Bound by My Lady (Black Butle...

By Nirilune

WARNING: Slow update due to rewrite In the heart of Victorian London, where power and privilege reign supreme... More

The Contract
The Letter
Investigations
The Ball (part 1)
The Ball (part 2)
The Phantomhive Manor
First Morning together
Jealousy
The Starting Line
Troublesome news and a wager
Chess match
Author's Note/ Update/ IMPORTANT
Audacity (spicy)
A Freak Accident
A Sorry Attempt
Wind Down
Will's decision
Transformation
My Devoted Demon

The First Step

2.2K 91 10
By Nirilune

(Y/N)'s Point of view:

I watched from a distance, a small smile playing on my lips and with a sweet and seemingly concerned expression, I made my way over to Ciel as he walked in after Elizabeth, linking my arm through Ciel's possessively.

"Oh, you must be Lady Elizabeth!" I said, my voice saccharine sweet. "I've heard so much about you. I'm Lady (Y/n) Rosewood. It's such a pleasure to finally meet you." I glanced at Ciel, letting my eyes twinkle with what I knew he would see as pure kindness. "Ciel has been absolutely wonderful company this evening."

Elizabeth's eyes flared with anger, but she tried to compose herself, her voice wavering as she curtsied and replied, "Lady Rosewood, the pleasure is mine."

I widened my smile, leaning in slightly. "I do hope there are no hard feelings, Lady Elizabeth. Ciel and I were just discussing how lovely the ball is. It's a shame you seemed so upset earlier. I do hope everything is alright."

Elizabeth's face flushed with a mix of embarrassment and rage. "Everything is fine, Lady Rosewood. Thank you for your concern."

I kept my eyes sparkling with mock sympathy, though I knew she saw right through me. "Oh, I'm so glad to hear that. It's important to enjoy these events, don't you think?" I looked at Ciel, my smile unwavering. "Shall we continue, Ciel? I believe the next dance is about to start."

Ciel nodded, clearly relieved. "Yes, of course. Lady Elizabeth, if you'll excuse us."

Elizabeth glared at him, her eyes filled with hurt. "Enjoy your evening." she said coldly before turning on her heel and walking away.

As we moved back onto the dance floor, I couldn't help but feel a thrill of satisfaction. To Ciel, I seemed like a saint, my sweetness and concern appearing sincere, especially in the face of Elizabeth's rudeness. But I knew the truth. I had managed to stake my claim in a way that would make it difficult for Elizabeth to recover.

I leaned closer to Ciel as we danced. "Well, that was quite the scene, wasn't it?" I said with a sly smile, though to him, it would seem I was just trying to lighten the mood.

He gave me a sidelong glance. "Indeed. Let's try to keep the rest of the evening less dramatic, shall we?"

I chuckled, the sound light and teasing. "Of course, my lord. But where's the fun in that?"

As we continued to dance, I felt a sense of triumph. The confrontation with Elizabeth had been entertaining, and it had cemented my place by Ciel's side. The rest of the evening was sure to be interesting, and I was more than ready to play my part.

~

The ballroom's atmosphere was a swirl of music and laughter, but the presence of the Queen's messenger cut through the gaiety like a knife. His arrival was subtle, yet commanding, and it was clear he was there with urgent business.

"Lord Phantomhive, Lady Rosewood," the messenger said, his voice low and formal, "Her Majesty requests your immediate presence in a private room."

Ciel and I exchanged a glance, our expressions mirroring a mix of curiosity and readiness. Without a word, we followed the messenger, weaving through the throngs of guests and down a quiet corridor. The noise of the ball faded behind us, replaced by the soft echoes of our footsteps.

The messenger led us to a small, elegantly appointed room. The walls were lined with rich, dark wood paneling, and a large, ornate table dominated the center. He closed the door behind us, ensuring our privacy.

"Please, take a seat," he instructed, gesturing to the chairs around the table.

We complied, and the messenger produced two thick envelopes from his coat. He handed one to Ciel and one to me, his demeanor serious and efficient.

"These envelopes contain all the information you will need for your mission," he said. "Her Majesty trusts that you will handle this with the utmost discretion and urgency."

Ciel nodded, his expression grave. "Of course. You can rely on us."

I echoed his sentiment, giving the messenger a reassuring smile. "We understand the importance of our task."

The messenger's gaze flicked between us, assessing our determination. Satisfied, he gave a curt nod. "Very well. You are to begin immediately. All necessary resources and contacts have been arranged and detailed within the documents."

With that, he turned to leave, but paused at the door. "Good luck," he added, then slipped out, closing the door softly behind him.

Ciel and I sat in silence for a moment, the weight of the mission settling over us. I could see the determination in his eyes, mirrored by my own resolve. We both understood the gravity of our roles and the trust the Queen had placed in us.

"Ready?" I asked, breaking the silence.

Ciel nodded, a slight smirk playing on his lips. "Always."

We stood and left the room, envelopes in hand, ready to face whatever challenges lay ahead. The mission awaited, and we were prepared to see it through.I hummed quietly and squeezed Ciel's shoulder lightly. "The queen's messenger arrived and we have our orders."

He nodded, and we walked back into the ball to find our butlers waiting patiently. I hooked my arm through Edward's, and to my surprise, he pulled me closer.

"Milady? We've received our orders... Shall we take our leave?" Edward asked, his tone gentle yet firm.

I rubbed my eyes sleepily, playing my part perfectly. "Yes, let us return home."

"My Lady?" Sebastian stepped forward and bowed.

I turned around and smiled sweetly, masking my true intentions. "Yes, Sebastian?"

"May I persuade you to come to stay at the Phantomhive manor?" he asked, his eyes gleaming with an odd intensity.

I glanced at Ciel, who looked shocked, before nodding. "I'd love to. Thank you for the invitation." 

I turned to Edward and nodded. "Go with Sebastian and receive the carriage."

Edward bowed. "Yes, young mistress."

Both of our butlers disappeared quietly, and I yawned sleepily, maintaining my innocent facade. My relatively small frame, swathed in layers of fabric from my dress, felt heavy. I hummed quietly with the music, feeling content.

Ciel seemed to be watching me closely, and I could feel his eyes on me. It was really quite cute, seeing him so attentive. He was probably noticing the rather thick pair of envelopes in my hand, but I felt too sleepy to explain them just yet."

Are those—?" he began, gesturing toward the envelopes.

I nodded while yawning behind my hand. "Yes, I can give you—" I swayed slowly, feeling lightheaded, and Ciel caught me before I fell to the ground.

"Lady (Y/n)?!" he asked worriedly, and I groaned lightly in his arms, my free hand cupping my head before adjusting my gown.

As the fabric slid a little, I saw his eyes catch a glimpse of something on my skin, but before he could look closer, Edward came running. Once he saw us, he quickly but gently removed me from Ciel's arms and helped me walk outside.

Edward picked me up lightly, and I smiled at him sweetly, tapping his nose with a soft giggle, which he returned with a warm smile. Something about the exchange seemed to unsettle Ciel, and he looked away as Edward placed me in the carriage.

"Do not worry, Lord Phantomhive," Edward said, bowing slightly. "My mistress has been overworking herself lately. I'm afraid she just needs some rest."

"Along with some attention, it seems," Ciel said pointedly, his eyes narrowing at Edward, who met his gaze with a dark flash before helping me settle in the carriage.

Moments later, Ciel climbed into the carriage and sat across from Sebastian. Edward shut the door, and we began our journey down the road.

The beginning of the ride was silent, the only sound being my gentle breathing and the trotting of the horses. We hit a large bump, and I heard Ciel hiss when his head hit the roof.

Sebastian smirked, and I rolled my eyes before tilting over, my head landing in Ciel's lap. I snuggled deeper into his lap, murmuring softly as I settled in.

I felt Ciel freeze, unsure how to handle the situation. He slowly put his hands down and ran his fingers through my hair. The faint smell of wildflowers and vanilla wafted into the air, and I hummed contentedly, feeling the strands of my hair tangling around his fingers.

"She definitely was not what I was expecting," Ciel muttered, looking up at Sebastian, who was watching us intently.

"She is quite a soul," Sebastian sighed, dazed. "Honestly, just simply mouthwatering."

Ciel glared at him. "Shut up, idiot. Don't speak about her as one of your snacks."

Sebastian frowned. "I would never. She's no snack; she's much too decadent for that. She's the highest quality soul I've come across in my entire existence." He sighed again, his eyes holding an odd affection. "Edward got a good one."

Ciel paused, his confusion evident. "What do you mean by that, Sebastian?"

Sebastian tilted his head at Ciel. "Come now, my Lord. Don't tell me you haven't noticed? It was entirely obvious from the very beginning of our meeting," he chided, and Ciel's annoyance grew.

"Get on with it! What are you talking about?"

Sebastian grinned and gestured down at me, who hadn't stirred in my slumber. "Surely you've noticed, my Lord? Edward is a demon."

Ciel's eyes widened in shock, and he looked down at me, then back at Sebastian. "A demon? How is that possible?"

Sebastian's smile widened. "It's quite simple, really. Just as I serve you, Edward serves Lady Rosewood. But there is more to her than meets the eye, isn't there?"

Ciel looked at me, his expression softening. "I see. So, Edward is bound to her?"

Sebastian nodded. "Indeed. And she is quite remarkable, isn't she? She holds her own power, one that is intriguing and... captivating."

Ciel's eyes lingered on my sleeping form, his fingers still gently running through my hair. "Yes, she is," he admitted quietly.

I smirked inwardly, feeling the satisfaction of having them both wrapped around my finger. As the carriage continued on its journey, I felt a sense of warmth and safety. I knew that with Edward and Ciel by my side, I was well-protected. And perhaps, just perhaps, this partnership would lead to something greater than any of us could have anticipated.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

50.3K 1.1K 20
It's not easy being two leaders when you are always arguing and fighting with each other. Yet they have a strong connection that can't be hidden. The...
20.6K 519 17
One day I was just doing my work when i heard the doorbell ring i opened it and their was a box and six pairs of eyes stared at me from inside of the...
707K 26K 101
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
14.6K 272 40
˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥ ᴛʜᴇʏ ʟᴀɴᴅᴇᴅ ʀɪɢʜᴛ ɪɴ ᴍʏ ʀᴏᴏᴍ!! ⋆.ೃ࿔*:・ ᴛʜᴇʏ ʟᴀɴᴅᴇᴅ ʀɪɢʜᴛ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ꜰʟᴏᴏʀ ᴏꜰ ᴍʏ ʙᴇᴅʀᴏᴏᴍ! ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴡʜᴏ ᴅᴏᴇꜱ ᴛʜᴀᴛ?! ᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜɪɴ ᴀɪʀ ʀɪɢʜᴛ ɪɴ...