𝐒𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐍𝐓𝐘 ━ 𝚠𝚖...

By MissNoir11

❝ 𝘓𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘢 𝘲𝘶𝘪𝘦𝘵 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘵𝘶𝘦, 𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘳𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘳𝘴 𝘢𝘴 𝘪𝘧 𝘩𝘦 𝘩𝘪𝘮𝘴𝘦... More

𝐒𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐍𝐓𝐘
Chapter 0.
Chapter 1.
Chapter 1.5.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 5.5.
Intermission - Till Death Do Us Apart
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Note
Chapter 10.
Intermission - The Love Of A Sister
Chapter 11.
Intermission - Circumstantial Love
Chapter 12.
Christmas Special
Intermission - He Who Sees Beyond The Veil
Valentine's Day Special
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
The Butterfly Effect
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Intermission - Quintessential Paths
Chapter 18.
Chapter 18.5
Chapter 19.
Intermission - Obsessively In Love
Chapter 20.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 24.
Chapter 25.
Chapter 26.
Chapter 27.

Chapter 6.

20.4K 1.1K 81
By MissNoir11

their blood coated his hands

in a beautiful red hue

༻𖥸༺

TEN YEAR OLD ATHANASIUS stood besides his father's chair, watching with passive eyes the nobles as they bickered amongst themselves regarding this or that. He held no interest in who got the ownership of the newly vacant casino, he just wanted to retire to a tea room and spend some quality time with his dad.

It would seem that his wishes were not to be heeded.

Sneaking a glance at his father, he noted the absolute boredom lining his handsome features and held back a sight. Such stupidity. He was two steps away from suggesting they scrap the casino and turn it into a public courthouse一 god knows it had the capacity and potential.

But alas, suggestions of this kind, coming from a prepubescent boy, be he the Crown Prince, would bristle the nobles' egos and pride. He resigned himself, knowing full well that this matter will later on be discussed with his father, in the privacy of his study.

Jeweled eyes watched with little interest as Duke Alpheus attempted to quell this squabble, with little results one might say, but tried nonetheless. (Athan ignored his thoughts of oportunist men and attuned his senses on his father.)

Claude, with the bored mask he had in place, he hid his irritation with near perfect precision (near - because only Athan noticed it) and raised a hand. In an instant, all noise ceased and everyone took their respective positions in the audience room.

"Such matters shall be discussed at a later date, for now, this meeting is adjourned." No-one dared refute the Emperor as he raised from his golden and red chair, moving towards the already opened door. "Athan, come."

"Yes father." With a polite incline of his head in the nobles' direction, he easily fell into step behind his sire, Felix and Kassian dutifully trailing behind the father-son duo.

The Prince knew that the banter of the noble class did not bother his father, seeing as he always had the ability to become deaf to their arguments, therefore this amused the young heir. For he knew that the true reason behind his dad's irritation stemmed from the ginormous pile of letters sitting on his desk, a pile that the boy entitled as 'the no way in hell'.

Why such a name? Because those were nothing other than marriage and betrothal requests sent to the Palace for the Emperor's son. Something that Claude instantly expressed his distain towards. He was quite vocal about it too. Nevertheless, there was no way in hell his father was going to even read one line from them. Burn them? Most probably.

As Claude slowed down his steps, Athan knew this was a sign for him, so he took hold of the emperor's hand with his much smaller one and happily allowed himself to be led away.

Really, his dad could be so simple to read sometimes.

A great deal of walking later, Athanasius found himself sitting on his father's desk (his father put him there, so he couldn't really complain), reading through the papers detailing the structural finery of the casino.

It would seem his idea could be put into practice.

"So?" Claude offered a small smile to his son, fondly watching him scrunch up his nose in thought as he leaned his head on his hand.

Putting down the papers, he hummed thoughtfully as to give the illusion that he just came up with this solution. "A public courthouse, for the common people, lower nobles and businesses owners."

Tilting his head, golden blonde hair falling to the side and lightly shielding his face, Claude's eyes twinkled with curiosity. "Explain."

And so he did. "The most important... issues," Claude gave a wry smirk at that, "are brought up to the audience room to you, father, so why could there not be a system that doesn't overlook the common people's problems?"

"And how shall such a system be concocted?"

"Should I write it down, father?" It was Athan's turn to smirk at his father, showing his confidence in this solution. (It wasn't technically an original idea, but the incorporation of his past life's legal systems.)

An approving glint flashed through Claude's eyes as he gave a small huff of acceptance. "We shall see the benefits and detriments tomorrow, until then, good job."

The proud smile and the hair ruffle that he received from his father was the best reward that he could get, because the emperor was known to the public to be cold and distant, and only his son was privy access to his affections. (He felt quite content with being put in such a special category.)

"Kassian, escort the Crown Prince to the Sapphire Palace." Said green haired man instantly bowed at the waist in acknowledgement to his given order.

Pressing a gentle kiss to the crown of his son's head, Claude helped the boy down from his desk. "Good night Athan."

Happily walking towards the door where the imperial knight awaited for his charge, the prince gave his father 一 who resigned himself to another long night of going through paperwork 一 a bright smile that rivaled the sun. "Good night dad!"

────────────────────────

UNDER THE LIGHT OF THE CANDLE Athan worked late into the night on his grand plan, writing down regulations, rules and courtroom schematics. That's how Madam Iris 一his caretaker一 found him as she carried in a tray with milk tea and honey.

"My Prince, the moon has long since reached its peak in the sky. I believe it is wise to rest for tomorrow."

Jeweled eyes stared at the elderly woman as she set down a beautiful teacup, careful of the papers littering his desk as to not stain them, preparing his midnight drink.

Madam Iris Pomery, a woman that has served House Saint for as long as humanly possible, was his mother's former nanny who nurtured and cared for the deceased empress as if she was her own. She was a kind person, whose loyalty ran deep and her fondness for the Prince even deeper for all he was a carbon copy of his father, he was every bit his mother incarnated.

"Has it really gotten this late?" Athan sighed tiredly, gently placing down the feathered quill and gathering his papers.

A permanently kind and patient smile took on an amused note as the elderly woman watched the young boy work. Perhaps the prince was simply a mix of both his parents, who also had the awful habit of working until sunrise.

Picking up the teacup and gently swirling the light brown liquid, Athan added a small spoon of honey and began mixing. A tentative taste later, a relaxed smile bloomed on his youthful face.

"Thank you for the tea, Madam Iris."

The caretaker held back her admonishment of the formal thanks, opting instead to let it slide as she wished the young heir a good night's rest, exiting the large chambers oblivious to the pair of eyes glowing in the dark.

Three cups of tea later, Athanasius found himself yawning tiredly. 'The body of a ten year old can really do only so much, huh...' Miffed by his own thoughts, the prince rose from his sitting place, stretched his back and walked towards his large bed. Dressed in a simple long-sleeved white shirt and black pants, the silvery blonde slipped under the sheets of his bed and allowed sleep to consume him entirely.

From outside the tall windows, where moonlight poured over the slumbering form of the imperial prince, two figures shrouded in black stood waiting on the branches of the tallest tree. In a split second the two individuals found themselves at the foot of the young royal's impressive canopy, one holding an unsheathed dagger, the other a silencing scroll.

As the one with the blade that glimmered under the moonlight approached the bedside where the child slept and gave a deep sigh.

"I hate killing children." His mutters went unheard by his partner, but before he could bury the blade deep within the prince's chest, a guttural growl resonated through the room, both assailants freezing in their movements.

Glowing eyes alerted them to the presence of another as they both jumped away from the bedside, the place they previously occupied now presented a growling beast, striped fur of black and white sparkling with traces of lightning and golden eyes glaring a hole within their bodies.

What was this monster to hold such an imposing presence?

"Hah..." The release of a soft breath drew their attention to the bed, from which jeweled blue eyes glared at them. "I had hoped I would have a peaceful rest as Madam Iris wished for me, but then you two just had to be outside." The cold tone of the boy stilled the two grown men in place, and suddenly they felt unable to breathe.

Mana release? In such intensity? From this young boy?

"Biyakko, deal with them will you?" Not even a moment's notice later did the massive tiger pounce on them, claws drawn and fangs bared as it sank them in with both speed and precision.

Watching from the sidelines as his familiar made work out of massacring the foolish assassins, Athan sighed tiredly. He'll have to go to father about this tonight, else he'll be sleeping with the corpses.

As his loyal pet came paddling towards him, purring loudly at its accomplishment to fulfil his order, Athan petted the now red stained fur, uncaring of it dirtying his hands.

Allowing Biyakko to lick the blood smearing his hand, he jumped out of bed, beast trailing one step behind, the Obelian Prince made his way towards his father's palace and, subsequently, study.

It was times like these that he was thankful that his father was somewhat of a workaholic.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.2K 104 11
┆┆𝑳𝒖𝒄𝒂𝒔 𝒙 𝑭𝒆𝒎𝒂𝒍𝒆!𝒐𝒄 ┆┆ 𝑨𝒎𝒃𝒓𝒐𝒔𝒊𝒂 𝑫𝒆 𝑨𝒍𝒈𝒆𝒓 𝑶𝒃𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒂,𝒊𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝑭𝒊𝒓𝒔𝒕 𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒓 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝑶𝒃𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒂𝒏 𝑬𝒎𝒑�...
95.1K 2.5K 25
You have always been a close friend to Claude for his whole entire life. You knew how he was neglected and all that's why you promised to always be t...
147K 2.8K 49
[ COMPLETED ] collection of oneshots/short stories ( a few chapters )/ headcanons! may include lucas x athanasia/ felix x lilian fluff - spoiler fre...
101K 3.2K 59
✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧ A powerful immortal magician teacher had kept reading who made me a princess that her students introduced her to. She then...