H-44 in Haifuri

By Messerschmitt373

The plot of Haifuri if Akeno had a mother who was a shipgirl from Azur lane. More

OC Bio
Into another world
The tour
Departure
Battle
Discovery and loss
Vote result
Starting School and an interview

The meeting and mission (part 1)

1.2K 26 36
By Messerschmitt373

Three months into the 6 month patrol duty, the H44 was at cruising speed as it travelled up one of the shipping lanes after escorting one of the monthly supply convoys to the Japanese islands when it received a distress signal from a nearby cruise ship.

Glancing up from her radio set the radio operator called out to Emilia and said, "Ma'am a nearby cruise ship has just launched a distress signal, we are the nearest vessel to them, what shall we do?"

In response, Emilia said, "We'll respond to their distress signal, we are part of the Blue Mermaids, it is our duty to help those in need, what is our estimated time of arrival at the incident?"

"We're 30 minutes away, if we turn now, Ma'am" the navigator called out.

"Alright, tell the cruise ship that we're on our way, and set a course to the accident," Emilia said.

"Yes Ma'am!" The navigation officer and the radio operator called.

Radioing the sinking cruise liner, the radio operator said into her radio, "Unknown liner, this is the KMS H44, we are heading to your position, what is your status? Over."

"KMS H44, this is the SS Kyushu, we're taking in water and we have about 40 minutes before we capsize. We have launched half of the lifeboats but the ones on the port side are underwater, any assistance that you can give us would be greatly appreciated. Over." The Kyushu said in response.

"SS Kyushu, this is KMS H44, we are 25 minutes away from your position, please update us if anything occurs on our way to you. Over." The radio operator said.

"KMS H44, understood, we'll keep you posted if any changes occur, thank you for coming to help us. Out." The Kyushu responded.

"Ma'am, the cruise ship SS Kyushu is taking on water and they can only launch half of the lifeboats as it is listing heavily to port, they have about 35 minutes until they capsize." The radio operator said to Emilia.

"Very well, keep me posted if any changes occur," Emilia said as she looked out of one of the bridge's windows.

"Yes Ma'am," the radio operator said as she put her headphones back on to listen to any incoming messages from the stricken liner.

25 minutes later:

Arriving at the sinking cruise liner, the H44 slowed to a halt so they could pick up the survivors in the lifeboats. Watching how the rescue was going Emilia spotted a small brunette being thrown clear of the sinking liner which gave of a groaning noise before it split into two pieces and dragging debris with it. Seeing that the young girl would be in danger, Emilia rushed down ladders to the deck passing her surprised second in command. Upon reaching the deck and handing her jacket to a nearby crew member and made to jump into water all the while her crew tried to stop her. Ignoring them Emilia jumped into the water and began to swim towards the unconscious girl who was gradually being dragged towards the sinking ship. When Emilia reached the brunette, the girl was nearly completely underwater, pulling the girl onto her back and securing the brunette's arms around her neck, Emilia began her journey back to her ship. Climbing up the ladder onto the deck Emilia said, "Can someone get me two towels and blankets?"

"Yes Ma'am," a nearby member said as they saluted and then rushed off to get their captain and the young child a blanket to warm themselves. As the member came back with two large towels Emilia grabbed them from her and wrapped the young girl in one of them before draping the other over her shoulders. Speaking to her second in command, Emilia said, "Lieutenant continue with the evacuation and head to the nearest port to drop off the people, also ask around if this girl is related to anyone," Emilia said gesturing to the girl in her arms.

"Yes Ma'am," she said.

"I'll be in my cabin if you need me," Emilia said as she turned around to head inside the ship towards her room.

"Yes Ma'am," the nearby crew said.

Arriving at her room, Emilia opened the door and placed the young girl onto her bed as she dried her off with the towel the girl was still cocooned in. Walking to her wardrobe Emilia brought out two sets of clothes, a new uniform for herself and a shirt and a set of underwear as anything extra would be a tripping hazard if the young girl tried to walk. Stripping the young girl of her soaked clothes Emilia looked in shock at the young girl sleeping in front of her. "I'll ask her about it when she wakes up and recovers from the experience she's been through," Emilia thought to herself as she put her change of clothes on the sleeping girl. Grabbing her spare uniform Emilia walked to her en-suite bathroom shedding her wet clothes as she went. After she had a relaxing shower and drying herself off Emilia changed into her uniform and walked out of her bathroom into her room drying her hair with a towel as she went. Walking to her bed she saw that the girl was giving signs that she would be waking up so Emilia dragged over a nearby chair and sat at the girl's bedside as she waited for her to wake up. As her eyes opened the girl blinked several times for her eyes to refocus before she saw Emilia sitting beside her watching as she woke up.

"Careful my dear, you've had a traumatic experience, try not to move too much," Emilia said kindly.

"Who are you and what do you mean?" The girl said as she looked at Emilia in confusion and slight panic before she started crying as her memories came back to her.

"Mummy, Daddy!" She cried as she remembered how they had saved her in exchange for their lives.

Bringing her into a hug Emilia said, "There, there my dear, it'll be alright. I don't want to ask this but I need to know whether you have any other family member to look after you."

Crying into her chest the young shook her head showing that she had no other family members.

Emilia then said, "I see, would you want to live with me instead? I could adopt you as my daughter if you want me to?" Emilia said.

Crying softly the young girl nodded her head and hugged Emilia tightly. Once the girl stopped crying Emilia asked, "Since you're my new daughter can you tell me your name?"

"I'm Akeno Misaki," the now-named Akeno said.

"Very well, my name is Emilia Schneider, Admiral of the Blue Mermaids, your name shall be Akeno Misaki Schneider and my daughter," Emilia said.

"Okay Mummy," Akeno said as she hugged her new mother's chest again.

"Rest now my dear, I'll introduce you to my crew tomorrow if you want."

"Can I watch you work tomorrow?" Akeno said sleepily.

"Of course you can, my dear, but you might find it a bit boring as there are quite often large periods of inactivity," Emilia said.

"I don't care, I want to spend time with you, Mummy," Akeno said as she held Emilia's hand,

"Very well my dear, I'll take you to the bridge when your ready," Emilia said as she stroked the back of Akeno's hand comfortingly.

"Mummy," Akeno said after a while.

"Yes, my dear?"

"Can you sleep with me tonight?" Akeno asked nervously.

"Of course you can my dear," Emilia said as she climbed into the bed and held Akeno to herself.

"Thank you, Mummy, I love you," Akeno said as she hugged her new mother's chest and closed her eyes to sleep.

"I love you too my dear," Emilia said as she hugged Akeno closer to her chest.

Lying down on the bed, still awake, Emilia thought to herself, "Who knew that life would take me here with my own daughter and being an Admiral of a fleet. If someone had told me this would happen I would have thought they had gone mad. I still have to ask her about that, hopefully she'll tell me when she's ready." Emilia thought back to when she was dressing her new daughter in a change of clothes. Hugging her now sleeping daughter to herself, Emilia began to drift off to sleep mentally and physically exhausted from the events of the day.

Waking up the next morning Emilia was greeted with the face of her new daughter who was staring up at her expectantly. Upon seeing her new mother awaken Akeno said, "Mummy you're awake, come on you need to get up now, you said you'll take me to see the bridge today,"

"Okay, okay I'm coming, have you washed yet, dear?" Emilia said as she sat up and draped her legs over the bed.

In response, Akeno blushed brightly and looked away. "I see, were you waiting for me so I could wash you?" Emilia asked softly.

"Umm maybe..." Akeno said nervously.

Walking past Akeno to her bathroom Emilia asked, "What are you waiting for, I thought you wanted to get up?" Emilia said giggling softly at the sight of her daughter's confused expression.

"Coming mummy," Akeno said as she climbed off the bed and ran to join her mother in the bathroom.

When they were in the bathroom, Emilia stripped herself of her sleepwear and prepared to run a shower for the two of them, noticing that Akeno was still fully dressed, Emilia asked, "What's wrong dear?"

Blushing from being noticed Akeno said, "It's nothing, I'm coming," Akeno said as she undressed herself, and turned away so her adopted mother couldn't see the source of her embarrassment.

Seeing her turn away, Emilia sighed softly, already knowing the reason for her child's nervousness. Speaking softly Emilia said, "Dear I know why you're embarrassed,"

Turning to look at her in shock Akeno said, "What?" Before tears gathered in her eyes and turned away again as she expected that her new mother wouldn't accept her. Seeing Akeno crying, Emilia walked up to her and hugged her from behind, resting her breasts on Akeno's head. The sudden contact confused Akeno as she thought her new mother would be disgusted at her, however her worries vanished when Emilia said, "Don't cry my dear, I'll always accept you and everything about you, no matter what happens," Emilia said as she gently hugged Akeno's head further into her chest and stroked her hair comfortingly. Turning around, still sobbing softly from relief rather than sadness, Akeno buried her face into Emilia's chest. "Really?" Akeno asked in between sobs with her face still in Emilia's chest.

"Of course my dear, never forget the fact that you are my daughter, and that I'll accept you no matter what happens," Emilia said softly still rubbing her adopted daughter's back.

"Thank you mummy, I love you," Akeno said as her tears stopped.

"I love you too my dear, now and forever," Emilia said. "Shall we have a wash then? We still have to go to the bridge this morning," Emilia said as she lifted Akeno into her arms and carried her towards the shower, this left Akeno's source of embarrassment on full display, now however she just blushed slightly no longer feeling the worry that had been eating at her for so long.

As they showered, Emilia knelt down so that she could wash Akeno more easily, gently scrubbing every part of her with the shampoo and body lotion in her hands. As Emilia did this Akeno asked, "Mummy, why did you never ask me about it?"

"What the fact that you are a futanari?" Emilia said bluntly.

"Umm yeah," Akeno said blushing from her mother's bluntness.

"It's because, I knew that you'd tell me when you were comfortable in doing so. From now on if you have something on your mind, please tell me otherwise Mummy won't be able to help you." Emilia said as she embraced Akeno gently.

"Okay Mummy," Akeno said as she returned the embrace.

After finishing their shower, they both stepped out of the shower where Emilia grabbed two large towels, wrapping one around her body and using the other to dry off Akeno so that she wouldn't get cold. Still wrapped in the large towel, Emilia carried Akeno out of the bathroom and into her bedroom. Placing Akeno on the bed Emilia went to her wardrobe and picked out a clean set of uniform for herself and grabbed the clothes that she had taken off Akeno and had washed. Putting Akeno's clothes on the bed next to her, Emilia said, "Now my dear we should get dressed and head to breakfast we've got a long day ahead of us,"

"Yes mummy," Akeno said as they both dropped the towels that were covering them and put on their clean clothes for the day. Once they were both fully dressed Emilia asked, "Are you ready then my dear?"

Looking up at her mother who was smiling softly down at her, Akeno said, "Yes Mummy can we go now I'm hungry."

Giggling quietly to herself, Emilia said, "Of course we can, just remember to stay close to me so you don't get lost. This is a large ship it can be very easy to get lost if you don't know where you're going. If you do get separated from me just ask a crew member to take you to the bridge. Okay my darling?"

Clutching her mother's outstretched hand, Akeno said, "Yes mummy,"

Hearing her daughter's verbal confirmation, Emilia smiled and said, "Very well then, let's go," Emilia said as she unlocked her door and walked out into the corridor with Akeno following behind her, before turning back and pulling the door closed and locking it behind them. As they walked to the officers mess, Emilia's second in command came up to them and said, "Good morning Ma'am," she said as she saluted.

"Good morning Lieutenant, is there anything that you need to tell me?" Emilia said as Akeno hid behind her legs.

"Yes Ma'am, we have set a course to the nearest civilian port and we should be arriving in a few hours, and if you don't mind me asking but who is that hiding behind your legs?" The lieutenant asked as she spotted Akeno hiding behind her superior's legs.

"Oh this is my new daughter Akeno, she's the one I rescued last night. Come and introduce yourself, my dear," Emilia as she brought Akeno out from behind her legs.

"Umm hello, I'm Akeno Misaki Schneider, nice to meet you, are you one of mummy's friends?" Akeno asked quietly as she tried to hide herself back behind Emilia's legs.

"It's nice to meet you too, young Akeno and yes I am one of your mother's friends. I am also your mother's second in command while she is on this ship," the lieutenant said proudly.

"Lieutenant, have the civilians we rescued been fed yet and would you like to join us for breakfast?" Emilia asked kindly as she still held onto Akeno's hand.

"Yes they have and I'm sorry Ma'am but I can't, I still have duties to attend to, but I can take over for you on the bridge until you get there," the Lieutenant said.

"Very well, you have command, inform me if you need me, we'll see you on the bridge later," Emilia said to the lieutenant who replied,

"Yes Ma'am," The Lieutenant said as she gave a salute before marching off to then go and do her duties on the bridge.

"Come now dear, you must be hungry after waiting so long," Emilia said as she turned to Akeno and gave her a supporting smile. "Dear, I'm very proud of you, of the way you held yourself when talking to her and how you didn't need my encouragement to speak for yourself," Emilia said as she knelt down and gave Akeno a hug and a quick kiss on the forehead.

"Thank you Mummy," Akeno said as she hugged back and blushed from the attention.

Breaking away from the hug Emilia stood up and said, "Shall we go then?"

Nodding, Akeno said, "Yes mummy,"

A few minutes later they arrived at the Officer's mess where they were greeted by a practically empty room, those that were in the room immediately snapped to attention when they spotted Emilia walk into the room. The highest rank in room stood up and said, "Room shun," and gave a salute to Emilia

When Emilia saluted back, she said, "Carry on everyone,"

When she said this everyone in the room continued with what they were doing.

While this was happening Akeno watched in awe at the power her mother had over her crew, where she thought, 'I want to be just like you Mummy and I'm going to be Admiral when I'm older so that you will be proud of me.'

"Come along dear what would you like for breakfast?" Emilia asked as she guided Akeno to the counter where the chef was waiting to take their order.

"Can I have some cereal and orange juice please?" Akeno asked the chef as she looked up cutely at them.

"Of course young one, coming right up, and your normal, Admiral?" The chef asked Emilia.

"Yes thank you," Emilia said.

"Okay Ma'am, I shall be with you shortly please take a seat," The chef said as he prepared their meals.

"Thank you very much," Emilia said before turning to Akeno and saying, "Go and find a table for us, I'll be with you in a minute I need to get the cutlery for us,"

"Okay mummy," Akeno said as she went to find a table for themselves.

Sitting herself down, Akeno watched as her mother was getting the cutlery before she was interrupted by an arrogant voice who said, "Oi brat what are you doing in our spot?" A crew member said menacingly as he glared at Akeno from the other side of the table with several others joining him.

"Umm mummy said to find a table for us," Akeno said almost in tears.

"I don't care what your mummy said, you'll get out of our spot or we'll hurt you," the man said reaching forward to grab Akeno before being interrupted by a voice saying, "What is going on here?"

Reacting to the voice the men turned around to confront who ever was interrupting them before paling when they saw Emilia glaring at them.

"Well, what is happening here?" She said still glaring at them for upsetting and trying to harm her daughter.

"A-admiral," they all stuttered and gave her a salute.

"W-well A-admiral this brat is in the officer's mess and she should be with the other civilians we picked up." The man stuttered as he tried to explain himself in front of his commanding officer and Admiral. However they all turned white from Emilia's response.

"Well this brat as you call her, just so happens to be my daughter and I told her to find us a table for breakfast," Emilia said as she put the cutlery she had brought over onto the table and brought Akeno into a hug as Akeno cried and clenched Emilia's shirt in her hands. "There there my dear, I'm here now everything will be okay," Emilia said as she stroked the back of Akeno's head.

"S-she's your d-daughter?" The man said nervously.

"Yes, she is," Emilia said still comforting a crying Akeno. "Now apologise to her, if this ever happens again I'll have you court martialled and you will never find yourself in a navy of any kind, this is your only warning, once more and you're out, do you understand?" Emilia said with a violent look in her eyes.

They all turned a ghastly white and stuttered out, "Yes Ma'am," before they bowed before Akeno and said, "We're very sorry miss, please forgive us," they said with fear in their eyes.

As her crying ceased Akeno said quietly, "Ok,"

Hearing her reply the crew members breathed a quiet sigh of relief and said, "Thank you young miss for your kindness,"

"Now then, as that is all sorted out you have two options, one you could find somewhere else to sit or you could sit her with us as log as you all behave that is, so what's it going to be?" Emilia said giving them a cold look.

"W-we'll sit here with you Ma'am if it's alright with you,"all the men said apart from the leader of their group (the one that started the mess in the first place), who just thought to himself, 'I'm going to ruin your life in the future little girl especially that mother of yours, don't worry girl, I'll make that mother of yours my whore in the future then I'll force her to get rid of you, and then I'll have supreme power over japan's naval forces where we'll take over the rest of the world, once that happens I'll be crowned emperor and my whore will become my obedient trophy wife." He thought venomously to himself, to such an extent that even the Devil would be slightly unnerved by the guy's thoughts.

"You can sit here as long as you behave," Emilia said sternly.

"Yes Ma'am," they all said nervously as they sat down except their leader who's name was Kaito not that anyone cared however, who just sat as far away as he could from the others.

Not wanting to sit near the people who hurt her, Akeno said, "Mummy can I sit there?" Akeno said as she pointed at the chair next to Emilia, the furthest point away from the others.

"Of course my dear, come and sit here," Emilia said as she gestured to the space beside her.

Moving to the seat, Akeno sat and held onto Emilia's arm for comfort.

"There there, my dear it's ok," Emilia said softly as she kissed the top of her head comfortingly. "Now eat up my dear, we have a long day ahead of us,"

"Okay," Akeno said as she began eating while still clutching Emilia's arm.

The whole way through breakfast Kaito sat glaring at the young girl and her mother however he didn't say anything in case Emilia would overhear what he'd say. Ignoring Kaito glaring at them Emilia and Akeno managed to have breakfast in peace.

Clearing up after themselves Emilia turned to Akeno and said, "How was it my dear?"

"It was good, Mummy," Akeno said as she looked up at Emilia cutely.

"Good, shall we go to the bridge then?" Emilia said pleased that Akeno enjoyed the food.

"Yes, come on Mummy, we can't be late," Akeno said enthusiastically as she tried to drag Emilia with her.

"Calm down, dear besides your going the wrong way," Emilia said in amusement as Akeno blushed brightly at her mistake as she released her grip on Emilia's hand.

Turning around Akeno walked slowly back to her mother who stood there waiting for her with an amused smile on her face. Taking Akeno's hand in her's Emilia said, "Let's go my dear, except I'll be the one to lead you there," Emilia said as she started walking towards the bridge with Akeno walking quickly next to her to keep up. As they navigated the maze of corridors Emilia turned to Akeno and said, "Dear when we get to the bridge please stay in my chair so you don't get hurt,"

"Ok mummy," Akeno said disappointedly.

"Darling, don't be like that, you'll be with me the entire time and you'll be able to see everything that happens," Emilia said as she squeezed Akeno's hand comfortingly.

"Oh Ok mummy!" Akeno said enthusiastically.

"We're nearly there, just remember to let me go in first so I can make sure that everyone on the bridge knows that you'll be there. Okay?" Emilia said as she knelt in-front of Akeno who looked at her and said, "Okay mummy,"

Giving Akeno a quick hug Emilia said, "Good my dear, I'm glad that you understand. Well should we go in then?"

Nodding her head Akeno followed Emilia towards the door that led into the bridge. When Emilia opened the door a crew member noticed her entering the room and said, "Captain on bridge." Immediately everyone on the bridge snapped to attention and saluted Emilia as she walked into the bridge with Akeno hiding behind her legs.

"Captain, we are approaching the harbour to drop off the survivors we picked up, we'll be there in an hour," the officer of the watch said.

"Very well please inform the harbour of our arrival," Emilia said back to the officer of the watch.

"Yes Ma'am," she said.

"However before that, can I have all of your attentions for a minute please?" Emilia said. When she noticed that she had all of their attentions she said, "For the rest of this journey we'll be having a passenger on board with us until we return to our home port, this is my daughter Akeno, please treat her with respect," Emilia said as she gestured to Akeno who was peeking out from behind Emilia's legs. All of the crew were shocked at the fact that their admiral had a daughter especially since it's well known that she is not seeing anyone. However they quickly accepted it so as not to upset their commanding officer.

"As you were," Emilia said once she got an acknowledgement of her request.

The crew then went back to what they were doing while making sure not to look at the young girl who was still hiding herself behind her mother's legs.

Gently guiding Akeno with her, Emilia brought Akeno to the captain's chair and then sat down, before lifting up Akeno to perch her on her lap.

"How's the view, my dear?" Emilia asked as she hugged Akeno to herself.

"It's great, I can see so much of the ship." Akeno said as she looked around.

"Excellent, you'll be seeing that view for a while as we'll be here for a few hours to unload our extra passengers and to take on supplies for the rest of our patrol route." Emilia said.

"As long as I'm with you Mummy," Akeno said quietly to herself even though

She was heard by Emilia who tightened her hug ever so slightly and said, "Of course my dear I'll be right here with you,"Emilia said comfortingly.

"Thank you, Mummy," Akeno said as she leaned further into the hug resting her head on her mother's chest.

"Your welcome, my dear." Emilia said in reply. Turning to a messenger Emilia said "Radio the harbour and tell them that we're approaching the entrance and ask them what dock we should stop at."

"Yes Ma'am," the messenger said as they saluted and left to carry out her order.

Once they got a response from the harbour the messenger came back and said, "Ma'am they said we're clear to dock at number 18 where the supplies will be waiting for us, and people to take the passengers back to their homes."

"Excellent, tell the rest of the crew that we'll be docking in a few minutes and to prepare for the loading of supplies and the unloading of the survivors we picked up." Emilia said as she gazed over the harbour with Akeno as they approached their docking space.

As the mother daughter duo watched the approaching dock the second in command spoke into the tannoy and said, "All crew prepare for docking and be ready to help our passengers onto the dock and the intake of supplies, the captain wants us to be ready to leave as soon as possible, so there can't be anyone not helping or they will be punished."

When she turned off the tannoy she said, "Ma'am, all the crew have be notified and should be ready to help unload the passengers and load the supplies,"

"Good, notify me if anything occurs that needs my attention." Emilia said as she turned to look at her second in command.

"Yes Ma'am,"

"Navigator," Emilia called out.

"Yes Ma'am?" The navigator asked.

"Plot a course back to the convoy it can't go unprotected for too long."

"Yes Ma'am," the navigator said as they went to do their task.

Half way into the loading of supplies, Emilia spotted a fight happening on the deck below the bridge. Spotting who was involved Emilia was not surprised to see that the one that started it was Kaito, the same person who was unpleasant to her daughter. Quickly walking down to the deck Emilia walked up to them and said, "What is going on here?!" Emilia demanded.

"Ah admiral?" The people involved said as they saluted as she approached.

"Well?" Emilia repeated.

"It's nothing Ma'am," They all stuttered nervously.

"Really? Then if it's nothing then I'll assume that it will never happen again?"

"Yes Ma'am," they all said nervously.

"However I would like to see the main people involved so that they can tell me what happened before I make any decision. Is that understood?" Emilia said sternly.

"Yes Ma'am,"

"You will be told when I want to see you later, I can't do do it now as I have to oversee the resupplying of the ship, now go back to what you were supposed to be doing, got it?"

"Yes Ma'am," they all said while Kaito did it through gritted teeth. She

"Good, now go, I expect to see you all doing your jobs properly." Emilia said sternly as she turned to go back to the bridge.

"Yes Ma'am," they all said as they left to get as far away from Emilia as possible.

Arriving back at the bridge Emilia was greeted by Akeno who hugged her waist and said, "Mama, that was so cool how you commanded everyone and how they didn't argue with you."

"Of course my dear when your onboard a ship the captain's rule is law, they can't argue unless they want to get in a lot of trouble," Emilia said calmly while internally she was shrieking at the fact that she could amaze her daughter at such a trivial thing.

"Cool," Akeno said with stars in her eyes.

"Ma'am we are almost ready to depart." The second in command said interrupting their moment.

"Good, let everyone know that we'll be departing soon," Emilia said while slightly glaring at her second in command for interrupting her moment with her daughter.

"Yes Ma'am," the second in command said while shivering slightly.

After they did a role call and seeing that everyone was on board the H44 began to pull out of the harbour with the people they rescued cheering after them as they went.

As they pulled out of the harbour, Emilia said, "Set a course for the convoy, we have to catch up they've been undefended for far too long."

"Yes Ma'am," the crew on the bridge said.

"No if you'll excuse me I have to have a chat with a certain trouble maker, Can I leave Akeno in your care?" Emilia said turning to her second in command.

"Of course you can Ma'am, I'll look after her to the best of my ability," the second in command said with a motherly smile on her face.

"Thank you, now Akeno please be good and stay with this nice lady as I have to go sort out that dispute that we saw earlier," Emilia said while turning to Akeno and kneeling down to her height.

"Okay Mama, I promise I'll be good for her," Akeno said while looking up at Emilia with a determined look on her face.

"Good, I'll be back shortly," Emilia said as she turned to leave the bridge to go to her office.

"Bye Mama," Akeno called after her.

"Bye Darling, stay safe." Emilia called back as she left the building.

When Emilia had left the second in command began smothering Akeno into her chest and said, "Now that your mother has gone, please call me big sister, Akeno dear,"

"Okay big sister," Akeno said in a muffled voice.

Meanwhile after arriving in her office Emilia sat down in her desk and sighed from having to deal with an argument so early in the day despite it being three in the afternoon. Setting up all the correct paperwork she would need Emilia was interrupted by the knocking on the door. Calling, "Come in," a guard walked through the door saluted and said, "Ma'am I have with me Chief Petty Officer Friedrich and Warrant Officer Kaito ready outside for questioning,"

"Good send them in please," Emilia said.

"Yes Ma'am, the guard said as he saluted to her and stepped out of the room. "Alright you two the Captain is waiting for you," The guard said gruffly.

Coming into the room, Friedrich walked in nervously while Kaito came in with an arrogant expression. Both of them came to a stop and then saluted their commanding officer.

"Alright then, before we start do you know why you have been brought to my office today?" Emilia asked without any emotion on her face.

"For the fight earlier this morning," Friedrich said somewhat nervously.

"That's correct, now before I start accusing anyone I would like to know both sides of the story, so who is going to tell me first?" Emilia asked.

"He didn't agree to what we were doing and was going to report us. Ma'am." Kaito said with a tone of arrogance in his voice.

"I see and what was it that Chief Petty Officer Friedrich didn't agree with you about, Warrant Officer Kaito?" Emilia asked looking at Kaito sternly.

"It was nothing important," Kaito said dismissively.

"Very well now, Chief Petty Officer Friedrich, I would like to hear your side of the story," Emilia said turning to look at Friedrich.

"Well Ma'am he was trying to get me to join a male supremacy group on the ship that were angry that women were getting all the high ranks on this ship and they were planning a revolt against you to make you their slave," Friedrich said nervously.

"I see thank you for letting me know Chief Petty Officer, and you Warrant Officer Kaito don't expect anything less than a court martial when we return to port." Emilia said with bloodlust in her voice.

"Now then you're both dismissed..." Emilia was about to say until she was interrupted by the tannoy that blared out, "General Quarters, General Quarters, All hands man your battle stations!"

Rushing out of her office Emilia ran towards the bridge with Friedrich close behind her, whereas Kaito ran in the opposite direction his destination unknown to all but himself.

Rushing into the bridge Emilia immediately said, "What's the situation?"

"Enemy vessels have been detected just outside of our main battery range, they seem to be three light cruisers and they're heading towards us, now they're 20 miles and closing." The radar operator said as they watched the screen to view the vessels progress.

"I see, all guns open fire when they're in range." Emilia said as she held Akeno to herself for her comfort.

The moment she said that however shells splashed down into the water around them splashing the port side of the ship in water.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44.2K 1K 32
So After Bismarck got sank by the Royal Navy because she killed Hood, She regrets it so badly a mysterious figure approaches her and offers her a dea...
116K 2.4K 40
The first shipgirl created, she was based off of the design for a proposed German Battleship, and took the role of mother to the first generation of...
48.3K 738 18
"I felt my heart beat a little faster than before. Is it because of my work? No, it wasn't. It's something new." Erljohn Lebosada is a gifted child o...
9.7K 365 17
What if During the Battle of Santa Cruz, Hornet's ship was towed by the Sakura Empire shipgirls back to Mainland Japan so they could improve the AA g...