The Right Thing To Do { Drac...

By imnessa_

"𝐈𝐭'𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐝𝐨. 𝐈 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮, 𝐃𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠. 𝐃𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐞𝐭 �... More

Author's Note
1- Just The Beginning
2- The Sorting Hat
3- First Day of Classes
4- Best Friend
5- Maturity Levels
6- Worry and Stress
7- The First Lie
8- Quiddich Try-Outs
9-Hogsmeade
10- Amortentia
11-Writing an Essay
12- Scary Kitty
13- Conjuring a Patroness
15-A Letter
16- A Murder
17- Friends Again
18- The Portkey
19- A Familiar Scent
20- Christmas Eve
21- It's Christmas!
22- Iceskating
23- You Mustn't Tell Lies
24- Punishments
25- Draco?
26-Feelings
27- A Whole New World
28- Unexpected Visitors
29-A Task
30-To The Train
31- Back at Hogwarts
32-Dancing to Death
33- Family Meeting
34- The Truth
35- Back Together (ish)
36- Harry?
37- Peppermint, Smoke, and Old Parchment
38- Goodbye
39- Edgar
Epilogue
A/N

14- Relationships

1.7K 33 16
By imnessa_

A/N: I recommend listening to "Always Hate Me" by James Blunt while reading Draco's POV or after this chapter. I feel like he could have written this song after this chapter lol

Evanora

After yelling at Draco, I ran off to lunch. I sat with Ron just like I did for breakfast this morning.

When I sat down, I saw that Ron was already eating away as usual.

"How's your lunch?" I asked.

"Delicious," He answered with a mouth full of food.

"Stop talking with your mouth full," Granger ordered and I laughed.

"Whatever," Ron replied.

I ate a sandwich with ham, cheese, lettuce, and mayo. It was delicious.

"You know, I had a question for you," Ron said and I set my sandwich on my plate, afraid of what he was going to ask.

"What's up?"  I asked.

"I know it's a little in advance, but I wanted to ask before someone else does," He took a breath and his face was red. He seemed nervous. "So do you remember the yule ball two years ago?" He asked and I nodded. "Well they are going to have something like it. Hermione, Ginny, and a few other girls are setting another ball up and," He began to say but Granger cut him off.

"It's going to be winter themed. It will be a month after we get back from holiday. Everyone who goes must have a date, so spread the word," Granger said.

"Oh that's pretty cool!" I replied.

"Well what I was- I was going to ask was," Ron stuttered.

"Ronald wants to invite you to be his date to the ball," Granger said for him and his face was even redder than before. I smiled and said, "of course I'll go with you."
His face lit up and he smiled. We didn't talk for the rest of lunch but after we finished eating and got up to leave, he grabbed my hand and we held hands walking out.

"Aw look at the cute couple," Potter said as he walked by with the Weasley girl who was smirking at Ron.

"Shut it," Ron said.

He pulled me with him and we went down the corridor.

"I'm going to be late to herbology," I spoke up and he said, "you'll be fine".

He stood there for a second and just stared at me. It was pretty awkward. We were still holding hands and we were just standing in the middle of the corridor.

There was nobody around because everyone already rushed to class.

He looked at my eyes and shifted his gaze to my lips then back up to my eyes. Was he going to kiss me?

"Am I making you uncomfortable?" He asked while looking into my eyes.

"No you're okay," I replied and I gave him a sweet smile. He seemed nervous again and I thought that was cute.

"Okay." He leaned in slowly and he pressed his lips to mine for a few seconds then pulled away. He looked at me and we both smiled at each other.

"Have fun in herbology, Nora. Can I call you that?" He asked and I nodded.

"Have a good rest of your day," I said and we parted.

I walked to the greenhouse for herbology and when I walked inside, Professor Sprout greeted me. "Nice of you to join us. Take a seat."

I went to sit in my usual spot, but I realized Draco wasn't there. Odd.

After herbology, I had charms and there was still no Draco.
At dinner, I checked the Slytherin table and Draco wasn't there either. As I walked passed the table, Pansy said, "Mud blood lover, come here."

I walked towards her and she asked, "Have you seen Draco? He's been MIA since lunch!" She whined.

"Sorry, haven't seen him," I answered and went to sit at the Gryffindor table with Ron.

When I sat down he spat out his drink all over the table. I giggled to myself as he frantically tried cleaning up.

"Seriously Ron? You got that all over the place!" Granger whined.

"Here let me help," I said and picked up napkins and helped clean up his mess.

"No, it's fine, I got it," He said and tried to clean but ended up knocking over Granger's class as well.

"Ron!" She screamed as her water drenched her robes. She got up and stormed to the bathroom to dry herself off.

"It's just water, geez," Ron said and I laughed.

"Let me clean this," I wiped the table clean in seconds and Ron just sat there. "Easy," I said as I sat the napkins down on the table and took a seat.

"Thanks," Ron mumbled. He was obviously embarrassed.

"You too are a cute couple," Longbottom complemented and both me and Ron's face went as red as a tomato.

"Neville I-" Ron started.

"We aren't"- I began to say.

"Are we?" Ron asked.

"Are we?" I repeated as we both were stuttering and fumbling over our word. Were we even a thing?
"Shut up and kiss already!" Potter said while Ginny was laughing away.

"I guess we are," Ron smiled at me and I smiled back. I could feel how hot my face was.

As we ate in silence, Ron held my hand under the table like we were boyfriend and girlfriend. I guess we know we are, thanks to Longbottom and Potter.

After dinner, I rushed to my bed to write in my journal. My grandmother gave me a journal to write down all the amazing experiences I've had at Hogwarts when I was a first year. I've never had anything to write about until now.
As I was speed walking to the girl's dormitory I heard my name being called and I turned out to see Theodore behind me.

"Draco wants you," He said. Draco? Now? I was just about to finally write something in my diary! I guess it could wait. I was curious as to where he went all day anyways.

I walked to the boy's dormitory and knocked on the door.

"Come in," I heard a tired voice say. I walked in to see Draco by himself on his bed. I assumed he kicked everyone out so he could talk to me.

When I entered, I made a noise cancelling charm on the room.

"Is there something wrong?" I asked him as I moved towards his bed.

"Yes," He replied.

"Is it about our marks?" I questioned and I bit my lip waiting for a response. If this is about our dark marks, this couldn't be good. Voldemort has only really contacted Draco so I thought that maybe he called me here to inform me. So many conclusions ran through my mind as I anticipated his response.

"No," He replied blankly. A whole weight was lifted off my shoulders. "What are you so happy about?" He questioned.

I thought about telling him about Ron but I decided to not tell him about it.

"Nothing," I said.

"I saw you kiss Weasley," He blurted out. He looked over at me waiting for what I was going to say. Could that have been why I didn't see him the rest of the day? Was he mad I didn't tell him about me and Ron?

"You did?" I didn't even know he was there. He nodded. "Well yeah. We kissed. He asked me to this ball that's happening after the holiday. Then tonight at dinner, he spilled his drink all over the table and I tried helping him clean it but he ended up spilling Hermione's drink too. Then, Neville Longbottom said we were a cute couple and me and Ron were like 'oh we arent' and Harry was like 'just shut up and kiss already' and yeah long story short we're boyfriend and girlfriend now," I rambled and looked at Draco who held a straight face.

Draco's POV

Ouch.

Hearing her ramble on and on about this guy hurt. Of course, I'll act like I don't care and that It doesn't me but in reality, it does. I held a straight face and I kept my emotions trapped inside, as usual.

"You're dating Weasley?" I asked and she nodded happily. "Never saw that coming," I said blankly.

"What do you mean?" She questioned and sat at the foot of my bed.

"Nothing."
"Tell me," She said and stared at me in anticipation. She's so stubborn and I love it.

"You didn't tell me. You lied to me when I asked why you were so happy," I changed the subject.

"I didn't want to bore you with my love life," She said. Why won't she tell me things anymore? I feel that as we grow older, all we do is grow farther and farther apart. When we were younger, she used to tell me everything and I'd always listen. Now, I'm the bad guy who she can't stand. What happened?

"You didn't want to bore me? I'm supposed to be your best friend, right? What happened to that?" I asked harshly. I could tell I surprised her by my change of tone and I immediately regretted it.

"Best friend? Best friends aren't rude, selfish, and obnoxious," She yelled. I was taken back by this. She really thought of me like that, huh?
"Fine. Why don't you go running to your little Gryffindor friends to tell them about your boring love life. I don't know why I even bother with you. Our friendship is over. Have fun with Weasley. When that group drops you for being a slytherin, don't you dare come running back to me. Oh and have fun with Voldemort. I'm not helping you," I barked. I let my jealousy take over my words. Of course, I'll always be there for her and I'll always help her with anything dark mark related.

I looked up at her as tears fell from her eyes. "Fine, we're done!" She cried and ran out. I felt absolutely terrible. I made her cry, plus I lost her forever. What am I going to do next? I screwed everything up.

I walked around the room and threw a few things at the wall. Not my stuff of course, but I didn't care. I really fucked up this time.

A/N: Thanks again for 100 views and enjoy two chapters in one night :) -nessa<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

97.7K 3.6K 110
Uncovering the secrets their souls hold, it is quite clear that Draco and Zilliah are made to be together. That their fate is written upon the stars...
71.4K 2.3K 49
(A Draco Malfoy x she/her Reader fanfiction) Your time as a Hufflepuff at Hogwarts and the Second Wizarding War is a few years behind you as you star...
12.5K 453 46
❛𝐎𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐦𝐲 𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐠𝐞 𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐬 𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐞, 𝐈 𝐬𝐰𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐥𝐥 𝐫𝐞𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐭 𝐢𝐭❜ Grieving over your brother's death sends you into a...
48.1K 1.4K 42
Draco Malfoy: cold, distant, ignorant, rude, arrogant, and above all else, downright gorgeous. Juniper Hartley: caring, intelligent, unfathomably sw...