From Beauxbaton to Hogwarts

By Belle6700

|*|*|WATTYS 2021 SHORTLIST|*|*| (Over 100k words; Completed - 4/2/2021) Lily's cousin, Jasmine, comes to live... More

Chapter 1: Where It All Began
Chapter 2: Meeting the Marauders
Chapter 3: The Sorting
Chapter 4: Pranking with the Marauders [and Classes]
Chapter 5: The Full Moon (and Halloween)
Chapter 6: Christmas Holidays with Lily
Chapter 7: The First of Two Incidents to Come
Chapter 8: O.W.L.s and the Second Incident
Chapter 9: Birthday Forgiveness
Chapter 11: The Christmas Invitation
Chapter 12: Christmas Tears
Chapter 13: Confessions
Chapter 14: The Magic of Christmas
Chapter 15: Happy Christmas Ball and Merry New Year (Part 1)
Chapter 16: Happy Christmas Ball and Merry New Year (Part 2)
Chapter 17: The Changes Between Them
Chapter 18: The Truth about Jily
Chapter 19: Rollercoaster Ride
Chapter 20: Until Next Year
The Sequel

Chapter 10: Back to Hogwarts

124 3 0
By Belle6700

Chapter 10: Back to Hogwarts

A/N Okay, so for now, no more major drama. At least I don't think there will be for now. Enjoy the chapter! 😊 (PS sorry about not updating in a while. Been busy with school and I got a bit too into knitting)

Disclaimer: I don't own the Harry Potter characters or anything Harry Potter related. I do own the OC Jasmine and the plot of this story.

It had been a week since Sirius had come to live with James. James was excited to have his best friend live with him, but he realized soon after Sirius started to live with them that it wasn't going to be easy. Sirius was still adjusting to his new home life. There had been a few incidents already where Sirius had broken a glass or made a mess or something. When it happened, Sirius always cleaned it up immediately while apologizing. He was always reassured that it wasn't his fault or that it was just an accident. Most of the time this worked to calm Sirius down which was promising.

These incidents, though, freaked James out a bit. He knew Sirius was broken, but James couldn't even begin to fathom how to help fix his best friend. He had no idea what to do. James' parents have always loved him. Sometimes they even doted on him, which he didn't mind one bit. James didn't know how to relate with what Sirius had been through. But he did know that he would always be there for his best friend. His parents had told him that the best thing that he could do now was to just be there for Sirius, which is exactly what James planned on doing.

Anyway, besides the incidents, having Sirius live with James was awesome. Since Potter Manor had so many rooms, there was plenty of rooms that Sirius could choose from to be his new bedroom. He ended up choosing the room next to James' bedroom. Sirius decorated the room the way he wanted, for once.

As Sirius began to settle into his new life with the Potters, he was able to relax more. It was about two weeks in when he remembered the extra credit project for Muggle Studies. He still wanted to try and do it, so he asked James for help. He would have reminded Jasmine that she agreed to help him, but he knew she would know something was up when James' owl delivered his letter instead of the owl that had been delivering his letters previously. He wasn't ready to explain why he had James' owl, Merlin, just yet.

So, with James' help, him and Sirius set out to search around for something muggle that could work. It was on this "adventure" that Sirius found the best thing that he has ever had. It was a motorcycle – well it was only the bare bones of one but still. The motorcycle was about to get hauled off when he spotted it. Luckily, him and James managed to stop it, so Sirius now had the frame of a motorcycle. He had no idea how he was going to restore it, but he was determined to make it work. Somehow, he was going to get this motorcycle running again. He knew, though that he wasn't going to be bringing this in for the extra credit project. He didn't care about the extra credit, though. He just wanted the motorcycle.

That is how Sirius found his own summer project to work on for the rest of the summer. Sirius started off by trying to figure out how to fix it up and get it running. Again, he would have asked Jasmine for help, but he wasn't sure how much she actually knew about fixing up motorcycles. Also, by now him and James had agreed that it would be better to tell the rest of the Marauders about Sirius' new living situation in person. It would be better that way.

So instead of asking Jasmine for help, Sirius did his own research by going to a local muggle library and using his Muggle Studies books. By using those resources, Sirius was able to figure out just what kind of motorcycle it was as well as how to fix it up. After figuring out what kind of motorcycle it was, Sirius knew he would need certain parts to fix the motorcycle up. It took almost the rest of the summer, but with James' help, they had found all the parts that they would need to fix up the motorcycle.

Sirius had only just started to fix the motorcycle up when they got their Hogwarts letters. A couple days later they all headed off to Diagon Alley. Since Sirius was disowned, he didn't exactly have any money to buy the books that he needed. The Potters didn't mind helping Sirius out, though. They paid for all of his books that he would need for the coming school year, which Sirius was really grateful for.

The rest of the summer Sirius spent hanging out with James as well as fixing up the motorcycle, which James also helped with. Therefore, Sirius and James ended up spending a lot of time together. And through that time together, it became increasingly more obvious that Sirius realized that he liked Jasmine as more than a friend or sister. So, James being the guy that he was, went straight up to his best friend and asked, "Hey, Padfoot. Do you like Jasmine, like romantically?"

They had been working on the motorcycle at the time, so Sirius managed to hit his head after James asked that. "What?! Why would you say that? I don't like her like that. She is just a friend."

"Sure." The sarcasm was evident in James' voice. "And I don't like Lily like that."

Sirius rolled his eyes and turned his focus back toward the motorcycle, but evidently James wasn't done yet. "Pads, I already know how you feel about her. It had been clear since I saw what you got her for Christmas. You fancy her, so don't you dare lie to me anymore."

Sirius knew James would keep pestering him about this until Sirius admitted the truth. So, in order to avoid James annoying the hell out of him any further he said, "Fine, I fancy her, Prongs." Sirius glanced over at James and saw a smug look on his face. Sirius really wanted to hit him right now.

"I knew it!" James' response was followed by another eye roll from Sirius. "So, when did you figure it out, Padfoot? Cause I know you were still in denial at Christmas."

Sirius really wanted to change the subject, but he didn't think James would let him. "After the 'prank.' I hated it when she wouldn't talk to me or even acknowledge my presence. It drove me mad. It was then that I realized I liked Jasmine more than the friend I thought she was. It was really frustrating seeing her talk with you guys and not me. No other girl had made me feel like this before, Prongs. I don't know what to do." Sirius had stopped working on the motorcycle and was staring at his best friend now.

"Well, Pads, you came to the right person." Sirius started to interrupt to say that he never actually came to James and he didn't need his help, but James wouldn't let him. "Nope, you are getting my help, Pads whether you want it or not. All we need to do it come up with an elaborate scheme to get Jasmine to fancy you back. It will be great."

Sirius rolled his eyes and went back to his motorcycle again. He tuned out James as his best friend began to explain his "master plan" for how to get Jasmine to fancy him. Sirius didn't really care too much. He figured that he would only be able to get with Jasmine after he was able to finally tell her about what he had to deal with at home prior to this summer. Until then, he would just wait and see what would happen.

Before James and Sirius knew it, they were on the train heading for Hogwarts. They were there early enough that they were able to get their usual compartment. They met up with Remus for a short bit before he headed off for his prefects meeting. They also met up with Peter, who was already in the compartment when they go there.

As the boys were getting settled, Lily and Jasmine had arrived on the platform. This time Lily's parents were able to join them on the platform. They helped both girls put their stuff onto the train before hugging them goodbye. Then they broke the new they had been holding back from them.

"I wish I could tell you girls we would see you at Christmas, but I doubt you will want to come home," Mrs. Evans told the girls. They gave her confused looks.

"Why wouldn't we want to come home, mom?" Lily asked her mother.

"Well, when Petunia said she would come home for Christmas and I just think it would be better for you girls to stay at school. She is even going to bring that boyfriend with her." Mrs. Evans gave the girls an apologetic smile.

Both girls groaned in unison. Then they said goodbye again and got onto the train.

"Ugh! Why does she have to come at Christmas? Why not some other time?" Jasmine complained to her cousin. Lily didn't say anything in response. She didn't really know what to say. She still loved her sister, but she knew it would be better if she stayed at school while she was home.

Jasmine had decided to walk with Lily until she found where the boys were sitting. It didn't take long for them to find the boys though. They actually ended up bumping right into them. The girls were knocked down by the force of the boys running into them. Both boys apologized to the girls, then noticing who it was, James exclaimed, "Jazzy! Lily-Pad!" Then he offered Lily his hand to help her up. After also noticing who it was, Sirius offered his hand to Jasmine to help her up. Both girls accepted the help, though Lily didn't stay for long. Once she was off the floor, she made a hasty exit and headed for her prefects meeting. Meanwhile, Jasmine was hugging each of the boys.

"Prongs! Pads!" Jasmine exclaimed. "I feel like I haven't seen you too in forever but really it has only been since July. I missed you both."

"We missed you too, Mare," Sirius responded with. It was much quieter than it would normally be. That was the first thing that Jasmine found odd about Sirius' behavior. She noticed more as the train ride continued.

The second thing Jasmine noticed that was strange about Sirius' behavior happened about a quarter of the way into the train ride. Remus and Lily had stopped in to say hello to them, Lily more begrudgingly, but she wanted to see her cousin. Sirius had been very quiet during the exchange, which Jasmine found strange. See, James was making a fool of himself in front of Lily again, which is when Sirius would usually start teasing James, but he didn't say anything.

The third time happened when they were all together again in the compartment. Remus had noticed Jasmine's bracelet. "Jaz, is that bracelet new?" Remus asked.

Sirius immediately drew his attention to the bracelet that Remus had been talking about. He saw that it was the bracelet he had given Jasmine for her birthday. "Yes, it is. In fact, Sirius here gave it to me for my birthday when he came over." Sirius swears he saw Jasmine blush slightly at that, but he wasn't entirely sure. "I've worn it every day since I got it." That comment made Sirius blush, which Jasmine happened to notice this time. "I don't think I've ever seen Sirius blush before." Jasmine thought. "This is the third thing that has been out of the ordinary for him today. I wonder what is up with him." Jasmine doesn't get to voice her thoughts as the boys "kick her out" so that they can get changed into their robes, which reminds her that she also needs to get changed.

It is during that time that another strange thing happens as well. Sirius actually exits the compartment too. Jasmine wasn't really sure why he wasn't changing into his robes with the other boys, but she didn't mind the company as they walked to the bathroom together.

Then there was the instance that happened after they were all changed. The subject of Muggle Studies came up, which reminded Jasmine again about the extra credit project. She had been reminded about it a couple of days ago by Lily. She had asked her if she had done it. To which Jasmine gasped and realized that she had promised Sirius she would help him with it.

"Sirius, I am so sorry. I forgot all about the Muggle Studies extra credit project. I said I was going to help you with it, and I didn't. I am so sorry." Jasmine felt so guilty. She really hoped Sirius wasn't mad at her for forgetting and backing out of her promise to help him.

"It's no problem, Mare. I decided to not do it. It is no big deal." Sirius brushed it off like it had meant nothing to him, which Jasmine was suspicious of. She remembered how excited he had been about the project and now he was brushing it off like it was nothing. She wondered what had happened since she had last seen the boy that changed his mind about it.

Sirius on the other hand, wasn't going to tell her about the motorcycle he was fixing up. He didn't actually want to tell anyone, except James, until he was completely done fixing it up. It would be his secret project for now. He would eventually tell them all, though. And when he does eventually tell Jasmine, he wants it to be a surprise. Sirius felt that she would be really proud of him for fixing the motorcycle up all by himself – well mostly by himself, James did help him after all.

There were other various strange occurrences that happened on the train, but Jasmine didn't pick up on all of them. These instances were noticeable enough that Remus and even Peter started to notice as well. None of them ended up asking about it until they were at the feast.

Jasmine was the one to broach the subject. "So, Pads, what is up with you? You've been acting strange all day on the train. You weren't like this when I saw you on my birthday, so what's up?"

Sirius glanced at James, who nodded his head. "Well, I ran away from home. Now I live with James. I just couldn't stay there anymore. It was too much."

The others, except James, were gaping at him, obviously surprised. Once the surprise wore off though, Remus and Peter nod their heads in understanding. They knew his home life was bad, but really only Lily and James knew about the abuse. Peter and Remus only knew about the nasty letters and how his parents weren't the best people. They were all about blood purity and what not.

Jasmine, on the other hand, was just left with confusion. "What was so bad about Sirius' home life that he had to run away from home?" Jasmine pondered. When Jasmine thought about it more, she realized how little she actually knew about Sirius' home life. All she knows about his family life is that his family is made up of Slytherins and he is the only Gryffindor. Also, that they are a very pure and historically important family. There has been a lot of interbreeding with cousin marrying cousin to keep the bloodline pure. Jasmine wonders why she knows so little about his family and she was about to ask him why that was. The other boys evidently knew at least more than her, which she found unfair.

Jasmine's question, though, was left unsaid as Dumbledore had stood up to give his usual announcements that he did at beginning of every school year. That was the end of any conversation. Then immediately after they headed up to Gryffindor Tower. On the way there, Jasmine didn't really get the chance to ask her question, either. They boys were too absorbed in their conversation that Jasmine couldn't get a word in edgewise. Then when they reached the common room, they all immediately went to their dorms. By the morning, Jasmine completely forgot all of her thoughts from the previous night.

~~~~~LINE BREAK~~~~~

The first several weeks of the term seemed to fly by. The Marauders and Lily as well as Jasmine had most of their classes together. In Muggle Studies, Sirius and Jasmine sat next to each other again. Jasmine sat next to Lily in several their classes that they shared, but mostly she sat next to Sirius, which Jasmine found a bit odd. It wasn't that she didn't like sitting next to Sirius, but it was how she ended up sitting next to Sirius that was odd, like in Transfiguration. Jasmine wasn't planning on sitting with Sirius in that class. She had actually gone up to James to ask him if he wanted to sit next to her. She never got the chances to ask him, though, because James immediately went to Remus to sit next to him. Jasmine looked around the class and saw that the seat next to Lily was already taken by Mary, but she noticed that the seat next to Sirius wasn't taken. So, Jaz ended up sitting next to him. This sort of thing happened repeatedly where Jasmine would head toward one of the other boys, but the seat was already taken. Although, it didn't always end with Jaz sitting next to Sirius since the seat next to Lily was sometimes open. In the end, Jaz was only sitting next to Lily in Potions, Astronomy, and Herbology. The rest of her classes besides music, Jasmine sat next to Sirius in. Jaz didn't mind this, but she would have liked to have sat with James and Remus each in one of her classes. So, Jasmine ended up spending more time with Sirius by default.

Jasmine also spent more time with Sirius this term. It usually started out with her hanging out with both James and Sirius and sometimes Remus as well, then Remus, if he were there, would usually leave to go read or because he had prefect duties. If it was just Jaz, Sirius, and James, then James would not so subtly disappear. Jasmine noticed every time that he would try and leave. Then she would ask where he was going. He would usually give some lame excuse that Jaz knew wasn't true, but she really didn't care if he wanted to ditch them.

Although, during these hang outs between the three of them (James, Jaz, and Sirius), Jaz could tell there was a difference in the boys. They hadn't acted like they were now the last time she saw them on her birthday. Now she noticed that the arrogance that had been present in James previously had been scaled down. He was still pretty arrogant at times but less so than he was last year. Then there was the fact that James along with Sirius weren't insisting as much that they prank the Slytherins and others in a way that Jaz would consider as bullying.

With Sirius, he almost seemed like a different person at times. Jasmine would sometimes catch him staring at the Slytherin table with worry. She wasn't sure why, though. She knew that Sirius younger brother, Regulus, was in Slytherin, but Jasmine didn't understand the worried look on his face. Sirius hadn't been doing that before, which is why Jaz found it so strange. Then there was the fact that Sirius actually seemed to be more cheerful as if since her birthday he had some kind of weight lifted off his shoulders. It was something that Jasmine was happy about. And with this cheerfulness came less malicious intent to do harm to others. Sometimes he would still try to hex a Slytherin, but Jaz was usually there to stop him from making a choice that he would eventually regret.

What Jasmine didn't know was that the reason Sirius wanted to hex a Slytherin was because it was one of those that were hanging around his brother. He knew that they were the ones like Snape that were messing around with the dark arts. They were not the influence that he wanted for his younger brother. He wanted to do as much as he could for Regulus, but Sirius was starting to realize that it was a fruitless action. That didn't mean that he was going to stop trying to protect him. Although, Regulus wasn't much of a brother to Sirius, Sirius still loved him. Sure, James was more of an actual brother to him, but Regulus was still going to be his brother no matter what.

What Sirius realized, though, after he ran away from home was that Regulus didn't even realize how much Sirius had actually done for him. Regulus had been absent for most of the beatings that their parents gave Sirius. He didn't realize how much Sirius actually cared about him but that didn't matter to Sirius. He didn't need recognition. What Sirius needed was for his little brother to be safe, but he was afraid that he couldn't actually protect him. Still, Sirius made sure to keep an eye on him when he could. He worried about his brother more than he would let on. The only one who truly knew of course was James. Remus knew some of it but not all of it. Peter was just, well, Peter, so he didn't really know much.

So, as the term progressed, Jasmine noticed these changes in the boys. She didn't want to ask them about it, afraid that if she brought it to their attention that they would revert back to their old ways. She really didn't want that, so she left it as it was. She was just happy to see that the boys were starting to grow up and mature. They were learning from their mistakes, which Jasmine really appreciated.

The fact that they were mature actually resulted in Jasmine starting to see them in a new light. She still saw James as the brother she never had, but it was different with Sirius. Jasmine will admit that she always thought that he looked good in a bad boy kind of way. She will even admit that she had a tiny crush on the boy, but she wouldn't act on it. Jasmine had heard the rumors about Sirius many times over. According to the rumors, Sirius was a big ladies' man. He lived up to the bad boy reputation that he had earned. Jaz also heard that he would snog a different girl every week. Although, Jasmine wasn't sure how true any of these rumors actually were since she hadn't actually seen Sirius with many girls. Despite this, Jasmine didn't want to take the chance that they were true, especially since it was just a small crush. It just didn't seem like enough to even consider taking the chance.

This all changes when the Marauders, including Jasmine, are planning a prank. It was to be their second prank of the term. The first one they pulled in the first week of term. Now it was late September and Jasmine was itching to plan another prank. She just loved the thrill of it. They were in the brainstorming phase, which meant that they were all gathered in the boys' dorm room spouting off possible prank ideas. Each of the boys sat on their beds as usual, with Jasmine sitting on to Sirius on his bed as he laid back on it. He had his feet laying across her lap, something he was trying hard not to think about.

James had just spouted off another ridiculous idea that Jasmine knew was meant for the Slytherins even if he didn't specify. His idea, though absurd, had sparked something in Jasmine as well as Sirius. An idea came to the both of them.

"What if we..." Jasmine started to say. The rest of what she was saying was drown out by Sirius' idea.

"We should do..." Sirius suggested, but the other boys couldn't understand him or Jaz because they were talking over each other.

The two realized soon after they started speaking that they were talking over each other. "You go first," Jasmine told Sirius.

"No, you go. I can wait," Sirius insisted.

Jasmine didn't want to argue with him, so she just went first. "So, as I was saying, what if we put each of the house's animals outside their common rooms, well except Gryffindor. Maybe for our house we just put a big plushie of a lion. Don't want a vicious lion that could eat us as we exit the common room. It's just an idea though. What's your idea, Sirius?" Jasmine turned to see that the boy in question was gaping at her.

Sirius shook his head to break himself out of his stupor. "Oh, um, well actually it's pretty similar to yours. I was just thinking that we could transforms some objects into each house's animals and set them loose at dinner or something. I didn't even think about the fact that Gryffindor's animal is a lion. I really love your idea, Mare. It's much better than mine." Sirius ducked his head to hide the blush he knew was forming on his cheeks.

While Sirius was fighting his blush and emotions for Jaz, Jasmine was having her own not friends like thoughts about Sirius. Jasmine couldn't believe that both her and Sirius came up with similar ideas at basically the same time. She knew Sirius was slightly different from her own, but maybe they could combine the two ideas somehow. She liked Sirius' idea as much as her own, which is why she said, "No." That caught Sirius' attention, causing him to look up. "Your idea is great too Sirius. I think there is a way that we can combine both of our ideas. I just came up with a great idea." Sirius gave her a smile and a nod in response.

Then James spoke up. "Well, I think both ideas are fantastic." Sirius glanced over at him. James had a smirk on his face as well as an expression Sirius knew meant that he was up to something. "I think that you both just came up with our next prank. Since it was both of your ideas, I think we can leave the planning to you guys." James gave them a smirk before ushering Remus and Peter out of the room. He wanted to give the 'couple' a little time together. He knew Sirius would know what he was up to, but he didn't really care. He also didn't care to explain to the other boys why they were being ushered out of their dorm room. He just told them to leave the two alone before leaving to go do who knows what. It was the weekend after all.

Meanwhile, after James had pushed the other boys out of the room, Jasmine turned around on Sirius' bed. She was now sitting crisscross facing Sirius, who was now sitting up. He was leaning against the wall with his legs lying next to where Jasmine was now sitting.

Jasmine spoke up first. She smiled and explained her plan. "So here is what I was thinking..."

They spent the rest of the day until dinner in the room planning and incorporating their plans with each other. They did take a few breaks when they got hungry and realized they missed lunch. So, Sirius showed her where the kitchens were. In the kitchens was where Jasmine had the realization that she had been denying all day. Throughout the time the two were planning the prank, Jasmine would relish when they happened to brush each other. It happened a lot after Jasmine got some parchment and a quill. They used it to map out their prank, which involved a lot of them moving their hands around to point things out to the other, and sometimes their hands would happen to brush each other. Each and every time, Jasmine would blush.

So, in the Kitchens, Jaz was joking around with Sirius when they both grabbed for the last biscuit that they had gotten from the house elves. Jasmine pulled her hand away and told Sirius that he could have it. Jasmine had turned away to hide the blush she could feel creeping onto her face. It was then that Jaz realized that her crush wasn't as small as she thought it was originally. Instead, it had steadily gotten bigger since the beginning of the term. Jaz thought back on it and if she was being honest, she already knew that this was going to happen immediately after she started to notice the changes in Sirius' behavior. Jasmine knew it was just a matter of time.

This revelation posed problems for Jasmine though. Knowing that she really fancied Sirius more than a friend ever should, would make it hard for her to hide it. Though, Jaz would make sure she hid it to the best of her ability because she couldn't lose Sirius. Over the short time that she had known him, Jaz had gotten really close to him, and Jasmine didn't know if she could lose yet another person that she was close to again. There was also the fact that she wasn't planning on telling him or the others about her mother. Because of that, Jasmine knew she would feel guilty about lying to him if they were in a relationship. And that was just the stuff about her. There was also the fact that Sirius might not like her back or even if he did, he might not want a long-term relationship that she knew she wanted. She just couldn't take the chance.

After their time in the kitchens, they went back up to finish planning the prank they would be pulling off next week. Although, the atmosphere in the room had changed after Jasmine's self-revelation. She was hyper aware of every move that Sirius would make for the rest of the evening. When they finished the plan, Sirius pulled Jaz into a hug, which was much longer than a platonic one would be. This did give Jasmine hope that Sirius liked her back to some extent, but Jaz couldn't act on her feelings or at least that is what she kept telling herself. It was in this hugging position that the boys found them in. Which is when the two broke apart. Luckily for Sirius, Jaz didn't notice the smirk that James shot at Sirius that came with a wink from the boy. Sirius rolled his eyes at his best friend's antics.

"Hey guys," Jasmine greeted. "You came back at just the right time. We just finished the plan."

All the attention turned to the two as they explained the plan. They all approved of the plan and headed down to dinner together. At the entrance to the Great Hall Jasmine split off from the boys to sit with Lily and her dorm mates. She told the boys that she needed some girl time and would talk with them later. She really just needed to talk to Lily about her sudden realization about her feelings for Sirius.

Dinner with Lily was normal. Nothing really happened until after dinner when on their way back to the common room, Lily pulled her cousin into an empty classroom. "Okay, Mina, what's up? You were quiet for most of dinner. And don't you dare lie to me."

"Well, um, I maybe fancy Sirius."

"Black? You fancy Sirius Black?" Lily let out a laugh before continuing. "So? I figured you already knew that you liked him after I teased you about it when his letter arrived the day before your birthday."

"I did know. But at that point it was only a small crush. How could I not like him, but there was so much stopping me from liking him anymore. The thing is now I realize that it is way past a crush and more like I really fancy him."

Lily stared at her cousin. "Are you serious? You just realized that you really like him!" Jasmine didn't know how to respond, so she just nodded her head. "Wow, Mina. What changed?"

"Well, me and Sirius were practically spending the day together..." Jasmine goes on to tell Lily about everything, except the prank that they were planning. She didn't want Lily stopping her after all.

"Oh, Mina." Lily pulled her cousin into a hug. "There is no way that Sirius would ever leave you. He is one of your best friends."

"You don't know that for sure Lils. Plus, there is the fact that I am still lying to him about my mother. I don't ever plan on telling him or any of the others about that. I would feel so guilty continually lying to him."

"Oh, Mina. I really don't see why you won't just tell them. They would be so understanding," Lily wanted to add that Sirius would especially be understanding, but she promised she wouldn't say anything about what they discussed in the owlery that day. She couldn't break the promise, even though she really wanted to. Also, Lily wasn't sure Jasmine wouldn't even believe her if she told her. No, Jaz would need to hear that from Sirius himself.

"No, I'm not telling them Lils. All I will get from them is pity and I really don't want that. They will treat me like I am broken when I am not." Lily didn't say anything. She just pulled her cousin into a tighter embrace.

Lily continued to comfort her cousin as they headed up to Gryffindor Tower. She really wished she could do more for Jasmine than she was doing right now. She wished she could finally convince Jaz to tell the boys about her mother.

~~~~~LINE BREAK~~~~~

Jasmine didn't mention her feelings for Sirius for the rest of the weekend into the coming week. She did her best to keep them bottled down, which was much harder to do than she thought it would be. As the week progressed though, Jasmine was thankful that besides classes she had the prank to take her mind off of things.

They ended up pulling their prank on Friday. The plan that her and Sirius came up with was to transfigure one thing in each of the common rooms into their house animal. They would do live animal for each house except Gryffindor. For Gryffindor they would just do a giant plushie. They would do this part of the plan the night before, so they petrified each live animal with a timing component installed so that it would start moving around until the morning when people were awake. That was phase one of their plans that they initiated on Thursday. They had luckily found out what the passwords for each of the common room was, well except Ravenclaw which was a riddle that they did solve.

Part two of the plan would come at dinner time on Friday, but before then, they five of them had to hide their giggles at the reactions of the Gryffindors seeing a giant plushie lion in the common room. They also had to hide their laughs at breakfast when they noticed how the other students looked dealing with their animals this morning. They had made sure that none of the animals would try and kill any of the students. They didn't need an incredibly guilty conscious.

The day flew by and soon it was time to implement part 2 of the prank. They all made sure to arrive early outside the Great Hall for dinner, but they didn't go in. They wanted to make sure that there were plenty of students in their before they implemented the plan. This part of the plan would be the trickiest part since it was highly unlikely that none of them would get caught. So, since it really only took two them to implement this part, Jaz and Sirius agreed that they would take the fall. It was their plan, so it was only fair that they took the fall. The others headed into the Great Hall with no argument.

Once Jaz and Sirius were sure there were enough people in the Great Hall, they implemented part 2 of the plan. This part of the plan was where Sirius original idea came into fruition. They made a few tweaks though. The plan was to release the live version of each of the houses' animals, even Gryffindor, although the lion would be a small cub. When a spell hit the live animal, it would burst into a bunch of plushies of the animal. If the animal wasn't hit by a spell by the time it reached the table it was supposed to go to, then the animal would automatically burst into stuffed animals after reaching the table. To make it go smoothly, they would do one animal at a time.

The prank went off without a hitch. And surprisingly none of them got into trouble. Jasmine and Sirius had luckily been able to sneak into the Great Hall unnoticed because of the chaos. After each time the animal exploded into plushies, everyone would laugh, even the Slytherins. It was a brilliant idea that brought Jaz and Sirius even closer together.

A/N Btw the motorcycle idea I found from a picture I found off of Pinterest (it was an idea from Tumblr I believe). I thought it was an excellent idea, so I used it. Anyway, I hope you really enjoyed this longer chapter, especially after I haven't been posting so much lately. I will try to write one more chapter this week, but we will see what will happen.

😊 Until next time my lovely readers, Knk6700 😊

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

69.1K 2.5K 17
**Book 1 in the Bally Bloodline Series** Jasmine Bally, a Muggleborn Ravenclaw going into seventh year, prefers her school life to her home life, eve...
Scars By Kensy

Fanfiction

1.8K 87 19
*Sequel to Third Times the Charm* After the fiasco at the Potter's, Arell finds herself scarred more than just physically as a whole new side of hers...
2.4K 105 46
Going to Hogwarts is nothing like attending any other school. For one, you get to live most of the year in the grand and majestic castle. Second, you...
576K 15.8K 76
Freya loves Sirius Black, but is too scared to tell him. * * * * Can I just love you in my heart, love you in my mind? Or do I have to find the gut...