BLOODLINES | THE SPANISH PRI...

By arios2004

In Nora of Lancaster is dead, but her legacy lives on through Marie of Burgundy, the Tudor's ward, and Prince... More

BLOODLINES
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
ACT TWO
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47

32

1.9K 55 20
By arios2004

BLOODLINES
— 32. Drunken Mistakes

It wasn't long before they arrived at King Louis' Palace. He stood there, awaiting his future wife's arrival. "He is not as old as I thought he would be," Kathy commented as she began to walk with Mary and Catherine toward where Henry was waiting for them, "I thought he'd be crab-legged and unable to walk without a cane."

"He still looks as though he's five hundred years of age," Mary replied in a calm tone, "I am glad to not be marrying him."

Kathy turned, shooting Mary a glare. "You should be glad. I just saved you from losing your maidenhood to a man like that," She commented and Mary smiled in amusement.

"I suppose you'll now have someone to compare Charlie to," She remarked and Kathy sighed, gradually beginning to smile at Mary's horrible joke.

"No one can compare to Charlie," Kathy replied  softly as she looked down at the ground in disappointment while Mary felt sympathetic.

"You have steel in your bones, Kathy. You are the strongest person I know. If anyone can do this, it's you," Catherine assured her and Kathy smiled in response.

"You needn't worry, Catherine. He is old. I need only tire him out and I will be able to go home," She confessed and Catherine turned to her in concern.

"Tire him out in what way?" She asked in concern and Kathy laughed as she continued to walk forward.

She walked toward Henry, who smiled as he grabbed her hand before leading her over to Henry. "I present to you, Princess Katherine of England. May your marriage yield a union that is peaceful and powerful between our two great nations."

At once, Kathy and Henry arrived along with the rest of the English court who had joined them in France.

King Louis smiled and stepped closer to them. "Princess, your portrait did you an injustice," He told her in his native tongue, which was French, "The shine of your hair is like the back of a raven. And your eyes...as blue as the ocean."

He walked forward and held his hand out to her. Kathy smiled before taking hold of his hand. With that, they walk forward together.

Henry turned, holding his hand outward. However, instead of gesturing toward Catherine, he instead grabbed his sister Mary's hand and led her in.

_____

Wearing her wedding dress, Kathy held her new husband's hand as she walked toward where Henry stood with Catherine.

"Congratulations on your marriage, dearest sister," Henry complimented his sister as they all bowed.

"Kathy, you look beautiful," Catherine complimented his sister and Kathy simply smiled at her before walking away.

"I don't think I've ever seen here so quiet," Henry commented and Catherine rolled her eyes at him, "What? It's true."

_____

In one of the many rooms at the castle, Marie was standing in the French Palace alone. She was smiling slightly, admiring the artwork around her when she heard someone approaching her. She turned, her eyes widening when she saw it was Henry. "Your Majesty," She spoke up, quick to curtsy to him. She glanced around, sighing when she saw the rest of the room was empty.

"Would you like some wine?" He asked her with a smile on his face as he held out a glass of wine to her while he held his own in his right hand.

She smiled and nodded, taking the glass from his grasp. She took a sip of it and stared up at him, waiting for him to say anything.

"How have you been?" He questioned her curiously, "I rarely see you anymore."

"I have two children now. A boy named Edward as you know. And a daughter named Nora," She informed him in a calm tone and Henry nodded in understanding, "What of you? How have you been?"

"I still have no children with my wife," He admitted in a disappointed tone, "Only the one I have with..." He trailed off, noticing the cold look she was giving him as a way to tell him not to say it.

"If you give it time, perhaps you will have one. You give no breaks between the children you have. It takes a toll on a woman's body, you know," She reminded him and Henry sighed in frustration.

"But I need a son. I will never be safe upon my throne until I have a son," He complained and Marie remained silent.

She gulped down the rest of the wine, clearly needing it if she were to have a conversation with Henry.

"Would you like another?" Henry suddenly asked the moment she finished her glass, causing her to give him a weird look. He turned and gestured for a servant to come over. They ended up pouring her another glass and Marie smiled, immediately thanking the servant.

She smiled and turned to Henry, giving him a curious look. "Why did you come over here to talk to me, Henry?" She asked him curiously, taking another large sip of her wine, "Clearly, you didn't come here to talk to me for no reason at all."

"I wanted to tell you..." He trailed off, watching as she continued to gulp down her wine, "That I've missed you."

Marie scoffed and stared up at Henry, an annoyed look on her face. "Do not start, Henry. I'm not in the mood for your games," She snapped at him in an annoyed tone, "I'm happy with my husband. Just because you're unhappy with Catherine, it doesn't mean you come running to me."

A servant walked over and once seeing Marie's glass was empty, he handed her another. He took her empty glass, bowing before walking away. She frowned and shook her head at Henry. "I shouldn't drink so much," She complained in a soft tone, "I tend to do foolish things when I do."

"We are in France. What does it matter? No one will remember what you do here," He encouraged her and Marie sighed, beginning to sip on her third glass of wine.

______

It was nighttime and in her husband's chambers, Kathy sat at the foot of the bed, gulping down what was left of her cup of wine.

"Oh, my sweet English girl, sitting there all alone," Louis commented and Kathy sighed as she placed her cup down, "My love."

She stared at him closely, watching as he removed his robe and walked closer to her. "Ma femme," He continued as he sat down beside her, "You are a little afraid maybe?"

"Not at all, Your Majesty," She replied in French as she shook her head. She remained still, watching as he lifted his hand and affectionately stroked her cheek.

"You are blessed with great beauty. Some would say you are the most beautiful woman in England, if not the world," He explained and Kathy forced herself to smile at him, "It is better to lie with an older man the first time."

He tucked the hair behind her ear and Kathy stared at him, trying not to laugh at how he was wrong about it being her first time. She had done it many times. With Charlie, of course. Ever since she was fourteen. She was twenty-five now, almost twenty-six. She had even been with child before. Not that he knew that. No one did. Not even Charlie. Only Marie. She would have been branded a whore long ago if anyone had known.

"I will try not to hurt you," He explained to her and Kathy nodded in understanding.

____

Hours had passed and the servants continued to supply Marie with wine. She couldn't remember how many she had drunk. She had lost count after her eighth glass. She knew it was well past her limit but Henry had encouraged her. She should have realized then what he was up to.

She had gotten so drunk that when Henry kissed her, she kissed back. She was so intoxicated that when Henry led her in the direction of his room, she had allowed it to happen.

When they made it to his chambers, Marie giggled and wrapped her arms around Henry's neck. She kissed him roughly and Henry lifted her on the ground. She secured her legs around his waist and Henry carried her in the direction of the bed.

First, he pushed her against the wall, ripping open her nightgown as he began to kiss her exposed chest. Marie leaned her head back, closing her eyes as she sighed in pleasure.

He pushed her down on the bed, hovering over her as he kissed all along her body. He lifted her gown and positioned himself between her legs.

"I love you, I love you," He whispered in her ear and Marie moaned loudly as he thrust into her.

_____

In her husband's chambers, Kathy stood in front of her husband, who was feeding her grapes. He continued to place them in her mouth as he smiled at her.

Once she was finished, he reached his hand out to her, only to have Kathy smirk and step back. He chuckled and began to follow after her as she teased him by moving all around the world. He laughed and chased her around the room.

Kathy laughed as well and climbed onto the bed. She turned to her husband and as he went to climb on as well, she threw a pillow at him.

He laughed and quickly caught the pillow. He tossed it back to her and Kathy grabbed hold of it. Continuing to hold the pillow, she ran to another part of the room. He followed after her and Kathy turned to him, smiling as she began to hit him on the backside with her pillow.

Louis continued to laugh loudly but needing a break, he sat down on the chair. He panted for breath and leaned back in his seat as Kathy watched him like a hawk.

Just then, his body stilled as his mouth remained open, causing her to frown. She leaned forward, a part of him looking hopeful that he had the chance of being dead.

Just then, he gasped slightly and his head fell forward as he began to snore, causing her to groan in annoyance. She sighed, placing her face in her hands.

______

The following morning, Marie woke with a groan, frowning when she found herself lying in an unknown bed. She rubbed her eyes, finding herself experiencing the worst headache she had ever had.

She opened her eyes and glanced down, only to have her eyes widen when she found herself naked. She frowned as well when she found an arm wrapped around her. She jumped in fright and turned, crying softly at the sight of Henry's naked body lying next to her.

"No, no, no," She spoke to herself, beginning to tear up as she frantically shook her head. She quickly climbed out of bed and she ended up falling as she did so. She hit the ground and because of the loud noise that occurred with it, Henry woke up.

He sat up and smiled down at Marie. "You are more of a clutz than I remember," He commented and Marie stared up at him in disbelief, "What's wrong?"

"What's wrong?!" She snapped at him loudly, beginning to cry, "You got me drunk on purpose, Henry! You did it to get me into bed!"

"You came into my bed willingly," Henry complained in an annoyed tone.

"I told you that I did stupid and foolish things when I got drunk and what did you do? You got me drunk! You knew what would happen and you did it on purpose!" She shouted at him, her lip quivering and tears spilled down her cheeks, "I don't even know who you are, Henry. How could you do something like this?"

"Marie—" He began to say, only to be cut off as Marie rushed to get dressed before she stormed out of the room. He sighed in frustration, just before lying back down on the ground.

______

Upon returning to English court, Marie rode into the courtyard alongside Bessie Blount, Mary, and Catherine, a shameful look on her face.

"I do believe Charlie Brandon is what God intended Adam to be," Bessie confessed and Marie turned, exchanging an eye roll with Mary, "He's perfect in every way. I have seen him without his shirt brandishing a sword."

"Hmm. I wonder what you'd think if you've seen him entirely naked," Mary commented, a smirk on her face as she referred to a time she walked in on Charlie with Kathy in bed when she was just a girl. Marie had caught them more than anyone. Mary smiled and turned to Marie, only to see that she seemed to not be paying attention to the conversation. Her mind seemed to be elsewhere.

"Be quiet, both of you," Catherine told Mary and Bessie, smiling slightly, "If you love a man's body, it is not to share with everyone you speak to."

"I wish Kathy were here," Mary admitted, a disappointed look on her face, "She'd surely want to take part in this conversation. I will miss her."

"It is Kathy we speak of," Marie finally spoke up, "I would be surprised if she hasn't returned in less than six months. I pity King Louis. If he angers her in any way, I won't be surprised if she killed him in his seat."

"That is regicide and treason," Bessie complained, giving Marie a scolding look.

"Like my sister hasn't committed that before," Mary commented with a smile on her face, "She commits treason on a daily basis and gets away with it. Not to mention, she killed the King of Scotland on the battlefield, which means she has committed Regicide."

As the horses came to a stop, Marie looked ahead to see her husband walking toward her. She sighed, looking filled with shame as he made his way over to her. He walked over to her horse and grabbed her by the waist, helping her off the horse.

"I've missed you dearly," He admitted, a smile forming on his lips, "While you were away, Nora said her first word."

Marie turned to him and smiled, trying her hardest not to cry.

"Is something wrong?" He asked her worriedly and unable to help herself, Marie burst into tears as she latched her arms around him.

Knowing something was wrong, Edward held Marie close as he escorted her into the castle. They soon made it to their chambers and Marie turned to face her husband, continuing to cry. "I don't even remember doing it, I swear. I swear to God, I don't. I told him I didn't want to drink anymore, but he encouraged me. And he always had that type of hold on me. I don't what it is. I don't even love him. I haven't for a long time. I love you. I don't even know how I could let it happen. I don't even remember it," Marie explained, sobbing as she did so.

"What are you talking about, Marie?" Edward asked in concern as he walked closer to Marie and cupped her face in his hands, "What did you do?"

"I bedded Henry in France," Marie admitted, crying out, "I don't remember doing it. I don't, I swear it. I was drunk. I avoided him any time I could. He cornered me. He supplied me with wine. Drink after drink, he purposely got me drunk. He knew what he was doing. I wish I had seen it then. He got me so drunk that I went to bed with him. I woke up next to him naked and he acted as though everything was the way it used to be between him and I, but it's not. I love you. You must know that." She continued to explain, tears rushing down her face, "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry."

Edward sighed as he stared down at Marie, who was sobbing loudly. She looked heartbroken. And in all honesty, if any other husband knew that their wife had a past with Henry like Marie had with him and then learned she had bedded him when her husband wasn't around, they probably would have hated her and never forgiven her. They would have probably charged her with adultery or sent her to a nunnery.

But Edward couldn't bring himself to be angry with her. She looked absolutely devastated. She hadn't even been aware of what she was doing when it happened. She had been utterly drunk. She wasn't in her right mind and the way she was reacting just proved that. She didn't even want for it to happen.

Edward nodded his head slightly and walked forward. He wrapped his arms around her and hugged her tightly as she wept into his chest.

_____

That afternoon, in the throne room, Marie stood alongside her husband in front of the king. Ursula Pole and Henry Stafford, Edward's son from his first marriage, stood there as well, prepared to be betrothed to each other.

Catherine smiled as she walked up to Henry. She sat on the throne beside him and Henry grabbed her hand. He pressed a lingering kiss to it and Wolsey watched on.

After a moment, Henry stood up and walked to stand in front of Ursula and young Henry Stafford. "I betroth you to one another," He announced in a calm tone.

"We are strong, Archbishop," Marie heard Catherine tell Wolsey, causing her to turn his head, "And none shall come between us."

As he was linking Ursula and Henry's hands together, King Henry turned and glanced at Marie. She didn't look his way. Instead, she inched closer to her husband and linked arms with him.

Edward sighed and glanced down at her, realizing she had done what she did on purpose.

She wanted nothing more than to get away from Henry. But he refused to let her go.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.5K 923 26
England is broke and on the verge of war yet again. With growing fear inside the walls of the Westminster Palace leads King Henry VII to make a deci...
145K 2.9K 41
***MATURE AUDIENCES ONLY*** Following the divorce of his first wife, Catherine of Aragon, Henry VIII of England continues on his search for a new Que...
5.6K 112 15
Elisabetta "Eliza" de' Medici is only 13 years old when she becomes one of the most important people in Europe. The death of her mother leaves her th...
9.2K 101 26
what if the then duke of York fell in love with the rightful heir of Dutchbergland ? what if he loved her more than he love himself ? what if he wa...