duodécima luna. [a stiles fan...

By ferriisbueller

The first time Stiles saw her, he broke a vending machine. soulmate au. // © MNKBYB 2020 © More

uno.
dos.
tres.
cuatro.
cinco.
seis.
siete.
ocho.
nueve.
diez.
once.
doce.
trece.
catorce.
quince.
dieciséis.
diecisiete.
dieciocho.
diecinueve.
veintiuno.
veintidós.
veintitres.
veintcuatro.
veintcinco.
veintseis.
veintisiete.
último.
a/n:

veinte.

6.6K 244 186
By ferriisbueller

"Oh, what the hell is this?"

"Veggie burger."

"Stiles, I asked for a hamburger."

"Well veggie is healthier. We're being healthy." The boy, Stiles, said as he held up a salad in a plastic container that had been store-bought from the local supermarket on his way to have dinner with this father at the sheriff's office.

The father sighed as he opened up the box of curly fries to find that there was no cheesy covered curly pieces of potato. Instead he found cut up pieces of carrot and celery, nicely laid out. "Oh hell why are you trying to ruin my life?"

"I'm trying to extend your life." Stiles said with an exasperated look. "Okay? Could you just eat it please?" Then he added. "And tell me what you found."

"No, I'm not sharing confidential police work with a teenager." Noah said to his son.

"Well you could tell Bernie Mac as you eat some homemade cannoli." Stiles and Noah both looked at the opened office door that Violeta stood with two red containers in her hand a soft smile on her face. "I also brought dolma since you guys like it so much." She stepped forward and placed the containers on the table as she pressed a kiss to the top of Stiles' head.

Noah eyed the pair but said nothing, the smile on his face. As she sat down, Stiles asked her how she was and how her day was, seeming interested. The two had become significantly closer after the death of her grandmother. He didn't sense any awkwardness between the two, no stiffness. It was the comfort you had with someone after knowing them for so long, going through such trying experiences with them.

"... and Tomei says hi." She told his son as Sheriff Stilinski finally managed to open the container lid. He all but groaned at the beautiful sight of authentic, homemade cannoli. He grabbed the plastic forks and knives Stiles had brought and cut into the sauce covered cylinder of feta and spinach.

"He's supposed to be healthy!" Stiles said, gesturing in outrage as his father gulped down the food Violeta had brought, expressing both pleasure at the taste and his gratitude as he spoke. Stiles gave his father a disgusted look. "We're being healthy!" Stiles added, giving a pointed look to his father.

"So I'm assuming you don't want this then." Violeta teased, raising her eyebrows as she moved the container out of his reach. Stiles gave her a look and she stared, amused, counting the seconds until he gave up.

"Give it here." She bit her lip to keep from laughing as she passed him the dolma and decided she would work on the verge burger herself.

"You know, as far as veggie burgers go, this is... still bad." She dropped the burger and wiped her hands. Stiles offered her his fork but she shook her head, opting to just go for the carrot and celery. "So, what did you find?"

Noah paused the fork that was half way to his mouth and glanced at Stiles. Stiles, mouth full of food waved his hand. He mumbled something and Noah frowned. With a sigh, Violeta explained, "He said that's unfair and you can't expect him to leave and only tell me." Both Stilinski men gave her a look. She shrugged and picked up another piece of celery.

"Stop reading my mind!" Stiles managed to get out as he swallowed his food. Violeta rolled her eyes at him. She brought her legs up on the chair and began scanning the board behind the sheriff. "So that's it on the board behind you?" She asked.

"... No."

Her and Stiles shared a look before they both darted out of their seats and stood in front of the board, taking it in. Noah sighed, knowing there was no use now that Stiles was with Violeta. He turned in his seat, the container and fork still in his hands as he explained.

"Okay, I found something." He said, mouth still full of food as they turned around and focused their attention on him. "The mechanic, and the couple who were murdered, they all had something in common." Noah said, mentioning the kanima's kills, Stiles and Violeta once again looked at each other before turning to the man in front of them.

"All three?" The both asked at the same time.

"And you both know what I say. One's an incident, two's a coincidence and three's a pattern." Noah said. "The mechanic, the husband, the wife... all the same age. All twenty-four."

"Wait but what about Mr. Lahey? Issac's dad was nowhere near twenty four." Stiles asked as Violeta had turned back around to continue scoping the board.

"Which made me think that either a) Lahey's murder wasn't connected or b) the ages were a coincidence until I found this." Noah told them, passing Stiles a file which he opened and held out for both Violeta and him to read. "Did you know that Isaac Lahey had a brother?" Stilinski asked.

"Camden." Violeta said, remembering pre-werewolf Isaac who would open up to there about his past and wasn't stuck up nor arrogant. "Died in combat." Stiles said, reading the file that was Camden's military report. "Isaac told me Camden would've turned twenty four this year." Violeta added, remembering one night when she had turned up to the cemetery and found an especially more beat up Issac; both physically and mentally.

Her phone buzzed and she frowned seeing Derek Hale flash. She immediately answered, walking out of the office so that the sheriff wouldn't hear anything potential dangerous to his ignorance.

"Hello?"

"I need to— Can I please talk to you?" Violeta's eye brows raised at how the alpha changed midway to force the politeness.

"What's up?"

"I need to stop this kanima and I don't know how. You were right, it seeks a master but I don't know who it is and I don't have any idea as to who it might be or how to stop them." Derek said with a sigh. "The full moon is coming up and I haven't had enough time to teach them how to take control of the shift."

"Wow." Violeta said, taking in the little vent Derek had just ranted off. "Well, Stiles told me that Scott had this nice idea to help the kanima complete the shift and resolve whatever issue is stopping Jackson from shifting. I like that. Maybe try that. If his in control as a werewolf there is no person in control of him and you don't have to worry about a murderous master."

"Is that what you've been doing?" Derek seethed, obviously displeased by her lack of help.

"It's what I've been trusting you as an alpha to do." She shot back. "In case you forgot, there's been a shift and I've had to deal with the politics of the entire supernatural community."

Derek sighed. "That vampire, Damon Salvatore, he threatened Isaac."

"Was Isaac wearing a leather jacket?"

"... Yeah." Derek said, clearly not getting why that fact was important. "Why?"

"S'not important right now." She dismissed. "Look, I'm working to try and figure out who the next person is so that whilst we might not know who the master is, we can figure out a target and protect them... which may lead to the master." She informed the werewolf. "In the mean time, there is a druid. The vet—"

"Scott's boss." Derek said. "I know."

"Go to him." Violeta said. "He might have some herbs or something, I don't know."

"Wouldn't your inventory be of more use?" Derek said.

"I haven't had time to go through my... her belongings." Violeta said. The change told Derek why she didn't have any of the resources available to her. She wasn't ready to dig through it so soon after her death. Derek sighed at the other end of the line and agreed.

"I'll get in contact with Scott."

"And I'll there with you on the full moon in case anything happens." Violeta said. "Don't worry. You're new to being an alpha. No one is perfect at anything at first try. You learn through experience."

"I appreciate the wisdom." Derek mocked. "Have you been practicing."

"Fuck you, motherfucker." Violeta said. She hung up and walked back into the office to see both Stilinski men rushing through yearbooks.

"Class!" The sheriff yelled out. "Of course."

"Did you find something?" She asked. Noah began explaining what they had come up with Stiles stopped and put a hand on her arm.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah." She said. "I have to head back actually." She dug her hands in her pockets, Derek's words triggering the morose feeling once more.

"I'll drop you off."

"It's okay. I want to walk." She said, not giving him any room to argue. "You guys keep going and let me know what you find."

-

"The last time I saw him... was definitely the time I saw him last." Stiles rambled off, confusing the Coach who didn't want to show he was confused to he shook his head, made a comment that he should be coaching college and retreated to his office.

Stiles and Scott then turned to Danny to ask about tickets. Before they could get anywhere, both of them felt their collars being pulled by one dickhead of a werewolf who, surprise, surprise! was not wearing a leather jacket.

"How do you two losers even survive?" Lahey asked, looking at them.

"We usually rely on a badass Spanish girl with nice long black hair who has a many pairs of Air Jordans even though I haven't once seen her play basketball." Stiles rambled off. At the description of said girl, Lahey was shoved back into the lockers. Stiles looked around and recognised the Captain America keychain. He looked up at D-Bo who stood up to Isaac.

"The fuck you got your got hands on my boy for?"

Scott cleared his throat and tried to keep the peace. "Hey, uh, it's okay."

"Nah, I wanna know why this motherfucker thinks he all that." D-Bo said. Scott shot Stiles a panicked look and the teenager came around and patted D-Bo on the arm. Even though he was glad to see someone show up Lahey, he didn't know how far D-Bo would go. And there was also the fact that Isaac was a werewolf. Stiles wasn't actually sure who was more dangerous.

"Hey, D-Bo, it's uh, it's okay. Isaac's just a jerk. We move on."

"If I ever see you lay hands on Stilinski again..." D-Bo said. Isaac, despite the supernatural advantage, was clearly scared. He gulped and nodded. "Move nigga." D-Bo snapped and Lahey was quick to get out of the picture.

D-Bo then turned to the young juniors. "One of my boys told me you was tryna find tickets to that party."

"Are you going?" Scott asked, immediately thinking of the further danger that could pose with yet another school member being present at a party where Jackson was set to make his next kill.

"Nah." D-Bo said with a laugh, "That shit's lame. But one of my girl's been selling the tix nd shit. How many you need?"

"Uh... two?" Stiles said, looking at Scott who nodded.

D-Bo frowned. "Ain't you takin' Vi?" He shook his head. "Nigga man up and ask her out. Take three and stop being a fucking pussy." He passed them three and walked off.

"Wait, don't you want the money?" Scott asked, remembering they were $75 each.

D-Bo paused, looking Scott up and down. "You don't charge family." He said and walked out of the locker room. Scott turned to Stiles who let out a breath, realising there was still a few of the lacrosse team left and every one of them had heard D-Bo call Stiles Stilinksi family.

As they were getting changed, that was what they discussed.

"He meant it, like, I'm one of the guys. I'm a brother. Bro. Brah... Brethren?"

"I think it's more of you being Violeta's..." Scott said.

"Violeta's what?" Stiles pressed.

"I dunno. Just hers. Like you two were together at the funeral and everyone pretty much knew you were taking care of her after her grandma passed away." Scott said. "And didn't you go to some birthday."

"Yeah, Lola's, the little kid who can skate really well." Stiles said. "I'm failing to see your point." Scott opened his mouth but Stiles kept talking. "Actually, no, I'm ignoring your point. Because your point... Because your point could never exist. Because your point is so different... so far out of league that your point has an entirely different league of it's own."

Stiles had thought about it a lot.

When he heard about what Tomei had said, what it had made him realise... yes, he wanted Violeta. He'd always wanted her. From The Sexually Frustrated Moment in the locker room and found himself saying he wished it could be with her - he'd done everything with her. They had gone back to Kenny's and actually hung out at Kenny's, having lunch, flipping through comics, challenging each other to various arcade games. He had told her all of his hopes, dreams and fears. The sleepless nights after her grandmother's death had him pouring out every part of him and he was fortunate enough to care. He was fortunate to be there for her, that she wanted him there.

But what if she just wanted him there and didn't want him like how he wanted her.

Scott took a deep breath, seeing where Stiles was going. "I'm the dorky friend who is here to offer sarcastic comments and that's all I can be."

As he said that, he thought back to that night when she was strumming random chords on a yellow ukulele and it turned into a rendition of La Vie En Rose that had left Stiles playing that song on loop ever since that night. Even though she had stuffed up a few a notes and her voice wasn't as strong and out of practice, he still think she sounded better than Louis Armstrong.

"So what are you going to do with the ticket?" Scott asked and Stiles looked down at the small strip of multicoloured paper with the barcode on the back

-

"Did you get tickets to the rave?" Allison asked Violeta as the girl stood by her locker. The girl tried to not be intimidated by the group of guys stood not too far. They were definitely Violeta's friends and they were laughing at something they were all watching one a phone. Violeta's lips turned into a bright smile and she looked down, apparently trying to not laugh. "What?" She asked her.

"Rave?" She asked. "Really?"

"Oh, uh, I thought's what... Matt said..." Allison said, her cheeks warming up.

"Who the fuck is Matt?"

"The guy I'm going with." Allison said. Seeing Violeta's frown, she elaborated with a sigh, "I know, I know. I don't know how it happened. He wants to go take pictures and asked me to go with him."

"Wait he's the motherfucker with the camera?"

"Yeah." Allison piped up. "Why?"

"Allison, he called it a fucking rave." Violeta said. "Do you see where I'm going with his?"

"That you don't like him?" Her voice turned up at the end, making it a question. Violeta rolled her eyes, closing her locker. "Look, please just come!"

"Chill, I should be there." She looked back at D-Bo who was holding out his phone to show everyone some video he'd found. He told her what happened in the locker room, even that he had called 'her boy' a pussy: "like seriously, y'all gon' smash or what?" Violeta tried to maintain her composure and not look awkward, caught out, uncomfortable and definitely not blush.

None of them would let it down.

"Well I'll see you there!" Allison said. "Lydia's coming to mine. We're getting ready together. I would offer if you wanted to join but..." she trailed off and Violeta's lips twitched once more at how incredibly adorable Allison's naivety was.

"You two enjoy that." Violeta said. At the mention of the banshee, Violeta found herself enquiring as to how the red-head was coping.

"She's doing okay. A little annoyed that she only got tickets to tonight through Stiles but other than that—"

"I'm sorry, did you say Stiles gave her a ticket?" Violeta asked and glanced to make sure D-Bo didn't hear that. Lord have mercy if he did... She moved slightly away, turning Allison around in the process.

"Uh, yeah. He had a spare one and asked her. He's picking her up." Violeta bit down on her lip hard and refused to let any emotions. This, she'll admit, was much more difficult than before with D-Bo's comment. D-Bo's comment was something many were thinking, herself included. Perhaps not like that but actually being with Stiles, more than they were right now.

Sure, she felt comfortable enough to drop by his dad's office with dinner and press a kiss to his forehead. Yes, everyone in the community saw that this was him, the one-her one. Violeta was ready as she could be... but she wasn't sure if he wanted it.

But if D-Bo had explicitly told him to ask her out and he asked his child-hood and, let's be real lifelong crush on Lydia Martin... even if he said he didn't like her anymore... well that really tells you something.

"Oh." Violeta ground out, realising she needed to say something. She felt the ache in her chest. She felt it and knew it was because she had accepted it. So when things like this happened, only she would feel as if someone really had wrapped their hand around her heart. Only, they didn't rip it out so much as slowly, excruciatingly slowly, pull it out of her.

"Are you okay?" Allison asked, noting the visible shift in the girl's demenour. No longer was she open and friendly and teasing her for being so... white. Now, she looked as cold and unapproachable as she had been the first time Allison had seen her on her first day at Beacon Hills High.

"Excuse me." She said, moving past Allison, her friends and racing out the front door of the school.

-

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, why?"

"It's just... you didn't say anything on the way here."

"I'm fine." Stiles dismissed his best friend. After rushing to pick up Lydia and seeing his father there... finding out that he'd been fired because of him... he asked Allison to pick her up and meet her there. Stiles couldn't, he didn't want to deal with Lydia's conceitedness right then. He didn't want to sit with someone who would talk about themselves all night long. What he wanted was for someone who knew and understood to hug him and tell him it would okay.

And the very fact that Scott be that but he wanted it from Violeta made him wish he'd 'manned' up and listened to D-Bo and asked her to come to him to this stupid thing. Instead, Lydia was in there, waiting for him with Allison as soon as he had done with the ash that Deaton had given him.

Lydia Martin was waiting for him and all he really wanted was Violeta.

"Hey, uh, have you seen Vio around?" Stiles asked his friend.

"Uh, no." Scott said. "Allison told me she saw her run out of school before lunch."

"R-Run out school?" Stuttering when he heard the news. "What? Why?"

"I dunno." Scott said. "Allison said they were talking about the rave and she offered for her to get ready with her and Lydia—"

"Did she tell her that I gave Lydia the ticket?" Stiles interrupted, rushing out as the panic began rising within him.

"I don't know." Scott said, struggling to remember what Allison had told him in passing. "Maybe? I-I-I don't know."

"That's just great." Stiles said and slammed the door of his Jeep shut and ran a hand over his head. "This is just great!"

"Hey! You're the one who gave Lydia the ticket!" Scott said. Stiles turned on him, clearly more enraged by Scott's words. "Look, I, uh I didn't mean... Stiles we have to focus on the kanima right now." Stiles stopped and heavily exhaled, for once wishing he didn't have a stupid kanima to worry about. If he didn't have to worry about a kanima then his job might still have a job... if there was no kanima tonight he could find Violeta and explain that—

What?

What would he explain to her? Tell her that he had feelings for her? That he was completely over Lydia? That seeing her play her yellow ukulele and sing La Vie En Rose is one of his favourite memories? And not just of her— it's one of his favourite memories ever?

No. He couldn't do any of that.

Besides, it wouldn't matter because he had a damn kanima to worry about.

-

"What in fuck's name do you want?"

"Come on let's go."

"No, please." He turned to the woman who walked off the porch. He turned back to the teenager standing at the door he had just knocked on. He took in her beat-down sneakers, the track pants and oversized black t-shirt that had some guy flipping both fingers and couldn't believe he was about to say this. "You're my only hope."

With an exaggerated sigh, the teenager stepped aside and Chris Argent walked into Violeta Rodriguez' house. With a resolved, defeated look, his wife followed in. Violeta gestured for the kitchen table and he sat down, his wife unhappily following suit. The teenager moved around the kitchen, filling up a kettle and setting it to boil. She then turned around about to ask how she could be his only hope.

Blood.

A bite.

"Oh, this gon' be good." When she said this, the wife stood up and went back to the door. She stopped when her husband called to her. Rolling her eyes, Violeta opened a shelf and pulled out a first aid kit and handed it to Chris.

"I imagine your wife doesn't want a peasant like me to touch her so here..." she even opened it for him, "do your shit."

Chris set to work, cleaning the wound as Violeta made some tea. It was quiet and Violeta sighed, not really bothering with politeness right now. "This awkward silence is the point where you tell me how you got bitten on the fucking shoulder."

"I was attacked."

Violeta snorted. "Obviously. No one's that kinky."

"Oh for— Chris, you cannot be serious!?" The wife asked.

"Victoria, we're lucky to have one in the town." Chris said. "If there was anyone- anyone, who would know how to stop a werewolf bite—"

"Woah, woah." Violeta said, pausing her tea-making to stare at the two hunters. "You want me to stop a werewolf bite?"

"What do you think we wanted you to do?" Chris asked, perplexed as Victoria waved a dismissive hand and said, "See, she can't do it."

"I dunno. Talk a truce with Derek. Stop the dumb as shit war between you and him and he could even teach your wife." Then she narrowed her eyes at the woman. "And it's not that I can't, I won't." Violeta explained. "We serve Fate, nature, not go against."

"Werewolves are not natural." Victoria spat.

"So is fucking spam, but here we are in an unfair, fucked-up world where they still sell that shit."

"Please, Gerard will..." Chris said, standing up after leaning to clean the upper part of the bite. "It's not that deep..."

"Who bit you?" Violeta asked, finally properly acknowledging Allison's mother. The woman pursed her lips before admitting that it was the alpha. "Hale? He's an alpha." Violeta said. Realising what this meant, she became serious and the unfortunate nature of the situation had her looking pityingly at the woman.

"I know you guys live by a code..." Violeta said, "but you even cutting off her arm wouldn't stop it, the bite's too far up." She said that because she knew hunters were completely ruthless and if there were many instances where a bit on the lower arm left them to sever that body part off to maintain their humanity.

"I would offer to talk to this Gerard guy that scares every student at Beacon Hills High but since I'm a teenager whom he'd probably call a street-living hood-rat," she said, recalling a personal favourite comment she often received, "and react the same way you first did, I don't think he'd listen to me."

At this, Victoria Argent showed a smidge of guilt and the apology shone in her eyes. Violeta gave her a sad smile. "The transition process is going to be painful... whether you complete it or not. Up until that moment, I can give you some things that can ease the pain." She moved around the kitchen once more and pulled some leaves from a little pot plant on the window sill above the sink. She placed them in a towel and passed them to Chris.

"Use them in a tea, a bath or even eat them in a nice salad." Violeta shrugged. She then turned around and rummaged around a lower cupboard by her feet and pulled out a large travel mug. She poured the tea she had been brewing into it and closed it shut. "I had actually prepared some since I saw the blood. Take this with you." Chris looked at the items he'd been given and nodded, expressing his gratitude.

"I'm sorry there's not more that I may do for you." Violeta said. "If you do in fact change my mind and wish to contact Derek— or even Scott about figuring... it out, I'm more than happy to help."

"This will be all, thank you." Victoria said, standing up. Violeta crossed her arms and let out a small breath. It was clear the woman had made her mind up about her fate.

"Very well," Violeta said, "may your spirit find rest." Victoria even managed a small, not smile, but look of amicability. Chris, however, looked like someone had killed his family. Which was actually in the process of happening. Violeta opened the door for them, knowing the business was done and watched as Chris helped his wife into the car and they drove off.

Tomei came into the room, seeing that the 'guests' had left. She knew that this would be her life now: avoiding awkwardly stumbling in on whatever supernatural creature was sitting at her kitchen table, asking Violeta for help. As Violeta turned around, she saw her aunt leaning against the archway, staring at her with expectant eyes.

"No." Violeta said.

"We need to talk about it."

"There's nothing to talk about."

"I don't think you— we know everything." She corrected at the death glare.

"Good thing I don't care what you think." Violeta said. "I'm going out."

"Vi—" but she was already out the door, not even letting her get to the second syllable of her name. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

103K 2.9K 47
(𝘯.) 𝘢 𝘩𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘴𝘪𝘤𝘬𝘯𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘢 𝘩𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘸𝘩𝘪𝘤𝘩 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘤𝘢𝘯𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘳𝘦𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘯, 𝘢 𝘩𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘸𝘩𝘪𝘤𝘩 𝘮𝘢𝘺𝘣𝘦 𝘯𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 �...
6.8K 217 17
"She was beautifully complicated and terrifyingly simple, in a world that had no idea how to love her." -anon (Season 1) THIS STORY IS IN THE PROCES...
49.2K 1K 13
teen wolf season four book four stiles stilinski x fem!oc completed © voidvaleska
28.9K 659 43
A re write of season one of teen wolf Stiles x reader