The Fault Line (GxG)

By Dreamondreamer96

Wilder Holt thought she had everything in line. Her goal is to become a fantastic soccer player to be able to... More

1. Good game, girls!
2. Are you okay down there?
3. You're staring
4. She is a bit cocky
5. Good luck, number ten
6. Because you are too beautiful
7. I didn't know what to do with you
8. You are into deep
9. You aren't drunk this time
10, It's the goalkeeper
11. I think I found it
12. You take all your girls up here
13. You need to talk to me
14. Are you okay up there?
15. I like you
17. I missed you
18. You are beautiful
19. I kinda cried all over you
20. Nico and Nova
21. This is your fault
22. What did I do wrong?
23. What is your problem!
24. We can share?
25. Get out!
26. You said that out loud
27. You weren't supposed to happen
28. You wanted her, Wilder!
29. How slow are you?
30. Sometimes I wish I hadn't met you
31. No, don't overthink now
32. Nico sounds perfect
33. Fine, then take them off
34. Nobody is perfect
35. What should we do?
36. It's over now
37. I can't do this anymore
38. You always look at me
39. I'm not ready
40. It will never be enough

16. Are you lost again?

5.4K 235 22
By Dreamondreamer96

Dad texted me to come to my grandparents after school. There were no details on why, but I presume they need help with something on the farm. Grandad is starting to become too old for it now. He would be mad if I told him that, but I have notched how much time it has taken of dad. 

He spends a lot of time at work and with his parents to make sure everything on the farm is going well. I try and help, but school and soccer come in the way most of the time. I could probably be better. 

The snow is falling beautifully down from the gray sky, laying down nicely onto the ground as if it was a white carpet covering it all. Every tree, waterfalls, and river is frozen over. 

I slow down as I saw Nico getting out of the car, but she saw me and a bright smile back upon her face. I pull the car into the driveway and park it as she comes my way.

"Hi," Nico grinned after she opened my door, she looks wonderful standing there with too big of a hoodie and blue jeans. Her hair up in a ponytail, which I like the most. It shows her cute cheeks bones. 

"Hi," I smiled in return.

"Are you lost again?" She wondered.

"No, I'm going up to my grandparents," I said, and she lit up with a bright smile.

"Can I join you?" 

"I guess," I shrugged. 

"Okay, wait here," She said and ran for her house. Not long after, she came back, pulling on a jacket, and seated herself in my car. 

"Why would you like to go with me?" I asked, closing my door and pulled out of the driveway. 

"Well, maybe your grandparents will relive all of your secrets," She teased.

"I don't have any secrets," I frowned. 

"No, but you have a lot of layers," Nico said, and I looked down at myself quickly, as I'm only wearing a jacket, a sweatshirt, and pants.

"I only have three," I argued and saw Nico watches me with an earnest look on her face.

"I'm not sure if you are serious or if you are joking," Nico said, uncertain, but I shrugged as I pulled up the gravel road to my grandparents' house. 

"You are cute though," She placed a kiss on my cheek, which I didn't expect. My father is driving the tractor, shuffling the snow away from the road. I park the car behind his vehicle, and we both step outside to the cold. 

Dad stopped the tractor and opened the door as we went in his direction.

"Hi, Dean," Nico waved, and dad grinned as he jumped down. 

"Hi, you guys want to see something?" Dad asked, and both of us nodded unsurely as to why he is excited. He indicated us to follow him to the house, and on the way, Nico managed to snatch my hand into hers. I gave her a look, but she ignored it and kissed my forehead instead. 

As we entered and took off our shoes and jackets, we were hit with warmth from the fireplace. Nico didn't hesitate as she placed herself in front of the heat. 

"Oh hi," Grandmom said, looking at Nico stunned. 

"Nico, this is my mother, Ella," Dad said, and they both introduced themself. I'm amazed by how comfortable Nico is with everything around her. 

"You are a friend of Wilder?" She asked, and Nico bit her lip thoughtfully as she looked at me. 

"I guess we can call it that for now," Nico shrugged, and my dad started laughing. Grandmom and I met eyes, not sure what to think at the moment. 

"Come on, Wilder, stop being all so serious," Dad said, bumping my shoulder with his. But then, out of nowhere, a little white kitten comes towards us. 

"Oh, it's so cute," Nico said, bending down as it is cuddling against her foot. I look at dad for answers. 

"Grandad found a couple of kittens in the barn. He waited for a couple of days to see if the mother would return, but it seems like they were on their own," He told me sadly as another gray kitten appeared toward Nico. She is sitting on the floor, petting both of them now. 

"I'll be in the kitchen," Grandmom told us and wandered away.

"I thought we could keep them here for now," Dad said, and I nodded.

"Okay, I'm not a tree," Nico chuckled as the gray one decided to climb up on her shoulder.

"I will go out and plow the rest of the snow and help see if grandad needs help in the barn," Dad said on the way to leave.

"I can help," I offered, and he stopped in his tracks considering it, but then he looked behind, and I followed his gaze at Nico. She seems to be very comfortable on the floor with the little kittens cuddling all up to her. 

"No, you keep your friend some company," He winked and left. Rolling my eyes, I went over to Nico and placed myself in front of her.

"Are you okay?" She asked, placing the white kitten back onto the floor.

"Yeah, I'm okay. Are you okay?" And she nodded.

"I'm in heaven right now," She chuckled, and the kittens start playing around with each other.

***

It didn't take long until my grandad came back inside; he struggled with back pain. Grandmom didn't believe him; she thought it was an excuse to place himself in front of the TV to watch the soccer game today, which is most likely true. 

I have never been interested in watching men's soccer. I prefer playing, and besides, grandad's team always seems to lose. What I didn't expect was Nico, though. She and grandad are so into it that they shout on the TV. She is impressive how she can make people like her so much. I think I envy that part of her.

"You want something to eat?" I asked, but she waved me off. I furrow my brows as I stood up and went to the kitchen. My grandmom peeked up from her book.

"Do you have some blueberry pie?" I asked shyly, and she nodded as she stood up and found a piece for me. 

"Thank you," I smiled as she placed it on a plate for me.

"She seems nice," But right on cue, Grandad and Nico shouted in a choir. I bite my lower lip as I narrowed my eyes. 

"I blame your grandad for that," She rolled her eyes. 

"She is nice, yeah," I said bashfully as she sat back down on her chair.

"Doesn't seem that she has one shy bone in her body," Grandmom chuckled, and I had to smile at that comment because it's true. 

"No, she doesn't have one," I agreed. 

I thanked grandmom once again for the pie and found myself back next to Nico.

"Oh, pie," She said and took the plate out of my hand. Frowning, I watch her pick up the fork and take a piece of it into her mouth. She is to concentrate on the game that she hasn't noticed what she did. My mouth is moving, trying to form words, but I can't seem to find them. Nico turned to me with a smile, and it faded quickly. 

"I'm sorry," She said, mouthful reaching out the plate for me again. I wanted to be mad, but I can't. There is something about the innocent look in her eyes that makes it hilarious.

"No," I shook my head and pushed the plate back to her. She smiled at that and continued. It was the last piece, but knowing that Nico is enjoying it and having a good time is an incredible feeling. 

I sat quietly, listening to the conversations between my grandad and Nico. They were so into the soccer world that it was fascinating. But when the game ended, he had to go back outside and help dad feeding the cows. Nico is playing with the kittens again as they are trying to bite her.

"I think I need to go home, " She said.

"Okay," I stood up and let out a sigh. Nico reached her hand, and I pull her up.

"Let's go," I tell her. 

"Bye, grandmom!" You would have thought I had shouted that. Nico grinned at my confused face.

"Bye, girls," Grandmom chuckled from the kitchen.  I shake my head as we find out the way to the hallway to get dressed.

"What?" Nico asked. 

"Nothing," I said, but the smile had to appear on my lips. Only Nico would do that. She follows me outside; the coldness made me shiver, and the snow squeaking underneath our shoes as we are on the way to the pickup. 

"Wilder," I turned to Nico only to get a cold slap of snow in my face. She is trying so hard not to smile as she is pressing her lips together. I sighed as I placed my foot behind hers and pushed her, but only to be pulled along. I fell on top of her onto the softness of the snow. 

"Hi," She chuckled. 

"Hi," I said back but couldn't stop myself from placing my fingertips onto her cheekbones. They always seem to captivate me by how strong of an appearance they have. She is so beautiful and that in every way. 

"What's going on in there?" She laid her finger on my temple with a light smile. 

"Nothing," I answered. 

"Then what's with that look on your face?" Nico said and bit her lip; it's cute when she does it. I clenched my jaw and gazed around at the snow that's coming down from the sky, placing itself nicely onto the ground. I swallow hard as I looked back into those green, brown eyes. 

"I like your cheekbones," I told her, unsure if that is a thing to say. 

"Oh," She said, her eyes wide opened with a bright smile. 

"That's a nice thing to know," I crinkled my nose to that comment, but then she pulled me down with her lips onto mine. As everything around us is cold, her mouth remains warm.

"What more do you like?" She whispered against my lips, but I shrugged to her question, and she stole another kiss. 

"I think you know, but I won't push," Nico smiled lightly.

"But we need to get up, for my butt is going freeze," She laughed, and I pushed myself up. I give her a hand, and she jumped up to her feet.

"Okay, so you like me, you like my cheekbones, and you think I'm beautiful," She grinned as we follow the path to the car. I rolled my eyes as I opened the door to enter. 

"What more could a girl ask for," Nico laughed as she placed herself in the seat next to me. 

"Is Wilder starting to open up her doors?" She grinned, and it made me only frown as I started the car to drive her back home. 

"But seriously, though," Nico said, her whole face went blank.

"It's nice when you say things. You are reserved and don't speak your mind often. I wish you could tell me things that I don't know about you or things you like," She smiled now. 

"I do see you, Wilder, but I wish you could show me a bit more," Nico explained, and I nodded as I stopped the car in her driveway. I bite my inner cheeks, wondering what she wants me to show her, but I have no clue. 

The only place people really see me is when I play soccer. That's when they notice me. Otherwise, people don't really try to get to know me because it takes time. So they mostly give up and find someone else to be with. I have Lynda, but we met when we were kids, so that is different. Nico is the only one who has really tired, and she is still here. Most of all, she is patient and hasn't left yet.

"What do you want to know?" I wondered, scratching the side of my neck. 

"Well, what do you like to do?" She asked uncertainly. 

"I like soccer," I shrugged, and she laughed at that, which was cute, though. 

"I know that Wilder," She smiled.

"Okay, Umm," I narrowed my eyes thoughtfully. 

"I like camping," I said this time, and it made her smile.

"That's nice; I have never done that before. Lived in the city, you know. Maybe you can take me once the winter is over," She shrugged, hopefully.

"I guess we can do that," I answered. 

"And I like spending time with you," Her eyes widened when I told her that. Perhaps I shouldn't have.

"Sometimes, I am not sure if you do because I know I can be a bit extreme compared to you," I narrowed my eyes to that.

"A bit?" I joked, and she hit me in the arm lightly with a laugh.

"I-I like it," I told her, looking down at my hands. 

"So you don't mind that I am the way I am?" She wondered, and I shook my head, not believing why she would ask me that. 

"You might cross my lines sometimes," Nico's gaze fell right away. 

"But I like it," Now she smiled again. 

"Why?" She wondered, which I didn't expect. 

"Because nobody else has tried, but you do, and it's nice someone cares enough to want to know me as a person, and not, Wilder, number ten on the soccer field," I explained to her, and she nodded.

"Well," She grabbed my hand into hers, and it's comforting. 

"I like Wilder, and I like number ten," I wrinkled my nose to her words. 

"Don't do that," She said, placing her finger on my nose.

"You need to accept me to like you, unless you don't' want me to," Nico's words made me crinkle my nose again, and she laughed lightly. 

"I'm sorry," I told her. 

"It's cute, and I will take it as a sign that you want me to like you," She winked.

"I'll text you later, okay?" She said, and I nodded before she placed a warm kiss on my cheek. She left the car and shut the door close; on the way; she gives me a wave with a huge grin on her face. 

When she has disappeared inside, I start driving back home with the image of Nico in my mind; it seems to be the only thing in my head lately. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

383K 11.4K 50
Hanna Wilder had the perfect life. Impeccable grades, an amazing best friend and to top it all a handsome boyfriend. On their ten month anniversary H...
250K 6K 51
Rose is a college student hoping for a scholarship to play woman's football in America so she can reunite with her father. However, Rose falls for a...
9.5K 223 8
A sequel to 'Way Back' [also known as the huge mess Charlie has made]. What if the right person comes at the worst possible time? Would you fix your...
107K 3.6K 26
When an incident on the pitch can lead to an unlikely lucky charm for the lionesses. AKA When Leah gets inured on the pitch, the oppositions medic...