Orion's Belt | d.m

By haruhiifowl

"I know that you're not used to this but will you let me teach you? Try not to wander off too much don't let... More

Cast
1.0
1.1
1.2
1.3
1.4
1.5
1.6
1.7
1.8
1.9
1.10
1.11
1.12
1.13
1.14
1.15
1.16
1.17
1.18
1.19
1.20
1.21
1.22
1.23
1.24
1.25
1.26
1.27
1.28
1.29
1.30
1.31
1.32
1.33
1.34
1.35
1.37
1.38
1.39
1.40
1.41
1.42
1.43
1.44
1.45
1.46
epilogue

1.36

1.2K 63 25
By haruhiifowl

"I thought you died! Your father told me so!" I shouted at Theo who laughed, running a hand through his unruly brown hair.

"Nah, I was just holed up in Hogwarts for a bit. But then some shit went down," Andromeda hit him with a parchment as he laughed, "some stuff went down so I had to go into hiding. Auntie Meda has been helping me since then." I smiled at Theo.

I had known Theo for years since both of our fathers were Death Eater. He looked much better now. Not as thin and lanky but instead more healthy looking.

"What's up with your hair, Theo? You trying to grow a ponytail?" He laughed, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Auntie Meda likes my man bun. Suck it, Dolohov."

"Language! Don't speak like that to a woman." Andromeda frowned as I smiled, taking a sip of my tea. It was much richer than the ones I had at the Malfoy Manor.

"I'm out of the loop. What's happened with you? Where's your dad?" Theo asked, leaning on the table with his elbows.

"He's dead."I stated flatly. Theo looked at me in shock.

"I'm..so sorry, Dolohov, I didn't mean.."

"No, no, it's okay Theo. It was a while ago." I smiled at him as he seemed to relax slightly. "I was staying with the Malfoy's for a bit before..well Draco's decided to get married."

"Draco?! Married? What?!" Theo spurt out as I smiled slightly at his reaction.

"Yeah..he's marrying Pansy in April."

"Parkinson?! That mouse brain of a woman?!"

"Theo!" Andromeda snapped, frowning at him. He raised his hands in apology.

"Aunt Meda, if you knew Pansy Parkinson you would think the same thing. I thought that was a whole prank!"

"Yeah, so did I." I muttered, taking another sip of my tea.

"You liked him didn't you?" Theo teased, smirking at me when I almost spat out my tea. I glared at him as he wagged his eyebrows at me.

"Yeah well. It doesn't matter anyway. The Malfoys would never accept a halfblood into their family." Theo winced at the venom in my words. He placed his hands behind his hand.

"Well, at least you won't have to stick around for an ugly baby! Amiright?!" Theo was trying to lighten the mood as I rolled my eyes at him, even Andromeda sighing. Theo laughed, leaning the chair back to balance on two of the legs.

"Did they get ya tho?" He looked down towards my arm as I frowned at him.

"Yeah, unfortunately." I glanced at Andromeda who was giving me a look of sympathy. "I won't let them know where your house is though, Andromeda." She smiled, shaking her head.

"I trust you, Chloe. Just don't strain yourself too much." I smiled at her kindness. "Ah! Look at the time! Dora and Remus will be coming over soon! They're bringing over Teddy too." Andromeda rushed out of the chair, clattering pots and slamming cabinets loudly. Theo winced, scratching his ear.

"Merlin, Auntie! Just use magic!"

"Magic is a hindrance, Theo! I want to feel like I did something when I make it by hand." She snapped as Theo rolled his eyes.

"Dora? Remus?" I asked, raising an eyebrow. Theo smiled at me.

"Nymphadora is Auntie's daughter and Remus is her husband. They're..members of the Order but they're super nice. You'll like them a lot! Teddy is their son." I gripped my arm as I bit my lower lip.

"I don't think-"

"Nonsense, Chloe. You're a part of the family now, no matter what. That's just a Mark. It doesn't define who you are." Andromeda cut me off. She was busy cutting up vegetables as I smiled slightly at her words.

"Thank you.."

.

Theo was helping Andromeda as I had excused myself to get changed. The small bedroom was nice, cozy, and much brighter than the room at the Malfoy Manor. It felt like my old bedroom. I changed out of my joggers to some dark jeans and put on the sleeveless turtleneck again. I traced the fading marks on my neck, my heart aching.

I wonder how Draco was. What was he doing?

I sighed shrugging on my wool cardigan and walking back down the stairs. Theo was busy stirring a large pot while Andromeda was busy placing the tableware down.

"Can I help with something?" I smiled towards Andromeda who returned it.

"Yes! The spinach puffs are coming out of the oven soon, can you get them ready?" I nodded walking over towards the oven. It was remarkable that Andromeda wasn't using any magic to cook. Just like her own mother. I opened the oven door slightly, smelling the aroma of the cooked puffs as I grabbed the nearest oven mitt taking the tray of food out. I placed it on the nearest counter.

"Theo! The pasta's sticking!" Andromeda shrieked as Theo jumped up from his lounged position on the chair. He smiled at me as I laughed. They acted like mother and son. Theo used to be so snarky and cold, not to mention his hatred towards Muggles, but it seemed like his time with Andromeda really changed him. I smiled sliding the tray of puffs into a nearby ceramic bowl. The main door opened as I glanced up.

A woman with bright purple hair came through holding a toddler. Andromeda squealed with joy as she hugged her and the small boy. A man entered behind them, smiling at the scene. His face was riddled with scars. Andromeda took the small boy as the man walked over towards us. Theo smiled, shaking his hand.

"Remus! Looking fabulous as always. New scar?" Theo teased pointing to a reddened one on his cheek. Remus chuckled, tosseling Theo's hair.

"Cheeky little bastard as usual, Theo?" Remus smiled before looking at me as I smiled slightly. "And who might you be?"

"Oh! Remus this is an old friend of mine, Chloe. Chloe this is Tonk's husband, Remus Lupin." He extended his hand towards me which I shook politely.

"Nice to meet you." I said quietly as he smiled warmly at me.

"I didn't know Theo had any friends." Remus chuckled as he let go of my hand. He seemed wary of me which I understood. Remus walked away going back towards Tonks and Andromeda. Theo and I exchanged a look as he smiled at me.

"Whatever you do, don't call Tonks Nymphadora. She despises that."

"Despise what, Theo?" He jumped turning around to see Tonks standing behind us. She smiled brightly towards us, sticking out a hand.

"I'm Tonks! Remus said Theo brought a friend? Girlfriend?"

"Merlin, no!"

"I'd rather kill myself!"

We both spoke at the same time glaring at each other. Tonks blinked a few times before laughing loudly.

"Like a bickering couple! I see how it is." She winked at me as I flushed.

"We're not, Tonks! Chloe's like a..a.." Theo stuttered.

"Like a what, Theo?" I hissed, narrowing my eyes at him.

"A beautiful flower?" He squeaked as I elbowed him in the ribs. Tonks laughed, patting both of our shoulders. Andromeda walked up to us, smiling as she held the small boy. His big brown eyes stared at me as I smiled at him.

"Hi there. I like your bear." I said pointing to his bear overalls. He hid his face in embarrassment as Andromeda smiled.

"Chloe, do you mind holding Teddy? I'll finish up." I nodded as I pulled off my oven mitt and opened my arms for Teddy. He looked at me cautiously before slowly coming into my arms as I held him tight.

"I'm Chloe. What's your name?" I whispered as I made my way over to the table, sitting down.

"T..Teddy."

"It's nice to meet you Teddy. You can call me Clover okay?" I smiled down at the boy as he sheepishly smiled back. "You wanna see a trick?" He nodded as I held out my hand, clenched into a fist. I jiggled it in front of him before opening it to reveal a bushel of 4 leaf clovers. He gasped, giggling as he took them into his hands staring at them curiously.

"Muggles say 4 leaf clovers are signs of luck." Remus said sitting down across from me. I nodded, holding Teddy a bit closer as he played with the clovers.

"Mum always loved that superstitious talk. Maybe that's why she called me Clover."

"Your mum was a Muggle?" He asked, raising an eyebrow. I nodded.

"I'm a halfblood. My father was a wizard."

"Who was your father?" I paused. Andromeda came rushing over to the table setting the last of the food down.

"Let's eat shall we?" She smiled at me as I let out a sigh of relief. Theo came to sit beside me as Andromeda took the head of the table while Tonks sat beside Remus.

"I can take him, Chloe." Tonks said as Teddy clung to my sweater. Everyone laughed as Tonks frowned. "Well it seems like Teddy has grown to you, Chloe. He's usually quite shy around new people." I smiled, patting his soft curly hair. Teddy looked up at me smiling as he leaned his head against my chest. Him and Anya would get along..

"Please dig in!" Andromeda said as everyone reached for the food. I grabbed some extra servings to feed Teddy as Tonks, Remus, and Andromeda started to talk about some things hushly. Theo was humming to himself taking a large bite out of the Turkey leg he had grabbed. I fed Teddy, smiling as he was twirling the clovers in his hand as he reached for my sleeve to steady himself, pulling it down, exposing my Dark Mark slightly. Tonks and Remus had the same reaction.

They immediately jolted up from their seats, wands pointed at me.

"Mom! You brought in a Death Eater?! Give me my son!" Tonks hissed at me as Teddy whimpered, clutching my sweater more.

"Wait, wait! She's on our side!" Theo said standing up and putting an arm out in front ot me.

"Put your wands away right this instant! She is a guest!" Andromeda shouted as everyone stilled. Teddy was starting to cry as I stroked his hair.

"Shh..it's okay, Teddy.." I soothed, feeling his small head bury into my chest. Slowly Tonks and Remus lowered their wands, sitting back down rigidly. Theo also sat down scooching closer to me just in case.

"Someone care to explain what's going on?" Tonks hissed, glaring at me. Andromeda shot a look at her daughter.

"She lives here, Dora. And you will treat her just like anyone else. That Mark was forced upon her and I taught you better to not judge those by their appearance!" Tonks glowered at her mother, darting her eyes between Theo and I. Remus sighed putting his wand away.

"I'm sorry. It's just..startling that's all." I chuckled tensely, patting Teddy's back.

"It's alright.."

"So you're..one of them? Shacklebolt said that he had seen a young woman at the Ministry." He must've been the one I had stunned on the way to the Minister's office.

"My father was a Death Eater. He..passed away earlier this year." Remus and Tonks exchanged a look.

"Your father's name?"

"Antonin Dolohov." Remus let in a sharp breath before clearing his throat. Tonks looked visibly uncomfortable as Andromeda looked sadly towards me. "What?" I looked at the 3 of them who exchanged looks once more.

"Your father is alive."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.6K 143 21
This story was previously named "The Things You Do To Me." And "The Blue Rose" - The Main antagonist in this story; Voldemort. When Voldemort recrui...
81.8K 1.6K 115
"Not one for emotion Evens...but I could give a good fuck" he whispered into my ear as my heart pounded Hope has always had a rough life but ever si...
8K 119 18
The Malfoy's daughter is unappreciated and sent away as much as possible. She spent lots of time with her aunt Bellatrix, but not even Bellatrix like...
62.9K 1.2K 70
DRACO FAN FICTION It starts off at Amber and Draco's 5th year at Hogwarts. They hate each other in the beginning and soon realize they are meant for...