He Taught Me How To Find Myse...

By GabbyBhengu

"You did Maths Ada, and you're smart. Langa and you are so fucking negative. Two negatives make a positive, s... More

He Taught Me How To Find Myself
Disclaimer
Chapter Editing
CAST
Playlist.
00: The High Life 📮
01: Ocean Views 📮
02: His Name Is Langa 📮
03: Taxi Rides📮
04: Her Name Is Charmaine 📮
05: Giving Up📮
06: Shisanyama📮
07: 21st Birthday Celebrations📮
08: Back to Square One📮
09: A Taste Of Freedom 📮
10: Awkward First Time📮
11: His Name Is Nathan📮
12: The President's Birthday 📮
13: Letting Go📮
*Langa's POV* 📮
14: The Mthethwas📮
15: Drunken Mistakes📮
16: Overeating 📮
17: His Name is Shawn📮
18: My Life Is In Order📮
19: History Repeats Itself 📮
20: Survival📮
21: He's Here 📮
22: The Hard Truth 📮
23: Safe Place 📮
24: Inhlawulo📮
25: Peace📮
26: Unexpected Visits.📮
27: Where It All Began.📮
28: Skipped A Beat📮
29: First Impressions📮
30: Her Name Is Mihlali 📮
31: Spur Of The Moment 🗳
32: His Name is Tumelo 🗳
33: Moving On 🗳
35: City Views🗳
36 : Reconciliation🗳
37: Appreciation 🗳
38: Preparations. 🗳
39: Exposed 🗳
40: Exposed Part 2🗳
41: The One. 🗳
42: SURPRISE!!🗳
43: Friends That Are Family🗳
44: A Day With Mama🗳
45: Lunch Dates & Exes🗳
46: My Step Father 🗳
47: The Last Dinner 🗳
Teaser

34: Taking A Risk🗳

517 64 1
By GabbyBhengu

"To get what you want, you have to deserve what you want. The world is not yet a crazy enough place to reward a whole bunch of undeserving people."
-Charles T. Munger

In life you have to take risks. If you don't fight for what you want, you won't get it.

I was now in Pretoria, I booked a hotel because I didn't want to be around Siyanda. She did nothing wrong, but showing up unexpected with a baby and her nanny at her front door was not good.

I rummaged through my suitcase so I could find a proper outfit.

I applied light make up on my face and glued my lashes to my face. I was going all out for this date.

I didn't tell Tumelo that I would be in Pretoria. I wanted to surprise him.

After the talk that Melinda gave me, I realised that life is too short.

I took an Uber to the mall. I was feeling so excited. Today I was going to get my man.

"Sorry ma'am, do you need any help?" A woman tapped my back. I turned around and took in her appearance.

She was wearing a black tuxedo and black formal pants with pumps. I'm assuming she's the manager.

"Hello, I'm looking for a nice watch, for men" I said

"Your boyfriend? Husband? Brother? How old is he?"

"Is that really necessary?" I asked, my face was laced with confusion

"I don't know how to explain this, it's just like how you wouldn't buy your grandmother a set of lingerie but you would buy her a nightdress yet they all fall under night wear"

"I'll pretend that makes sense" I said laughing.

She shook her head and waited for my answer.

"Its for my... boyfriend" I concluded.

"Oh that's great, follow me"

I felt out of place in my casual clothing. She led me to an area which was at the back of the shop.

"These are okay I guess, and I think they'd suit your budget" she said scanning me up and down.

I rolled my eyes and gave the watches on look and walked away.

"Those are on sale. We just got them from the factory, their the rejects. Nothing above R100" she said giving me a fake smile.

"Maybe your man does, but my man won't wear a watch that's anything less than R5000.00, so take me to the gold and silver watches before I report the service I received in this store to your head offices" it was now my turn to give her a fake smile.

"Follow me" she said as she walked ahead of me. I did a small dance in my head and walked to the direction of the real deal watches.

"There's the Rasp Diesel watch. As you can see it's black and gold"

"How much is it?"

"R3 599.00" she said. I nodded my head.

"It's Okay, I just don't think I like it. It's too casual, I'm looking for something that screams money, it must be formal. I want him to look like power when he walks inside a room"

She groaned at my explanation and walked to the next set of watches. I slowly followed behind her while I looked for something that I might like for myself in the process.

"Uhum" she cleared her throat.

"We have the Michael Kors Merrick Gold watch. It's stainless steel, I think this is what you're looking for"

"I like this, do you have one for women, if you do I'm copping it."

"The one for women is R4 725.00" she said opening the glass window with the key and holding it up for me.

"I'll take that" I said snatching it from her hand and examining it.

"I saw something else that I like. For the man, I want the Michael Kors watch but the gold Lexington" I said.

"That will be R5 999.99"

"Perfect. Now wrap that up for me and I'll meet you at your cash register" I said shooshing her away.

I don't like the way that she treated me when I woke up. She judged me based on the way that I was dressed. Since she wanted me to show her her place, I was going to do exactly that

"That'll be R10 924.99 including the wrapping for both the watches"

I took out my card and swiped it. It didn't decline and I released a breath I didn't know I was holding in.

My father is clearly going to kill me because he said if I want to buy anything above R4000.00 I should call him first, maybe a Levis jean will get his mind off of this.

I walked out of the sore after paying and decided to buy a more formal dress for this occasion. I was also going to buy Tumelo a tuxedo and pants. I had something huge planned.

In total, today I ended up spending over R20 000. I received a face beat and wore a spaghetti strap long, black dress which hugged me in all the right places.

I requested for an Uber and made my way to his house. It was now around 18:00. I knocked on the front door but nobody answered. I could hear laughter from the inside so I walked towards the window where I could get a clear view of the lounge.

The T.V was playing and Tumelo was sitting in front of it watching some comedy show. Evey fifteen seconds he would laugh at something that was said.

I was about to go back and ring the door bell but what I saw broke my heart. The same woman who was at the jewellery shop walked in with a bowl of popcorn and placed her feet on his laps. He gave them a tight squeeze and took the bowl from her.

They ended up throwing popcorn at each other while the T.V was playing in the background. I slowly stepped away, in the process I knocked over a flower pot with my shoes. I froze in shock and then suddenly, the T.v was switched off.

I realised that if I didn't make a run for it I was going to get caught.

I ran towards the Uber and entered the car.

"Drive you nincompoop" the driver stepped on the gas pedal and I released a breath when we drove away. From a distance, I saw Tumelo and that girl exiting the house to check who was out side.

I sat down and gave the driver directions to the hotel I was staying in.

As soon as I stepped out of the car, I took the items I had purchased and walked towards the room I was staying in. When I got there, I took one look at my baby who was peacefully sleeping and I broke down and cried.

Don't I deserve happiness like everyone else or was I trying to hard?

I always seem to chase away everything good that comes in my life.

I gave Siyanda a call. She answered immediately

"Hello babe"

"Hey Siyanda" I said sniffing

"You sound like you were crying hun, what's wrong?"

"Oh, It's nothing. I just wanted to tell you that I'm in Pretoria. I arrived this morning."

"I was at home all day today. You didn't come over, where are you staying?"

"I'm staying at this hotel, Mihlali is here. Siyanda I ruined everything" I said

"I'm coming over with snacks" she dropped the line immediately. I cried louder on the pillow. I didn't want to wake Mihlali and her nanny up.

The bedroom had two beds and we had also requested that they put a cot inside, they agreed but there were additional fees.

Not even fifteen minutes later Siyanda called saying that she's our side and I gave her the directions to my room. I called the reception downstairs and told them to allow her to come through.

When I opened the door to the room she gave me a hug and I broke down again.

"Oh honey, there's always room for you at my place. Why didn't you tell me you're coming over"

"I left without saying go-go-goodbye. I didn't wa-want to in-intrude" I hiccuped

"You're family" she said running circles on my back

"Where's my niece?" She asked scanning the room. I pointed toward the for and she slowly walked over and picked her up

"Mihlali is so beautiful. What an angel she is. We all need to go shopping tomorrow to get our mind off of this, what do you say?" She asked me.

"I don't know" I replied hesitantly.

"Say please mommy" Siyanda said picking Mihlali up in the air. Mihlali woke up and released a weird sound.

"Did you hear that 'please'. You can't say no to that face now, can you mommy?"

"Okay" I said in defeat.

She threw Mihlali in the air which caused her to giggle.

"Thats right my nunu" she said throwing her higher.

"Switch on the T.V, I bought some movies and snacks. I even bought some Purity for my little nunu" she said tickling her.

We sat down on the couch and ended the night with a movie marathon until we all fell asleep.

***
Don't forget to comment and vote.
Thanks for 12.5k reads. Let's get to 1k votes ❤❤❤❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.7K 521 71
[COMPLETELY EDITED AND FINISHED.] "Being abused your whole life isn't nice. Being told that you are not worthy and being punished for all the little...
67.3K 3.6K 35
"When I was a little girl I used to read fairy tales. In fairy tales you meet Prince Charming and he's everything you ever wanted. In fairy tales the...
3.9K 1K 78
" Olivia, I liked you from the moment you hiccuped your way into my life. It's funny really but it's the truth. I also wasted a lot of time and this...
66 6 5
||~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|| HEAVILY INSPIRED BY AN MSA (MY STORY ANIMATED) VIDEO, I FELL IN LOVE WITH A BOY THAT I CAN NEVER HAVE. ||~~~~~~~...