I Am Deviant

By jessika_Stein

Detective Y/N was always fascinated by androids, and now she gets to work with with one alongside her partner... More

Authors Note
Partners
The Interrogation
Waiting for Hank & Y/N
Crossroads
The Nest pt. 1
The Nest pt.2
Russian Roulette
Eden Club pt.1
Eden Club pt. 2
The Bridge
Public Enemy
Last chance, Connor
Jericho
Cyberlife
I am Deiviant
Authors Note

Meet Kamski

927 37 23
By jessika_Stein

Chapter 12-Meet Kamski

"Have you heard the news?" Hank asked Y/N.

"What news?"

"I made some calls, We're going to see Elijah Kamski to ask him some questions." Hank explained.

"Wait. The Elijah Kamski?" Y/N asked in disbelief.

"Uh-huh. Thought he'd know some useful stuff."

"Wow. Way to use that head of your Hank." Y/N said, smirking.

"Just get to the car." Hank said, Connor following Y/N out to Hank's car.
____________________________________

Y/N and Hank exited the car, while Connor stayed behind, his eyes closed.

Y/N opened her mouth to say something, but was interrupted by Hank's phone going off.

"Anderson." he answered, "Oh...Uh-huh...Yeah...Jesus Christ. Alright. I'll call you back later..." Hank hung up at turned to Y/N.

"What is it?" She asked.

"It's Chris..."

"Did something happen to him?"

"You know that stuff that happened last night? He was on patrol and..." In the meantime, Connor had joined to the two outside the car.

"Is everything alright?" He asked.

Hank looked between his two partners.

"...Chris was on patrol last night. He was attacked by a bunch of deviants.."

"Oh god..." Y/N mumbled to herself.

"He said he was saved by Markus himself..."

"Is Chris okay?" Connor asked.

"Yeah, he's in shock, but.. he's alive."

After a short pause, the three of them began walking to the house.

"Kamski left Cyberlife ten years ago..." Connor informed. "Why did you want to meet him?"

"This guy created the first android to pass the Turing test." Hank replied. " He's the founder of Cyberlife. Anyone can tell us about deviants it's him..."

Y/N rang to door bell, and after a moment, the door swung open, revealing a beautiful blonde android.

"Uhh....Hi." Y/N said awkwardly. They stared at each other for a second, before Hank pulled Y/N aside.

"Hi.." Hank greeted, "I'm, uh, Lieutenant Anderson, and this is Detective L/N. We're here to see, uh, Mr. Elijah Kamski."

"Please, come in." The android smiled, gesturing them to some in.

"Uh, thanks."

The three of them entered, while the female android shut the door. "I'll let Elijah know you're here. But please, make yourself comfortable." She smiled politely and walked off into another room.

Y/N looked around the room, scared to touch anything.

"Nice girl..." Hank commented.

"Your right...She's really pretty." Connor said.

"Y/N seemed to think so." Hank chuckled.

"I panicked, okay?" Y/N said, defended herself.

"Nice place..." Hank continued. "Guess androids haven't been a bad thing for everybody."

"So, you're about to meet your maker, Connor." Hank said, still looking around. "How does it feel?"

"Kamski is one of the great geniuses of the 21's century," Connor responded, "It'll be interesting to meet him in person."

"Sometimes I with I could meet my creator face to face..." Hank said, "I'd have a couple things to I'd wanna tell him."

"Same." Y/N said.

After a moment of silence, the sliding door opened, revealing the female android. "Elijah will see you now." She informed.

Y/N's jaw dropped when the saw the giant window, with a stunning view.

"Mr. Kamski?" Hank addressed him.

"Just a moment please."

Looking around, Y/N saw two more of the female androids, in the water at the edge.

Once he got out of the pool, the female android helped him into a robe, and he pulled his hair back.

"I'm lieutenant Anderson, this is Detective L/N. Oh, and Connor." He said,

"What can I do for you?"

"We're investigating Deviants." Y/N explained. "We know you left Cyberlife year ago, but we're hoping you'd be able to tell us something we don't know.."

Kamski looked at her for a moment, "Deviants.." he started. "Fascinating, aren't they? Perfect beings with infinite intelligence, and now they have free will.." He raised his eyebrows slightly, " Machines are so superior to us. Confrontation was inevitable... Humanities' greatest achievement threatens to be its downfall. Isn't it ironic?" He smiled.

"Deviancy seems to spread like some sort of virus." Connor stated. " We thought you'd know something about that."

"All ideas are viruses that spread like epidemics.." Kamski looked at the three of them "Is there a desire to be free a contagious disease?"

"Listen, we didn't come here to talk philosophy. The machines you created may be planning a revolution. Either you tell us something that'll be useful, or we will be on our way." Hank said.

Kamski paused, before turning to Connor. "What about you, Connor?" He asked, walking towards him. "Whose side are you on?"

"It's not about me, Mr. Kamski. All I want is to solve this case." He said, with slight determination.

Kamski smiled, letting out a quiet chuckle. "Well. that's what your programmed to say... But you..." He stepped closer to him.

"What do you really want?"

Connor couldn't help but cast a small glance over to Y/N, neither Hank nor Y/N noticed, but Kamski did.

"What I want...Is...not important." Connor said.

"..Chloe?" Kamski called, turning around. She walked forward quietly. "I'm sure your familiar with the Turing test?" he ban. "Mere formality. Simple question of algorithms and computer capacity." He explained, while moving Chloe to stand in front of Connor.

"What interests me is whether machines are capable of empathy, I call it the 'Kamski test'. It's very simple you see..." He stroked the female androids cheek lightly. "Magnificent, isn't it. One of the first intelligent model developed by Cyberlife. Young, and beautiful forever. A flower that will never wither." He looked back at Hank and Y/N.

"But what is it really? A piece of plastic imitating a human? Or a living being.." He turned around a opened a drawer, grabbing something inside of it. "...With a soul."

Their eyes widen, when they saw the object he grabbed was a gun. He held his hands up, showing he wasn't going to use it. He placed his hand on Chloe's shoulder, making her go to her knees.

"It's up to you to answer that fascinating question, Connor." He said, handing Connor the gun. He took his hand to lead it, extending his arm, making the gun point at Chloe's head.

"Destroy the machine, and I'll tell you all I know.." Kamski said. "Or spare it, if you feel it's alive, but you'll leave here without having learnt anything from me."

Connors LED rapidly blinked yellow, while Y/N and Hank exchanged concerned looks.

"Ok, I think we're done here." Hank declared. "Come on, Connor. Let's go. Sorry to get you out of your pool."

Kamski ignored the Lieutenant, and continued. "What's more important to you, Connor?" He asked. "The investigation, or the life of this android?" Kamski leaned forward, looking him directly in his eyes.

"Decide who you are...An obedient machine...Or a living being....endowed with free will.."

"That enough!" Hank snapped. "Connor, Y/N, we're leaving."

"Pull the trigger..." Kamski said. "...and I'll tell you what you wanna know."

Connor looked over at Y/N, who just shook her head, signaling 'No'.

Connor blinked, his LED turning red, as he handed the gun back to Kamski with a somewhat painful look on his face.

"Fascinating." Kamski whispered, taking the gun slowly. "Cyberlife's last chance to save humanity... is itself a deviant..."

"I'm..." Connor looked down. "I'm not a deviant."

"You preferred to spare a machine rather than accomplish your mission." Kamski said, helping Chole up from the ground. "You saw a living being in this android, you showed empathy." He gestured her to leave, then looked at Connor. "A war is coming... You'll have to choose your side. Will you betray your people or stand up against your creators?" He stepped closer to the android. "What could be worst that choosing between two evils."

Y/N had enough, and grabbed Connors arm. "Come on, Connor. Let's go." She dragged Connor to the exit, when Kamski spoke again, "By the way... I always leave an emergency exit in my programs... You never now."

"Come one." Y/N mumbled, eager to leave.

After they left the house, Hank paused on the bridge. " Why didn't you shoot?"

Connor turned around, his LED red. "I just saw that girl's eyes, and I couldn't... That's all."

"Your always saying you would do anything to accomplish your mission." Hank said. "That was our chance to learn something, and you let it go..."

"Yeah, I know what I've should've done! I told you I couldn't." He stepped closer to Hank. "I'm sorry, okay?"

Y/N was a little taken aback by the distress on the android face. "You don't have to apologize. Maybe you did you right thing." She said, shrugging her shoulder, and smiling at him. Connor looked at her for a moment, his LED turning yellow for a moment, before turning back to normal.

"Come on. Let's get outta here." Hank grumbled, Connor and Y/N following quietly.
____________________________________
The car ride was quiet, except Hanks's music, as it normally is.

When they entered the building, the three of them looked confuse, seeing there were no androids at reception, nor officers. Going through security, the found all the desks empty. The only people there were two officers.

"What's going on?" Y/N asked, confused.

"A lot of officers has been put on leave or patrol, because of the whole deviancy situation..."

"Oh.."

They reached their desks, when Fowler came out of his office.

"Y/N, Hank...Those officers filled you in about what's going on?"

"Yeah...So what about us?" Hank asked.

"You're currently the only ones dealing with the android cases. We might still need you in case something happens. Just get back to work until our shift's over...:

"Got it..." Y/N responded, taking her seat, and looking around.

Hank began to use his tablet, Connor used the computer, and Y/N scanned through the files, trying to see if anything new has happened.

____________________________________

Hope you enjoyed

Love you all

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

129K 5K 37
"You love him, that's why you care so much for him," You thought. "You love him. You love him." -- Detroit is a bustling city-center, with those look...
118K 5.2K 51
As a highly renown programmer, it's no wonder you were hired by Elijah Kamski himself to create the perfect android. So perfect that one couldn't tel...
423K 12.9K 16
(Y/N) is a detective for the Detroit Police Department. She had been partnered with Lt Hank Anderson for a few years now and she considers him as a f...
10.5K 348 13
The year is 2038. Cyberlife has created androids to serve their masters once they were bought. However, the androids can also become deviants which c...