I Am Deviant

By jessika_Stein

Detective Y/N was always fascinated by androids, and now she gets to work with with one alongside her partner... More

Authors Note
Partners
The Interrogation
Waiting for Hank & Y/N
Crossroads
The Nest pt. 1
The Nest pt.2
Russian Roulette
Eden Club pt.1
Eden Club pt. 2
The Bridge
Public Enemy
Meet Kamski
Jericho
Cyberlife
I am Deiviant
Authors Note

Last chance, Connor

847 37 4
By jessika_Stein

Chapter 13- Last Chance, Connor

Connor opened his eyes, and looked around the snowy garden.

He spotted Amanda, who was standing in the middle of the frozen lake. He carefully stepped onto the ice, and made his way towards her.

Without a greeted, she began to speak. "After what happened today, the whole country is on the verge of a civil war. The machines are rising up against their masters. Humans have no choice. but to destroy them." She said with a stern tone.

"I thought Kamski knew something..." Connor explained, "I was wrong.."

"Maybe he did... But you chose not to ask..."

"I chose not to play his twisted little game! There was no reason to kill that android." He defended, earing him a disapproved look from Amanda.

"I am not a unique model, am I?" Connor asked out of the blue.

"How many Connors are there?"

"I don't see how that question pertains to your investigation." Amanda responded harshly.

"Did Kamski design this place?" Connor went on.

"He created the first version, it's been improved significantly. Why do you ask?"

"You didn't tell me everything you know about deviants, did you?" The android continued.

"I expected you to find answers, Connor. Not ask questions." She said, her tone not changing.

"Your the only one who can prevent civil war." Amanda stepped closer to him. "Find the deviants, or there will be chaos. This is your last chance Connor."

"Your off the case. The FBI is taking over." Fowler said.

"What?!" Y/N and Hank said in unison, Connor looking over at them, concerned,

"What the fu- We're so close!" Y/N exclaimed.

"We...We just need more time. I'm sure we can-" Hank began, but Fowler interrupted him.

"You two don't get it. This isn't just another interrogation, it's a fucking Civil War! It's out of our hands now... We're talking about national security here!"

"Fuck that! You can't just pull the plug now, not when we're so close!" Hank responded, sharply.

"You're always saying you can't stand androids! Jesus, Hank. Make up your mind!" Fowler said. "I thought you'd be happy about this!"

"We're about to crack the case!" Hank leaned forward onto the desk. "I know we can solve it!"

"Please, Jeffery. Just a little more time!" Y/N said, almost begging.

Fowler shook his head. "There's nothing I can do...You two are back on homicide, and the android returns to Cyberlife."

Y/N's jaw dropped. "You can't just send him back! I mean-"

Fowler cut her off. "I'm sorry. Y/N. It's over."

Hank and Y/N stormed out of the office, Connor following.

Y/N dropped into her chair, crossing her arms. Connor joined them, sitting on Y/N's desk.

"We can't just give up like that..." Connor began. "I know we could've solved this case!"

"I know...But you heard Fowler... It's over..." Y/N said, in a defeated tone.

"So you're going back to Cyberlife?" Hank asked.

"I have no choice..." Connor said, looking down. "I'll be...deactivated and analyzed to find out why I failed..."

Y/N heart sunk. "That's bullshit.... They can't just destroy you...." She said, getting up from her chair.

Connor looked at her for a moment, before Hank started speaking.

"What if we're on the wrong side, Connor?" Hank asked. "What if we're fighting against people who just want to be free?'

"When the deviants rise up, there will be chaos..." Connor said, "We could've stopped it! But now it's too late." He said, looking at the ground again.

"When you refused to kill that android back at Kamski's place...." Hank started. " You put yourself in her shoes...You showed empathy Connor. Empathy is a human emotion."

Y/N smiled, and lightly bumped Connor's shoulder with her own. "he's right, you know."

"I don't know why I did it..." Connor said, pausing for a moment.

"I'm not programmed to say things like this but... I really appreciated working with the both of you. With a little more time, who knows. We might've even become friends." He said, giving Hank and Y/N a soft smile.

Y/N smiled back, her heart aching from the thought of him leaving forever.

"Well, well, here comes Perkins, that motherfucker.." Hank glared at the man marching in. "Sure don't waste time at the FBI..."

"We can't give up!" Connor said, standing up. "I know the answer is in the evidence we collected. If Perkins takes it, its all over." The android said.

"But...We're off the case..." Y/N said.

"You've got to help me." He exclaimed, determination in his voice.1

"Alright, I'm in." Y/N said, crossing her arms.

"Listen, Connor-" Hank started, but Connor cut him off.

"If I don't solve this case, Cyberlife will destroy me. Five minutes. That's all I ask."

"Key to the basement is on my desk, Y/n go help him out." Hank said.

"Get a move on! I can't distract him forever."

Connor grabbed the key with one hand, and grabbed Y/N's hand with the other. He quickly pulled her along, as she turned her head to see Hank.

"Perkins! You fuckin' cocksucker!" Hank said, punching him in the face, making Y/N laugh.

They got to the door, when Gavin interrupted them.

"Hey Connor, Y/N."

"Shit!" Y/N mumbled.

"I'm talking to you asshole! Were you goin? We don't need any plastic pricks around here! Or did nobody tell you?"

"Why don't you go fuck yourself?" Y/N said, giving him a sarcastic smile.

"I'm registering the evidence in my possession." Connor explained. "But don't worry, I'm going to leave. Though I'm certainly going to miss our bromance." Y/N covered her mouth, to try and stop her laugh.

"You son of a bitch!" Gavin grabbed his gun, and pointed it at Connor, who didn't even bat an eye.

Gavin made a noise, and pretended to shoot Connor.

"Well go on then! Get a fuckin' move on." Gavin walked away, and Y/N looked at Connor.

"Nice one." She said.

Connor unlocked the door, and grabbed her hand again, both of them quickly hurrying down the stairs.

At the bottom, Connor placed his hands, looking at the password block.

"Its one word..." Connor mumbled.

"Try, Fuckingpassword." Y/N said, typing it in.

The panel turned green. "Obviously."

Y/N turned to Connor, her hands up, "Up top!"

Connor high fived her, Y/N smiling, "Boom."

The evidence locker opened up, revealing a central panel, which held all the evidence they've collected.

Once was the android from the Carlos Ortiz case, his head smashed in from banging his head on the glass in his holding cell, and the other was from the one from the news station, and one who Y/N didn't recognize.

Y/N stayed back, and let Connor do his work.

Connor walked up to one, scanned him, then grabbed the component he needed.

When he awoke, he looked at Connor. "You lied to me Connor! I trusted you and you lied to me!" He said.

"You were going to kill that child." Connor explained. "You gave me no choice. I need to find Jericho, do you know where it is?"

"You're wasting your time...." He said. "I don't know anything about Jericho."

Connor took out the part, turning the android off.

Connor then went to the android from the Stratford tower. He once again, analyzed him, the grabbed a part from the other android, and placed it in the current one.

"It's dark." He said, looking around. "Where...Where am I?"

"I need to find Jericho." Connor said. "Tell me how to get there."

"I don't recognized your voice. Your not one of us! I'll never tell you where it is! Now leave me alone" He said.

Y/N watched as Connor analyzed the video, before he copied his voice.

"This message is the hope of our people.." Connor said in a deep voice, "But it is also a warning." His voice now sounding like the androids.

"That's' creepy." Y/N said, as Connor walked back up to the android.

"Whose there?" The android asked. "Who are you?"

"Everything is alright. Don't worry." Connor said, imitating the android's voice.

"Markus?" He asked, "Is that you? I tried to reach you but the deviant hunter stopped me."

"You stopped him from finding me, you saved me! You saved Jericho! You'll be alright now. I came to take you home. Give me the location to Jericho. We gotta leave now."

"The location of Jericho? Yes...Yes, of course."

Connor grabbed his arm, analyzing him.

"Markus? Is that you Markus? Don't leave me Markus!" The android said, grabbing Connor's shoulder.

Connor took out the part, and put it back.

"That's kind of sad.... They just wanted to be free." Y/N said, walking up to Connor.

"I've been dreaming of this moment since I first saw you." Gavin said, making Y/N and Connor turn around.

When he saw the gun, Connor pulled Y/N so she was behind him.

"Don't do it Gavin." Connor said. "I know how to stop the Deviant."

"You're off the case."

Y/N quickly pulled out her gun, pointing it at Gavin.

"Leave, Gavin." She instructed.

He ignored her, and shot at Connor.

Y/N dropped behind a crate, as Connor slide up against another.

When Gavin rounded the corner, Connor took the chance to grab his gun away from him.

Connor blocked all of Gavin's hits, and eventually hit his head, knocking him out.

"You alright?" He asked Y/N, who stood up.

"Yeah.. You?"

Connor nodded. They both headed up the stairs, and to Y/N's car.
Connor decided to drive, and dropped Y/N off.
"Be careful! I don't need you dying on me." Y/N said, as she got out of the car.
"Don't worry. I always accomplish my mission." Connor said, smiling at her.
She smiled back, and walked up to her house, as Connor drove off to Jericho.
____________________________________

Hope you enjoyed

Love you all

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

129K 4.9K 37
"You love him, that's why you care so much for him," You thought. "You love him. You love him." -- Detroit is a bustling city-center, with those look...
75.4K 1.8K 16
You are a 21-year-old who has just joined the DPD. You are an investigator. You have met your partners, an old man with a shaggy silver beard, and a...
65.5K 1.8K 21
Special Agent [Name] Anderson, Hank Anderson's daughter, comes to Detroit to help her father with his investigation. An android is the last thing she...
10.5K 348 13
The year is 2038. Cyberlife has created androids to serve their masters once they were bought. However, the androids can also become deviants which c...