A Side Character's Mission ↠...

By inuoyekoichi

On Han Seungeun's birthday, he received his previous' life memories and a mission; create a system for the pr... More

Before You Read
Chapter 1: A Side Character's Mission
Chapter 2: First Dungeon
Chapter 3: Welcome, Player
Chapter 4: The Fight
Chapter 5: Stop Sulking
Chapter 6: C-rank Dungeon
Chapter 7: The Awakened Boss
Chapter 8: Emergency Quest
Chapter 9: Hospital Visit
Chapter 10: Worry
Chapter 12: Progress
Chapter 13: An Unexpected Incident
Chapter 14: Safety First
Chapter 15: Job Quest
Chapter 16: Swordmanship Training
Chapter 17: Misunderstanding
Chapter 18: Enigma
Chapter 19: Red Gate
Chapter 20: Stranded
Chapter 21: the Dead of Winter
Chapter 22: Ice Elves
Chapter 23: Baruka
Chapter 24: Disaster
Chapter 25: Breaking Point
Chapter 26: Unfairness
Chapter 27: Changes
Chapter 28: Re-evaluation
Chapter 29: Torturous
Chapter 30: High Orcs
Chapter 31: Behind the Scene
Chapter 32: Kargalgan
Chapter 33: Shadow
Chapter 34: Shadow (2)
Chapter 34.1: Bad End
Chapter 35: The New S-rank Hunters
Chapter 36: The Plan
Chapter 37: Pretender
Chapter 38: Pretender (2)
Chapter 39: Pretender (3)
Chapter 40: Before the Raid
Chapter 41: Jeju Island 1
Chapter 42: Jeju Island 2
Chapter 43: Jeju Island 3
Chapter 44: The Queen's Last Roar
Chapter 45: An Unseen Threat
Chapter 46: The Ant King 1
Chapter 47: The Ant King 2
Chapter 48: Final Confrontation 1
Chapter 49: Final Confrontation 2
Chapter 50: Final Confrontation 3
Chapter 51: Final Confrontation 4
Chapter 52: Final Confrontation 5
Chapter 53: Farewell (End)
Final Words

Chapter 11: Pawns

3.6K 258 30
By inuoyekoichi

"Hae-Seong!" The said male halted his footsteps and turned around to the source of the voice.

A girl around his age was running in the hallway with a book in hand. She quickly passed it towards him before dashing off to meet with another two girls waiting on the corner of the wall. They giggled before disappearing from his sight.

"Huh?" Hae-Seong looked at the red book on his hand. There was a yellow
sticky note and a single word 'fighting!'. With a questioning look, he put it away and read the title, 'How to Be an Expert Playboy'.

Hae-Seong's face became gloomy.

---

After a week of staying in the hospital, Seung-Eun could finally take off the cast and the thick gauze around his head. The secret behind the fast recovery wasn't because of his regeneration but taking health potion  from the system every two days. Although it was possible to recover 100% of his health with one potion, he didn't want to arouse suspiciousness from the people around him.

The doctors had to do second check up in bewilderment before reluctantly letting him go. They could only conclude that it was some sort of unexplainable abilities of a Hunter to be able to recover this fast.

Se-Yoon picked him up from the hospital and then dropped him off at their apartment using his car. Since the older man used his lunch break and needed to go back to work, Seung-Eun was left alone together with the quietness of the place.

After taking care of his stuff, he opened the translucent blue window to do a daily check up on the protagonist. Jin-Woo didn't visit him earlier, presumably, he was working in a Dungeon.

True to his guess, Jin-Woo was inside a hollow tunnel together with other Hunters. One of them was dressed in a suit and leather shoes and three were wearing orange uniform, notably used by inmates. There was also Song Chi-Yul, Seung-Eun's teacher in swordman ship. The rest look normal.

It wasn't uncommon for inmates to reduce their sentences by serving in the Dungeons so Seung-Eun didn't pay any head towards it. If anything happened to Jin-Woo, and when his life was below certain percentage, he would get transported to another safe place.

This system given for the mission had many access including showing the location of uncleared Dungeons. They were ranged with colours. Blue means E, green means, D, orange means C, yellow means B, red means A, and black means S rank. The last one was rare to appear. Though, the system was impressive, the consequence was also horrifying.

The destruction of this world...

Even Seung-Eun fell sick for a week after hearing the news.

Beside that, it could open a portal that can teleport him to any places around the world. It was almost similar to the Gate that connected the human world to Dungeons.

Using this advantage, Seung-Eun opened a portal on the floor which showed another ground and a cherry blossom tree. He expertly stepped on the branch and closed the portal before hopping down with a small 'thud'. The soft pink leaves rustles and swayed gently in the air.

The surrounding showed an open place; old buildings, few people walking on the pavement and cars that occasionally passed by on the road. Two vehicles were parked on the side road. One of them was a van while the other was a small black car. Near it was a short female worker with a bob-hair cut.

Seung-Eun approached her and asked, "Is there any Dungeon here? My friend entered it a while ago."

"Yes, who is your friend?"

"Hunter Sung Jin-Woo."

"They have been inside for forty minutes." The woman pointed to the blue Gate in the middle of the road.

"Okay, I guess I'll wait." He walked back to the tree and sat down under the shades.

After the incident involving the private raid, Jin-Woo was called by Jin-Ho to go with him to raid another C-rank Dungeons. Apparently, the reason Jin-Ho went to the Dungeon a week ago was to gain experience so he could be a Guild Master, the Guild created by his rich father.

It was only a coincidence that Seung-Eun knew this.

'It's not like I'm spying on him... haha nope.'

Privacy... he had gone too far beyond return.

Also, Jin-Woo discovered the hidden key to the S-rank Dungeon.

[Item: Demon Castle's key]
Item class: S
Type: Key
A key that allows you to enter Dungeon Demon Castle. Can be used in Song Pa Gu Tower.

Everytime Jin-Woo entered a Dungeon, Seung-Eun would get a notification. Jin-Woo actually dared to enter and defeat the monster named Hell's Gatekeeper Cerberus. It was like a dog, but bigger and had three heads. It was stationed in front of the gate to the castle.

To be honest, he didn't recommend it since Jin-Woo was still considered as a B-rank while the monster was an S-rank. Luckily, he didn't get injured pretty worse.

If the protagonist died so early, then this world, which was a manhwa for his path to greatness, would get destructed right?

When he thought about it, it would be nice if he could hear the protagonist's thoughts to predict his future action.

Around ten minutes later, only Song Chi-Yeol and a female Hunter came out of the Gate. They explained the situation to the short woman before she quickly called her superiors. Seeing this, Seung-Eun quickly used 'Eye' and checked Jin-Woo.

He was massacring the goblins inside the boss room.

Seung-Eun patted his chest, trying to calm down his thumping heart. 'Thought that something happened to him'

After Jin-Woo finished, he also came out and noticed the male sitting under tree. Under the canopy, the pink leaves fell on the caramel-like hair.

The sight was funny to Jin-Woo. He approached him with a smile. "Don't you notice the leaves on your hair?"

The younger male ruffled his hair as he stood up.

"What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be in the hospital?" asked Jin-Woo.

"I want to inform you that I'm already discharged so you don't need to visit me anymore." A smile appeared on his face.

"Already? In a week? That's too fast." Jin-Woo looked at the previous broken arm to confirm his words.

Seung-Eun grinned and moved the limb in the air to prove him. "Told you that I recover fast like a monster."

Jin-Woo squinted his eyes, still in disbelief. "Okay, but since you just recover, don't work yet. Rest for few days."

"Okay. I'll just do the school work I missed."

"Good, good."

Jin-Woo patted his head with a smile. Ever since he was getting taller, he had a habit of patting his head. As if reminding that he was the older one here.

"Hmph, are you flexing that you are taller than me?"

"Maybe."

Their conversations were interrupted when a black car parked on the side of the road. Three men in business suit came out, escorted by the short woman from earlier.

"How many minutes have past since the Dungeon was cleared?" The A-rank Hunter, Woo Jin-Chul asked.

"It's been 40 minutes, sir."

"Only 20 minutes left, then... It's been too long. Try and recover the victim's bodies within 8 minutes. If impossible, quit and return back. Did the supervisors cleared the Dungeons themselves?"

"Yes, sir."

The man approached Chi-Yul and the female other, while Jin-Woo joined them for interrogation. Since Seung-Eun wasn't involved in this matter, he stood far from them as he used his phone to check the situation inside the Dungeon. The previous man that also entered with them, the inmates and the rest were dead.

Woo Jin-Chul moved his sight to the quiet male behind the group. The two of them met eye-contacts and the teen smiled. Woo Jin-Chul sensed another familiarity, not from when they met in the hospital, but from somewhere else.

'Where...?'

"Hunter Sung Jin-Woo and Hunter Han Seung-Eun" Woo Jin-Chul called. "In the extermination of Huang Dong-Suk's Assault Team, the only survivors were the three of you, including Hunter Yoo Jin-Ho. The problem is that Huang Dong-Suk's younger brother Huang Dong-Su, may seek revenge on you guys."

"You're talking about the S-rank Huang Dong-Su?" Jin-Woo expression changed into a troubled one.

"Yes. It doesn't matter what actually happened during the raid. The important fact is that the two of you survived. Since he's an S-ranker, the law can't really bind him either. They're living miracles, and at the same time calamities." Woo Jin-Chul informed expressionlessly. "It'd be in your best to watch for him. Because you may be hunted by someone who even monsters fear. If possible, leaving the country with the loved one isn't a bad idea."

When the man walked away, Seung-Eun turned to the Hunter next to him.

In South Korea, the strongest Hunters were categorized as S-rankers and their numbers were very few. Getting hunted by a single one of them was a terrifying nightmare for weak Hunters.

Jin-Woo's face was grim, all traces of smile disappear from his face.

"Are you going to move, hyung?"

"I can't." Jin-Woo muttered under his breath. "I can still get stronger. But you should move away. Staying here isn't safe for you."

"I won't."

Jin-Woo looked at him with a frown. "Why? This isn't a joke. We are being targeted by an S-rank Hunter here..."

Seung-Eun lowered his eyelids as a small smile appeared on his face. Instead of feeling threatened, it made him wanted to laugh.

Everything was within his control. If they stood in the protagonist's way, they would ended up as sacrifices for the King to grab his throne. No one, not even a National Level Hunter could challenge him.

After all, every Hunters in this world, were merely his pawns.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.7K 869 8
A Sung Jin-woo x OC Three-shot! Everyone wondered why the Renowned strongest S-Rank Hunter Sung Jin-woo had started to visit the South City of Seoul...
124 15 6
In the heart of bustling Seoul, amidst the vibrant pulse of the city, lies the tale of a young woman whose life is forever changed by the awakening o...
578K 30.5K 51
What happens when you're just trying to breathe before you get knocked into a manhwa you read for the plot. The plot? I meant for the mc. One second...
30.2K 2.1K 64
------------- The Story Description --------------- It's a story about a businessman and a orphan girl... Jeon Jungkook..the CEO of Jeon corporation...