The year that changed it all

By sytherin30

Part 2 of 'It all started on the Train' Its now the fifth year. Harry and Draco get a lot of obstacles thrown... More

Reuniting
Healed
Love bites and a New teacher
It's back!
Quidditch and Dobby
DA and the Nightmare
The day after
Just hold me?
Dumbledore and the Potions test
Lunch at the Burrow
The Dark Mark
I really can't get rid of it
Dumbledore's Death
What have I done
Just an update sorry but important
The Malfoy Manor and Dobby
Room of Requirements and The forest
The final Battle
Teddy
Sleepy time
Breakfast, Diagon Alley, and the Burrow
Harry's Birthday
Last First Day
Early lunch
Leading up to the surprise
The big surprise
Last Names
Classes
Christmas eve with Teddy
Christmas at the Burrow
Andromeda
Teddy's friend
Easter
Visions
Monsters
sleepy bois
Overhearing and chocolate?
Yummy chocolates and a fun time
New house
Married at last
Nightmares and Dreams from the war
Teddy's fifth birthday
Sick days

Summer

1.4K 36 9
By sytherin30

Harry's POV

-----------------

It's only been a week since I have gone back to live with the Dursley's but it feels like it has been a month.

On the first day back, I was ordered to make the dinner as soon as I walked through the door. I was already exhausted since they once again didn't bother to pick me up from the station. I had to walk for quite a while before catching the night bus for the last stretch.

I quickly put my trunk away in my room and went downstairs to cook. I didn't complain because I knew that I would only get a worse punishment than I was already guaranteed to get. I stood there at the stove in the kitchen, I was making whatever the Dursley's wanted and what they wanted was steak, mashed potatoes, carrots, and broccoli. I also made a gravy since they always complain that there is no gravy. I stood there while tending to the steak that was being cooked. My mind wandered and I was thinking about all the events that happened this year at Hogwarts.

I was pulled from my thoughts at the smell of burning. The steak was being burnt. It was nearing dinner time so I didn't have any time to cook a new one. I decided to just try and cut off the burnt bits and serve the steak with the nice side facing up.

I served the food on the table that I had previously covered neatly with knives, forks, plates, and glasses. As I was walking away from the table to go back to my room as always, I heard Vernon...

"What is this boy?!" He screamed at me.

I knew what he was talking about but I pretended that I knew nothing about the steak's condition and I gave him a questioning look. He then stood up from the table, grabbed me by my arm in such a tight grip that it left a mark. He dragged me up stairs into Dudley's second room which is now mine. He pushed me onto the floor and started at me.

(Warning, Abuse starts)

He punched my face until he heard my nose crack. He then moved onto my chest. Ramming his sausage fingers and fists into my ribs until he heard another crack. He stood up and looked at me like I was some sort of road kill that he had just stepped in.

(Abuse ends)

"No food for a week!" He shouted at me and I could see balls of spit flying out of his mouth.

He slammed the door and left back to the table. I could hear the loud thuds on the stairs as he went down them.

I just lay there on the floor not being able to move much. I wish I could use magic to heal my wounds but I'm not allowed to do magic outside of school.

It has now been a few days since then. I feel a bit better and I just want to get away from the Dursleys so I'm heading over to the old playground. When I get to the playground I decide to sit on the swing as the rest of the children are all on the merry-go-round. I read through the newspaper but mainly I am lost in thought. That is until none other than my very 'kind' and 'loving' cousin Dudley appears before me with his pathetic gang of thugs.

He starts insulting me, making fun of the way I talk in my sleep due to the nightmares I have.

"Don't kill Cedric!" He says.

"Who's Cedric, your boyfriend?" He laughs at me with his friends laughing behind him.

This makes me angry, it not only reminds me of Cedric, someone who helped me and lost their life trying to save me, but it also angered me because Cedric was not my boyfriend. Draco was, and I didn't want anyone to joke about that.

I'm not sure where it came from but rage built up inside of me, I couldn't control it anymore. I ran up to my cousin, and held my wand up to his face. His friends all started laughing but they just thought magic was fake and I was just a freak. Little did they know I could kill any of them in a matter of seconds with magic. Of course I wouldn't, but I still could.

As I am standing there, the weather changes, the sky goes from sunny and hot to gloomy and cold. His friends all start running and soon after, Dudley and I follow. We are running as fast as we can. I know something is out there, I'm not sure what, but I just know.

Dudley and I ran into an under road passageway. Then I see the reason why the weather changed. Dementors. They started sucking the life out of me first. I tried to tell Dudley to run but I think he already was. When I managed to look over in the direction he went, I can see him lying on the floor, another dementor tending to him. I reached down for my wand and managed a broken,

"Ex..expecto..patronum"

Both the dementors were blasted out of the tunnel. I felt so relieved until I turned around to see Miss Figg standing there. She looked completely unfazed and told me,

"Don't put away your wand Harry, they might come back."

She then walked with me back to the Dursleys home as I carried Dudley over my shoulder.

Later on in the night after Vernon and Petunia had taken Dudley somewhere, I was alone in my room and I could hear the doorknob slowly turning. I took out my wand ready to defend myself. But much to my surprise and delight, it was Mad Eye and a few other people. They were there to break me out.

I followed as they flew over to the Black Manor. It was amazing how another house had just appeared through the walls of the ones beside it.

We went in and I was met with a hug from Miss Weasley.

I went upstairs and found Ron and Hermione. Hermione saw my wounds that I was trying to cover and called the twins over. Since they were not legally allowed to do magic outside of school, they helped to heal me of my wounds. The only one they weren't able to heal was my ribs. That would either take medical care from a hospital which I couldn't get, a strong potion that only very skilled potion wizards would be able to conjure up, or the one I am choosing, time.

We ate dinner and talked, I also saw Sirius again and that made me a lot happier.

I sat in my bed by the window and thought about Draco, I missed him. I decided to send him a letter.

Draco's POV

-----------------

I got woken up early in the morning, I looked over at the time and saw that it was five in the morning. I then looked over to the source of my waking. There was a white owl perched on the outside of my window. I walked over and opened the window. It flew inside and landed on my desk. It looked very out of place in my dark black room. I took the letter it was holding and read it.

Dear Dray,

I miss you a lot. I can't wait to see you again!

Let's meet in the same carriage on the train that

we sat in last year so we don't have to spend time

looking for each other.

From Pansy

I knew this was from Harry the second I read the name he called me. In the last week of school, we planned that Harry would sign the letters as Pansy in case my parents got a hold of one of them. I would have said to sign as Goyle or Crabbe but if the letter had anything that was love related, my parents would surely be skeptical. Using Pansy's name would definitely throw my parents off my scent and also Pansy sends me letters quite often. It's a bit annoying really. Although, this was the first letter I got from Harry all summer and the summer was almost over.

A few days later, I was reading the daily profit when I saw there was something written about Dumbledore and... Harry?

The heading for Dumbledore's picture was; Dumbledore: Daft or Dangerous?

I then went on to read the heading over Harry's picture...

The Boy Who Lies, was the heading.

This made me angry. I knew Harry didn't lie, the Dark Lord really has returned. I mean, I would know. It's all my father has been going on about for the past few weeks. I felt bad for Harry, all these rumours going on about him, it must be really hard.

I woke up early on the last day of summer. I got up and started writing a happy birthday card to Harry because I can't be with him in person today.

Dear chosen one,

I can't believe you're fifteen now! Happy

birthday lovely! I miss you loads and can't wait to

catch up with you on the train. I will see you

tomorrow but for now, enjoy the day.

After all, you deserve it!

Love Draco

I sent it off with one of the many owl's my family owns. Hopefully it would reach Harry by the time he wakes up. Since it was four in the morning, I decided to go back to bed and try to get some more sleep.

The day felt like a week, I just wanted it to be over so I could see Harry again. Soon enough, I was back in bed again as the sun had just set and I was falling asleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.7K 195 24
☆ third (AND LAST!) story in the sequel ☆ • go read the first two stories before starting this! ✰☽♡𑁍✯☼ "Y/n, it was a pleasure to have my heart brok...
866K 19.8K 29
its the 4th year in hogwarts and Harry finds himself atracted to a perticular blond slytherin.
264K 6K 54
It is one year after Voldemort is defeated. Headmistress Mcgonagall invites students with unfinished educations to return if they would like. They wi...
1K 35 10
Draco Malfoy, a former death eater has returned to Hogwarts for the added 8th year, he has been struggling with coping after the war. When accouterin...