Princess Midnight and the Son...

By Sparkey0322

There's a new Ravenclaw student at Hogwarts: the curious crown princess of England. Draco Malfoy catches her... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35

Chapter 17

250 8 1
By Sparkey0322

A/N in this fic they have one bathroom in each dorm room because I am NOT making my characters deal with some grimy one with Moaning Myrtle. Also, y'all BETTER read Luna's lines in her voice otherwise it doesn't hit the same.

Draco's POV

"A runner? GRrrRUGh," I kicked the wall furiously.

"Having trouble?" Luna Lovegood walked closer to me, wearing a hat with a knitted possum sitting atop her head.

"I'm just trying to get into the Ravenclaw common room and this stupid door knocker won't- hang on a minute. Could you let me in?"

"I'm not sure," she looked at the door in thought.

"Please, Luna, I just want to see my gir- uh Princess Anastasia," I pleaded.

"I do see you hanging around her often. And you seem awfully frustrated. I'm not one to break the rules but..." The girl's soft voice spoke her thoughts aloud.

"I just want to give her a gift," I held up the package in my hand.

"Oh what is that? Don't feel the need to answer. I can tell if someone doesn't want to say something."

"It's just... something for the ball. She's my date."

"How lovely. Your intentions are pure. I couldn't deny the princess a gift from a boy who's so in love with her."
"I am not- I didn't say- I-" I stammered.

"I can see it in your eyes when you speak of her," she stated plainly and stepped towards the door. "Hello, mr. door knocker!"

"Oh Luna! My favorite student! Thank goodness you're here, this boy simply would not leave! Now, what is always coming but never arrives?"

Luna's face lit up. "Tomorrow! Oh this was an easy one."

I grumbled and walked through the door into the Ravenclaw common room. I'd never been in here before. The walls were lined with books and an eagle tapestry hung from the ceiling.

There were only a few Ravenclaw students standing inside but they all turned to stare at me and it made my heart pick up speed.

Chin up, I remembered my father's words. But I couldn't get rid of the panicked feeling their stares gave me.

"Luna," I caught the girl just before she turned the corner. "Which dorm is Anastasia's?"

"It's just through there on the left. They have the royal crest on the front of the door now. It's hard to miss it."

I stomped down the hall and pounded on the door. When nobody answered, I swung it open and saw that the bathroom door inside was locked.

I knocked.

"Lucy?" Anastasia's bright voice rang from inside.

"Draco, actually."

Her voice lit up even more. "Draco? What are you doing here?"

"I've come to bring you a gift."

"You couldn't have waited a few minutes?"

"No. It just came in and I want to show you. It'd make me very happy if you would come out right now, Midnight."

"I don't think it'd make you so happy if I walked out right now in my towel."

I laid my forehead against the door, "I don't think you have any idea how happy that'd make me."

There was a pause, but I could nearly hear her blushing through the door. "Give me a minute, Malfoy."

A minute. A minute, a minute, a minute. I wandered about the room, picking up books and statues and pictures in frames.

"That is not yours to touch," the bee had just entered the room. I could never remember her name.

"Oh," I placed down the picture of her and her mother back on the nightstand.

"What are you doing in our dorm room?" She seethed as if I were her greatest enemy. Perhaps I was.

"I'm just waiting for Anastasia. Don't get your panties in a twist, love."

"You have no right to speak to me that way."

"Why? What have I done to you?"

She took a step back and then marched towards me. "What have you done? What have you done to me? Of course Draco Malfoy bullies so many people that he can't even remember!"

"Bully? I bullied you?"

"You're ridiculous!"

"When did I bully you?"

She huffed. "You really don't remember? First year. You called me bumble bee. Every time I walked down the halls you and your friends ran in circles around me saying I talked so much that I was like a pesky, buzzing bee," she spat the words at me.

I lifted the bee pendant from her chest, but she smacked my hand away. "You seem to have embraced it."

"I had to," she glanced at the floor, fiddling with the necklace in her fingers.

"I'm sorry... uh what's your name again?"

"Lucy."

"I'm sorry, Lucy. I didn't even know."

She squinted at me quizzically. "You really love her, do you?"

"I don't love anyone." It was my turn to look away.

"Don't break her heart, Malfoy. She's perfect. She's my best friend. If something happens to her, I'll kill you myself."

"Understood, bumble bee."

At that, Anastasia opened up the door, wringing her hair out with a towel. "Oh Lucy, I thought I heard you. Sorry, Draco came by to see me."

"I noticed." Lucy locked eyes with me and then said, "I'll be in the common room."

"You two are getting along well I see," Anastasia joked as the door clicked shut. Her hair was still dripping. She had thrown pajama shorts and a t-shirt on.

"Don't get me wrong, you're lovely, but you'd look even better in one of my shirts."

She chuckled, "you've been a bit cheeky today."

"I guess I flirt when I'm excited, especially in the presence of a pretty girl. I have something to show you."

"Ah yes. My gift." She squeezed her eyes shut and held out her hands, palms up.

I moved her to sit down on her bed and then pulled the fabric from the box, holding it out in front of me. "Alright, open your eyes."

Anastasia's POV

"Alright, open your eyes."

I let the light in and blinked for a second, putting a hand over my mouth when I realized what he was holding up.

It was a midnight blue ball gown with lace and embroidery creeping down the sides in all different shades of the color. The top of it had gold beading which shone in such a way that you almost had to squint to look at it.

"I know you have plenty of dresses, but I thought-"

"It's absolutely perfect, Draco," I stood up to admire it and the cheesiest grin spread across the slytherin boy's face.

"There's something in the sleeve, I er- here." He lifted it and pointed out the snake pattern down the side. "A little bit of slytherin."

"Perfect," I whispered, letting my fingers trace the ornamentation.

"Try it on?"

I shook my head, "no. You'll get to see it in a few days... with me on your arm."

"Ahhh m'lady?" He reached out for my hand and bowed.

"My good sir," I tipped up my chin and took his hand in mine. He yanked me in quickly and our chests smacked together. Our fingers intertwined and the other arm slipped around my waist.

"May I have this dance?" He dipped me and, scared he was gonna drop me, I grabbed the material of his shirt. "Are you scared?" He acted offended.

"No, no I-"

"Do you not trust me?" He pretended to drop me, but grabbed me again immediately.

A nervous laugh escaped my mouth, "ah! No no I trust y- AH!"

His arms wrapped around me and hoisted me over his shoulder, "It sure doesn't seem like it!"

The boy started to bounce up and down as I squealed and smacked him on the back.

"Draco, stop! Put me down! AH! Put me down!"

He spun in circles before tossing me onto my bed.

"I'll be eagerly awaiting the sight of you in my present." He walked backwards towards the door before opening it and walking out. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

79.5K 1.9K 41
"A slow burn fic about Hermione Granger and Draco Malfoy taking dance lessons to learn the Tango. As the comedy builds, so does the tension -too bad...
157K 2.9K 23
Harry potter is going to Hogwarts. But he's not the only one. He finds that he has a long lost sister. Follow her as she finds powers no one thought...
619K 17.3K 38
The war is over. Everyone has to retake the previous year at Hogwarts. Hermione Granger is made Head Girl and Draco Malfoy is made Head Boy. Tensions...
861K 26.6K 60
Y/n L/n is a new student at Hogwarts of witchcraft and wizardry. She is housed in the same house as her brother and her deceased mother. She begins t...