The Snakes Princess (Draco Ma...

By Jiminie_mochi1013

(Y/n) Riddle, thought going to Hogwarts would be great, but it'll prove to be drama filling and dangerous. Wi... More

Welcome! Introductions!
Prolouge
First year | Malfoy Manor
First year | Hogwarts
First year | Classes and Chaos
First year | Saint Potter
First year | Valentines day
First year | Holy hades
End of first year
Summer | Coming Home
Second year | Diagon Alley fight
Second year | Drama
Second year | Terrible day, really
Second year | Slytherin
Second year | Rogue bludger
Second year | Christmas plan
Second year | Bloody Walls and Nightmares
End of Second Year
Summer | Training & Surprises
Third year | Train Ride of Unhapiness
Third year | Tea Leaves Of Doom
Third year | Real feelings
Third year | Invisible Snowball fight
Third year | Sirius Black
End of third year
Summer | Quidditch World Cup
Fourth Year | Visitors
Fourth year | Ferret
Fourth year | Yule ball
Fourth year | Death & Divination
End of Fourth Year
Summer | Old Friends
Fifth year | Frog lady
Fifth year | Trouble
Fifth year | Dumbledore's Army
Fifth year | Storm brewing
Fifth year | Department of Mysteries
End of Fifth Year
Summer | Different Perspectives
Sixth year | Secrets & Love
Sixth year | Potions
Sixth year | Almost
Sixth year | The Slug Club
Sixth year | Curse
End of Sixth Year
Summer | As The World Caves In
Seventh year | Escape & Apollo
Seventh Year | Radios & Gods
Seventh year | Cyclopes & Time
Seventh Year | Quest Takes a Turn
Battle of Hogwarts
Battle of Hogwarts II
Battle of Hogwarts | The Aftermath
Five years later | Return
Weddings & Reality
A Year later | Babies & Names
Authors note| IMPORTANT
Another Authors Note
Bonus Chapter | Arabella & Regulus
Bonus Chapter | Aaron & Harley
Bonus Chapter | Castor & Leo
Bonus Chapter | Scorpius & Arabella & Adrien
Sequel News

Fourth year | Cold Welcome Back

2.1K 69 7
By Jiminie_mochi1013

Your POV ~

"Trust me, it was an interesting match and Krum did well, but it was exhausting." I sighed.

Millicent and Blaise were worried about the aftermath, especially since it had the mark of someone we knew too well.

"How did you not get in trouble for underage magic? Was it your mother?" Blaise asked.

I shook my head, looking around. I checked to make sure the compartment door was closed.

"I used an ancient type, it runs in my family. We were well liked by the goddess Hecate and as each woman joined her temple, she granted us power. We got the extra boost in power when they traveled to the new world in search of help from a powerful witch."

They looked unsurprised, which was my same reaction. My family history is complicated on both sides, and each time I learn something new, it makes more sense as to why we get criticized by non-Greek pureblood traditionalists.

"That's why you didn't get in trouble, because it wasn't magic from our world." Millicent nodded.

I shrugged, Draco walked in and sat down next to me with Parkinson sitting by Millicent. Blaise looked at me confused and I sent the same look back.

Draco always did this, was close to me, but then immediately became distant. It felt like a tradition each year.

"So," Millicent started, "any guess as to why we were required to bring dress robes this year?"

I shook my head, it was weird that it was required this year. Maybe something special was happening.

"I wish my mother would've just bought me something less...expensive and flashy." Blaise sighed.

He had shown us earlier, his mother bought him dark red dress robes and they were nice and very...vampire like for a choice.

"Did you see Weasley's robes? Dear god, they looked like something straight out of the eighteen hundreds." Draco scoffed.

I looked at him blankly, blinking slowly and I turned my attention elsewhere.

"I have mine, but I'm not too sure about them. Mainly the color, I'll show you and Millicent when we get to Hogwarts." I said to Pansy.

Pansy nodded, but she looked at Draco and gave him a look.

I turned my head and met his eyes, "We need to talk, (Y/n)."

Pansy looked at Millicent, instantly they got up and left the compartment, dragging Blaise too. Before closing the door, they drew the blinds as well, but I knew they'd try to listen in. I moved to the seat across from him, crossing my legs with an expecting look.

"Alright, what is it? Your father said you can't be associated with me, he's planning to get me expelled again, or is he going to try something else this year?"

Draco shook his head, but he looked hesitant to tell me what was going on with him.

"It's not that, but I'm worried about you. After everything that's happened, you know who's presence is stronger than ever. You having the same blood running in your veins worries me, especially the consequences if it's found out."

My parents had already lectured me about all of this and about staying low for the remainder of this year.

"I'm being careful Draco, my family and I have this covered the best we can."

I opened the door to let the others back in, because this was all something that didn't need to be talked about. The rest of the ride was long and awkward.
-

-

-

-
Time skip ~

We stood looking out, there was thunder overhead and it began pouring rain. The rain felt like ice, luckily we don't take the boats since we're not first years.

I looked at Millicent and Pansy, we each covered each other's heads and ran to the horseless carriages, the doors snapping shut. Getting out of the carriages and into the halls of Hogwarts, immediately I felt something cold and wet hit my head. I looked up and saw a red water balloon nearly hit Millicent and one got on Pansy's robes.

"PEEVES!" An angry voice yelled, "Peeves come down here at ONCE!" Professor McGonogall came dashing out of the Great Hall.

Peeves was up to his usual mischief, but this felt a bit more personal than usual.We went inside the Great Hall, going to the Slytherin table I sat with Millicent and Blaise once again. The sorting ceremony was always a long one and rough for any kid who got Slytherin.

The hat sang its new song and the sorting ceremony commenced. I hated it each year, because they'd always boo and yell at kids who got into Slytherin. Mainly the gryffindors did it.

One poor boy who was unfortunate enough to be the first sorted in our house, was booed by Fred and George as he walked to us. I made room for him and he sat beside me, a solemn look on his face.

"It's not as bad as they make it out to be, I promise." I whispered to him.

He looked up at me, nodding slowly and he stayed silent beside me. We continued watching and I assured the newly sorted students it wasn't that bad in this house. Before the feast we always had Dumbledore give a speech.

"The delegations from Beauxbatons and Durmstrang will be arriving at 6 o'clock on Friday the 30th of October. Lessons will end half an hour early. Students will return their bags and books to their dormitories and assemble in front of the castle to greet our guests before the Welcoming Feast."

We also had a new DADA teacher, Moody, he was a colleague of my fathers. He wasn't what I imagined, mainly because he had made a dramatic entrance and drank from a flask.
Good luck teaching, the position has been cursed forever.

I would be surprised if he didn't try to kill Harry or get him in trouble. With the feast we ate our shares, the prefects finally taking us to our dorms.

They showed the first years the dorms and told them about the passwords. Millicent and I bound up the steps to our room, which we've had together for four years now.

"Is everything okay with you and Draco?" She asked abruptly.

I didn't even know the answer to that, because I hadn't had a chance to talk to Hermione and Ginny yet.

"Yeah, but I'm freezing right now so I'm going to change." I quickly dropped the subject.

I changed out of my robes and put on my pajamas. They were satin and pink, not my first choice but all I could throw into my trunks.

"Wow~, those are cute." Millicent said in a teasing tone.

I rolled my eyes, getting in my chair at my desk and I began reading. I flipped through the crunchy pages of the Grimoire, most of the spells were in Greek or some in old Norse. They were hard to decipher without the English translations, but it was a start.

Millicent peered over my shoulder, "What are you looking for?"

I found the spell I wanted and ripped the page out.

"Mind bringing me the wooden box?" I pointed to where it was in the room.

Millicent brought it over, looking at the spell to try and find out what it was. I brought out the oil, anointed the candle with it and I rolled it in some herbs. I got a match and lit the candle, a clear veil going around our room. Millicent looked around in awe, especially at the candle emitting a golden aura.

"Privacy candle, now we can talk without fear of someone listening in," I turned in my seat to face her, "I lied about Malfoy. We're not dating and I'm not even sure what's going on anymore."

She gave me a pitiful look, "What's wrong? I know he's distant and teases you a lot, but that's a given for him, no?"

She wasn't wrong, I should've expected this.

"I know, his distance is something that's going to happen regardless. I just wish it didn't have to, and talking isn't helping any." I sighed.

Millicent frowned, taking my hands she gave me a small smile, "You mentioned your dress robes, mind showing me now?"

I smiled, blowing out the candle I got up to get my dress on, but she stopped me quickly.

"Where's your necklace?"

My hand went to my neck, the necklace that Draco gave me was gone. I've had it the whole night, so when did I lose it?

"Mind checking the room? I'll go down real quick and check the common room, no one is down there at this time." She nodded and I ran down the steps quickly and quietly, cold in my pajamas.

Draco's POV ~

I couldn't sleep, so I decided to read in the common room. Most of the night was Blaise lecturing me for being cold towards (Y/n). But it felt the other way around. I stopped when I saw someone frantically looking around.

They looked under a chair and grabbed something, a relieved sigh coming from their mouth. I recognized the necklace in their hands, it was (Y/n) looking for the necklace I gave her. She clasped it around her neck and turned around, stopping when she saw me.

"Lost your necklace?"

Her eyes searched my face, "Couldn't sleep?"

I nodded as she tucked some hair behind her ear and looked around awkwardly. She was unsure of what to say, and so was I.

"I should—uhm, I should go back upstairs, it's a bit cold down here."  She stood awkwardly, it was cute how she was acting.

Without thinking, I threw my book down and walked closer to her. She backed up, bumping into the couch behind her, she looked at me. I put a hand to the side of her face, looking from her eyes to her lips.

"Draco, what are you doing?" She whispered.

I put my thumb to her bottom lip, stroking it gently. She breathed in sharply, her eyes looking at me this entire time. The green light of the room made her look even more stunning.

Her eyebrows were knit together as she looked at me. I wanted to kiss her, and I wanted to apologize, but this wasn't what I wanted our first kiss to be like.

"You feel ice cold, you should go to bed, Princess."

She looked at me shocked. I moved my hand from her face and took her hand. I kissed her knuckles and went back upstairs.

I hadn't even realized I'd been distancing myself from her, but self preservation was at its finest right now. I'm not worried she'll hurt me, I'm worried I'll hurt her. I've done it almost every year now, but I won't this year.

Mentally I slapped myself, I should've asked her on a date for when we go to Hogsmeade, or a date in general.

Going back to my room, Blaise was awake, "You're back. Did you read the book?"

I looked down at the book in my hands, setting it down and I took off my robe.

"No, I was distracted so I just came back."

He nodded tiredly, crashing back onto his pillow and slept instantly. I got in bed and thought about what happened downstairs. I wondered if she thought about me after that, or if she was too busy having nightmares to think about me.

A/n: sorry this is a bit short, but the next one will be longer :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

915 23 24
The war is over and seven 8th years have decided to return to Hogwarts. One tall handsome Slytherin finds himself at odds. He seems to have tripped a...
3.9K 101 13
"If my dad could hear us, you'd already be dead, Ron." My name is Evelyn Willow Jane - or, as most people call me, Evie. I've lived with the Malfoys...
1.7M 67.9K 69
COMPLETED 4/4/2021 "The people who often times do terrible things, are the same ones who have had terrible things done to them." After Lord Voldemort...
115K 3.7K 24
Not my best kind of works. Please read my other Fanfictions instead: Birth of Hell || Riddle Draco's Revival || Malfoy *Discontinued* "It was beaut...