Raven's DarkNess | ✔

By Eminavi

"Your hair looks like night but your eyes shine like day. You are a walking contrast. Who exactly are you?" ... More

Introduction
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Pack Fashion
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen Part I
Chapter Eighteen Part II
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five - Part I
Chapter Thirty Five - Part II
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Four
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Six
Chapter Fifty Seven
What's Next?

Chapter Three

428 19 62
By Eminavi

"Who is he?" I asked, looking from Nessa to Logan. The name rang a bell but none too significant. "And why do you guys want me to seduce him?"

"He has something I want," Logan replied, moving back so he could rest his back against the fridge.

"Who is he?" I repeated the question.

"The Alpha of the Blue Moon pack," Nessa answered and my eyes widened in a mix of confusion and shock. I got off the marbled table.

"You guys are clowns," I concluded, ready to walk out of this shit show.

The Alpha of the Blue Moon Pack. The Blue Moon pack? Are they crazy or just high because at this point, I can't vouch for the mental sanity of either of these two. Not that I could vouch for it before but now, I just confirmed that these hoodlums are indeed deranged. Psychos!

"Nessa, are you on crack?" I questioned seriously, unable to hold back my thoughts.

"Hear us out," she pleaded, her tone soft and I understood that even she knew that she sounded crazy. "You failed at seducing Matthew. That was your mistake and the only reason that I didn't hold up my end of the bargain to give you your freedom. Now, you're being hunted by two very powerful men as well as your whole pack. You can't live with Logan and I forever - not that we are kicking you out but you just can't hide here forever and you know it,"

She was right. This pack was just not my style. It was not at all lavish and reminded me of the small villages that surrounded parts of my pack. I just couldn't stand the dull, boring lifestyle that this pack had to offer. I wanted to party at a club, drink, smoke, hook up randomly, shop, do some adventure sport, get a manicure, spend an outrageous amount of money on shoes I don't need. I want to simply live but in this pack and every other fucking Small Sized pack I've been unfortunate enough to visit, their idea of life is shifting, cooking and training.

I mean training is fun but what's the reward I get for kicking someone's ass here? Congratulations and a pat on the back? What utter rubbish! I need my shopping spree and unlimited cocktails. Also, I hate how in these Small Packs, everyone knows someone that knows someone. Basically, everyone knows everyone. If I don't know a certain person then sure as hell a friend of mine would know them. This makes killing people and one night stands really hard to do.

The pack system worked like this; packs were divided into three categories based solely on the population size and landmass. Based on these criteria, we had the Large-Sized Packs, the Middle Sized packs and the Small-Sized packs. There were fifteen packs in total (or at least until Logan over here did some cheating with the help of this witch Nessa and created a new pack right under everyone's nose). Now, there are sixteen packs in total and each has its own Alpha as well as way of life.

I love my pack. My Alpha, Kai may be a dick but his family definitely made my pack, the Shadow Night pack thrive. It was a Large-Sized pack and the second largest, coming second only to the Goldstone pack - Alpha Maddox's.

"So what does Alpha Enzo have to do with all you just said?" I questioned and Nessa looked at Logan.

"You want your freedom, Raven and Logan wants a specific heirloom, so to speak" Nessa explained.

I narrowed my eyes at her. "And what do you want?"

She doesn't respond for some time. When she does, my head spins a bit.

"For you to seduce Enzo in order for Logan to get the heirloom," she declares her intentions, crossing her arms over her chest definitely and Logan just watches us with a blank look on his face.

I shake my head. She's crazy. This Alpha Enzo or whoever he is unreachable even for me. He comes from the pack that was touched by the moon. The Blue Moon pack is the pack that everyone in my pack basically laughs at. It's the pack that we would all rather die first than step even one foot into. That pack is nuts. They run on some specialised moon coke. They have codes that are just so foreign to me that even just imagining them makes me feel nothing less than asphyxiated.

They take mates and that dumb bond to the next level. Morality is what they live for and I heard that you could get whipped in that pack for just showing your ankles. First of all, mate bonds are dumb. In my whole life, I've only met a handful of people who actually met their mates and even a lesser number of those same people that didn't leave their mates when the sex got boring. Or at least I assumed it got boring because otherwise why would they leave their so-called gifted mate?

I mean my parents were mates but they fought every single day and night so how does a pack expect to feed me, Raven, some bullcrap about a soul mate gifted to you by the moon? I say fuck that life. End up with someone who makes you feel good in more ways than just a manipulative bond. Another thing I love about my pack I guess; we reject this mate bond. In my pack, some people even go as far as wearing special ornaments enchanted by witches to prevent themselves from finding their mate.

I wear one of those ornaments - my ring, the gold one on my second finger with my initial 'R' engraved on it. Although, I wear it not because I'm particularly worried about a mate but because as an Assassin, it is not only mandatory to wear the ring which we refer to as the Assassin's ring but it is also forbidden to ever take it off. It's even in one of our five pledges. It's the fifth pledge. I mean it is only logical really because they can't risk one of us finding our mates in the middle of trying to seduce someone else, can they?

Regardless, with the way the blue moon pack is so devoted to the mate bond, the moon, justice and living moral lives in the wait of their mate, why the fuck would their leader even look at me much less let me get close enough to him to actually seduce him? I may be the best but even the best knows when to throw in the towel and with this Alpha Enzo, there isn't even any towel, to begin with.

"He is the Alpha of the Blue moon pack!" I argued. The more I thought about this, the more I was convinced that this was not a really bad idea but actually just an extremely horrible idea. The only thing that I would succeed in seducing would be my death and I quite like life. As troublesome as it sometimes maybe, I still rather be alive and fighting than dead and forgotten.

"He's a male, Raven," Nessa stated. I laughed, my braid flipping to the side.

"A male rumoured to be blessed and purified by the moon!" If rumours were true then Alpha Enzo was no ordinary male or wolf.

"A male no less," Nessa insisted, her eyes impatient now as her lips tightened.

"If your plan is to kill me then just do it directly. Don't leave my fate in the hands of an Alpha who for all I know could even be ruthless in the name of the moon. I mean his pack members are so into strange practices that I wouldn't be shocked if this Enzo ruled with an iron fist just like Kai!" Logan giggled suddenly and anger rose within me. My eyes felt like the dagger I had hidden at the side of my underwear when I shot him an angry look. "No Logan. I refuse to accept being peddled from one Alpha to another just to fulfil your death wishes. First Matthew, now Enzo. Who's going to be next in the name of my freedom? Kai? Maddox? Matthew's brother, Max? I'm sorry but count me out of this one!"

Logan continued to laugh and then Nessa smiled. When Logan spoke, his cheeks were reddened from his laughing fit.

"You obviously don't know Enzo, you stupid girl! He's like a kid. How could you even compare him to Kai? They are beyond incomparable, complete contrasts. If Kai were night then Enzo would be day!"

"And what would you be?" I shot back sarcastically.

He smiled at Nessa when he said, "the darkNess that befalls them during a never-ending storm called Raven,"

I shook my head, lost for words. At this point, Logan's lost it honestly. I just wished that I had never gotten involved with these guys, to begin with. At least when I was an Assassin, life was somewhat good and predictable but now, everything seems to be constantly spiralling out of control.

"What Logan is trying to say is," Nessa shot Logan a glare. "We agree to one more deal with you. Your freedom for Enzo's heirloom,"

"Why do you want this heirloom anyway and what is it even?" I asked, wanting to get all the facts straight first.

"It's a moonstone," it was Logan who answered, his eyes shining with greed that had his lips turning upward. "it's a beautiful blue moonstone with unspeakable powers baby girl,"

Powers? Again, this sounds like witch business. I do not like witch business. Witch business is extremely messy and never ends well.

"Can't you just get Nessa to do some of her weird magic and conjure up this stone from somewhere else? Why do you have to rope me into all of this?" I proffer a more reasonable solution.

"I can't do that," Nessa replied. "There is only one of that stone in existence. According to legend, It was a gift from the moon to the first Alpha of that pack several hundred years ago and has remained within that Alpha family, specifically the Alpha and any Alpha that comes after that since then. That stone is also said to contain the powers that indoctrinated every Alpha wolf since the dawn of time. I don't know how true that is but that is the legend and I believe it,"

"So why do you want it?" I ask, unable to believe this outrageous story.

"It is said to have powers," Nessa states, her grey eyes twinkling with something but it's not greed, it's something else.

"What kind of powers?" I press on.

"Immortality," Logan states, looking away to open the fridge and then he takes out a can of beer.

I laugh, raising my fingers to my lips. "That doesn't exist. It's fools gold. I honestly thought you were smarter than this,"

"You have your beliefs, I have mine," He resounds, his tone callous. "I just need you to get me that stone. We can argue about who's right when I have the stone in my hands,"

"So you two actually want me to risk my life to seduce an Alpha just to steal a stone that you believe gives you immortality?"

"Bingo, exactly!" Logan lifted the beer to the air in an act of 'cheers' and then brought it down to his lips. "That shouldn't be too hard for you to do,"

"Then what's going to happen after that? I won't have just one Alpha after me. I'll have two!" I yell out. These guys really like playing poker with my life, huh?

"No one will come after you, Raven," Logan stated and I leaned against the marble.

"And why's that?" I asked.

"Because, once you do your job properly, there won't be any more Alphas," my eyebrows furrow and I look from Logan to Nessa and back to Logan. But it is Nessa I trust to make things clear.

I ask her, "what does he mean?"

Her eyes change to silver and glint endlessly when she says, "Once you deliver us the blue moonstone, we will harvest its power to immortalise Logan and once that is done, we will destroy the stone, thereby destroying every Alpha in existence."

~🖤~🖤~🖤~🖤~🖤~🖤~🖤~🖤~🖤~🖤~

Wellpppppp now that's something.

I really love my villians. They always try to do stuff on a grand scale. Do you think it's possible to destroy all Alpha's or not?

Also who else likes Arianna. I've been so obsessed with 'positions' that I wrote two chapters of this book to it. It sort of suits this book I guess.

Thank you guys for reading! I really appreciate it! Hope you enjoyed this chapter.

~Эмма✌🏻💕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

52.5K 2.3K 46
Cover by @auroralust Cassandra Verano has lived her whole life as the Nightstalker, a globally known thief and assassin working for the Organisation...
897 57 15
Tyler, the Lycan prince, was rejected and hurt multiple times by his fated mate, the woman he so much loved, and that changed his life. His heart bec...
25.5K 1K 38
Gemma Hart knows well enough what a gilded prison looks like. Paranoid due to the unsolved assassination of their parents, her brother had spent the...
825 145 152
Valkyrie, 'Val' Tenason, has been told for as long as she can remember that she suffers from schizophrenia like her mother. Her hallucination of choi...