed you guys so much..." The two of them pulled away from her and she took a chance to really look at them. Willow looked the same, she was a little taller, her hair had grown out and, her voice sounded older and more mature. Gus on the other hand had changed drastically. He was taller, his voice was deeper, and supported very impressive goatee for a 16 year old.

"Wow Luz...you changed a lot..." Willow poked at her biceps which made  the weak nerd arms she had before pale in comparison. Luz blushed a little as they both examined her closely.

"I could say the same for both of you." She laughed out, but the contractions made her wince. Her shoulder was still throbbing in pain, the bleeding had stopped due to the bandages wrapped around it. She gently stuck her thumb under the bandages to get a leak at her wounds. It was still really bad, the large cuts ran deep into muscle.

"My dad is in the healing coven, he tried his best but it will still take time."  Willow took Luz's hand in hers. She smiled at both of them. It had been years but she was finally back with her friends and it was as if nothing had changed. Willow and Gus led her out of the room she was in and into a small living area. The walls were tan type of wood that must've grow in the isles because she had never heard of it. A large man with olive colored skin and a big brown beard sat on the floor with a boy that looked a lot like him. The boy had the same greenish blue colored hair but a darker skin tone and purple eyes.

"Luz meet my dad, Tim, and my little brother Aspen. Dad, this is our friend Luz, she's from the human world...the one that left a few years ago." The two boys turned their heads to look at her.

"Ah, the human rises. How are you feeling?" Tim said in a startlingly tender voice.

"Oh I'm good. Except for the fact that my shoulder was almost eaten." Luz laughed but the four of them looked at her blankly causing her smile to face.
I didn't know you had a little brother Willow." Luz quickly changed the subject and crouched down so she was eye level with Aspen. "Hey little buddy." She ruffled his hair making him giggle.

"He was born just after you left." Gus added in. Luz's eyes dropped, she hadn't realized how much she missed while she was gone.

"Well it was very nice meeting you both." Luz flashed a charming smile that would make all the girls swoon. Willow dragged Luz and Gus too what she assumed was her room. Willows room was a floral green color with baby plants everywhere and vines growing out from the window.

"How did you guys even find me?" Luz asked as she sat on the floor of her bedroom. Gus was laying on the bed upside down facing her.

"Owlbert led us to you. A few more hours out there and you would've...."Willow slapped Gus's arm to stop him from continuing.

"What's important is that we found you. And you're back here safe with us." Willow quickly added.

"Where is he...Owlbert I mean."

"Oh he's probably with Eda now. After we found you and he flew your bag back he left and we couldn't find him." Tears filled her eyes at the mention of Eda. Willow got up and sat next to Luz wrapping her arms around her, and Gus soon followed. "How about tomorrow we'll go with you to see Eda and the we get your re enrolled in Hexside." Luz smiled into Willow's shoulder and nodded in agreement. The trio stayed that way for a while. Catching up on what each other had missed. Such as Gus had a crush on Jerbo and Willow had gotten top of her class in the plant track. Luz explained to the both of them how the portal had gone missing which is why she didn't come back sooner. The only way she got through was because of Owlbert finding her. Hours passed as the three of them talked on and on until Luz fell asleep out of exhaustion.

                               ~~~
"Ahhh. The human has returned to the Isles, Kikimora, find her at once." A tall man with a white robe and mask sat hunched in a throne like chair. Luz was standing behind a pillar watching the events unfold before her. The man had his hand clutching the left side of his face. The right side of his mask was cracked and one blue eye flicked over to where she was standings.

"Kikimora, it seems our human guest has already arrived. Bring her to me."

Luz woke up with sweat drenching her face. She didn't know what it was about the dream but it made her uneasy. It took her a moment to register where she was. She was laying one Willows bed next to her, she didn't remember falling asleep on the bed but Willow and Gus must have moved her. Gus was laying on a small bed on the floor. She sighed in relief that it wasn't a dream. Willow rolled over and looked at her.

"Are you ok?" Willow whispered sitting up a little. Luz nodded and sighed.

"Just a bad dream" Luz looked down at the bed. She couldn't shake this sinking feeling she had in the pit of her stomach. Willow rested and hand on hers.

"Was it about Amity...?" Luz froze at the mention of Amity's name. She didn't know how she felt about her, it had been so long. "After you left she told me about what happened. Between the two of you. What you said..." Willow whispered

3 years ago
Luz paced around the forest floor. She had stuck a note to Amity's locker telling her to meet her here. The crunch of brush under a foot made Luz turn her head to see Amity approaching her.

"Hey Luz. Dare I ask what were doing in the forest in the middle of the night."  The green haired witch laughed out. Oh god that laugh made Luz swoon, her heart fluttered a little before she grabbed Amity's hand and led her to a log where they sat down. Luz's mind was racing, she could fill blood fill her face making her heat up. All she could look at was Amity's hand in hers.

"Luz...is everything ok...?"  Amity asked concerned laced in her voice. Luz took a deep breath and finally looked at Amity in the eyes.

"I....uh...gosh...well there's been something I've needed to tell you...for a while." Luz hands were shaking now.

"Luz whatever it is you can tel-" Luz cut her off with a kiss. Amity's lips were so soft and sweet. But what surprised Luz the most was the fact that Amity didn't break the kiss. When Luz pulled away she looked into golden eyes.

"I love you...." Luz confessed. Amity just sat there, tears started to burn Luz's eyes and threatened to spill over her cheeks. Oh God I'm such idiot....Why won't she say something....

"Please Ami...just say something...." She saw gloss gold eyes look up at her.

"I'm so sorry Luz...but I just...I don't...feel the same..." Luz felt her heart rip in two, she couldn't breathe, it's as if her whole body just shut down. Amity stood up from where she was sitting and bent down to kiss Luz's cheek. Before walking away from her. She turned back to Luz, tears streaming down her face. "I really am sorry Luz...." And with that Amity ran off into the forest leaving Luz heart broken freezing cold in the dead of night.

"Luz? Are you ok?" Willow asked snapping her out of her daze.

"Yeah...I'm ok....I just...it's been so long since I've seen her...what if she hates me..." Willow snickered at what she said making Luz furrow her eye brows. "What's so funny?" Willow continued to laugh making Luz hit her arm.

"Just go to bed. You need your sleep for tomorrow." She said before rolling over making Luz do the same. Willow was right. She had a long day head of her, and she had a feeling it wouldn't be an easy one.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

194 2 5
It's been fifteen years since the Boiling Isles were saved from the tyrannical rule of Emperor Belos, and Luz and Amity were happy on Earth... for aw...
52K 2K 34
Luz Noceda goes to Hexside University, she's a freshman and barely knows how to keep up with her schoolwork. She lives with her adoptive mother Eda...
42.1K 980 17
2 years have passed since Amity last saw Luz. Even though she didn't expect to see Luz ever again her feelings for the human girl never changed. The...
3.5K 212 36
At 17 years old Luz decided to run from home she manage to go between realms and ended up on the Boiling Isles. When she decides to stay and help Eda...