Daddy's Little Girl

By Tranay21

Victoria Gregorio is all grown up and determined to let the whole world know it. After shedding her good-girl... More

Prologue
Happy Birthday Bitchzilla
Bitchzilla Meets Mr. Jones
Parental Guidance Needed
Operation: Break Down
The Forgotten Child
Bitchzilla's Not-So Perfect Life
The Funeral
A Day with Mr. Jones
Out with the Old, In with the New
Chicken Gumbo, Cars, and a Kiss
Her Knight in Shining Armor
The Talented Mr. Jones
Can I Trust You?
A Glimpse at the Past
A Door Marked Exit
A Dangerous Warning
Battle Lines
Defiance
Freedom
Let's Play House
The One Where it All Falls Apart
Payback
The Harder They Fall
Protect the Ones You Love (Part 1)
Protect the Ones You Love (Part 2)
Aftershock
Going Home
Deja Vu
When The Battle Is Over?
Battle Scars
The Prodigal Daughter Returns
The Pursuit of Mr. Jones
Extraordinary Love

Epilogue

12.8K 523 55
By Tranay21

Victoria rushed into the shop unable to contain her excitement, she floated behind the counter and stood next to Dante and watched him work with a customer.

 "We need to talk," She said to him while poking his shoulder.

"Okay, just give me a minute," he mumbled as he filled out some paperwork.

"Can't Terry take over, I'm dying over here?" she said as she pulled on his arm. Dante looked at her and could see that she was about to burst with whatever she needed to tell him. He had Terry come over to take over before Victoria dragged him back to his office.

"Okay what's got you all excited?"

"Do I look different today?" she asked and Dante gave her a quick look over and shook his head no.

"Really?" she said with a frown.

"I don't know your face looks a little bloated."

"What!" she exclaimed as she quickly produced a mirror from her purse and examined her face.

"It does not,"

"Yeah it does as a matter of fact I think you've gained some weight, you've been looking a little fluffy lately."

"I have not, stop it be serious."

"I am being serious," he said with a straight face as he watched Victoria pinch her side.

"Oh no...maybe I didn't shrink my jeans," she mumbled as she plopped down into Dante's desk chair looking as if all of the life had been sopped out of her.

"So what did you want to tell me?"

"Huh—oh that's right," she said snapping out of the trance she was in "Guess who just got a job at The Law Firm of Bandito and Associates," she beamed. After spending four months traveling Victoria decided that it was time to get back to work. She had finally convinced Martina to give her a job at her firm, even though Martina was convinced that Victoria would grow bored at the small firm but Victoria knew it was exactly where she needed to be.

 "Really?"

"Yupp, it's been official since twelve o'clock this afternoon." She said showing off her new identification card.

"Babe that's wonderful," Dante said as he hugged her.

"Thank you, dad wants us all to go out tonight to celebrate after the grand opening ceremony for the arts museum. He got us reservations at Masa."

"I completely forgot about the ceremony tonight. I can't go we're swamped."

"What do you mean you can't go, let Terry and Roscoe cover for you?"

"Roscoe went out of town it's just me and Terry. I can't just up and abandon him." He said and Victoria felt like her happy bubble had been deflated.

"You're right,"

"I'm sorry babe I promise I'll make it up to you," he said as he kissed her forehead. "I have to get back to work but call me later on tonight when you get in." he said before rushing out leaving a pouting Victoria behind.

"First he calls me fat and now he abandons me," she mumbled to herself as she walked out of the building.

 ***

"Why the long face?" Yaharah asked as Victoria sat down at the table. "We're supposed to be celebrating."

"I know, I'm sorry, Dante killed my vibe."

"What did he do, want me to beat him up?"

"I went to tell him about the job and he was happy for me but he kind of just brushed me off. He said that he was busy so he can't make the ceremony or dinner tonight but it feels like there is more to it."

"Don't over think it he's just busy with work, you might have forgotten what it's like after being unemployed for eight month. I'm sure he'll do something big to make it up to you. If only I could get Theo to take notes from him."

"Why must you always take his side?"

"Because I know you Victoria and how you can blow things out of proportion when things don't go your way. You know he's crazy about you, you're just being suspicious because he hasn't proposed to you yet."

"How much longer do I have to wait? We've talked about it a bunch of times already, I don't know why it's taking him so long." She pouted

"Maybe he's waiting for you to propose,"

"It's a tempting idea but I am the one upgrading his life he needs to be the one to ask." She said and Yaharah laughed.

"So what are the plans for your anniversary next week?"

"We're having dinner at Barry's Place, after that I don't know Dante is supposed to take care of that. He hasn't even mentioned it since we last talked about it, he better not have forgotten." She said and Yaharah shook her head.

"You are hopeless," she said with a laugh as she sipped at her soda. "Cooper will be at the ceremony tonight, I gave him my tickets." She continued changing the subject. "You know he's just waiting for Dante to slip up."

"Really Blondie, you're still trying?"

"I don't see an issue with keeping your options open. Dante hasn't locked you down yet." She said and Victoria rolled her eyes.

"Shut up and figure out what you want to order."

****

Victoria rolled her eyes as she tossed back the remaining contents in her glass as a guest talked her ear off about a painting. After the opening ceremony the guest were allowed to view the exhibits but Victoria was just ready to leave.

"There you are," Cooper said as he walked over to her and Victoria instantly lit up. She excused herself as she took Cooper's arm.

"Thank you, you are a life saver." She said as they walked over to another exhibit.

No problem, you looked like you could use some help." He said as he plucked two glasses of champagne from the passing waiter and handed one to Victoria.

"You look amazing, I'm surprised Dante isn't here to stand guard." He said as he admired Victoria in the hunter green floor length gown she wore, the thigh high split showing off flashes of skin as she moved around.

"He had to work tonight," she said with a frown."

"I didn't know you would be here Cooper," Gaby said as she walked over to them.

"Hello Mrs. Gregorio, Yaharah gave me her tickets."

"Oh that was nice of her, did you come with someone?"

"Yes ma'am, she went wondering off somewhere. I better go find her." he said before excusing himself and went off to find his date.

"He's cute and all but I will cut him down to size." Gaby said as she linked arms with her daughter.

"What are you talking about?"

"Don't act all innocent, you know he has a thing for you and I refuse to let another man take my son-in-law's place."

"He's not your son-in-law yet." Victoria said rolling her eyes.

"He will be. Let's go before we miss our reservation." Gaby said as she swatted Victoria on the behind making her scowl.

Later on that night when Victoria had settled down for the night she called Dante to fill him in on what he had missed only to have the call go straight to voicemail. Victoria chewed at her bottom lip as she shut down her phone and tossed it onto the nightstand.

Have patience Victoria, she thought as she climbed into bed. The one thing Victoria hated and refused to be was ignored. She could count on one hand how many times she actually spoke to Dante during the past week and a half and each time the conversation was basic and brief.

 "He's going to die tonight," Victoria said as she stretched across Aaliyah's bed as she helped her pick out an outfit for her date that night.

"Give him some credit Vic, he'll definitely show up tonight. You know you are very important to him, he's just been busy."

"Why does everyone keep taking his side?" She said tossing a dress at Aaliyah. "Try this one on."

"Because we know you Victoria--no not this one, it's a little too sexy for a first date."

"You're not allowed to have sexy clothes you're only twelve." She said and Aaliyah rolled her eyes. "The temperature is going to drop tonight maybe you should wear pants and a sweater, maybe a turtleneck."

"Really Victoria? If you're not going to help then get out." Aaliyah huffed.

"Okay, okay since nothing in here is working let's go shopping. I need to buy some shoes for tonight anyway."

"Really? You're buying right?"

"I guess I'll pay for you freeloader."

"Call me whatever you wants as long as you whip out that Amex card at the register." Aaliyah said as she skipped out of the room leaving Victoria behind.

****

"She is going to kill me," Dante said as he checked his watch as he caught a red light. He had made a pit stop before meeting Victoria at the restaurant and then he ended up in traffic. He was a half hour late and with the way traffic was moving he would not make it to Barry's Place for another hour. To make matters worse he had left his cell phone at the shop when he rushed out, he knew that Victoria was thinking the worst.

"This isn't going to work," he mumbled as he tried to work his way out of traffic and into a parking spot. The area he was in he was not familiar with but somehow he had to get to the subway it was the only way he could get across town in time. He grabbed the flowers and gift bag he had for Victoria, locked up his car and ran towards the main street. After a bus and two trains he finally made it to the restaurant only to find another couple at their reserved table.

"Sid... where... is she?" Dante asked as he gasped for air.

"Why are you so late... and sweaty?" Sid asked with a frown.

"It's a long story, where is Vic?"

"Dante you are almost two hours late do you really think she would still be waiting for you?" he said shaking his head. "We tried to keep her here for as long as possible but I don't have to tell you that she's pissed off."

"Let me borrow your cell," he said and Sid handed him the phone. Dante rubbed the back of his neck as the phone rang and rang until Victoria finally picked up.

"What's up Sid?"

"Where are you?" Dante asked and he could feel Victoria roll her eyes.

"You really have a lot of nerve Mr. Jones." She said before ending the call. Dante tried calling again but the phone went straight to voicemail.

"How long ago did she leave?"

"About an hour ago,"

"Did she drive here?"

"I don't know," Sid said as Maya walked over to them shaking her head with disapproval.

"Maya do me a favor call Vic for me and find out where she is."

"Why should I do you any favors after standing her up like that?"

"I'm here how did I stand her up. I went through hell trying to get here on time. Can you just call her?"

"She's going to know you're here."

"She's angry with me so that means she's probably going shopping. Just find out what store she's at."

Maya rolled her eyes as she whipped out her cell phone and called Victoria as she walked towards the back. When she returned a few minutes later she told Dante that Victoria had gone shopping like he predicted but was taking the train home.

****

Victoria walked into the house with a weary sigh she felt drained both physically and emotionally. She dropped her shopping bags at the foot of the stairs and kicked off her shoes as Heather trotted down the stairs to greet her.

"Hi brat," she said as she scratched her behind the ears. Heather pulled at her pants leg with a growl. "I just walked in, can't you give me five minutes to change." She fussed as she stomped up the stairs with her bag and shoes in hand. After changing into sweat pants and a hoodie Victoria slipped into her sneakers while Heather waited for her at the foot of the stairs with her leash in her mouth.

"You're best friend is in a whole lot of trouble," she said to Heather as they walked down the street. The weather was nice and mild, the sun was almost finished setting, it was the perfect time for a run.

"Keep up with me girl." Victoria said as she broke out into a trot.

Dante walked up to the Gregorio house and noticed that there were no cars in the driveway. He rang the doorbell but when no one came to the door he took a seat on the porch. He was tired he felt like he had traveled all over New York trying to get to Victoria. He looked down at the flowers in his hand and they looked just as tired as he felt. He closed his eyes as he waited and as his body began to relax he fell asleep.

When Victoria made it back to the house she saw Dante asleep on the porch swing and rolled her eyes as she walked up the stairs. She walked into the house and set Heather up with a fresh bowl of water and food before going to wake up the hobo on her porch. She squirted some of the water from her water bottle in his face and watched as he jumped up. He wiped the water from his face and looked up at Victoria as she drank from her water bottle.

"Go home," she said before turning on her heels to leave and Dante grabbed her by the arm.

"Babe just listen to me I know today has been a mess I-"

"- Congratulations Mr. Jones you have ruined our first and last anniversary, you can go home now." She said waving her hand in dismissal.

"Victoria stop being so dramatic and listen to me."

"You've ignored me for two weeks straight what makes you think I want to hear anything you have to say?" she asked folding her arms across her chest.

"Look babe, I wasn't ignoring you. I admit I haven't been managing my time very well for the past few weeks but that doesn't mean I stopped thinking about you or caring about you. My job is demanding just like yours and sometimes things get a little backed up."

"So what happened today? We had this date planned a whole month in advanced, you knew it was coming up. I was even kind enough to remind you last night with a text message that you did not respond to."

"I know and I swear to you I was on time. I would have made it to the restaurant on time but I had to pick up your gift. Then I got stuck in traffic." He said holding up the gift bag in his hand for emphasis. "I parked my car in the middle of nowhere to take the subway just to get to you. Got all the way to Barry's Place just to find out you were gone, so I got back on the train and came here... It's just been a bad day."

For a moment they stood in awkward silence before Dante held out the gift bag for Victoria to take.

"What is it?"

"Open it and find out,"

"This feels like a bribe," she said slowly taking the bag from him.

"Well it wasn't, I guess it could be considered as one now...open it,"

Victoria rolled her eyes as she pulled out a wad of tissue paper followed by a necklace box, she couldn't help but feel a bit disappointment the box wasn't smaller. She put down the bag and opened the box revealing a small pop-up rotating pedestal with nothing inside. Victoria looked up at Dante unable to hide her confusion.

"What's wrong you don't like it?"

"I don't know what it is." She said snapping the box shut.

"It's a ring box for your class ring, remember I told you I would get you a box for it since you don't wear it anymore."

"Oh...thank you...it's cute,"

"Thank you I thought you would like it," he beamed obviously proud with himself. A car pulled up into the driveway taking Victoria's attention away from her clueless boyfriend.

"Did you order pizza?" Dante asked as the delivery man got out of his car.

"Yes I did,"

"But you just went for a run."

"Don't tell me how to live my life." She said walking away from him to greet the pizza man. Dante paid for the pizza and took it from the man before Victoria could grab it.

"Give me my pizza back,"

"Nah, I think I'll come in for a slice." He said as he allowed himself inside.

"Whatever," she mumbled. "You're not getting any of my wine,"

"Water is fine," he tossed over his shoulder as he settled in the family room with the pizza and turned the television on.

Victoria washed her hands before pouring herself a large glass of red wine. She took a sip from her glass as Dante wrapped his arms around her waist.

"I know today didn't turn out as planned but we are finally together." he said as he kissed her cheek "So why not make the most out of it?"

Victoria let out a long sigh before turning around in his arms and looked at him.  She knew that he was right; and if she were to be honest with herself she really couldn't bring herself to stay mad at him any longer.

"You're right," she said as she wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed his lips, he pulled her tight against him deepening their kiss.

"God I missed you," Dante said against her lips.

"I missed you too,"

"Marry me," he said as he cupped her face in his hands. Victoria's eyes stretched as her pulse skyrocketed.

"What?" she asked breathlessly

"Marry me Victoria," He said as he dug into his back pocket and pulled out a two carat radiant cut French set diamond ring. Victoria gasped as she watched Dante get down on one knee it seemed as if the time had slowed down.

"You know I am not a rich man but I can promise you that you will never find another who loves you as much as I do.  I want you to be my wife, will you marry me?"  This was the moment she had been waiting for, but it felt like a dream.

"Hell yeah I'll marry you!" she said holding out her left hand for Dante to put the ring on.  Victoria squealed with excitement as she hugged Dante.

"That ring belongs in the box I gave you."

"Idiot!" she yelled while swatting at him aimlessly, unable to rip her gaze away from her new found best friend.

"I couldn't resist having some fun with you." He said while pulling her into him.  "You got your gift—your real gift, now where's mine?"

"I forgot to get you one." She said blinking innocently.

"Oh really? I think we can work something out," he said as he pulled at the rim of her hoodie.

"I'm all icky, I need a shower"

"So do I," he said with a devilish grin. "Hmmm let's see, the parents are on an island somewhere, Aaliyah is?"

"Spending the night at Lauryn's," Victoria said with a laugh.

"That means we're all alone," he whispered

"I guess so," she whispered back.

"Perfect!" Dante said as he scooped her up into his arms and headed towards the stairs.

"But the pizza!" Victoria exclaimed as Dante carried her up the stairs toward her bedroom.

****

"Uh-oh what happened?" Nick asked as he watched his wife walk over to him with a look of accomplishment on her face.

"What do you mean?" Gaby said as she sat beside him on the lounging chair looking out at the beautiful ocean scenery before them.

"You have that look, what did you do?"

"I didn't do anything...I guess I should tell you before we return home." Gaby said as she pulled out her cell phone from her pocket.

"What?"

Gaby showed him a picture of Victoria and Dante, Dante was smiling as Victoria kissed his cheek as she showed off her engagement ring. Gaby watched as Nick went through a mixture of emotions internally as he stared at the picture.

"Hmph," was his response as he ripped his gaze away from the picture.

"Is that all you have to say. Our baby girl is finally getting married. I can't wait until we get back home so we can start the planning, and go shopping for a dress. I'm about to cry just thinking about it." She said as she fought back the tears.

"We just got her back and now she's..."

"We're not losing her Nick, if anything we're gaining a son. Have you forgotten how much you like Dante?"

"I should have never given him my blessing," Nick muttered to himself as he shook his head.

"You knew he was going to propose and you didn't tell me."

"You can't keep a secret to save your life Gaby and of course I knew. Do you really think I would just let my baby-girl fall in love with him if I didn't know what his intentions towards her were?"

"Aww Nicholas that's so sweet of you," Gaby said as she kissed his cheek. Words could not express how happy Gaby was to see her daughter so genuinely, when she had spoken to her earlier Gaby knew that she was on cloud nine. Gaby smiled to herself as Nick wrapped his arms around her, now all she had to do was find a suitable wife for her oldest son Elijah.

Let the games begin.

 A/N:  Thank you to everyone who took the time out to read, vote, and comment on my story; it really means a lot to me. I am not quite done with the Gregorio's just yet. There will be one more story (for real this time) called 'The Baker's Man' starring none other than our wedding crashing Elijah. Stay Beautiful and Happy Reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

52.8K 3K 55
In the world of money, sex, and drugs, there is only one law: Angel Knox. And he'll do anything to save Kira, the woman who wants nothing to do with...
838 299 41
Love can not be predicted. They started as mortal enemies. She planned to ruin his life. But love has its way of doing things. ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Yvette h...
Golden & Gone By FlowerPower

Mystery / Thriller

32 0 16
Life was perfectly normal for Brie, the daughter of the police chief, in her small local town, until her boyfriend goes missing. As Brie reflects on...
47 0 5
Kiera King graduated with high honors and planned on becoming a successful computer programmer after graduating university. Fast forward to after gra...