Blood Doesn't Make Family

By AngelbabeLove

Her family avoids her as much as they can. Until one day, it all changes. She finds out the hidden truth. Wil... More

Chapter I
Chapter II
Chapter III
Chapter IV
Chapter VI
Chapter VII
Chapter VIII
Chapter IX
Chapter X
Chapter XI
Chapter XII
Epilogue
Note

Chapter V

7.5K 165 54
By AngelbabeLove

(Callen's POV)

"We screwed up, didn't we?" Danny whispered; I nodded my head.

"Go get ready, let's go and visit Elsa at the hospital, maybe we will get our sister back," I told them. They look determined to get Elsa back, they got ready in less than 30 minutes, Dad drove us to the hospital. Ben was entering the hospital when we reach,

"Ben!" I called out, he turned and saw us, he gave us a small smile.

"What's that?" I asked pointing to a bag he was holding,

"Oh that, E, asked for few books and instead of borrowing, I brought it for her, she loves to add to her collection" Ben chuckled softly. My sister loved to read, and I did not know anything about it.

"You don't about her collection, do you?" Ben questioned my brothers and me. We shook our heads.

"I was right, you guys don't know a single thing about your own sister, no wonder she loves spending time in my house" Ben stated, we blushed in embarrassment.

He led us to Elsa's room, we saw mum and Sophia chatting with Bella,

"Hey, E I got you the books you wanted" Ben spoke while entering the room,

"Really! Ben, you are the best, wait did you buy the books? I asked you to borrow it for me!" Elsa scolded Ben he took it while nodding,

"Alright, alright, it's my thanksgiving gift for you," Ben consoled her, and she calmed down after that. She then noticed us in the room, she stopped smiling and had a blank face on,

"Why are you guys here?" She asked us emotionlessly, we, the boys, froze.

"Yeah, why are you here? My best friend needs to recover not be hurt more" we heard a voice behind us, we turned to see an Asian looking girl entering the room.

"Hey, Anna, your parents dropped you off right?" Ben asked her, she nodded.

She looked back at me expecting an answer while she sat on Elsa's bed.

"She is my sister; I have the rights to be here" I answered confidently.

"Hahaha, that was the biggest joke I heard so far" Sophia laughed, Ben hushed her.

I saw Anna reading Elsa medical chart, "Hey, El, you have a concussion, did they give you the meds for it yet?" she asked while reading the chart. I was shocked how did she know that from reading a chart.

"No, they cannot give it to me yet, I am just coming out of surgery a few hours ago, if they give it to me the side effects will be untreatable. You know this was the topic we have for essay for the holidays. I have more things to write now" Elsa chuckled, and once again I am confused as hell.

"Your sister's IQ is off the chart. She is now in FSS, that school is for students with high IQ and it's a combination of high school and university" Ben whispered to my brothers and I before walking back to Elsa, he kissed her forehead and bid farewell. When I saw that I was jealous, I should be the one kissing her forehead, not Ben. Ben saw my expression and he smirked.

"I, we are sorry Elsa" I started but was cut off by my sister,

"I am sorry, but I have no time to listen to fake apologise, I have assignments to do and books to read," she said calmly, that was when I decided that I will show her my apology through actions.

"Hey, Elsa, I have got you your medical reports. You can use this for your essay assignments" a doctor entered smiling, he passed Elsa a file, and she squealed when she flipped through the file.

"Hey, calm down, you need to be careful of your ribs" the doctor warned her. She nodded her head.

"Did you cut your hair?" Danny question, Elsa looked up shocked and she blushed while nodding her head.

"You look cute" Danny commented,

"Thank you" Elsa smiled. He made a good move and gained her smile.

"Okay, Elsa I am leaving if you have any questions or doubts feel free to call me or my head. He is excited to meet you after I told him about you," the doctor spoke,

"You mean, Dr James? Dr James?" Elsa looked surprised and the doctor nodded,

"OMG! I so want to meet him" Elsa shouted excitedly. The doctor laugh and left saying he will be back with the head in a few hours. I need to get back my sister before she distances herself more from me.

Jason's POV

I cannot believe that my sister is laying on a hospital bed. I was aware that she did not come last night. I thought she slept over at a friend house or something. I did not think the next time I will see her it will be at a hospital. My heart was hurting to see her smile while she was injured. She was smiling with Ben, while with us, her own brothers she was emotionless. She had a blank face. I guess we must blame ourselves for it. We deserved that; I mean we were not even there for the past few years. We let our parents handle it, and the look from it only mum was taking care of her lowkey.

I mean when Ben passed her books Dad looked as surprised as us. When her doctor in charge was talking about medical reports and some essays, our minds went blank. We could not understand their conversation. Strangers that met her yesterday knows Elsa better that her own dad and brothers.

I left the room to take a breather. "You okay?" Ben asked when he saw me standing outside.

"I don't know what I am feeling at the moment, it is a lot to take in" I answered him honestly.

"Oh, I get it, you are hurt that your baby sister is injured. I know what you feel. I will be the same if Sop was on the bed. E is like my sister and it hurts to see my sister injured," Ben said. I looked at him in confusion, was I feeling hurt for my sister.

"Honestly, Ben, today is the first time I am looking at my sister in her eyes after so many years. I hardly talk to her or spend time with her," I told Ben, now he was looking at me with a frown.

"What do you mean? E always told me that she watches you play football. She told me that she does her assignments with you. And that you were her role model" Ben informed me, and I started to feel worse. I shook my head to reject all he said, "She lied to me. I see, but she did come to see all your games with Sop, that is true, I drop them and pick them at every game" Ben said. I looked at him shocked, I did not know that she came to my games. I mean I heard rumours that there was a girl that looked like me at the games. I always shook them off, looks like they were talking about Elsa.

"Well, it looks to me that you have a lot to learn and make up for. Tell you what, I will help you to know your sister better. Or else it might be too late for you to get to know her" Ben said before leaving. I watch his back disappearing while I was thinking about what he said. He is right, I must make up for all the missing years. I shall take one step at a time.

I went back in to see Sophia and Elsa cuddling and asleep on the bed. I saw my dad and brothers, in deep thought while mum was covering the girls with a blanket, smiling.

"Guys lets go get something to eat. The girls will be sleeping for a long time," Mum pulled us out of the room. We walked to the cafeteria silently, we brought our food and sat down. No one touched their food.

"Alright, starting from John, tell me what is in your minds," Mum spoke feeling the tension in our mind.

"I made a mistake, and now I don't know a thing about my daughter," Dad stress out,

"Ma, I did not mean to ignore her, I thought she was taking you guys away from me, but now, she is here and it looks like she does not need us anymore" Callen spoke sadly.

"Cal is right Ma, I think I am losing my sister to some strangers" I spoke softly,

"Elsa is growing up too fast and I missed out most of her life, I am supposed to be her best friend and best brother, but here I am, watching her laugh with some other guy" Danny voiced out.

"mmm, all of us indeed messed up," Mum started, we started to say something, but she stopped us with her hand.

"Elsa is not like normal children, I think you notice that in the room, the way she communicates with people. The way she controls her emotions perfectly. Your sister is smarter than all of us, she has written essays and papers that have been praised by professors all over the world, while the whole world knows her, she has 4 men and who share DNA with her, ignoring and avoiding her," Mum continues while we looked at our food in embarrassment, she was right,

"Yes, I know that I acted like I did not care about her. But I was there for her throughout her tears and falls. I was there when she needs permission for something, I was there to make sure she does not fall sick, I knew you guys did not love her as your sister. To avoid you guys from hurting her, I avoided my daughter as much as possible, but you guys, when was the last time you wished her for her birthday or spent time with her?," Mum questioned us. She was hitting all the facts, we always made plans on her birthday, it was first started with Callen, and I followed then Danny. Soon all of us were never free for her birthday. Only mum stayed home, but I do not think mum celebrated her birthday grandly or cut a cake with her.

For our birthdays there were always parties, and she was always there standing at the corner of the room. She was there every year, wait, she was not there this year.

"Ma, she was not there for my birthday party last week" I spoke out wondering,

"Oh, she had a valid reason for that, she was at school and had some extra research to do for assignments, she came home around 1 am. She was at the school library until 11 pm" mum answered.

"You are lying, which school library opens until 11 pm?" Dad questioned Mum.

"John, you forgot that Elsa is studying at FSS, its school had dormitories and it's the library is 24/7" Mum answered him.

"Wait, FSS, as is Fakern Special School?" Callen asked shocked,

"How did she get into that school; she is still young, and their entrance examination is very hard" Danny questioned.

"That is for me to know, and for you guys to ask Elsa about it. Let us eat and go back" Mum ended the conversation and started to eat her lunch.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.4K 363 31
Life starts off just the way she like it growing up until it changes and she has to adapt to the point where it's all new. then when she get used to...
861 123 21
She really thought it was all for the best. After Everything she did, was it worthwhile? This is a story where Everyone intertwines with someone, pat...
846K 22.8K 46
(Under editing) Y/n who is innocent,sweet, childish,kind girl was happily leaving with her mother. But one day she get's to know that her mother is...
85K 2.3K 33
Y/N had always looked up to her older brothers but they never even seemed to realize that she exists. So what happens when one day, she's left with a...