Overlord: Child of the Library

By Tojamaru

Draven is a 10 year old human child with a rather unique magic power. Draven was not only born with an impres... More

The Human
Chapter 1: Escape and the Overlord!
Chapter 2: The Floor Guardians!
Chapter 3: Games and Knowledge
Chapter 4: Draven and the Maids
Chapter 5: Recovery and Care
Chapter 6: Narberal's chance at Redemption
Chapter 7: Ogre Stronghold!
Chapter 8: A Mother's Love
Chapter 9: Draven's New Workspace
Chapter 10: Aura's Day With Draven
Chapter 11: Planning a Battle Strategy
Chapter 12: Training and Chess
Chapter 13: Loki, the Son of Momon!
Chapter 15: Draven's Fear for the Future
Chapter 16: A Difficult Apology
Chapter 17: Summoning Training
Chapter 18: Mischievous Mask & Runesmithing
Special Event: Winter Bells
Chapter 19: Journey into the Frozen Prison
Chapter 20: The Prince's Purpose
The Sorcerer Prince 8 Years Later

Chapter 14: Trouble in Landschaft!

3.5K 75 37
By Tojamaru

In the last chapter Draven went on a quest with his father, Narberal, and Evileye. Although now Nazarick is finally setting it's sights on Landschaft, how will this go?

Draven was seen working in the fields of the agriculture city of Landschaft, himself, Solution, Yuri, Narberal, and Sebas have been undercover as a poor family for about a week now. In that time they were able to form a plan of attack, Solution and Sebas were able to sabotage the weapons of the soldiers. Yuri and Narberal were able to smuggle weapons into the walls for them. Draven himself has been able to locate all important buildings and locations that will help with conquering Landschaft. Although Draven couldn't shake the feeling he was being watched ever since he set foot in the city.

Draven finished his fieldwork for the day before he decided to make his way back to the sleeping cabin for the workers. Draven felt the feeling of being watched intensify as a shiver went down his spine again. "Your just nervous about the attack happening in the next hour, call yourself Draven." Draven thought you himself as he tried to relax as best as he could. "Hey kid....mind turning around?" Draven looked over his shoulder only to have a hand cover his mouth as he quickly pulled into an alley between the buildings. Draven flailed around in an attempt to break free, but it seemed completely useless.

At the Worker's Sleep House
Solution, Yuri, and Narberal were all getting ready for their surprise attack on the city as they waited for Sebas. "Have any of you seen Lord Draven? He has yet to return." Yuri said as she looked at her two sisters who shook their heads no. "He left the fields after finishing his work, I'm sure he would have told us if he would be late." Narberal said as worry started to creep into her voice. Solution quickly got up and headed towards the door. "Solution, where are you going?" Narberal asked as she watched her sister head towards the door. "You two stay here and wait for Sebas, I will find Lord Draven." Solution said as she exited the bed house without another word.

Narberal attempted to follow Solution, but was quickly stopped by Yuri. "Yuri? Get out of my way! Lord Draven could be in danger!" Narberal said angrily as she tried to get past her sister, however Yuri wouldn't budge. "Narberal, calm down. Solution can handle finding Lord Draven, we need to focus on the plan." Yuri said in a calming tone as Narberal relaxed only slightly. "Fine, but if Lord Draven is injure, I will level this entire city to find who harmed him." Narberal said in a dark tone as Yuri chuckled at her words. "You act like I wouldn't do the same." Yuri said as she smiled at her sister.

Alleyway
Draven was slumped against the wall as he looked up at a man in dark robes with a pair of swords in his hands. The man looked down at him in cold silence as if he were studying him for something.

"Who are you and what do you want with me?!" Draven demanded as he tried to hide the fear in his voice as best as he could manage in his current situation. "So your the key to the Infinite Library? Honestly wasn't expecting you to be this young when I was told you were a kid." The man said in a completely indifferent tone as Draven's eyes widened in complete shock at his words. "H-How do you know about that?!" Draven said as his fear was now completely noticeable in his voice. "Me? I am a member of the Ecliptic Blade, a group of elite soldiers that serve the world powers." The Ecliptic Blade explained as he still looked down at Draven in indifference.

               Draven wanted to ask another question, but his voice was failing him, he was scared. Scared was an understatement, he was petrified by this man, he felt his heart sink as he knew why he was here. "I've been tasked with bringing you back where you belong, now come quietly." The Ecliptic Blade said as he reached out to grab Draven. The Ecliptic Blade quickly whipped around as he deflected a dagger with one of his swords. There with an angered look on her face was Solution. "I was hoping this would be an easy job, guess not." The Ecliptic Blade said as he turned to completely face Solution.

                "Keep your hands off of Lord Draven, if you leave now I might let you live." Solution said in a dark tone as she glared at the Ecliptic Blade with another dagger ready in her hand. "Sorry, but I'm under strict orders to bring this brat back to where he belongs." The Ecliptic Blade said as he readied his swords. Solution lunges towards the Ecliptic Blade as he blocked her attack with his sword before trying to cut her head off. Solution ducked under the attack before stabbing her dagger into the side of the Ecliptic Blade's rib cage. The Ecliptic Blade hissed in pain as he stumbled backwards from the attack he received.

                Solution quickly pulled out another dagger before stabbing it into the Ecliptic Blade's gut before delivering a kick to his head. The Ecliptic Blade was on the ground while Solution stood over him with a sadistic smile on her face. "Now you will pay for trying to harm Lord Draven and return him to that wretched place!" Solution said with an evil chuckle as her sadistic smile only grew larger. The Ecliptic Blade attempted to stab Solution through the chest, but Solution's body absorbed the attack as the Ecliptic Blade's arm was stuck in her body.

              The Ecliptic Blade began to get devoured as Solution laughed, but to her surprise he started laughing as well. "What do you find so amusing human?" Solution asked as she was now confused. "You think I'm the only one? No, there are hundreds of Ecliptic Blades! That brat will be hunted for the rest of his life! So by all means kill me, that just means I can finally rest." The Ecliptic Blade said with one last laugh before being completely devoured by Solution's body. Solution quickly turned to look at Draven, who was still in shock from the whole situation.

           "Lord Draven? Are you alright?" Solution asked in a worried tone as she crouched down in front of the young Lord. Draven quickly wrapped his arms around Solution's neck as he buried his face into her shoulder and began to shake in and cry. "I-I-I t-thought I was going back to that place!" Draven whimpered out as he didn't hold back his emotions. Solution gently hugged Draven as she rubbed his back in hopes of calming him down. "It's alright Lord Draven, we would never allow you to be returned to that place." Solution said gently as she continued to comfort the young lord as best as she could in the moment.

Draven slowly, but surely calmed down as he regained his composure. "Thank you for saving me Solution, now we should regroup with the others." Draven said as they broke the hug and got ready to regroup with the others. A explosion was heard as the sounds of armored boots running could be heard. "Looks like it has already begun, let's hurry and join the fight." Draven said as Solution nodded before they both made their way to the sounds of battle as the siege on Landschaft has officially begun. Draven readied spells, despite not having his staff making things significantly more difficult for him.

The siege had been a slaughter, the town guards were unable to resist the power of the small group of Nazarick members with damaged weapons. Now they stood within the Duke's mansion as the tyrant was on his knees in front of Draven and the rest of the group. "Who in the world are you?!" The Duke of Landschaft demanded as he glared at Draven. "My name is Draven Ooal Gown, the son of Ainz Ooal Gown, the Sorcerer King and Ruler of the Holy Tomb of Nazarick. Landschaft is now belongs to Nazarick." Draven said in a dark tone as he glared at the Duke who glared right back at him.

The Duke's eyes widened as he looked Draven over. "So your the child that can open the gate to the Infinite Library, your disappearance had the Council in the Kingdom of Dominatalos have been up in arms since you escaped." The Duke sneered as he glared at the Duke with hatred. "You should know your place! You are nothing but a tool for those in power to u" the Duke never finished as he was skewered by six Eclipse Spears that kill him instantly. The Duke's dead body slumps to the ground as Draven glared at the body in complete hatred at the man.

Draven then walked out of the mansion where the poor families were waiting. "The city of Landschaft and all surrounding villages now serve the Sorcerer King of E-Rantel, Ainz Ooal Gown. You will be able to grown crops in your villages, you will supply E-Rantel with agricultural supplies. Does anyone have any issues with this arrangement?" Draven said in a commanding tone as no dare argue with him. "Lord Draven we should return to Nazarick." Yuri said as she walked up next to the young lord. "Now then, all of you return to your homes and begin work. The farmers from Landschaft shall continue the work here." Draven said before he and the group take their leave as everyone followed the orders given by Draven.

Nazarick
Draven sat on his bed as he thought about what happened earlier today. "I should have known that they would try and hunt me down, how could I make such an oversight?" Draven thought to himself as he still couldn't wrap his head around who this Ecliptic Blades were. Draven's thoughts were interrupted by a knock on the door to his bedroom. "Yes?" Draven said as he waited for the person on the other side of the door. "Lord Draven, May I come in?" Albedo asked on the other side of the door as Draven sighed. "Yes Albedo, please come in." Draven said as the succubus entered the room with a worried look on her face as she sat next to Draven in the bed.

"Solution told us what happened Lord Draven, are you unharmed?" Albedo asked as she looked at him with worry in her eyes. "Physically I am fine, mentally is a different story. How could I overlook the possibly of them sending soldiers to hunt me down?" Draven grumbled time himself as he looked down deep in thought. "Lord Draven it is no fault of your own, you deserve to not worry about those things." Albedo said in a soothing tone as she petted Draven's hair. "It most certainly not alright! What if they send more of them? What if you, father, or anyone else in Nazarick get hurt because of me?!" Draven shouted as tears pricked the corners of his eyes as Albedo was taken aback.

Albedo smiled as she pulls Draven into a loving hug. "Lord Draven, you don't have to worry about any of us getting hurt, but it gives me great joy they you care so much." Albedo said as Draven returned the hug. The door was thrown open as both Albedo and Draven turned to see Shalltear standing there and she was fuming. "Lord Draven...you are not allowed to leave Nazarick for at a minimum three months!" Shalltear growled as she glared at the young Lord. Shalltear then marched up to Draven before quickly grabbing him and pulling him into a hug.

                 "Please never scare me like that again! You could have been taken away from us!" Shalltear said in a broken tone as she gently cried. Draven hugged Shalltear as he tried to calm her down. "I'm sorry Shalltear, I promise I won't disappear on you." Draven said as he tried to calm the vampire down. "You are to kind Lord Draven, you were willing to spare those people in Landschaft." Shalltear said as she regained her composure. "They were slaves to those in power just like me, I felt a sort of kinship to them." Draven said as he broke the hug with Shalltear. Draven spent the rest of the day with Albedo and Shalltear, he could worry later, right now he should enjoy himself.

So Draven was nearly kidnapped! Now there are the Ecliptic Blades to worry about. I'm thinking the Timeskip will be happening very soon, is there anything you want Draven to do as a child before he's aged up? Who are the Ecliptic Blades? What is the Council of Dominatalos planning in order to get Draven back? What will happen to Draven next in Nazarick? What will be the next step in the conquest? Find out in the next chapter of Overlord: Child of the Library!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

227K 3K 57
(crossover harem x male reader) You have no power whatsoever. You have been bullied because of this by everyone except for the headmasters, teachers...
468K 16.2K 53
Women in her village are expected to clean and cook, while the men and other boys are praised for their mighty hunting skills and swordsmanship. Fem...
61.8K 1.4K 61
[Complete!] Miza Akeri, in Yggdrasil known as Ilios, is one of two players left in the Great Tomb of Nazarick when the game ends. Or does it? Explore...
32.1K 918 36
On one of their earlier quests, Ainz is set to slay a monster that is said to be terrorizing the outskirts of the E-Rental, only to find a feisty lit...