Jackine one-shots

By JackKellyscap

I know, I'm really late to the Newsies fandom... this is just a bunch of Jackrine one shots. More

Proposal
Baby Newsies
Help me, please
Pain
Hospital
Break up
Unsure
Baby Newsies 2
What do you think I am?
The Delancey's
Oversized hoodies and snow
Camping
Pulitzer? Plumber? Kelly?
When it rains, it pours
Slow dancing
Empty promises
I can't do this now
Haunted House
Christmas at the Lodging House
Till midnight
Masked faces and hidden lies
What are you doing
Single beds and lovely mornings
Can't sleep
Painted bellies and flowers
After the strike
Rag tag Kelly puppies
Your suitor's here
Rooftops and Fairylights
April Fools
Late Night Car Troubles
Fangirls
Birthday
Our mess
Disneyland
Three Little Words
Hide and seek
A run in with the Barrow gang
Cold

Accidents and Apologies

244 5 0
By JackKellyscap

Katherine didn't remember the last time she saw Jack or remember the last time she heard from him. They'd broken up a month ago and that month was the hardest of her life.

She'd missed him so much and they'd broken up over such a small thing, blown out of proportion. She'd screamed at him and forced him to leave, over something ridiculously small. That was the worst mistake of her life.

She jerked as her phone rang, pulling her from her thoughts. "Hello?"

"Hello, Miss Pulitzer?" The lady on the other side of the line asked.

Katherine frowned, she was only ever 'Miss Pulitzer' for work or emergencies, to everyone else she was 'Miss Plumber'. "Yes, this is she."

"We have you down as Mr Kelly's emergency contact. And he's been in an accident and is currently in the NYC Hospital."

Katherine's heart dropped and she almost dropped her phone. "Ok, I'll- I'm on my way." She said before hanging up the phone and dropping it into her lap. Her eyes filled with tears and she stood up on shaky legs. Despite breaking up with Jack she still loved and cared deeply for him.

She stared at her wall before shaking herself. She had to get to Jack. She slipped her phone into her jeans pocket before changing into her shoes and rushing out the house.

She slid into her car and started driving, her vision becoming blurry as she tried to keep her tears at bay. She drove into the parking lot, grabbing her handbag before running into the hospital.

"I'm here for Jack Kelly." She said with a slight pant as she stood in front of the receptionists desk. "I'm Katherine, his emergency contact."

"He's in room 217." The receptionist said, looking over Katherine. "You can go up and see him, but don't wake him."

Katherine nodded sharply, "Yes ok. Thank you." She said, before walking onto the second floor. She ran down the corridor before skidding to a halt outside room 217. She rested her head against the door frame and tried to collect herself before she walked inside.

Her heart dropped when she saw Jack lying in the bed, his face covered in cuts and scraps. His right leg was bandaged and arm was in a cast.

She walked over to the chair in the corner of the room and sat down in it, pulling her legs up to her chest. She rested her head on her knees and stared at his unconscious body, her eyes filling with tears.

--------

Jack groaned and opened his eyes, trying to sit up. "What the hell?" He mumbled, his throat hoarse and scratchy. He looked around and saw his leg and arm in casts. His eyes landed on Katherine, who was curled up in a chair, dried tears on her cheeks.

"Katherine?" He whispered softly, his eyes filling with tears when he realised she was here for him. He reached his hand over and tried to reach her. His heart monitor spiked at the movement and Katherine's eyes shot open.

"Jack?" She whispered, seeing his eyes open. "Oh God Jack." She mumbled, rushing forward and kneeling next to his bed, grabbing his uninjured hand and squeezing it.

"What are youse doin here?" He mumbled hoarsely, gladly sipping the water Katherine handed him.

Katherine smiled softly, "I'm still your emergency contact." She whispered, stroking stray strands of hair out of his face.

"I should probably change it then." Jack said with a small smile.

Katherine's smile fell and she nodded. "Yeah, you can change it after you're better." She said, feeling some kind of hurt at the thought of being removed as his emergency contact.

"Do the boys know I'm here?" He asked, noticing her change in mood.

"Not yet. It's 11:30 in the evening. They'll be asleep." Katherine said, standing up and walking back to sit in the chair.

Jack stared at her, missing the feeling of her hand in his. Truth be told, he'd missed everything about her. "How are youse?" He asked, trying to clear the awkward silence.

Katherine laughed, "You're in a hospital bed and you're asking how I am?" She asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Well I ain't seen youse in a month." Jack said, trying to sit up but failing. He turned his head and saw her wiping her eyes. "So, how are youse?"

"I'm ok." Katherine said, trying to keep her voice steady when all she wanted to was cry and tell him how much she missed him, and how sorry she was for breaking up with him. "You?"

"Ehh, not so good." He said, looking down at his leg in the hospital bed. "Clearly." He laughed softly and saw tears on her cheeks. He ignored them, unsure whether she wanted him to see them or not. "So, what youse been up ta?"

Katherine sighed and shook her head. "Let's not do this." She said, slumping back in her chair.

"What?"

"Let's not pretend we're friends or anything like that, because we both know it will lead to us getting hurt. I'm here because I'm your emergency contact, and only because of that." She said, despite it being the biggest load of BS ever. Yes, she was there because she was his emergency contact but that wasn't the only reason. But she couldn't, wouldn't, hold onto the hope that he still felt something for her. She needed to move on.

"Well, it's not my fault wes ain't datin anymore." Jack said with a slight snap, not expecting for Katherine to practically fall apart. His heart softened as she buried her head in her hands and sobbed. "Katherine."

"I'm sorry." She whispered, her voice barely audible between sobs. She pulled her knees up to her chest and stared at him through her fingers.

"Kath."

"I miss you." She said, pulling her hands away from her face and looking at him. "I didn't want to break up. I was just mad, and it slipped out and, and- I, I just miss you." She sobbed out, burying her head back in her hands.

"If I could get out of this bed, I would come over there and hug youse." Jack said, reached an arm out and trying to grab her hand. He felt his heart quicken as she hesitantly pulled her chair over to the side of his bed.

Katherine sniffed before trying to hug him as best as she could. She rested her head against his chest and smiled softly as he placed his uninjured hand on her back, rubbing it gently.

"For the record, I miss youse too." He whispered, pressing a gentle kiss to her hair. He frowned when she began to cry harder.

"If youse didn't want ta break up with me," He began as he felt her calming down against his chest. "Why did youse take so long ta tell me?"

"I don't know. I thought, I don't know." She whispered, pulling away from him and wiping her eyes. She gently took his hand and fiddled with his fingers.

"I was waitin for youse, ta call I mean. I spent the first two weeks at Davey and Les' thinkin youse would call. I thought youse would realise youse made a mistake and wanted me back." Jack said, blushing softly and trying to shuffle away from her.

Katherine looked down at the bed, avoiding her eyes. "I realised that I made a mistake." She whispered, gently pulling her hand away from his.

"Then why didn't youse call?" He asked, wiping the few tears that still dripped down her cheeks.

"Because I thought you didn't want me back, because of everything that was said." Katherine said, pulling her knees up to her chest again. She wrapped her arms around her knees and stared at her.

"I didn't want ta break up, I didn't mean what I said. I didn't mean it at all." Jack said, his eyes filling with tears. "I'm so sorry."

"I'm sorry too." Katherine whispered, "I'm sorry for only coming to see you when you got into an accident. I'm so sorry."

"Hey, hey. It's ok." Jack said, smiling softly at her. "I woulda called youse anyways. I missed youse a lot."

"I missed you too." She said, reaching over and running her fingers across his arm. "A lot."

Jack smiled and took her hand in his, pressing a kiss to the back of her hand. He laced their fingers together and squeezed her hand tightly. "Do youse want ta try the whole datin thing again? Cos I still love youse, and I don't know whether I can deal with us just bein friends again."

Katherine smiled shyly and leaned forward, her lips hovering centimetres above his face. "I wanna try dating again." She whispered before leaning down and kissing him gently.

Jack smiled against her lips and wrapped one arm around her back. He broke the kiss and smiled as she kissed his forehead. "No more fighting, no more breaking up." He whispered.

Katherine smiled brightly and nodded. "No more fighting." She whispered, sitting back down on the chair and pulling it as close to the bed as possible. She reached forward and ran her hands through his hair.

"Wes can work on us. And stay together." Jack said, running his hand through her hair. "I love you Ace."

Katherine smiled at the nickname, she'd missed being called that. "I love you too Jack."

"If I had both arms I would hug youse properly. But I'll do that when I'm healed, ok?" Jack laughed gently, finally happy that they were back together, that he didn't have to live his life without her.

Katherine nodded, "Fine by me Jack, Fine by me." She said, kissing him again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4K 268 23
๐“ด๐“ช๐“ป๐“ฎ๐”€ ๐“ž๐“ท๐“ฎ ๐“ผ๐“ฑ๐“ธ๐“ฝ๐“ผ
43.9K 566 41
Collection of imagines about Newsies Live from Broadway. Right now, characters include Race, Spot, Specs, and general Newsies. Feel free to leave a r...
141K 2.6K 38
Haha get it? It's like My Girl but with their accent bahaha... I'm sorry I'll stop (Newsies x reader)
29.1K 415 29
woso one shots! ๐Ÿซถ๐Ÿป