Leaving the Past Behind (A Na...

By SophiaTWFan

Amelia's best friend left her to be in a band. He promises to keep in touch, but it's been 4 years and she's... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18 (Finale)

Chapter 12

566 8 0
By SophiaTWFan

~Amelia's POV~

"AMELIA! GET UP! IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY!" I groaned, and rolled over. No... Jeez let me sleep. Reed and Amy ran straight into my room and jumped onto me. Gah!

"Jeez, it's my birthday! Doesn't that make me able to do what I want?" I muttered and Reed laughed. He and Amy together were enough to knock the wind out of me.

"Get up, me and Amy are supposed to do whatever possible to get you out of the house till the party. I've planned everything, and you're gonna love my surprise. Now get up. We have to pick your outfit. You have to look perfect," Reed shook me. Why do I have to have look perfect?

"Wait, why? Can't I go in jeans and a shirt? With my wedges? Gee, Reed, when did you turn into a fashionista?" I laughed with Amy while Reed literally dragged me out of bed into the bathroom. I sighed and took a quick shower before pulling on a long sleeved shirt and jeans.

Reed and Amy were waiting in my car. Reed told me to drive to the mall nearby, and I did. Finally, we got out and Amy pulled me out. Reed proceeded to pull out his phone and showed me a list of things I had planned out.

•Wake Amelia up

•Get her arse to the mall

•Get her dress

•Quick break @ Starbucks

•Get shoes and accessories

•Get her home

•Amy will help out with dressing the birthday woman

"Birthday woman? The words 'lady' and 'girl' were erased from your vocab? Gee, thanks mate," Reed laughed at my comment. We headed shop after shop, and I was getting bored. Reed and Amy would toss me dresses and would changed before getting disapprovals from both Reed and Amy. I may want to be a wardrobe stylist, but for myself I chose comfort over fashion. But finally I spotted one on my own.

It was a strapless dress, ending just above the knees. It had a nice light blue shade to it, and when I spun around, it would fly out a little. A simple black ribbon was wrapped around the waist, ending with a bow on the front. I ran and grabbed it and tried it on before stepping out to face Amy and Reed.

Their jaws dropped when they saw it.

"Freaking brilliant! Genius!" Amy cried out, while Reed complimented on how it was perfect. I smiled, my enthusiasm levels much higher now that we only had to find Amy's dress. I took in her features.

Amy had long chestnut hair, a roundish face and brown eyes. She had, simply described doe eyes and an innocent face. I could picture the perfect dress for her and scanned around for something similar. Aha!

I grabbed a single shoulder hot pink dress. It had a sash belt and a flower on the shoulder. She squealed when I tossed it to her and ran to the fitting room. It was perfect!

We went to pay. Well, Reed paid, our mom had given him some cash to spend on our clothes. Then we went to Starbucks to grab a quick brunch before setting off to buy our shoes and accessories.

Shoe shopping was quick, we just had to match the shoes with the dress. I had bought a pair of simple nude heels, while Amy bought a pair of black pumps. I realised Reed hadn't gotten anything and asked him about it. He chuckled.

"The theme for your party is prom night, so all I gotta wear is a suit. Simple, so I don't have to buy anything," he replied. That wasn't fair. Why diid guys always have it easy when it came to fashion?

Next, we went to buy accessories. I had already planned in my mind what I had wanted to get. I bought a necklace with a simple silver heart pendant. Amy got herself a necklace with a sapphire pendant and a silver bracelet. And shopping was done.

We went home, and Reed covered my eyes until we got to my room. Amy and I laid everything on the bed and set off to 'work'.

"Alright, it's two hours till the party, so how do you want your hair and makeup done?" I told her, and she nodded and started. She started with my hair, then makeup. When she was done, I gasped in wonder.

"Amy, you are so freakin amazing!" I was stunned. She had applied a little brown eyeshadow, just enough to make it look natural. My lips were a luscious pink from the lip gloss. My hair was wavy ended in large, bouncy curls. She had done a wonderful job. Okay, my turn now.

She told me she wanted a natural look, but not too little makeup like mine. So I dabbed on some pink eyeshadow, and some pink lipstick. I added a little blusher, and her makeup was done. Her hair was similar to mine, but a lighter shade of brown and was shorter. I added a simple pink butterfly clip on her hair, and voila! Perfection!

We slipped on our dresses and shoes. Amy went back to her room to get her purse. I grabbed my blue clutch purse, and put my phone, some money and the letter from Nathan inside. Then Amy stepped into my room and asked, "Ready?"

I nodded, and I told Amy to go down first as I watched from around the corner. I needed to confirm a small thing first. I had a feeling a certain someone fancies Amy.

I watched as Reed's jaw dropped when he saw Amy. I knew it! I knew Reed liked her. He said a barely audible 'You're gorgeous' and I chuckled quietly to myself. Then I watched as he took her hand and walked off. I guess Reed had 'forgotten' about me. Oh right, this was a prom theme. How I wish Nathan was here now!

The party was in full swing in the backyard, and everyone stopped when I walked out. A chorus of 'Happy Birthday' greeted me, and I walked over to mom.

"Hey mom, where's Santana and Chloe? Don't tell me they got grounded again," Santana and Chloe were my mates after Nathan went away. Mom shot me a sympathetic look, before walking away. Santana has this ridiculous habit of getting in trouble before big events, causing them to be grounded, and Chloe being the older sister, gets grounded too. I shook my head. Oh well, I'll just watch Reed and Amy be all lovey dovey, then.

"Attention everyone, I need the birthday woman to come up here and sit on this VIP seat. Don't worry sis, we won't drown you again," Reed chuckled and I stepped forward cautiously. There were seats put up and I sat, Amy and Reed on my side. This was a sort of tradition. The birthday person has to do a dare. Simple right? Wrong. Knowing Reed, the dare was embarrassing or in any way humiliating. I grabbed the slip of paper from Reed.

-Sing-

One simple word changed the expression on my face, from cautious to horror. He wants me to freaking sing in front of a crowd. I hate him. I glared at him. No one else knew of the dare. Yet. I huffed an angry breath and stepped out onto the tall chair.

"So, my dare is to... Sing. What song, oh dear Reed? I swear I will get you back on this," I hissed. Reed and a few others laughed, and I was pretty sure if my face was any redder, the colour would clash horribly with my dress. Reed whispered the song choice in my ear and my eyes widened. You've got to be freakin kidding me. I asked for someone to lend me a guitar, and Amy passed me one. It looked familiar. But this wasn't mine, mine's in London. Whatever. I strummed a little.

Words travel fast

So you spend all your time in your head

What's the point in that?

Cause words never last

What you say now is not what you said

And I'm okay with that

You’re keeping yourself tied up,

So you won’t let me down

Didn’t you ever think, just maybe

I’ll understand you

Just give me the chance to

Love you more than you’ll ever know

Even if it means I gotta let you go…

With or without me,

Baby you should be happy

If you’re heading down another road

Don’t you leave me with nowhere to go

Don’t let me be the last to know, yeah

I strummed the instrumental, engrossed in my song to worry about the audience. I took a deep breath to sing the next part, but was interrupted.

Don’t let me be the last to know

You take all I have,

Still I pour you a half-empty glass,

What’s the point in that?

And all I ever asked

Is that you tell me when this is not enough,

Cause if it’s real love

I turned my head to see Nathan and the lads singing. My hands shot up to my mouth. Oh no, they heard me sing again? Isn't once enough? I sang the chorus and bridge, and sang along to the final chorus. I sang the final line, ending off with a quiet but emotional voice. The crowd burst out in cheers, applause and whoops. I flushed red, The Wanted really brought the screams. Nathan turned to me.

I crashed my lips on his soft ones. I've missed his touch, his warm moist lips on mine. My hands wrapped around his neck, and his around my waist. His tongue begged entrance, which I granted with a gasp. I let him dominate me. The kiss was heavily laden with need and desperation.

He pulled away as a few throats being cleared became audible. Both our faces were flushed, and we chuckled as Reed whooped, causing the small crowd to scream and cheer.

"I thought you had a very important gig tonight?" I asked. He chuckled throatily.

"You're very important babe. Reed planned the whole thing. And might I add, you are gorgeous," I blushed at his compliment and tried to deny it but Tom cut in.

"No denying mate, Nathan couldn't stop the flies entering his mouth," I giggled as Nathan's cheeks flamed red. I hugged him and he kissed the top of my head. The music turned up again, and Nathan dragged me onto the dance floor. We both had had quite a bit to drink, and I was feeling a little tipsy.

He dragged me up to my room, away from noise and people. He knew when I was tipsy I don't think straight. That's why I've never been full out drunk, no matter how much I have been tempted too. I pulled him onto my bed and kissed him, and I could feel his smile against my lips.

"You're adorable when you're drunk, you know that," he muttered and I felt a little... Upset? Why was I upset? My mind spoke out.

"How would you know? When you left we were 14. Back then, the closest thing I had to beer were fizzy drinks, and I doubt that gets me drunk," I clapped my hand over my mouth as soon as those words slipped out. He chuckled and repeated his statement. I poked him in his stomach, and he doubled over.

"You're still weak? Gee, I had thought being around older guys would toughen you up a little," I laughed and he poked me back, but 4 years of being friends with Amy, I had grown immune to such childish behaviour. Reed always said I behaved older than I should, but I didn't believe that.

"Oh, here's your present," Nathan handed me a small wrapped box. I chided him for getting me a present, but he just sighed and asked me to me to open it. I peeled off the wrapping to find a simple silver heart pendant. Engraved on one side of the heart was 'Nathan & Amelia' and on the other side 'BFF' was engraved in similar cursive.

"Oh thank you Nath, this is wonderful!" I hugged him. I took off my necklace and replaced the first pendant with Nathan's one. Then I changed, gave him a last peck on the cheek, and fell asleep.

~Nathan's POV~

I watched as she slept. She was so peaceful. I had managed to get her to change into shorts and a long sleeved t-shirt. She always wore long sleeves, especially when she was around people. Why? I lay beside her as she tossed and turned.

Her sleeve rode up a little and I saw why she always covers up. Her arms were full of slashes and cuts, ones she had most probably done to herself. Why would she do this to herself? I lightly traced my fingers over her scars, feeling her flinch if I pressed a little too hard. Who would ever think so lowly of themselves to actually harm their own selves?

She was sleeping on her side, so I lay down beside her and wrapped an arm around her waist. Her deep breathing calmed me, and I fell asleep soon after.

Author's Note: Helo there! Nothng much to say, so fan, comment or vote! Thanks for actually reading this!

~Sophia

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.2K 278 37
After a whole year, Amelia comes face to face with her past. Again. This time, though, she's determined to confront it.
4.9K 68 18
Charlotte McGuiness just graduated college and is getting ready for the real life. She goes with her brother, Jay who is a boyband member, in London...
362 0 17
Amelia and Noah have been best friends since they were 5. Now they are seniors in highschool, both 17, and hang out all of the time... but when Noah...
85.8K 2.9K 33
Grayson’s band has been playing gigs and working on expanding their fan base. After four years they are finally reading to go out on their own, inste...