Child of a Myth | A Percy Jac...

Par inimootheberry

Percy Jackson has been sent on a mysterious quest to a wizarding school two months after the murder of his mo... Plus

Important Points
Discovering Percy
Harry Wants An Explanation
Katie Bell? Or Is It Gardner?
Thestrals, Angry Twigs and a New Demigod
The Sorting Ceremony
Magic and Myth
Classes
Are You Ok?
Roman's Dad
Draco's Not a Stalker
Pleasure To Meet You Elliot
Something Words Can't Explain
i dont remember how this story ends

Weirdos In Bathrobes

8.9K 166 228
Par inimootheberry

Read the Important Points Chapter before reading this. Also, bold text will probably be for Author Notes, Chapter Names, or if I have to do an italic but everything is in italics. ex:
"because I wanted to,"

I'm actually serious when I say that this chapter and the next absolutely suck. God, they are terrible. The only thing you need to know is someone dies and you'll still find out even if you skip this chapter. 

TW: Death

Chapter 1 - Weirdoes in Bathrobes

"Um...we're not interested?" Percy didn't really know what to say as he observed the weird looking people in bathrobes. Interesting fashion choice. What were they thinking when they looked in the mirror today? 

Percy imagined them giving their kids hugs before saying, "Bye guys! By the way, don't you LOVE this outfit I got!" and then his wife's like, "It's gorgeous honey!" and then he's all like, "I know! And it was 40% off! Plus there was a deal where if I get this," he pulls out a mask, "I get this thing for FREE!" 

Percy observed the strange people. For a second they didn't say anything, then, one of them began to speak,

 "Hello Perseus, we have come from far to meet you," 

He immediately grabbed Riptide, and began to fidget with it in pen form. Only his enemies or friends know his real name, 

"Who are you?" Percy surprised himself with how much confidence he spoke with. That was probably what happens when you lead an army. 

The weirdos in dresses started to whisper excitedly, 

He speaks like the Dark Lord!

He will be wonderful!

Exactly who we'll need

Blast that Potter

He even has a nose!

"Excuse me," Percy growled, "I need you to answer my question. Who are you?" 

Even though Percy couldn't see their faces, he could tell they were smiling, "Well Perseus Riddle-" 

"You've got the wrong guy Mr. Bathrobe Man. That's not my last name, so go find that unfortunate person and leave me alone," 

Percy slammed the door in their faces. He immediately ran to where his mom and younger sister Estelle were, (Paul was on a field trip with his students)

Sally was standing in the doorway staring at the front door in horror, she clutched a whimpering Estelle. 

"Mom?" Percy said uncertainly. 

Sally was a strong woman, she only got scared when her family was in danger, which meant that those bathrobes people were endangering his family. Percy got his loyalty mainly from his mother, who was kind but fierce when she wanted to be. I mean, she turned Gabe into a statue (not that he was complaining) after Percy finally found out about his dad. 

"Percy," she said, tears were in her eyes, "Oh Percy, we have to leave."

 Her son gripped her shoulders, "Mom, who were they? Monsters?" 

Sally shook her head, "From your grandfather," 

He flinched. 

"Your other grandfather Percy, on my side. But you might as well call him the same thing. He was just as disgustingly evil," she said this with utmost distaste. 

"Percy, my baby boy," Sally had tears running down her cheeks, "Please don't be mad. I only hid it from you so that you could be safer," 

The demigod chuckled quietly, "You know that didn't work out the first time, mom," 

The woman clutched Estelle closer to her, "I just wish... that you could have had a childhood. I tried to give you one but..." she smiled sadly, "I guess you were always destined to stand out, with a family like yours. Estelle..." 

She kissed her 7-month-old daughter's head, "She's just the same as you. Powerful, magical..."

Percy was confused and scared, "Mom, please don't tell me Estelle's a demigod," 

"No, she's not a demigod. She's magical on my side of the family. Guess she inherited my gifts,"

He stumbled backward, "Woah, Woah, Woah. Mom, you have powers? Are you like, a god? No, you can't be! Then I wouldn't be mortal! Please explain," 

Sally smiled sadly, "Percy, me and Estelle, and obviously you too... we have magic that runs in our veins. You know those people over there?" 

Percy looked back at the doorway, "The Bathrobe guys?" 

Sally laughed, "Yes, the bathrobe guys. They're followers of my father... Voldemort," she said the name with such hatred, Percy was almost scared. 

"That crazy power-hungry snake. He knew I was powerful, he knew I was young. So he tried to corrupt me. I only ever saw him for what he truly was... when I found out that he was the one who sent the man that turned my best friend into a werewolf, I was young at the time, maybe your age. But, I never looked at him the same way again. I stopped practicing the Dark Arts, and I ran to America, met the Jacksons, and lived with them," she looked into Percy's sea-green eyes, "You know the rest of the story Perce," 

"Mom," his voice shook with anger. This... excuse for a human, made his mother hurt,

 "Is he gone?" 

Sally nodded slowly, "My baby boy... All grown up." fresh tears rolled down her cheeks. 

Percy pulled both Sally and Estelle into an embrace, he buried his face into her shoulder, "I love you, Mom. You know my fatal flaw, right? Loyalty. Athena herself told me. I'll never leave you, I'll never leave Estelle and Paul, I'll never leave Annabeth and the Seven and the camps. Child of the prophecy, you know? Destined to save the world since I was born," 

Sally hugged her son even harder, "You did a pretty good job of it too, Perce," 

"I could have saved them. Beckendorf, Bianca, Zoe, Selena, Michael, Luke," his voice shook harder now, "all my other friends. I could have saved them, mom. I knew every one of them,"

Sally shushed him, "Percy, they died a hero's death. They're celebrating in Elysium, you know. Bianca and Luke? Living a new life. And Zoe? She's running across the heavens, with her bow drawn," she broke away and handed Percy Estelle.

The silver streaks running through her hair, tickling Percy's chin. 

She went over to the wall, and pulled out a long stick from a box that always remained locked on her bedside table, "Revelet Deus Absconsa Tua," a small piece of the wall disappeared, inside was a small dusty old shelf with one thing on it, a locket. 

She brought the locket out with shaking hands, and brought it back to Percy, "This was my mother's locket," Sally explained, as Percy studied it. It was made of gold and silver, with a red ruby in the shape of a shield around it. 

"Before that, it was her mother's. The first daughter of the family to have a daughter, would get the locket. It's magical, you see. Works only for the mind of a girl. When Estelle was born, the locket appeared in her crib. Percy," she looked up at her son, "Help me make sure no one apart from a Goldcrest woman gets this. It's my mother's maiden name. It's powerful magic," 

He nodded. The  woman smiled, "I love you Percy, I love Estelle and I love Paul. I love all of your crazy stupid but brilliant makeshift family. Tell them that, will you?" 

Then, the door flew open.

-

Standing in the doorway, with the door blasted off, were the group of followers that Sally had told Percy about. He got up and shielded the two while Sally quickly tied the locket around Estelle's neck. She kissed her forehead and whispered, "I love you my shooting-star," (If you didn't know, Estelle means star)

She ran into the bedroom with her and came out a second later with her blue eyes alive with newfound ferocity.

"You," she said angrily, "Are not welcome here,"

The Death Eaters (though Percy didn't know what they were called) seemed to shuffle nervously. I guess they remembered the last time they messed with me, Sally thought. Beside her, Percy uncapped Riptide and got into a fighting stance.

"Sally Alera Riddle," a man snarled, "Or should I say, Jackson? Or perhaps the name you took when you married that muggle, and had that half-breed as a child, Blofis?"

Sally snarled as she pointed her wand at the man, "Stay away from my family, Carrow,"

He laughed, "Oh my dear Sally, you really need to learn when to hold your tongue. Still haven't learned at all have you?" I

f possible, Sally seemed to get even madder, "Ede faecam you, Leno," she growled. Of course, only Percy knew what she had said because it was in Latin. He snorted, this made a particular Death Eater angry and tried to shoot a spell at him, but he easily dodged it with his sword, it bounced off and hit a vase.

And so, furious, she fired her first shot, a blast of oranger hit Carrow straight in the chest. His mask came off and huge ugly boils spread around his face. He screamed in agony and dropped to the floor clutching his face.

Sally cocked her head to the side, "Oh dear, Carrow. Are you alright?" she turned to the rest, "Why doesn't one of you try to help him?"

They stayed still for a second before a woman but the looks of her body raised her wand and yelled "Crucio!"

Sally waved her wand again, "Protego!"

A shield as blue as her eyes appeared and blocked the spell, hitting it right back at the woman who dodged it.

She just sighed, "Well Belatrix, I would have hoped that after Molly killed you, you would've accepted your fate, and stayed dead. But," she shrugged, "It seems you have come to die here,"

She sent a glance at her son, "You ready, my little hero?"

Percy smiled but doesn't lose focus on the Death Eaters, "Ready as I'll ever be,"
And together they charged.

Percy's P.O.V (I'm not going to do a lot of these)

Number One rulesChiron had always taught him Play to your opponents' weaknesses. Rule Number Two: Never underestimate an enemy that you don't understand.

Percy kept both of these in mind as he slashed at the Death Eaters, and dodged their spells. Carrow was being rather distracting as he clutched his face which was sporting many boils, so he knocked him out. Then, he ducked under another person's legs whilst he shot a spell the place where he had been last. He stabbed him in the shoulder (something he had learned at Camp Jupiter) promptly making his wand useless.

He hit him in the back of the head with the butt of his sword. The Death Eater almost crumpled, but Percy caught him and uses his body as a human shield to block a spell from another person.

He remarked that they were probably a girl based on her body, "Stupefy!"

Pre-Legionnaire experience Percy would have shouted "Thanks, but I can't really afford to become more stupid!" But he assumed she probably meant to Stun him.

The red sparks hit the man straight in the chest. He grabbed his wand from his hand and concentrated hard, imagining red sparks flying at the woman, stunning her, "STUPEFY!" he roared, putting a lot of energy into it.

He may have put a little too much. A huge beam of light struck her straight in the head, and she promptly collapsed, completely motionless.

"Sorry!" he called, as he dodged another spell, this time green.

"We could use your magic, Perseus! Join us!" he called as he shot another spell at him.

Percy dodged the spell with his sword and ran over to him. "You sound like a cliche horror movie!" he yelled as he knocked the wand out of his hand.

The man growled in frustration as he leaped forward.

Weakness - Extreme anger issues.

Percy stepped backward and smirked, "Have I made you angry Mr. Bathrobe Man?"

The Death Eater tried to throw a punch but Percy dodged it by leaning over, "What did your friends say when they saw you in that outfit?"

He seemed to get even madder, "They know NOTHING about the world the Dark Lord was going to create!"

Percy kicked where the sun didn't shine, he dropped to his knees, with Percy looming over him,

"So they didn't like it? Honestly, I'd have to agree with them," he crouched low to face him, "So tell me, why do you think Voldemort is the answer? What did you do to deserve such a pitiful life?"

The man said nothing as he stared at the hurricane that was brewing in his eyes, "Nothing to say? Well, that's too bad," He punched him in the face, knocking him unconscious.

Sally's P.O.V

Fighting Bellatrix sucked, they knew each other too well. Because, besides Remus, Bella and Sally were the best of friends. That changed when she joined her father.

"Bella," Sally said as she cast another shield spell, "You never told me why you joined Voldemort,"

Bellatrix faltered for a second before regaining her posture, "It's because," she replied trying to send a Full-Body Bind Curse at her, "This world is meant to be ruled by purebloods. Everything else is below us!"

Sally ducked under the spell before sending a Tarantallegra curse at her, "Oh please Bella, we would've died out ages ago! You said it yourself, your parents were related!"

Bellatrix jumped out of the way, "Our blood still would've still been PURE!" she cast the Sectumsempra curse at her.

Sally casted another shield charm, "And we would've married out SIBLINGS!" she yelled as she sent the tickling charm at her.

Bellatrix immediately recognized it, and she jumps over it right in time, "How dare you! I told you I was ticklish out of trust!" she clamped her hand over her mouth.

She rolled her eyes, "It wasn't a huge secret, was it? I'd bet even Flitwick knew," Bellatrix set a volley of curses at her, Sally dodged every singly one "Oh come on!" she growled.

Amusement danced in her blue eyes, "I was always better at these things Bella. Although, your sister, Andromeda, gave me a run for my money!"

Bellatrix sent the Avis charm at her, "NEVER TALK ABOUT THAT FILTHY BLOOD TRAITOR AGAIN!"

"Bella," Sally said shooing away the birds with the Augmenti charm, "She was in love. You can't blame her for that. If you do, then you really have changed. You're not that little girl that invited me over to sleepover with her sisters and gossip about the fifth years"

The memories brought tears to both the womans' eyes, "SHE MARRIED A MUD-BLOOD SCUM SAL!" She cried,.

Bellatrix shot the Sectumsempra curse at her. Her eyes widened the second before it hit her, huge gashes appeared on her chest. Bella watched in horror as she crumpled to the floor, her son running towards her, screaming.

"Sally," she breathed softly. But she was gone, her usual eyes that were full of life were blank and unknowing.

-

"Mom. Mom, please no... MOM!" Percy screamed for what seemed like hours, but no matter how hard he yelled, or how much he asked, Sally was gone. Off to the land of Hades.

He cradled her head and cried into her soft brown hair, "Mom..." he whispered, "Please don't go,"

Percy fished a golden drachma from his pocket and placed it in her hand.

A sudden cry woke him from slumber, Estelle. Percy got up shakily and walked over to the bedroom. He opened the door and saw... her head? He ran over to her floating head. "Estelle, where's your body?'

The baby squealed and turned around on her back raising her arms, "Perfy!"

He smiled and picked her up, her entire came into view with a silver cloak falling off her. What the actual f*ck is that?

"Mommy?" Estelle had somehow gotten the blessing of Athena making her much smarter than the average baby.

How she had somehow befriended her without ever meeting her, Percy had no idea. The endless pain resettled into Percy's chest. He ran back into the mess that was called the living room and fell to his knees in front of their mother's lifeless body.

"Mommy!" Estelle cried, she pushed Percy off her and crawled over to her mother. She started to shake her, "Mommy! Up!" But Sally remained still.

Percy went over and hugged his now crying sister, "Estelle..." he said, "Why is it always us? I'm so so sorry..."

"Perfy, Mommy not up!"

This only made Percy cry harder, "Estelle, I'm sorry... I couldn't protect her,"

Just then the door flew open, and standing there were the Seven, Nico, and Thalia. Their eyes swept over the room covered in craters and scorch marks, and then they saw Percy.

"Sally," Hazel breathed.

Then all Hades went loose, the group of teenagers ran over to the family,

"Oh Hades, Percy..." Annabeth hugged him, hard.
"Sally..." Thalia had always had a soft spot for the woman, "WHO DID THIS?"

Percy stared at the floor, hugging Estelle harder, "I have another f*cking evil grandpa. His followers did this,"

"I'm going to kill them," Hazel's golden eyes flashed dangerously.

"She'll go to Elysium, Percy," Nico assured him, "I'll make sure of it. She deserves it. Putting up with all the crap from the gods, she fought things she couldn't see for Zeus' sake!"

"She was a mortal who fought an immortal war, if anyone deserves it, it's her," Annabeth said.

Percy nodded, "There was something else she hid from me." he said quietly.

Everyone turned their attention to him, "What is it?" Leo asked, this was one of the rare moments where Leo couldn't crack a joke.

"She and Estelle, they're ... magical."

"Demigods?" Piper asked.

Percy shook his head, then pointed at her hand, where a dark oak wand lay, "They all used things like that. They shot spells out of it,"

"So..." Jason started, "Wizards?"

"Witches, actually. But we don't even know if that's the truth," Annabeth said.

Hazel spoke up, "Never mind that, she deserves a proper burial,"

They all nodded, "Greek. She was closer to the Greeks, we should do it that way," Piper said.

"Let's go to Camp, Nico can you bring someone?"

He shrugged, "Mrs. Oleary can bring Piper, Leo, and Frank. Jason and Thalia can go with Tempest if he comes.

Hazel can come with me. Percy, you think Blackjack will come with Estelle?" Percy nodded, "He always does, but what if Estelle can't get through the barrier?"

"We won't know until we try it out," Jason replied. They all got up, Percy handed Estelle to Hazel (who was the best with kids) and thought in his head Blackjack, can you give a ride to camp?

'Course boss, were you at?

At my apartment, warning, there's a body

Who's?

Percy paused, mustering up the courage to get the few words out, Mom.

There was silence, then, all in five seconds, Blackjack and Tempest came in through the balcony and Mrs. O'leary shadow traveled into the room, taking up half of the room. Leo and Hazel picked up Sally, and Mrs. O'leary let out a cry of sadness, apart from Percy, Sally was her favorite mortal. And as she was a dog from the underworld, she knew she was dead.

Blackjack tentatively sniffed her head, then let out a low whinny. Tempest bowed low so Thalia and Jason could mount him. Blackjack didn't say anything to Percy as she was carried over to Mrs. O'leary.

Hazel handed a crying Estelle back to Percy, and they all got on their respected methods of travel. "I'm sorry Estelle," Percy said as she clung to his neck.

And together, Tempest and Blackjack lifted into the sky, while Mrs. O'leary sunk into the shadows.

----------------------------------------

I can't with my old writing. This was only five months ago?

It gets better

Sincerely,

Future Inimoo

----------------------------------------------

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

352 7 12
Percy Jackson is finally enjoying life. The summer before college starts and his new life in New Rome with Annabeth. But the gods aren't done yet. Pe...
251 15 13
Percy Jackson and other Demigods are sent back in time to Hogwarts to save the wizarding world. Credit goes to JKR and Rick, thank you guys for makin...
792 47 25
✰ 𝗼.𝗼 𝐭𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐝 ██████████ ⋘ 𝑙𝑜𝑎𝑑𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑑𝑎𝑡𝑎... ⋙ ❛our little group it's always been and always will until the end❜ .•° ✿ °•...
160K 2.1K 14
[Completed] This takes place after the Deathly Hallows and after the Giant War. Nobody important dies, thankfully, nobody at Hogwarts is a demigod...