Hate that I Love You

By KaylaJenkins2

"We met in Miami, she was working at the mall at the time and I bumped into her at the gas station on the way... More

Prologue
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
A/N
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty Two
Twenty Three
Twenty Four
Twenty Five
Twenty Six
Twenty Seven
Not an Update
Twenty Eight
Twenty Nine
Thirty
ANNOUCEMENT
Thirty One
Thirty Three
Thirty Four
Thirty Five.I
Thirty Five.II
Epilogue

Thirty Two

9.9K 321 12
By KaylaJenkins2

I tried something new with this chapter hope y'all like it...

Dave

2 months ago...

"Babe be still." Monté says combining out my hair from the roots. Haven the girl who normally braids my hair called in sick so Monté offered to braid my hair, my baby.

"It's crazy I'm really going to be doing you and Kairi's hair." She says laughing. I smile thinking about our future now that our daughter will be here soon.

"I'm shaving my hair when see's born that's the day I officially become a father so I want to look like one I just want to start over fresh." I explain leaning back in between her legs resting my forearms on her knees as she parts my hair.

"I think that's cute babe, Kairi got her a good daddy and I'm glad you're trying for her." She says kissing my cheek before going back to combing out my hair.

"I'm trying for both of y'all, For Kairi because I wanna be the daddy she can talk to about anything and know I got her back. For you because you never had that father figure and I know you want that for our baby girl so it's really for both of y'all."

"And I have no doubt in my mind that you're telling the truth." She says braiding my hair from the scalp gently.

Present Day

I open my eyes weakly hearing the monitor beep next to me. I look around to see Smoke sitting in the chair next to me, assuming he's waiting for me to wake up .

"S...Smokee." I say softly turning my head to him. He raises his head from his hands sitting up in his seat.

"Ayee man wassup, I thought we was gonna lose you back there cuz..how you feeling?" He asks.

I sigh looking down at where I was shot at. "I'm sore as fuck but I'll be igh. Where is Monté? Is she okay?" I ask sitting up a little bit.

He grabs my pillow propping it up for me. "She's good...Well her and baby Kairi are good." He begans to say causing my heart to sink in my chest.

"She had Kairi.....damnn my baby went through that shit alone...FUCKK MANN!....I was supposed to be there for her." I cover my eyes with my hands in deep thought.

"She's good though bro, Jaz is with her and Kairi," I nod my head feeling only a little bit better that atleast she had some support.

"Why do I feel so weak bro." I complain cover my face with my arm.

"You lost a lot of blood man...when I found you and Shoota at the club it was damn near too late for both of y'all...I didn't know which one to save first so I called 911 and they came as quick as they could. They still waiting on Shoota to wake up, you gon pull through tho." He says rising out his chair. He gets up and kneels down grabbing a nike backpack.

"I know you wanna see your daughter..Doc said take it easy but once you get dressed I can walk you over there." He says setting the bag on the bed.

"Preciate you cuh, I gotchu homie fasho." I promise doing our handshake. I slowly rise of the bed turning on my good side so I can get out the bed.

I grab my bag and close the back of the hospital gown walking slowly to the bathroom. This pain damn sho ain't going to go away over night, I thought to myself as I attempted to put on my clothes the normal way.

I raise up my shirt viewing my stomach that was wrapped up tightly. Smoke said I lost a lot of blood, standing up made me realize how much I might've lost.

"Smokeee." I call out trying to put on my hoodie.

He comes rushing in the bathroom. "You good?" He asks slightly closing the door. I shake my head no in frustration. "Help me pull this over my head bro, I didn't know all my strength was gone like that." He nods his head helping me put on my hoodie.

"Yeah man you did lose a good amount of blood but you gon be straight, especially once you see this beautiful little girl." He say smirking.

Kairi, My princess...Man I'm so excited to see her. "Yeah let's go." I slip on my slides and pick up the bag off the floor before we walk back in the room. I set the bag down on the bed and follow him out the door.

*

Monté

"....So precious," I say softly as I watch my baby sleep while sucking on to my nipple. I smile slightly. I never knew you could feel so much love for someone so much, this little girl changed everything for me.

I hear a knock on the door, I cover up my boob with a blanket and look up seeing Smoke and Dave walk in. Tears fill my eyes seeing his face and knowing all we've been through but he kept his promise.

He walks over to the bed and sits on the edge kisisng my forehead slowly. "I'm sorry you had to go through this alone, you was right I should've never went back in that club but if I didn't Shoota would've bleed out on that floor and died without non of his patnas or family with him. But I'm-" I stop him placing my finger over my mouth.

I smile handing him Kairi, I pull my gown back up and sit up in the bed. He looks down at her playing with her fingers, a tear rolls down his cheek but he quickly wipes it.

"She's beautiful oh my gosh thank you baby." He says turning to kiss me. I grip his chin kissing him once more.

"Are you okay?" I ask.

He nods his head. "Doctor said I lost alot of blood so I gotta take it easy but I'm straight especially now I got my two favorite girls here to help me get through this shit." He explains.

"So what all happened?" He looks at me and shakes his head.

"To be honest with you baby..I thought I died so I really don't remember too much of nothing all I remember is I was shot but whoever shot me they didn't want it to be known cause they shot me from behind and they didn't want me dead because they could've did something worse they my stomach." He says looking down at Kairi.

"I really should go see if my patna is alright but I need to hold my daughter first...I had to hold her first." He says kissing her forehead.

I yawn stretching my arms. "Ughh I didn't know I was gonna have her so I don't have none of our clothes or anything I'm waiting on Jaz to come back with my food to see if she can go pick me up something." I say.

"I'll go with her just let me know what you need." Smoke says sitting in the corner. I smile nodding my head.

"Thank you Smoke, I really appreciate everything you've done for us." I say. He nods his head.

"You know y'all my family...shit all I got really." He confessed.

Without Smoke all of our night's would've ended very differently and I'm just grateful he made to all of our rescues when we needed him the most.

*

Jaz

"Where you from?" Smoke asks making small conversation as we rode back to Shoota house to get Monté and the baby some clothes.

"East Chicago born and raised, wbu?" I ask looking up from my phone.

He licks his lips before speaking. "Born in Richmond, moved to LA when I was like 7 and then I moved to New York a few years after graduation." He goes to say. "You smoke?"

I nod my head. "Yeah."

"Igh cause I was gon roll my up a blunt when we make it...a nigga had a long night and I just need to relax." He explains busting a left cruising down the street Shoota stay on.

"I feel you, I need to take me a shower and maybe we can smoke that blunt once I get out." I say as he pulls up in the driveway.

"Sounds like a bet to me."
———-

"Oh my gosh what the fuck.." I laugh passing him the blunt.

"Hell yeah when I made it outside all my damn rims and shit was gone, she keyed my car, busted out every window and all my tires was slashed...every since then I been like hell nah fuck a relationship." Smoke says telling me the story on why he's single.

"But what about you..I'm being real with you, you're a beautiful woman you seem like you got your head on straight why don't you have nobody?" I look at him smirking.

"We gon need something stronger than this weed for this conversation." I say getting up walking to the bar fixing us both a glass of hennessy.

I sit back down on the couch as he passes me the blunt. "My ex was cheating on me with that crazy bitch Paris that claimed to be Dave baby momma...when I found out I was humiliated in a way because I been with this nigga for years and he never showed me signs that he was cheating but this one bitch comes along and he just says fuck everything we had everything we've built and I just snapped not gon lie...I snapped." I inhale the blunt deeply causing me to cough. Smoke gently pats my back.

I take a sip of hennessy and inhale the blunt once more before passing it back. "So yeah long story short, I went to her house and they was in the middle of having sex. I beat his ass and I beat her ass and shot up all four of their tires and still managed to bust outta there before the cops rolled up." I confess. Smoke looks at me but the way he was looking at me was like he could see straight through me.

"But you don't seem like that typa person, as long as I den seen you around Monté you seemed loving and supportive and just chill why let one nigga have so much power of you?" I take another shot thinking hard at that question.

"I honestly don't know...I just don't like being embarrassed and disrespected and I just feel like he should've been a man about the shit snd told me from the jump." I say.

He raises his glass. "Well cheers to you not giving another nigga all that power over you." We clink our glasses together both taking a heavy shot.

"I most definitely can't drive right now you wanna watch a movie or something until we back sober." He offers. I smile nodding.

"Yeah that's cool what all the movies he got?" I ask picking up the remote.

*

Dave

I kiss Monté's forehead gently looking down at her as she sleeps peacefully. The nurse came and got Kairi to do more tests on her so we can all go home tomorrow.

"Baby I'm finna go check on Shoota." I say whispering in her ear. She nods her head getting more underneath the covers.

I close the door behind me walking to the ICU. I ask the nurse where he was and follow her to his room.

When we make it to the room I began to feel nervous I don't know how he look and I didn't never expect to see my right hand man laid up in the hospital.

The nurse leaves me by myself to walk in the room, I turn the corner seeing Shoota laid up in the hospital bed connected to monitors and an oxygen machine. I shake my head looking away.

"Ay....ee...D-"He attempts to say before I stop him.

"It's igh man you ain't gotta say nothing, listen to me Ian going no where till you out of here and we find out who did this shit cuh real talk." I say aggressively. He grabs my arm making me look down at him.

"Ke..i..ii...sha." Everything just goes blank, my mind...the room just everything. If Keisha is the one that did this shit this finna be a war between me and her this ain't about my friends and family now more, this shit is personal.
_________________
How did y'all like the chapter? Sorry for the wait life has been real busy for me lately but I'm working hard to finish this story and Yes, there will be a sequel...and y'all are going to love it because I know I'm going to love writing it.

Thank you guys for your support and on to the next chapter...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

355K 12.9K 67
I saw her and I knew from that moment on I would never love someone the way I love her. Mature content New writer -this story is not edited so please...
66.7K 1.1K 34
"you make me feel all these feelings n' emotions I've neva felt before" - π…π„ππ‘π”π€π‘π˜ πŸπŸŽπŸπŸ’
251K 8.3K 50
Living in Mobile has it times. Nobody wants to get out of this city more than me. I'm Lauren Savage... I guess my name kinda speaks for itself. 20, S...
193K 6.6K 35
We're back with our favorite couple Carmen and Tony ! Having now finished highschool, we get into the lives of the two young adults. College life, a...