First name terms

By peachrte

Gilbert and Anne had known each other for years, but the redhead had never been able to forgive him for calli... More

1- Surname terms
2- Passive-agressive
3- F-R-I-E-N-D-S
4- Darkness
5- Sincerely, Blythe
6- The field of colorful freedom
7- Encounters and future reunions
8- Family from different families
9-Talk to me
10- Denial
11- Bittersweet
12- Annie
13- Camouflage
14- Spinning
15- Quiet
16- Late sleepers
17- Melody of love
18- Quandary
19- Blindfold
20-Fists and fights
21- Go
22- Part 1: Hurt me twice
22- Part 2: Carrots and Slate-face
23- "She"
24- My Girl
25- Until we meet again
26- BA 5967
27- Stalker team
28- New member
29- Support
30- On the road
31- Unexpected declarations
32- No response
33- In a heartbeat
34- Open eyes
35- Your perfect
36- Like a song
37- RAIN
38- Endings
39- Operation Geronimo
40- First name terms
41- Caught
43- Date ride
44- Anesthesia
Quick A/N and recap
45- Stories without ending

42- Recovery

361 13 23
By peachrte

A/N: Hey guys, I'm so sorry. I'm just having so much trouble getting some inspiration out of my system. I have a small part of the next chapter ready so maybe I won't take like a fortnight to write the next one. Ugh, I'm so sorry! Anyway... Here (finally) goes chapter 42...

One week later...

Matthew Cuthbert was being firmly held by Marilla and Anne, who were helping him walk after so long. Finally, after several weeks, he returned to the comforts of his home in Green Gables. Despite clarifying a thousand times that he shouldn't have too much physical activity for the first couple of days, the doctor had discharged him without a doubt. One risk was that he might have lost his memory but that was quickly discarded the same day he woke up, since he remembered everything- except, of course, the night his heart stopped and the weeks he had spent in a coma.

They took him to the parlor, where he sat in his armchair and smiled widely at the comforts of it since the hospital's mattress wasn't especially soft. Finally reunited, the whole family sat in front of the fire, which clearly hadn't been lit up since the weather was rather hot. Marilla carried on with her embroidery, Jerry ate a sandwich he had grabbed on the way there, and the man started eyeing the newspaper- even though he wouldn't need it, since the redhead was babbling her head off updating him on what had happened.

-... Unluckily, we caught a cold. I actually had a fever, but Gil didn't, so that's good. Oh, then I went on a date with Noah!

-I suppose convincing her wasn't an easy task- he gestured towards his sister.

-I had to beg.

-But, in the end, I reluctantly let her go- Marilla added, pretending to keep a straight face on but being conscious that a smile was creeping up her lips at the sight of her brother intently listening to Anne.

-Luckily, you did. I had a fantastic time. The food at Geronimo's is scrumptious, and Noah is a very interesting guy, so I really enjoyed the company.

-You went to Geronimo's?- she nodded vigorously in reply- Do you have any pictures to show me?

-I was hoping you'd ask for...

The sound of the doorbell interrupted the conversation. Her adoptive mother asked her to go welcome whoever was at the door, giving Jerry some time for him to talk. From the window, she could see some dark curls popping up, which automatically made her features lit up.

-Hey, Gil- she opened the door with a light blush on her cheeks. She received no reply to her greeting as the boy was too busy scanning their surroundings. After checking for the presence of any family, a playful half-smile appeared on his face. He cupped her face in his hands and slowly kissed her.

-Hey, Annie- he finally responded, biting his lip while their foreheads were still together.

-Are you crazy? Marilla would've freaked out if she saw that!- the girl whisper-shouted.

-You make me crazy- he pecked her lips with a silly grin on his face. Even though she wanted to scold him once again, she couldn't help but feel her heart melt at his behavior.

-What are you doing here?

-Okay, so, you know how a week ago this whole thing started?- he scratched his head while the redhead smiled at his nervousness- Well, ever since then, I've been brainstorming a bit, trying to come up with some ideas for... a date, and I finally thought of something that I think you'll like. So... would you like to go on a date with me, Annie? An official date.

-Oh, I...- she started formulating her answer but was interrupted by the rest of her family, who were going upstairs to Matthew's room.

-Mr. Cuthbert! It's so nice to see you again! Up and walking already- his polite, yet sincere smile was drawn on his face.

-It's nice to see you too, Gilbert.

-Hey, Blythe.

-Oh, Gilbert do you want something to eat? I've made some plum puffs - Marilla started saying, moving around the kitchen like the host she had always been- Anne, can you help Matthew, please?

-Oh, thank you, that's very kind of you but I was actually just leaving... I have to uh, take care of something- he replied, his eyes occasionally darting to the redhead who was going up the stairs.

-Oh, well, visit us soon.

-We will be seeing more of him, Marilla, I'm sure- Jerry added, biting one of the treats she had offered and sitting on the table. Gilbert just cleared his throat, smiling at his feet.

-About that... Annie?- he looked up at her, expecting an answer to his question.

-I... I'd love to- she bit back her grin, the boy mirroring her expression.

-Friday?

-Friday- she repeated, nodding in approval before continuing her way to the second floor.

-Friday?- Jerry smirked- You're like two peas in a pod- he patted his back, whispering that into his ear as he walked into the parlor again.

After the "pea" took his leave, he quickly pulled out his phone, scrolling through his contacts eagerly until reaching Moody's.

-Hey, Gilbert, what's up?- his friend picked up.

-Hey, Moody, everything's great, thanks. 

-Good.

-So, uh, look, I'm taking Anne on a date and I need your help...- the conversation kept on going for a couple of minutes.

———

Josie Pye was entering shop after shop, going out with a thousand bags from each one of them. And, even though she was the one buying, she wasn't the one carrying all of that. Noah was being dragged around, holding five bags on each hand and patiently waiting for her to try the clothes and shoes on.

-Ooo, what do you think about this?- she put the hanger in front of her so that the top she was holding would lay on her chest as if she were wearing it.

-It's uh... nice- he said flatly.

-"Nice"? I need better feedback than that. 

-Alright, it... It brings out your blue eyes- he sighed. 

-Okay, Akes. You are depressed, and I get it, your crush made out with her best friend, but you have to get over it.

-Easier said than done

-You know what you need?

-Shopping?

-Shopping- they both said at the same time.

-Jose, I'm not doing it, I already have clothes.

-I know but it's therapeutic.

-For you.

-Oh, come on. Just one shop.

-I...- he sighed and groaned- Fine.

-Great, let's go- she quickly left the three pieces of clothing on a shelf.

-But... You don't want that?- he gestured towards the top and two skirts- I can wait if you want.

-Stop being a gentleman and start focusing on being less depressed- the comment drew a boyish smile on his face.

———

He opened the door, getting out of the changing room while wearing a dark blue dressing suit. Josie looked up from her phone, a smirk instantly being drawn on her face.

-Don't you look sharp?- she remarked, unbuttoning the top of his shirt, as always. 

-Blue's not really my color.

-I think it really brings out your blue eyes- she repeated his words teasingly, knowing that they were actually brown, and he laughed wholeheartedly in reply. The tone of voice she used was what got him- Wow, Noah Akerly, is that you? I had forgotten what your smile looked like, it was hard to recognize you.

-I think it was hard to recognize me because of these top buttons- he cocked his eyebrow, tying his shirt. 

-Well, don't get so much into that 'cause now you are gonna try this on- she slid another suit from behind her back. It consisted of a pink shirt and a grey coat and trousers. 

-When the hell were you able to get that? We were just talking. 

-It's my natural talent- she winked- Now put it on. 

-I kind of feel like I'm being your Ken doll, you know? Trying all the different clothes on me?

-I'm sorry, buddy, you are- she joked, putting her hand on his cheek and patting it gently. 

-Well, this buddy is gonna go change- he smiled charmingly before walking into the changing room again. 

He looked at himself in the mirror as he took off the white shirt, and he couldn't take the grin off his face. "God, this girl..." he shook his head while laughing lightly. 

Sooo, quick question: Are you liking this Josie and Noah thing?

Thank you for reading! Don't forget to vote if you liked it and leave a comment with your opinion!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

260K 6.3K 103
Gilbert Blyth X Reader, this will be seasons 1-3 of Anne with an e but with the reader instead. I suck at writing so it will be pretty bad and I wil...
51.5K 1.6K 42
Anne with an E Season 4 Fanfiction As Gilbert Blyth and Anne part ways a new journey begins. The two kindred spirits must navigate new surroundings...
21K 530 26
"Anyway, that piece of paper contains the name of this texting app. It's completely anonymous, so you can download it, make your account with no atta...
48.9K 762 25
~Sequel to Shrek 2: Happily 'N'Ever After [Book 2]~ Uncle Connor: Now remember: No nagging, bragging, sweating, fretting, slipping, tripping, slurpin...