𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐄 πŽπ… 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐓...

Χ Χ›ΧͺΧ‘ גל Χ™Χ“Χ™ bellasweetwriting

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐄 πŽπ… 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐓 | ❝caught him singing in his room a song for you❞ ❝how are you so sure?❞ ❝becau... Χ’Χ•Χ“

prologue
characters
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
epilogue
pop culture, fun facts and final note
THE HUNTER SERIES

eleven

4.5K 123 225
Χ Χ›ΧͺΧ‘ גל Χ™Χ“Χ™ bellasweetwriting

E L E V E N

He wanted her. She'd never tell
Secretly she wanted him as well

ALEX PLACED HIS HAND ON LUKE'S SHOULDER WHEN HE CAUGHT HIM STARING AT PEYTON. The drummer exhaled deeply before making Luke turn around and look at him.

"Luke, Lukey, Luke," he said, "you are my best friend in this life and in the next one. Some stories say that best friends stay together for more than 500 years and I truly believe that's our case..."

"That's sweet."

"And let me tell you, the rock music angels have given you and incredible talent. You have a beautiful voice that grew through the years we've been together and you have the gift to write songs that speak particularly in a deep emotional level that I find truly inspiring—"

Luke chuckled, almost blushing.

"That reached my heart. I don't know why you are saying this but... about the rock music angels... I believe in them. Hundred percent. I think mine is Freddy Mercury and he just gifted me with this unique talent—"

"That's why," Alex interrupted him, "I can't even comprehend why do you have the emotional intelligence of a street raccoon," finished insulting him the drummer, making Luke stop smiling.

"I knew you weren't nice just because... what do you mean with that?" He asked his best friend, crossing his arms still insulted by Alex's classic compliment then downfall.

"That girl over there accepted to be the manager of your band even though it now means that every five minutes she receives new emails, her house looks like the office of a manager about to give a promotion and her face hasn't looked this tired ever—"

"She still looks pretty though—"

"—and you still don't have the guts to ask her out."

"What am I supposed to say, Alex?" Luke questioned him before turning around to stare at his opened locker. "Hey, Peyton, I know this probably would ruin our twelve years of friendship, but I really got something to tell you. I—"

"You what?" Asked Peyton crossing his arms. Luke quickly turn around, scared for his life. "What do you have to tell me that would probably ruin our friendship, Patterson?"

"I-I... I sat in your office and pretended to be President of the galaxy while playing with your landline phone and your pink post it notes," he admitted quickly, surprising Alex.

"Oh, I know. My cellphone is connected to the landline. It records every time someone picks it up." Peyton played the recording to the guys.

"Hello, this is Luke Patterson, President of the Galaxy... I would like to speak to the President of the Universe... yes sir, I offer you... 5 kazillion dollars and you name me the universe king!"

"Ok, that's enough!" He exclaimed while Alex bursted out laughing. Luke jumped and reached the cellphone, pausing the recording. "That's invasion of privacy... it's a law. It's illegal what you are doing."

"It's my landline I use the app to record the phone calls I have with the labels in case I missed anything important. Give me my phone back, I want to speed forward to when your first order as king was that everyone should wear shirts that said "King Luke is the best" and how you explained your demand to Jimmy Fallon." Alex continued to laugh while Luke blushed. "Can't believe your fantasy is to be in the Tonight Show, your majesty."

"Actually, that's my second request... my first one is that they call it the Luke Night Show."

"Makes sense," chuckled Peyton. "I'll catch you later, guys. There's this thing I need to do. See you after school in the garage?" Both guys nodded before the brunette left.

Luke turned around towards his locker, while Alex looked at him.

"Didn't you find that kinda weird?"

"You gotta be more specific, bro, I find a lot of things weird. Wasps, Henry DeTamble's powers, Brad Pitt's CGI-ed face in Benjamin Button, most of Keanu Reeves' IMDb," he started ranting. "That Star Trek episode where they cloned William Riker. Wearing jeans to the beach—"

"I meant Peyton, you idiot. You are her best friend, aren't you suppose to know when she's not feeling herself?"

"First of all I'm not Professor X, I can't just read her mind and exactly know what she's feeling," he argued, grabbing his books for then closing his locker. "And I didn't see any out of normal behavior. She was mocking me as she always does, made fun of my President of the Galaxy impression which is fine since I still have her Whitney Houston wannabe act on my computer so I have a payback; and then she said she had to do something and would meet us after school. What's weird about that?"

"Doesn't she always tells you the things she's going to do? She just said 'I have a thing'. Isn't it strange that she keeps demanding you a valid excuse for missing something but she can miss anything with a lame-o excuse you don't even consider listening to."

"You kinda lost me there, Alex."

"Something is wrong with her," he tried to explain. "And you don't even pretend to care! You didn't even notice and you spend everyday with her. When you are sad or angry, she's the first to notice. I remember that day you lost your favorite pen... she didn't even finished walking into the room and just stood there like an exorcist repeating "Luke isn't well"." Luke raised his eyebrows, laying his back on the lockers. "You should ask her what's wrong with her."

"Yeah, maybe I should..."

Meanwhile this happened, Peyton entered one of the classrooms for her next class, sitting next to Flynn with a tiny smile.

"Did you tell the guys yet?" Asked Flynn as soon as she sat on the chair, making Peyton chuckle.

"I haven't and I don't know if I will. A battle of bands sounds lame after getting a gig at the Fonda Theatre, don't you think?"

"You are worried Luke will find it lame—"

"That's not what I'm saying. As their manager I should get them the best gigs... how would I look if I show up with a high school battle of bands?"

"But you sounded so excited about it! Do you want me to fresh up your memory and tell you about how you said it would be so fun to see the guys participate?"

"Maybe I said that," admitted Peyton. "But... I said it before the Fonda Theatre gig idea even came to my mind! They won't do it!"

"Don't you want the prize for them?"

Flynn was right. The prize was their own recording equipment which is really expensive and she couldn't afford it for them as a gift. Also, the battle was going to be streamed, and that would get more social publicity for the guys.

But it was lame... at least Luke would find it lame. She could only remember his face when she told him about the Fonda Theatre. His eyes lighted up.

She won't get that reaction with this proposal.

"I'll suggest it to Julie and the boys," gave up Peyton and Flynn whispered a Yes under her breath. "I can't promise that they will say yes."

"That's because they don't understand the popularity they could gain with it. They are thinking too big and forgetting about baby steps, you know?" Peyton chuckled. "This whole "Every label wants me" concept got into their heads and it's your job to pull them down to earth. You are their boss now."

"Yeah, you are right... this could be great for them."

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

"Guys!" She started to call them, but they wouldn't stop playing their instruments and singing. "Guys! I'm trying to talk over here!"

When she realized they couldn't even hear her, she decided to take the matter in her own hands. She started by unplugging Reg's bass, then Luke's guitar, which made him complain. She later grabbed Alex's drumsticks and turned off Julie's keyboard before standing in front of them again.

"Rude," said Reggie.

"Did you have a cup of coffee this morning, Shaw Moore?" Asked Luke to her as she left Alex's on the coffee table, making him gasp.

"Willie gave me those," he whispered before looking like a defeated puppy.

"I've been trying to get your attention for fifteen minutes," announced the girl before exhaling. "I have a proposal."

"We are all ears," said Julie with a warm smile, making her less nervous.

Peyton exhaled before continuing. "The school, with Flynn's help, is organizing a Battle of Bands, and I think it would be really... great, if you guys perform."

She could hear Reggie and Alex immediate complains. Julie didn't complain but didn't look thrill either. Luke just stare at her as she grew more nervous.

"I know it sounds kinda... lame. But, it will be streamed in social media, which would get you more following. Also... the prize is kinda cool." She look at Alex and Reggie's disgusted faces. "You know what? You guys are right. It is lame. You should focus on the Fonda Theatre gig—"

"No... we are doing it," interrupted Luke suddenly.

"What!?" Exclaimed Alex, Reggie and Julie in surprised as the guy stood next to his best friend, hugging her by the shoulders.

Peyton looked at him in surprise. "You are?"

"Of course. We have the worst social media presence, like ever. Besides, we can invite some labels, not all of them though, to watch us. School was where we started as a band, and label people dig for stories like that so they can sell them." The guys didn't see as convinced. "Just trust me. And trust Peyton! If she says this is good, then it is good. She's our manager."

"And the prize is your own music recording material!" Exclaimed Peyton, making the guys gain interest. She quickly turned around to look at her best friend. "Thank you. I'll be right back, I have to call Flynn and tell her so she can sign you guys up!"

And with that, Peyton quickly left Julie's garage with her phone on her hand, dialing Flynn's number. As soon as she was out of sight, Luke exhaled, looking at the guys.

"I know!" He was quick to say before they could start complaining. "Do you actually think I want to do it!?"

"Then why did you say yes!?" Yelled Reggie.

"Because I figured out what's wrong with her!" Alex raised his eyebrows as he understood what Luke was talking about. "She is afraid that she is going to be a bad manager. Didn't you notice that when she offered she didn't seem as convinced about it either? She kept saying it was lame because you guys thought it was! Let's do this for Peyton, okay? I know participating on a stupid school thing is not the ideal, but it isn't a step back either. Take it as a practice for the big night. The Fonda Theatre performance is the only thing on my mind right now, and it wouldn't be possible if it wasn't for Peyton. Let's do this for her!"

The guys still didn't seem convinced.

"Come on. Before the Fonda Theatre gig and the whole labels thing, we would've jumped to the opportunity of participating at the Battle of Bands."

"You are right about that," said Julie, admitting it. "Our own music recording equipment? We would've been the first to sign up."

Alex and Reggie had to agree with that.

"Let's do this for Peyton. She seems really insecure about the whole manager thing and she's been like this for the past few days. She's scared of messing it up with us. She values our opinion," let them know Luke. "What do you say?"

"Well... we love Peyton," said Alex. "We wouldn't be here if it wasn't for her."

"She has done more for the band in the past week than what we've accomplished in four years." Luke nodded to Reggie's comment.

They've had their ups and downs in the time the band has been together, specially went it come on planning gigs.

Neither of the three of them are good on the phone, why lie?

Alex gets nervous, Reggie gives too much information and Luke... well...

"Sunset Curve is the best band you are going to ever come across with, you know!? We are going to be legends! We make Mick Jagger tremble. Kurt Cobain's soul dances to our music up in Heaven. Hell, we are maybe even too big for your little place... no, I still want the gig... hello? Hello?"

Luke was too intense.

They needed Peyton.

And speaking of the Devil, she came back with a smile plastered on her face. She couldn't believe Luke liked the idea. Luke!

Luke "we make Prince's coffin tremble with our sound" Patterson agreed to perform at a High School Battle of Bands.

"Ok, I know your worries are all for the Fonda Theatre next week, but this Friday is your performance on the Battle of Bands, so please be there. Three songs, nothing more than that." She couldn't even hide how happy she was.

"We'll be there," assured her Luke with a big smile. "We are gonna rock those high school kids' heads out we our incredible sound."

Peyton chuckled before hugging him. He, nervously, exhaled a little, wrapping her arms around her and burying his face on her hair, being hypnotized by her vanilla scent.

"Oh!" She exclaimed as soon as he cellphone ringed, breaking apart the hug. Luke was still on his own world, smiling stupidly as he looked at her. "It's Carrie."

"Since when are you friends with Carrie?" Asked her Reggie and Julie contained her scoffed. She wasn't still convinced about Carrie yet.

"She's helping me with some label stuff," quickly answered the band's manager before picking up. "'Ello? Yeah they did I just sign them up! I can't believe it either... wait hold on a sec..." She covered her phone before looking at her best friend, who was still in Cloud 9. "I'll be right back."

He nodded slowly, watching her leave the garage again as she talked to Carrie excitedly.

"Earth to Luke!" Exclaimed Alex, waking him up. The boy quickly looked at his band mates, who were holding a laughter. "You alright there, buddy?"

He slowly shook his head. "She smells so nice."

"Like vanilla and chocolate frosting?" Asked Reggie and Luke nodded his head, confused as to why he knew that. "Ella smells the same way. I think is the shampoo, or the soap, maybe both." He turned around to look at Alex and Julie. "It is really nice."

Luke left his guitar on the stand and slowly let himself fall onto the couch, exhaling deeply.

Alex stood up from the drums and walked towards him, sitting down on the chair next to Luke.

"I'm still surprised about what you did." The guitarist slowly started to sit up, looking at the blond. "From the four of us, you are the least I would expect for to be on board on playing at the school."

"Believe me, it is lame, don't get me wrong. But you said yourself that I should find out what is wrong with her and help her out. I may not have her Edward Cullen or Carrie telepathic abilities and walk into a room immediately knowing that something's wrong with her. I'm slow, but I do care. I want her to know that I care about the things she likes and that I'm not selfish. And if that means doing something like this just to see her smile, then call me Michael Kelso because she makes me act stupid sometimes."

"Sometimes?" Luke rolled his eyes.

"Very funny, Alex," he said sarcastically as the blond chuckled.

"You have a kind heart, Patterson, really."

"Don't say it that loud, SpongeBob, people might hear you." Both chuckled, turning around to see Peyton walking through the garage doors again with a smile.

"I'll be in the loft, I mean my office, if you need me. You can practice now if you want." She let them know before grabbing Alex's drumsticks again and giving them to him. "There you go."

"Thanks... best manager of the world." She smiled at that before running up the ladder. Alex turned around to glance at Luke. "Go talk to her."

The guy nodded before quickly standing up, walking towards the ladder and climbing on top while Alex walked towards the guys, telling them about the situation.

Quickly, the three other members of the band left the garage, leaving Luke and Peyton alone at the small loft which now was Peyton's office.

"'Ello there, my captain," said Luke with a pirate accent, sitting on the floor, making Peyton turn around on her chair and looking at him confused. "Don't know why I said that," he admitted nervously.

Peyton chuckled before walking towards him, sitting on the floor next to him.

"Thanks for doing the Battle of Bands."

"Don't thank me, I'm excited about it!" He lied.

"You are?" She asked and he nodded again. "I thought you would find it stupid... I don't know."

"I couldn't find any of your ideas stupid, Tay," she whispered before she looked at him. "You should give yourself more credit... you are brilliant, and an excellent manager... you are creative, talented and..."

He stopped himself before saying something he would regret.

"And what?" She asked her as he stare at her eyes.

Her beautiful little dove eyes that made him go crazy.

"And what?" She repeated the question, but now in a lower volume.

He glanced quickly at her lips before licking his, nervously.

"Just..." he whispered slowly, a raspy tone on his voice that made her tremble. "So... beau—"

But he was cut off.

POP CULTURE REFERENCES GUIDE

chapter eleven

"I think mine is Freddy Mercury"
Freddy Mercury (1946–1991) was the lead vocalist of the english rock band Queen. He is one of the greatest singers in the history of rock, and he was known for his extravagant personality and stage presence, and his four-octave vocal range. Two of his songs (We are the champions and Bohemian Rhapsody) were voted as greatest song of all time by Guinness World Records.

"You explained your demand to Jimmy Fallon" "Can't believe your fantasy is to be on The Tonight Show."
The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon is an American late night show hosted by ex-SNL member Jimmy Fallon.

"Henry DeTamble's powers."
Henry DeTamble is the main character of Audrey Niffenegger's 2003 novel The Time Traveler's Wife. He could travel in time yet he couldn't control it. He was portrayed by Eric Bana in the 2009 film adaptation.

"Brad Pitt's CGI-ed face in Benjamin Button"
Academy Award Winner Brad Pitt starred in the film Benjamin Button, were he played the main character which had the condition of growing up in reverse. He was born old and died young. His face was CGI-ed so he would look older.

"Most of Keanu Reeves's IMDb"
Keanu Reeves is a famous Canadian actor. Most of his work are fantasy and science fiction films such as The Matrix series, which are complicated to understand.

"That Star Trek episode where they cloned William Riker."
Star Trek: The Next Generation (1987-1994) is an American science fiction tv series that had over seven seasons. It's not the original Star Trek since this one was animated, yet it is popular.
There's an episode one season six where it is revealed that Commander Riker has an exact duplicate of himself which was created years earlier by accident. It was titled Second Chances.

"First of all I'm not Professor X."
Professor X is a fictional character that appears on the American comic books published by Marvel Comics. This character is the founder of the famous X-Men, and his powers are the ability to read and control minds of other people.

"Did you have a cup of coffee this morning, Shaw Moore?"
Reverend Shaw Moore is the antagonist of the 1984 film Footloose. He is the one who prohibited music and dancing in the town.

"We make Mick Jagger tremble."
Mick Jagger is an English singer and songwriter who gained fame as the lead singer and one of the members of The Rolling Stones (1962-present). He's been described as "one of the most popular and influential men in the history of rock & roll."

"Luke "we make Prince's coffin tremble with our sound" Patterson"
Prince Rogers Nelson was an american singer-songwriter, musician, dancer, actor and filmmaker. He was named one of the greatest musicians of his generation. He innovated music in a variety of styles such as rock, soul, pop, hip hop, between others. He released 39 albums in total and a massive amount of unreleased projects in a vault at his home after his death in 2016. He had written during his whole life around 500 and 1000 songs.

"I may not have Edward Cullen or Carrie telepathic abilities"
Edward Cullen (Twilight Saga) had the ability to read minds.
Stephen King's troubled Carrie White is a high school student who has telekinetic and telepathic abilities. After being humiliated during prom, she uses her powers to kill her entire town.

"then call me Michael Kelso because she makes me act stupid sometimes"
Michael Kelso is the name of Ashton Kutcher's character in the TV sitcom That 70s Show, which also starred Wilder Valderrama and Mila Kunis. This character was recognized for not being smart.

Χ”ΧžΧ©Χš קריאה

You'll Also Like

242K 7.8K 25
when we're singing side by side, there's so much left unspoken. [ luke patterson x original character ] [ julie and the phantoms ] STATUS: COMPLETED...
157K 3.7K 26
" because even in the afterlife, i am still invisible to you." oh how you wish that he would love you the same way you love him . julie and the phan...
288K 9.4K 59
π™ƒπ™€π™π™Šπ™€π™Ž 𝙂𝙀𝙏 π™π™€π™ˆπ™€π™ˆπ˜½π™€π™π™€π˜Ώ, π˜½π™π™ π™‡π™€π™‚π™€π™‰π˜Ώπ™Ž 𝙉𝙀𝙑𝙀𝙍 π˜Ώπ™„π™€. What do you get when you throw five musically inclined teenagers...
39.2K 834 17
Reggie x OC [Season One Completed] hadley never felt like she belonged in the world. she always felt out of place in her skin. the only times she tru...