dislike ↠ draco malfoy

By aqua_tic15

"I strongly dislike you, Draco Malfoy." Evangeline Hastings is transferring from Beauxbatons to Hogwarts for... More

one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five
thirty-six
thirty-seven
thirty-eight
thirty-nine
forty
forty-one
forty-two
forty-three
forty-four
forty-five
forty-six
forty-seven
forty-nine
fifty
fifty-one
fifty-two
fifty-three
fifty-four
fifty-five
fifty-six
fifty-seven
epilogue

forty-eight

21.8K 473 703
By aqua_tic15

Evangeline

"Ah, here she is," Voldemort said.

I stepped into the room, my mouth pressed shut.

Voldemort was a horrific looking man. Well, if you could even call him a man, he hardly looked human. He resembled hybrid of a human and a grey snake. He had no nose, just two slits for nostrils. He had small red eyes.

"I'd like to speak to her alone," Voldemort drawled.

"Alone?" Draco said, his voice turning panicky.

"Yes, Draco, alone. So all of you, get out," he snapped.

Lucius stood up and strode out of the room. Narcissa also stood up and looked at me before leaving. Draco stood in the doorway, his fists clenched.

"Come on, Draco," Lucius called from the hall.

"What are you going to do to her?" Draco inquired.

"I told you," Voldemort sneered. "I'm just going to talk to her. Now get out."

Draco stared at him, his nostrils flared, and then stepped out of the room. Voldemort waved his long fingers and the door slammed shut.

"Come sit down," Voldemort said coldly.

I noticed that my whole body was shaking with fear. I sucked in a breath and sat down in an armchair across from Voldemort.

"Remind me of your name again, girl," he said.

"Evangeline," I replied, my voice shaking. "Evangeline Hastings."

"What a... beautiful name," he said.

"What do you want from me?" I said quickly.

Voldemort scowled at me. "You don't want to speak to me like that, girl. I am the Dark Lord."

"Sorry," I mumbled, biting my tongue back.

He reached down and stroked Nagini. "How old are you?"

"Eighteen."

"Hogwarts house?"

"Slytherin," I replied.

He nodded. "You're in the best house. That's good, very good. What's your blood status?"

"I'm a Half-Blood. Dad is Pureblood, Mum was a Muggleborn."

"A Half-Blood is acceptable. I would prefer a Pureblood, but a Half-Blood is fine," he drawled.

"Why are you asking me all of these questions?" I asked.

He ignored me. "I have been told that you are loyal," he said. "I like loyalty. It's a good trait to have in a follower."

I gulped but stayed quiet.

"I think you'd make a good Death Eater, Evangeline," he said

My eyes widened. "W-what? A Death Eater?"

"Think about it," he said. "You can fight with us, and when we win the war, you'll be very powerful. Don't you want to be powerful, Evangeline?"

I stared at him. He was asking me to become a Death Eater, well, I didn't even know if he was asking me. What if I said no? Would he kill me? Surely Voldemort would kill someone who didn't obey him, right?

"Did you hear me?" he snapped. "Do you want to be powerful?"

I gulped. "Y-yes. I want to be powerful. Of course I want to be powerful," I stammered.

"Then you'd make an excellent Death Eater," he said. "You want to be on the winning side, the more powerful side, don't you?"

"Of course I do," I said. I couldn't believe the words that were coming out of my own mouth. I didn't want to be a Death Eater. I just didn't want to die.

"Then become a Death Eater," he said. "Join our ranks."

I stared at him for a few minutes, my heart racing in my chest. I couldn't do this. I couldn't become a Death Eater.

But I had to if I wanted to survive.

"Fine," I said. "I'll become a Death Eater."

"That's what I like to hear," he said. He twirled his fingers. "I would have forced you to join, anyway, would have threatened you with death if you didn't, but it's nice that you volunteered."

"Right," I mumbled.

"Come, girl. Come sit in front of me."

I rised from the armchair and sat on my knees in front of him on the floor.

"Give me your arm."

I flinched and pulled back my sleeve. He was going to give me the Dark Mark, just like he had done to Draco. I held out my arm and I shivered as he reached out and took it in his cold grey hands.

He reached into his robes and pulled out his wand. I grimaced as he pressed his wand deep into the skin of my forearm. "Evangeline Hastings, do you pledge yourself to serve the Dark Lord?"

"Yes, I guess I do," I replied, my voice shaking.

He muttered a spell under his breath, and a mark began to be carved into my skin. The Dark Mark. I cried out in pain as it was branded into my forearm.

When it was over, Voldemort tucked his wand away. "You're officially a Death Eater."

I gripped my forearm with my other hand in pain. The skin around the mark began to swell and become red.

Voldemort stood up and kicked me to the side. I collapsed onto the floor. "My business here is done," he drawled and strode out of the room.

I laid on the floor of the Malfoy's parlor, the pain from my arm running through my entire body. Why had I done this? I was a sweet girl, a nice girl. What would my father think if he found out about this?

There were voices from the hall, and then Draco emerged into the room. He stared down at me. "Evangeline!" he exclaimed, rushing over to me. He leaned down next to me. "What did he do to you?"

I looked up at him. "Draco..."

"What? He didn't hurt you, did he?" he asked. He put his arm around me and pulled me up into a sitting position. The Dark Mark on my arm was hidden beneath my sleeve. "What happened?" He whispered into my ear. "Tell me what happened."

I gulped. My ears were ringing. I raised my arm up off the floor and held it out in front of him.

"What?" he murmured.

"Pull back my sleeve," I whispered.

"What?"

"Pull. Back. My. Sleeve."

He glanced at me, giving me a questioning look, and then wrapped his fingers around my sleeve and pulled it back, revealing the Dark Mark. He let out a large gasp. "Oh, Evangeline... no... You're not supposed to be involved in this..."

"I'm sorry," I sobbed, pressing my face into his chest.

"Eva, this isn't your fault," he said. "Don't apologize."

"I told him I wanted to be a Death Eater," I cried. "Why did I do that...?"

"He probably would have killed you if you didn't," he muttered. "It's not your fault. You can't blame yourself."

"You told me you loved me," I whispered.

"Huh?"

"Before this happened, you told me you loved me. You said 'I love you,'" I said.

He shook his head. "Oh, yeah, I guess I did. Sorry." He shrugged.

I frowned. "Sorry? So what, you didn't mean it?"

"Let's not do this right now, Eva. I mean, you just became a Death Eater..."

"No." I pulled away from him. "We need to talk about this right now. Are you saying that you didn't mean it? That you don't love me?"

"Of course I don't— I mean—"

"Oh," I said, my voice lowering. I stood up and backed away from him. "If you don't love me, then why would you say that?"

"Evangeline—" He reached out to grab me, but I darted away.

"Don't touch me," I snapped.

"Evangeline, you're overreacting!" he yelled. "It's not that big of a deal."

The door swung open and Narcissa stepped inside. She looked back and forth between the both of us. "What's going on in here?"

"Nothing," Draco scowled. "Nothing is going on in here." He turned around and stormed out of the room. I sucked in a breath as he left.

Narcissa looked at me. "Are you alright, dear?"

"Fine," I muttered, quickly pulling my sleeve up so she didn't see my Dark Mark. I crossed my arms over my chest.

She looked at me like she didn't believe me, but instead said, "Well, why don't you come into the kitchen and eat something?"

I shook my head. "No— I think I'm just going to go back to bed. Thank you, though."

She pursed her lips. "Alright."

I walked out of the parlor, my heart racing in my chest, and my arm still stinging from the Dark Mark.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.5K 359 37
Draco Malfoy has been going to Hogwarts for two years now. Now it's his little sister's turn to run through that brick pillar and board the train to...
714K 22.2K 20
Enemies, Friends, Lovers Harry never knew those three words could be synonymous, but his sixth year at Hogwarts has challenged everything he has come...
2K 301 22
"I'll be careful." Jordan Fraser has caught the interest of Slytherin's golden boy Draco Malfoy, and is fighting not to fall into his charms. Faced w...
2.2K 119 34
Hermione and her friends are invited back to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry for one more year following the Battle of Hogwarts. Of course...