[3] SCAPEGOAT ━ Fred Weasley

cIeopatras tarafından

❝ I reckon someone ought to cover your asses, might as well be me ❞ FRED WEASLEY x OC Goblet Of Fire - Ord... Daha Fazla

𝐒𝐂𝐀𝐏𝐄𝐆𝐎𝐀𝐓
LIAR, LIAR
𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐎𝐍𝐄
01. Punching Bag
02. Bloody Idiots
04. Rapunzel
05. You Will
06. Playing Matchmaker
07. I Don't Know
08. I See Through You

03. Tonight It Is

1.7K 134 25
cIeopatras tarafından

THREE TONIGHT IT IS

Bram was fully aware that he was absolutely doomed when it came to the Weasley twins. He would do anything they asked and he wasn't even sure why. Well, he was sure why, but that didn't mean he was going to admit it to himself ever. No, he would simply convince himself that he liked the idea of research and watching the twins make fools of themselves. It certainly wasn't because of the way Fred smiled the moment Bram agreed to find a potion for them. He was unfortunately aware of how this was going to work out for him and he knew it was not going to end well. Still, here he sat in the library after classes, scouring through potions books.

"You're not gonna find what you need, you know," Skyler mused as she sat with her legs kicked up on the table, picking at her nails with her wand. Despite being a Ravenclaw, she was never one for research. Bram had a feeling if she was just a smidge more mischievous she would have ended up in Slytherin, but alas, she chose to use her powers for good. "There's no way they'd leave a recipe for an aging potion just lying around. Even then, I don't even think an aging potion will work with the age ring Dumbledore cast. It's a recipe for disaster, really."

"Maybe so," Bram muttered as he skimmed the pages of the current book he was searching through, "but it'll be hilarious to watch if it goes horribly wrong."

The girl snorted, "I think you mean when it goes horribly wrong."

"You're right, my mistake," the boy laughed as he found what he was looking for. Looking around, he coughed to cover up the noise of him tearing the page out since they weren't allowed to check out books from the restricted section. Despite having respect for his education, Bram had very few qualms about ripping the page out. You have to do what you have to do, right? He folded the page neatly and tucked it in his shirt pocket, casting a disguising spell so it would blend in more. He could never be too careful when carrying out his shenanigans. He wanted to at least get the recipe to Fred and George before they blew the operation.

"I don't know how you aren't in Slytherin just for that," Skyler judged as they began to make their way out of the library, "What's next? You dog-ear your pages?"

Bram shrugged, "My bookmarks always slip out and I lose my place. Besides, I hate when books look too clean and new."

"Oh, Merlin, you're gonna be the death of me," she mumbled as they left the warmth of the quiet library in exchange for the bustling hallways. Bram turned away from the route that would lead them to the Ravenclaw common room, instead of heading down to the lake where the twins had made a plan for him to give them the recipe. Skyler followed alongside him, slinging her arm around his shoulders. They got a few odd looks mainly because most students in their year through Skyler and Bram were a couple, but they couldn't be any more wrong. Bram had his crush on Fred and Skyler had her crush on Angelina, but of course, no one would ever know such a thing. This being the case, Bram had come to terms with the fact that people would just assume he was her boyfriend. He'd rather be Skyler's boyfriend than be cast as an outcast or freak.

The early September air was brisk as they left the castle walls, Skyler taking a deep breath as they broke away from the crowds, "Whew, it gets crowded in there. I can't wait for it to start getting really cold, I miss a good snowy Hogsmeade day."

"I'm looking forward to getting my revenge for last year's snowball fight," Bram shook his head as they walked, "You cheated and you know it."

"Just because my sneeze sounded suspiciously like a hex doesn't mean I cheated," the girl argued with a teasing hint in her voice, "We said no wands, we didn't say no magic."

"It was implied!" he exclaimed as they came across the twins by the lake, waiting for him with anticipation all over their faces. Without a word, he removed the disguise charm from the piece of paper and handed it over to Fred.

The boys overlooked the paper excitedly, Fred shouting, "Brilliant!"

"Oh, this'll work like a charm, easy peasy," George affirmed as he looked at the ingredients, "We'll knick this stuff easy from Snape's office, I reckon."

"Bram, you gonna be our lookout tonight?" Fred asked and Bram knew he wasn't going to be able to say no. Then again, it wasn't like he had a reason to say no in the first place. He could feel Skyler's gaze searing into his side, but he also knew she wouldn't stop him.

After a moment he sighed, "Yeah, I suppose, but I'm killing you guys if I get caught. Snape still scares me after all this time."

"Of course he does," Fred teased, "The sheer amount of grease in his hair is bloody terrifying, ain't it?"

The group laughed as Fred shoved the potion recipe in his pocket, clapping Bram on the back. The boy smile as the redhead's arm lingered around his shoulders. It was a small action, but Bram's heart fluttered at the warmth. 

"You guys are idiots," Skyler shook her head disapprovingly, but Bram could still she was fighting back a smile as she usually was when it came to the twins and the schemes she and Bram were often sucked into. At least one of them had to actually keep them in check or else it would probably be utter chaos. Usually, if they really were going to attempt something dangerous, Skyler would be the voice of reason and Bram was thankful for that. 

"And we'll always have you to remind us, Sky," George chuckled, the four of them beginning to walk back towards the castle as the sun hung low in the sky. It was just about time for dinner and Bram's stomach was already starting to rumble from the light lunch he had hours ago. Fred kept his arm around his shoulders as they walked, but Bram had no problems with this at all.

"I don't know what we'd do without you, Bram," Fred muttered as they walked, looking over at the boy with a smile.

Bram laughed at this, "You'd probably have gotten expelled your second year, I reckon."

"I don't doubt it," the boy added, "but your life would be that much more boring then and you know it."

He shook his head, but a small grin was still breaking through his gentle features as he said, "Yeah, yeah, I do." 

"So? Tonight it is then?" George interrupted the conversation, but Bram didn't mind.

He nodded, "Tonight it is." 

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

759K 24.1K 105
❝ a darkness that holds me, and loves when I bleed, it locks all the doors and then hides all the keys, wish someone had told me what I co...
141K 1.1K 63
*Book finished* Just a preference book on the boys of Harry Potter This includes ... Harry Potter Ron Weasley Draco Malfoy Fred Weasley George Weasl...
174K 6.6K 30
"𝙤𝙞, 𝙬𝙝𝙖𝙩𝙨 𝙝𝙚 𝙩𝙖𝙡𝙠𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙖𝙗𝙤𝙪𝙩?" "𝙗𝙚 𝙦𝙪𝙞𝙚𝙩, 𝙝𝙚'𝙡𝙡 𝙩𝙖𝙠𝙚 𝙥𝙤𝙞𝙣𝙩𝙨 𝙤𝙛𝙛!" ɪɴ ᴡʜɪᴄʜ ᴀ ᴡᴇᴀsʟᴇʏ ᴀɴᴅ ᴀ ʜᴜғғʟᴇᴘᴜғғ ᴘᴀs...
54.4K 2.1K 46
𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐢𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐞𝐱𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐦𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐌𝐚𝐥𝐟𝐨𝐲 𝐟𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐲 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐭. 𝐀𝐧 𝐚𝐥𝐦𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐮�...