Meant To Be || KTH

By YoonminSlaysus

[ COMPLETED ] ' I chose him over everyone else.' And ' She left me like we were never meant to be together.'... More

Note
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Epilogue

Chapter 18

466 39 9
By YoonminSlaysus

I waited for two months. 

Two months.

We didn't meet.

We didn't talked.

We didn't called.

We just stayed apart.

It was the time that I had got

which I didn't ask for it.

It was his way of giving me time to think it calmly.

but I had made my mind for it.

He finally signed the papers.

after 3 months of waiting.

When I saw him in the court,

he seemed angry...

on me.

At that moment,

I didn't realized it

but he has every right to be angry on me.

He was right.

and I was wrong.

I took away everything from him.

His happiness.

A Happy Family.

and a lovely future.

I was the reason behind his faded smile.

When once I was the reason for his smile.

I sighed as I sipped my coffee from my mug. My parents died and this house is the only place I could stay without having to pay for the rent. I am running short of money as well. I looked over the boxes kept in a corner of the living room.

I had taken a 'work from home' job to make money so I can spend time with Tiara. But as she will grow up; the money won't be enough. I have to think of something better to provide things to her. I can't take a job or else who will look after her when I will be gone!?

I need to find a way through this. I rose from the chair as it was time to bring Tiara back home from school. I took my coat and walked over to her school and waited outside the school gate along with other parents. The school bell rang and little by little children started to rush out to their parents. I kept an eye for Tiara and saw her running towards me. I kneeled as she hugged me.

" Tiara! " I hugged her back.

" How was your day ?"  I asked pulling away.

" It was nice. I made a new friend." She replied happily.

" Oh really? That's great! What's your new friend's name ?" I asked as I stood up and ready to leave.

" It is ...OH! DAD !!! " she rushed to Taehyung who stood nearby.

He picked her up and swung her around. Clara stood beside Taehyung and smiled at them. I let out a sigh before walking over to them. Taehyung was talking to Tiara and I didn't felt the need to interrupt it but I just wanted to let him know that spending time with Tiara is equally important for me.

" Tiara will be going home with me today," I said to make it clear that he can't take her with him today.

" I think she will be going with me today," Taehyung replied with a fake smile.

" She did yesterday." I snapped at him.

He looked at me and back at Tiara then smiled. " I think she will be with me. Let's go." He said turning away to walk to his car. 

I wanted to stop him but he turned back to call Clara. She bid me goodbye a bit hesitantly and walked away. I had my hands balled into a fist, gulping my anger. There was this sense of loss when he took away Tiara from me but then I see my daughter waving at me from the car's window as the car drove by. I pulled a smile and waved back.

I turned around with no hand to hold and walked away. Wherever my legs can take me. I entered a park and sat down on a bench. My mind thinking every possible thought of why Tiara want to be with Taehyung; while my stomach growled with no food intake. My attention went to the family of 3 playing by the swing. The small boy laughed showing two missing front teeth and the father pushed the kid lightly from behind as the mother takes the picture of them to capture the moment.

" Tiara! Don't run around !" I ran behind her.

" Tiara! Come here !" Mom chased after her along with me.

" Make sure you click this button." I heard Taehyung guiding his father.

" Tiara !" I called her out.

" Ha! Gotchu !" Taehyung caught her mid-way. " Why are you running away ?" he asked smiling at her. Tiara giggled in response.

" Okay. Cheese !" Dad said as we got ready to click the picture.

I smiled with Tiara in my arms and Taehyung's hand across my shoulder, giving his boxy smile but there was no flash but just click of the camera button. 

" Did it work ?" Taehyung was walking over to his parents to check if the camera worked perfectly.

" Ah! I got it! Get back in the position !" Dad ordered.

Taehyung run midway towards me and hugged me as he kissed my cheeks. I remember Tiara laughed at that moment.

It was a picture which was kept beside Tiara's bed. I sighed trying to lighten the heaviness in my heart. I watched the sunset and the sky turn orange until it faded. I decided to head home and I was greeted by Tiara running up to me.

" MOM !!!!!" she called me and I opened my arms.

" Hey !!! You had fun ?" I asked happily taking her in my arms.

" Mom, I went to ..." Tiara continued to tell me about her day as I walked inside the house. 

Keeping my purse aside, I listened to her attentively. She told me all the fancy things that Taehyung can afford and give her. How it made her day and  how she enjoyed spending time with her father. I smiled throughout until she finished telling me about her day.

" That's a really fun place you went with your dad." I put her down. ' I hope I could join you but for now, change in a fresh set of clothes and I will make food for you, Okay ?"

" Yes, mom !" She replied and rushed upstairs to change her clothes.

I filled a glass of water and walked to give it to Taehyung who has entered the house closely behind us. I kept the glass on the table and stood there. He didn't mind me for a few minutes until he slightly turned his head towards me but didn't look me in the eye as if giving me a sign to talk.

" Are you trying to win her over by giving her whatever she needs ?" I asked sternly. He looked away in disbelief.

" Are you gonna ignore my question ?" I asked when he didn't reply to me.

" So you are just gonna sit there and say nothing," I said when I didn't get an answer again.

" What's the use? You are not gonna listen to anyone anyways." He snapped at me.

" What ?" I asked in confusion.

" When have you listened to someone, Mia? When? When did you? Tell me." He asked standing up and facing me; making me step back a bit. I remained silent.

" You have your answer." He said picking his coat and walking past me and out of the door. Closing the door behind him and leaving me alone in the living room.

I stood there with tears in my eyes and my hands in a fist. I felt a gush of emotions washing on the surface of my heart. I closed my eyes and crouched down, covering my ears as the voices came haunting me. 

" How can she ruin her marriage like this ?"

" She is too stupid to leave her handsome husband."

" I wonder how far this marriage will go ?"

" Why can't you be more like Christy ?"

" You are supposed to listen to your parents, Mia."

" You deserve nothing."

" Mom."

" Mom." I heard Tiara's voice. I wiped my tears away. 

"What's wrong, Mom?" she asked concerned by my state.

" Nothing." I stood up and walked to her. " Mom is fine. Thank you for being here, Tiara." I said with a smile.

I thanked my daughter.

For bringing me back 

From all the hallucinations and away from those voices.

" I will never leave you, Mama." she hugged me.

 I hugged her back; trying not to break down in her arms. My heart broke into pieces. I realized, all that I had now is my daughter, Tiara. I can't lose her. Just like I lost everyone this far. This is all I can have to give me hope.

" Mama will always be here. " I said in a voice that breaks as I try to hold on to my only hope. 

" Mama will never leave you," I said kissed her on cheek.

Tiara was the only precious thing to me now.

' I would never do anything to lose her. '

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

970K 36.2K 27
❝ Sometimes, it's hard to tell you how much you mean to me. A lot of times I don't say anything at all but I hope someday you will understand, having...
1.3M 62.2K 39
My heart ached when I saw him with the princess. She was his fiancée. The pain was unbearable. I knew all too well that I would never be in her posit...
295K 22.5K 48
⚠️Please be aware that the following content is the sole part of my imagination and has nothing to do with the mentioned idol⚠️ "I am going to make y...