She's My Cliche ( Alpha Tamin...

By PriestessSummer

Book 2 Alpha Taming Axton hit his head on the wall for the hundredth time. Maybe. He stopped counting, and t... More

A/N & Glossary
1 The Run (edited)
2 The Lunas and Stories (Edited )
3 Wolf Point Montana ( Edited )
4 The Thunder Basin (Edited)
5 Getting to Know You
6 More Unexpected Surprises..
7 Wedding Bells & Alphas
8 Fight And Attack
9 Holding Moonwater
10 The Luna's Birthday's
11 Meeting Time.
12 Gaagii, Tye, and The Wolves Agreement / Going Home
13 Pain and Sweetness
14 Sucker Punches & Wild Roses
15 Travel & Family
16 The Hunted
17 You Can't Drown an Omega
18 An Attack on Farven
20 Penetrate Death Valley
21 An Ally, A Girl, and Her Horse
22 Journey to Death Valley
23 Battle for the Century

19 People Watching

2.9K 120 14
By PriestessSummer

FEBRUARY

They had arrived bed in Death Valley, and got the girls situated. Tye wouldn't leave them, and trying to be true to his word at least for Tye, Ruder allowed him to sleep in the same room as them.

One thing annoyed him about it though. They were all very close. He hated Tye being so close to people. People hurt you. People betrayed you.

People left you.

He shook his head, and slammed his hand against his desk. He'd been working a lot lately. The voices in his head were getting louder. Stronger. They were almost unbearable. He growled softly. Ruder knew he was taking to much power from the Necromancers, but he needed more if he was going to be able to defend the Valley.

He hadn't wanted to kill everyone. His parents. His beta. His friends. The people who looked up to him for protection. But, this was the only way! If he killed them.. then he could...

" It was worth it damn it! Now shut up! I don't need you telling me it wasn't worth it! I can bring you back! I just need some more power. Some more necromancers need to sacrifice themselves. It's easy! " He yelled at the ghost of his Mother who was lingering around him. His Father showed up. " Tye will get over it in time Father! He'll realize only I can be his! Only i can protect him! Only I would sacrifice so much to love him! Dead or alive. "

Someone knocked on his door. " What?!"

The door opened, and his new undead Beta tossed a rouge inside. Along with a boot? It was small. Was it a child's boot? " Found him skulking around the Valley. Mumbling about boots, beating, and someone named the Seer?"

" Good work. Get out. " Ruder said watching the once very bulky man. He was scrawny, and weak looking now. Not to mention dirty and scared. " What took you so long to get back to me? Hmm?"

The man scooted back boot in his arms and all. He scooted until he hit the wall. " I.. I've had a h-hard journey. " He whispered.

"What was that? I'm not equipped to listen to a mumbler!" He snarled.

" T-the one named Linzie! The omega seer! S-she.. beat me. With a boot." He looked at it like the boot was life itself.  "  Broke bones, and made it incredibly difficult to walk. It took us forever, and its been a harsh winter. A lot of us didn't make it. "

" How pathetic. You were one of the strongest I had. To think... I let you live. " Ruder scoffed.

" Umm.. She also gave me a message for you. . " The rouge said. He knew this might not end well for him. At all, but at this point he no longer cared. Ruder took everything from him in the beginning. He killed everyone he knew. Made him go through hellish training. Made him lead his followers. He hated the man anyway. Right now he was more than happy to finally deliver the message. Linzie was the only one who'd probably say it to him.

" And what was it?" Ruder asked impatiently.

" She said to take that boot. " He narrowed his eyes at the disgusting man finding courage suddenly, " And shove it up your ass. With all of her hate, The Seer. " The little man finished. " And I agree with her. Go to hell Ruder. " He spat.

" Oh ho? You still have some fight in you? Maybe I shouldn't kill you. " Ruder said thoughtfully. Is anger was building behind his eyes. The littler man could see it.

" I'll just try to kill you myself if you don't. " He chuckled.

" So you know what it means to be killed by me? I take your soul. I add it to my collection. I'll use you as my own personal weapon. " Ruder mused.

" I think I can take my chances. The strongest willed ones are always hard on you yeah? We've all heard it. The screams at night. Begging them to stop talking so you can sleep. Telling them you'll bring them back in time. How pathetic are you Ruder? How much more can you take before you break?"

" Shut up!" He held his head in his hands as the rouge spoke.

The rouge started to laugh. His voice cracked, and he wheezed. He'd been in death's door for a while now. " The worst part is... They all forgave you didn't they?" He cackled. " I would be beside myself with grief!" He picked up the boot, and threw it at him. " Better make sure that fits where it belongs. " He added laughing even harder.

Ruder growled as he held his head. The boot now at his feet was the only thing he could see. This wolf was getting in his head.

He didn't like that.

Ruder looked up, reached out, and grabbed the man by his throat. " I'm close to killing you right here. I'm about to slit your throat, and watch you bleed out while you struggle for air. " He growled.

The rouge just smiled, " Please Princess. Just remember though, I forgive you for everything to. I'll harbor no grudge against you for this. Your not right in the head. " He tapped Ruder's head as he spoke. " Once they save you. I won't haunt you. I'll be with my family. "

Ruder's eyes widened a little. He was confused, and honestly heartbroken. His family. Family. Tye was his only family now. He'd.... Killed the rest. He killed them. All of them.

His lip quivered.

" Having second thoughts boy?" The man asked.

" Not about you. " He exhaled, and made a long gash across the man's throat with his free hand. He dropped him, and watched him lay on the floor with a vacant expression. The rouge struggled momentarily to breathe, but gave into it quickly. He was gone within moments. " How boring. You wanted to die. "

Quickly he grabbed the staff he'd taken from the first necromancer he killed, and started searching for his soul. " Here little soul. Where are you?"

True to his word the rouge was much harder to find. Still, Rider did. He was trying to ascend. " Quick little soul you are hmm?" He said as he grabbed it. He brought it up to his mouth, and consumed it. Just like he had every other soul. It was bitter, and forgiving. He grimmaced. They all tasted like this! He wanted just one that tasted differently.

" Disgusting. " He sighed when the man appeared in front of him. He was back to his prime, buff, and capable. The man smiled. " Ugh... Go away. "

~~~~~~~

Carter grit his teeth as he slammed his head on his desk. " No matter how I look at it I can't find a way into the Valley without getting spotted. "

" We'll find a way in. There has to be one. " Linzie said softly.

His mind was swimming with a certain pink haired beauty. She taunted his thoughts. " Are you sure Merella is okay?" He asked yet again.

" Yes I'm sure. She's fine. See if Lynx has heard anything from any other spirits. He's like a messenger right?"

" Not really. More like a tracker. Lynx legends say they have excellent sight, and are keepers of secrets. " He explained.

" I see. Thats a very fitting role.." she whispered.

" Too fitting it seems.. " he muttered. He'd accepted what Farven told him. In time he'd understand it all better. " But right now I don't need to track. I need to see, and I'm having a hard time doing so. "

" Hmm. Then.."

" Cone on you've gotta be able to try and figure out a way. Your the best. " Axton chimed in quietly.

Jason saw Linzie give him an annoyed look. Then Jayce started talking. " That you are. You found Sike and Axton when they were attacked. Then Axton and Mika when he went after her. "

" Just.. "

Rico nodded, " I agree. Never seen a wolf work so well with vampires right off the bat. "

" Their main covens live right above me. It's my job to know my neighbors. They really aren't so bad. " Carter shrugged as he twirled in the rolly chair.

" Geez, I can't even suggest.. "

" They live that close? " Rico asked.

Linzie huffed, and puffed her cheeks out. She balled her hands into fists at her side. Goddess she knew she was quiet, but this was ridiculous!

Jason chuckled as he watched her. He was doing his best to contain Okes right now. Okes was enraged at best. Mad that his mate would throw her, pissed secretly that Gaagii told him to, mad that his mate was in the possession of another wolf, and pissed that Jason was trying to keep him in. Surprisingly though, amused that Linzie was about to blow up on them. She was the only one he wouldn't be able to get mad at. Currently.

" LYNX! Get out here and talk to me now!" She snapped. " I can't even make a suggestion edgewise. . "

" Lynx here~ " It was a very violent, and sudden shift in both posture and attitude. The chair came to a sudden stop right in front of her. The boys flinched away from him all at once. Except Jason. Linzie of course had no problem watching it. The others knew how uncomfortable it could be to be summoned that quickly. Put to sleep and stored away in their minds.

" Finally. Damn. Can't you take over for a while, and search the area for an opening? If Carter can't use the vision maybe you can?" She suggested.

" Of course I can. But, he'll have to come back at night to sleep. It'll be exhausting on his body and mind. Not to mention taxing on me as well. " He smirked lightly, and placed his hands under his chin as he leaned on them. " What kind of Lynx power spirit would I be if I couldn't?"

" Good. Do it. If he's really so worried about Merella he'll agree I think. Plus the longer we wait the longer we risk Okes breaking free. No one needs that right now. " Linzie sighed. " How does he put up with you? Your so..."

" Alluring?" Lynx asked playfully as he earned a glare and growl from Axton.

" Not hardly. More annoying. " She muttered. " Umm. Just get started. "

The cheeky wolf chuckled, and leaned back in the chair. " Yeah yeah. I'll see what I can do. You get to fight with him later in about why I took over, and wouldn't let him out though. " He looked at Axton. " Come on Short Stack. Bring me the pictures of Death Valley, and we'll get started on a plan. Unless you want me to keep hitting on that pretty little Angel. "

Linzie made a gagging sound, and rolled her eyes. She smiled shyly at Axton. His eyes lightened considerably when he saw her shy blushing glance. " Y-yeah. I'll go get them.. " He said excusing himself from the room.

" In the mean time you guys might wanna apologize to Linzie. She's been trying to talk to me for a while now. Then if go ask Farven and the Vampires for the new pictures of Death Valley as well. We'll need a comparison, and I assume it'd take a short time to get them with their speed. "

Jayce rubbed the back of his head a little, and smiled over his shoulder. " Sorry Linz. I shouldn't have cut you off. I'm heading out to check on our packs. Rico can you handle the new info?"

Ricardo nodded. " Yeah I can. Sorry Linzie. I'm missing Esme. I guess I was trying to cheer him on so we could speed it up. " The two boys left, and she just smiled softly.

" I shouldn't have snapped. Sorry about that. It was rude of me to call for you like I did. " She said after it was just the three of them left.

Lynx shook his head. " Sometimes they need it. Sometimes so do we spirits. I guess I should have thought of the sight myself. It would have solved the issue much quicker. " He looked at Jaosn had officially, temporarily lost control of Okes, and stared.

" I'm not apologizing for anything. She's the only one I wouldn't strangle right now. I can find a reason to strangle everyone else currently. " He crossed his arms. The air around him gave off a pissed off vibe.

Linzie frowned. " It's okay you know? He didn't hurt me. He was crying the whole time he held me. " She answered an unspoken question.

" H-he cried?" Okes asked softly letting his arms fall to his sides. " He never cries... Not much at least. He's so strong. "

Linzie smiled softly. " He was a mess. A wreck. Scared. But, being as brave as he could do that we all didn't catch hell. Trying to stay on Ruder's good side, and get someone out at the same time. I think it was the best course of action he could have taken. "

" I suppose so. " Okes agreed. His anger had quelled quite a bit. " But.. that wolf if still on the line. Leader by nature of not. " He muttered. " Axton was being an asshole as well. "

" I handled him. Let it go. " She said softly.

" But he was about to drag Tye through the mud. " Okes said his voice stoic and warning.

" I handled it. Let. It. Go. Before I get annoyed Okes. I'm not in the mood. Shy Linzie is getting tired of being pushed around and shuffled. " She said her voice even, and cold.

It sent a chill right through even Okes. He could tell Gem backed her decisions, and see her in her eyes. " Okay. " He breathed softly. " I'll let it all go for now. Expect me to come to you though. I'll need a therapist. " He huffed.

Axton chuckled a little leaning against the doorframe.

" Don't you know it's rude to spy?" Okes asked.

" I was hardly spying when the door is wide open, and you aren't exactly whispering. " He commented rolling his eyes at his friend.

He chewed on his lip, and finally sighed. " I can't argue that. . . " Okes agreed.

" Awe is puppy going to pout now? It's okay. I won't tell. " Axton picked at Okes.

Linzie smiled watching the tall guy approach the short one. " Outside please Okes. We can't destroy this town. It isn't one of our own. " She reminded him.

Axton glanced back over his shoulder with a questioning look. He was met with a very up close and personal Okes. Waiting on him to hand the photos of Death Valley over to Lynx. " Oh... Shit.. "

Just as Lynx snatched the files Okes tossed the boy over his shoulder. " I need a word... Princess. " He smirked at Axton and then Linzie. " I'll take him to the woods. We'll be safe, and I won't hurt him to much. "

Axton looked at Linzie pleadingly. " Nooo! I wanna stay with my Angel! " He beat Okes back a little. " Put me down. "

" Training time little blondie. Let's get you up to par. We might need you stronger for Death Valley. " He replied very clearly ignoring all of his complaints. " It's also a stress reliever, and believe me I need to release stress. " He added darkly causing Axton go to still.

" Just don't kill me. Okay?" He asked softly. " I'm honestly afraid of you. "

" Oh? Then you'd better learn to dodge. " Okes said playfully. One thing Okes loved was training. Training and Tye. And his people.

Lynx watched them disappear. He smiled a bit, " Well. Thats one headache gone. Now we just need Rico's files... Speaking of.."

Ricardo knocked on the frame of the door and came in. " Here you go. Jayce and I are going to run patrols around the area for a while. Make sure everything is okay, and no one was left behind after that fight. Our packs are doing well. Just got off the phone with the betas."

" Stay safe please. " Linzie answered.

Ricardo nodded. " We will be. Stay cautious of Lynx. He has a way of getting secrets out of people. Especially once alone. "

" I take offense to that. " Lynx said playfully.

" Why?" Asked Linzie.

" Because he's telling on me~ It's not very nice to tattle. " Lynx chuckled.

Ricardo groaned. " Just watch him. "

Linzie nodded with a small smile. " I will. Don't worry. We'll get Esmeralda back soon enough. " He nodded, and left again. Quickly at that. She sighed, and glanced over at Lynx. " Everyone seems to be missing their Lunas hmm?"

He nodded. " That is the power you ladies have on us. And Tye. Tye to. " He shrugged. " You are our strength, and out weaknesses. It can't be helped. Carter is having an even harder time since he doesn't know what we do." He said pointing from himself to Linzie.

She nodded. " I can understand that. She hates not being able to talk him as well. But.."

" It isn't safe for her to let him know. I know. That's why I've kept it a secret. After all. Secrets, tracking, and sight are my specialties. " He sighed. " But she really does have a major problem. If the mermaids are wiped out the sea will forever be thrown off balance. Chaotic, wild, deathly to creatures let alone humans. It won't be pretty. We have to handle them as well. " He rubbed his temple softly. " Sight gives me such a headache. "

Linzie gave a small sympathetic smile. " My dreams hurt my mate. Because I won't let him touch me after. Jason has to. I can imagine sight isn't much better though. "

" You really have a hard gift for an omega, but one you can handle nonetheless. The goddess wouldn't have given it to you otherwise. Ahiga is a strong guardian. He is all you need to protect yourself. With him you may very well be nearly invincible to all. Even Axton and Wolfe. He is a loyal companion reborn just as we would spirits. He knows you inside and out. Ahiga knows what you are capable of, and how far you can go. Trust him. His journey ends when he has fulfilled his purpose. "

Linzie teared up a little. " Ahiga will die once we get the girls and Tye home safely?" She asked sadly.

" No. That isn't what I said. I said once his purpose was fulfilled. It could be anytime. After we rescue them. Or when you are old, or die yourself. What I am saying is a secret. Ahiga will not die unless he is meant to do so. Meaning, he is technically immortal. "

She gasped softly. " That.. makes so much sense. "

"Oh? How so?" He asked with a little knowing smirk across his face.

" When the wolves attacked in the woods... They took one of my boots. They were nipping at him. He should have been hurt. " She said softly.

" And?" He asked urging her on.

" He came out of it without a single scratch. " She whispered. " He wouldn't let anyone near him until I came along. He belonged to hunters. Yet he let that nice couple take him in. Just not break him. He protected me when I was hurt, and let them take me inside when he trusted they wouldn't hurt me. He got through the last fight again without even a small scratch. "

" Mmhmm. Sounds like a guide, and protector to me. " He hummed. " Now imagine this. Tell him to go to Death Valley for us, and come back alive after getting inside. " He said absently thinking.

" W-what?" She asked. " Is that even possible? Wouldn't it take days of not weeks to get there like that on foot?" She asked.

" I never said he had to go on foot. Ever heard, A picture is worth a thousand words? Think, A perspective is worth hundreds of lives. " He said cryptically.

" I.. don't understand. " Linzie answered shaking her head.

" You don't have to. You just need to think about the phrase, and the words Death Valley. " Lynx said softly. " Then ask Ahiga to go. Can you do that for me?"

She chewed on her lip thinking about it. She was scared to lose Ahiga. Yet, a spirit was asking her to do this. He wouldn't lie to her. It was frowned upon. She nodded after a moment.

" Excellent. Now sit. Close your eyes, and do as I said. Relax, and let what happens, happen. " He instructed.

" How does this all align with sight?" She asked sitting down.

" To have a different perspective I have to have someone there. Or something. Most times it's myself. But, I figured instead of completely wearing myself out of ask for help from someone I trust to keep my secrets. " He answered.

" You trust me? "

" Well enough Linzie. Well enough. Time to concentrate. Okay?" He asked.

She nodded. Linzie thought about Ahiga. His coat, how brave he was, and about how Lynx described him. Her thoughts turned to the phrase he'd given her. She thought about her friends, and the lives already lost. She thought about the lives depending on her. " Please go, and come back alive. " She whispered, though she believed she'd asked in her mind.

A loud whiney echoed through the town. Ahiga sounded so close. Yet so far away. Her eyes snapped open, and she looked around. " Ahiga?"

" He's gone. " Lynx answered his smirk plastered on his face.

For a moment Linzie was suddenly very afraid to be in the same room as Carter. Or at her Lynx.

" Calm down. I'm not the biggest fear you should have. There are scarier beings than myself. Ruder is one currently. Consumed by addiction, consumed by need and want, and possessed by everyone he has killed so far. " Lynx whispered suddenly leaning over her. He hovered there as he spoke. It was as if his mind was gone. He looked possessed. " Let's take a look shall we? I hope you have a strong stomach Linzie. You'll need it for what were about to see. " He whispered now next to her ear. " This is no longer a cake walk. Gem can't help you in my presense. She's even afraid of me. It's you who isn't. " He chuckled. " Gaagii is the only one who can control me, and he isn't here. "

Linzie gulped. He was so off. This wasn't like him at all, but in a way it was. " I'll be fine. I can handle it. " She whispered. Her voice quivered.

" Oh? Can you? You are quivering with fear right now Little Angel. " He teased. " I hate Gaagii you know? I hate him for being able to put me on a leash. But, I like Tye. He is a sweet boy. Okes loves him. He loves Gaagii to. So I have to tolerate him. Because I adore Okes. He is like a brother. When I was alive Gaagii was constantly getting me in trouble. Stopping my antics. Keeping me from causing absolute chaos. Oh goddess I love chaos. " He groaned softly as he stayed where he was watching her from the side. " I just can't fathom why you are so strong. Why Tye is. How? You should be weak both of you. It isn't fair really. The human should be so weak he has to be protected. Even okes has seen his potential. It's nerve wrecking. " He growled.

" Then why are you helping?" Linzie asked still practically glued to her chair. He was after all caging her in.

" Because, you asked. " He snickered. " You. Asked. You Linzie have officially asked a self-proclaimed mentally unstable spirit for help. See Carter is so straight laced that he keeps me stable. I'm like this because I never found my mate in life. I missed being with her. My mate is with Tye right now. He is protecting her. You are trying to find them, and save them. I happen to be forever in your debts. I hate that to. But, I can deal with it. " He leaned his head down in hers for a moment.

It wasn't a romantic gesture. Rather... An invasive one.

" Let me in Linzie. Give me your mind. " He grumbled harshly.

" Why?" She asked breathlessly.

" So I can see through Ahiga's eyes. " Hr growled demandingly.

" Watch your tone Lynx!" She snapped as loudly as she could. At the moment that's as about as loud as a whisper.

" Make me Angel. " He chuckled. " I will never harm a friend. I will never let them die. Not again. Where I failed in life I will not fail in death or spirit. I will protect everyone I can. May it heal my broken mind. " he whispered pleadingly.

Linzie whimpered softly. His whisper sent chills through her body. They would anyone. Yet the sadness is what caused her to whimper. She felt the raw emotion flowing off of him, and into her. It was overwhelming guilt.

This man had done something so terrible that he carried this with him for hundreds of years. She didn't know what, but she had a feeling she was going to find out.

Soon.

Axton just about ripped Carter away from Linzie. He would have if Okes wasn't holding him firmly where he was. The young Alpha looked up at his friend. Okes simply held his finger to his lips. " Shhh. "

The blonde paled as he watched Okes. He hadn't been so serious In a while. Axton didn't dare speak. He barley made a sound while breathing. They'd both ran back to the house with the group when they all heard Ahiga. It was so loud. So far away.

Jayce was deathly quiet. Ricardo was frozen in place. This Carter scared them all. He was so unlike what they normally saw. The guilt wasn't just in the room with Linzie. It permeated throughout the house. They could all feel it. Their spirits cried with it as well. They shouted things to Lynx, and yet the man leaning over the Omega was unphased by any of it. He seemed to ignore it.

Linzie's voice broken their thoughts. " I'll let you in on one condition. "

" Name it Angel. " Lynx said opening his eyes to look directly into hers.

" Let it go. " She answered. " Let me in, and let it go. Forgive yourself. "

" What if I can't?" He asked.

" You'll never get better. " She answered reaching up to touch his cheek, and pull herself up wards to meet his forhead completely. She closed her eyes again. " And, I'm not giving you a choice. I think you want this. "

He smirked a little. " Maybe I do. " He agreed. He closed his eyes as well. She'd made up her mind. " Come back with your mind in one piece Linzie?" He asked rather than said. He wasn't sure she would though.

~~~~~~~

Linzie opened her eyes hearing his voice echo in her mind. She wasn't in her regular clothes though. She was in deerskin. A dress. She looked at her hands. They were much more tanned than they should have been. Looking around she wasn't in a house at all. She was seeing more cured skins stitches together. Was this an tent?

" Your awake?" A younger Lynx asked happily. He came in, and stood there looking like a smiling idiot.

" Yeah?" She answered. Though it confused her. She wasn't speaking english any longer. She was speaking some kind of native language. The weirdest part is that she understood it perfectly.

" Well come on! Let's get going. Today's the day!" He laughed. His laughter was carefree. Happy. Playful.

" What's today?" She asked giggling a little at his carefree nature.

" You forgot already?" He asked crossing his arms. " Are you feeling okay?" He asked feeling her head.

For some reason she felt her cheeks get warm. " I'm fine. " She answered.

" Always easy to fluster aren't you Nokomis?" Lynx asked teasingly.
" Come on Noko! We'll be late. It's the coming of age ceremony. " He pleaded.

" We meet our spirits tonight!" She yelled excitedly out if nowhere. Linzie thought it would be better to go with it. After all this was his memory. She couldn't change history.

" No! It's mine. But I want you there. You agreed to sneak in. " He chuckled. She couldn't get over how attracted this girl felt to him. How much she felt the need for him. Linzie knew what it was, but the girl didn't, and Lynx didn't seem to have a clue. She tried to check through Noko's mind.

The girl was a year younger than Lynx. She was in love with him, and followed him around like a puppy. They were perfect for each other. Even the elders thought they'd be mates. Tonight was his of age ceremony. He, Gaagii, and Koy would be turning the correct age to get their abilities. They would finaly be full blown warriors. They could protect everyone, and train to be the best.

She was dragged outside into the chilly night air. She rubbed her arms for a moment, and he placed a blanket over her. " Stay warm silly girl. " He whispered pushing her down into the talk reeds next to the lake.

She giggled again, and stayed hidden away in the reeds with the blanket pulled tightly around her. She had a perfect view even if she couldn't hear very well.

The ceremony dragged on, and finally the shaman touched their foreheads. She smiled brilliantly, and clasped her hands together. Excitement built in her chest. She watched, waiting for something to happen. Noko glanced up at the moon, and back to the three boys. " Come on.." she whispered softly.

Koy dropped to the ground. He started to cry out in pain. His body sounded like it was being broken. Next Gaagii dropped, and Lynx was quick to follow. Okes started to step forward, and was held back. He was concerned about his friends. The elders knew that, but the process couldn't be disturbed.

Nokomis wanted to comfort Lynx as well, but she knew better. It looked so painful. It sounded painful. It almost felt painful. She watched as each boy's bones seemed to break one by one. Each of them started to turn into a beast. The same beast that protected tribes all over the land.

She felt so proud seeing Lynx stand. Her friends let out howls, and shot off into the woods for their first run as werewolves.

She stayed where she was. After all Lynx would be back for her soon. She promised to be there when he got back.

~~~~~

It seemed like hours had passed. Noko had fallen asleep to the sounds of the night. She woke up to the sounds of scream ringing in her ears though. Okes started yelling for her. " Brother!" She yelled back.

He ran to her with concern in his eyes. Fear as well. Nokomis was getting scared. Her big brother was never scared. " Brother what's happening?"

" Where have you been?" He asked grabbing her by her arms. He looked around them. " We've been attacked. They are still attacking! You have to go! Run, and don't look back!"

" B-but mother! Father!" She looked down, noticing the blood all over Okes' body. " Goddess. Wh..."

" Shh!" He shoved her back into the reeds. " They are gone. They were killed fighting! Listen to me. When I distracted them you have to go! Get out of here! Find somewhere to live. Your birthday is coming soon. Someone will take you in. Someone will need your help!"

" No! Okes! No!" Noko cried.

He put his finger to her lips through the reeds. " Shh. Brother loves you. See if you can find Koy, Gaagii, and Lynx. They'll be able to help. I'm sure of it. " He whispered before turning to face camp again. Wolves with fur matted with blood came stalking towards Okes. Her brother inhaled, and shifted himself. He stood tall and proud. Taunting them to follow him. Taunting them to attack him, and lead them away from camp.

Nokomis and Linzie choked out a sob. She did her best to remain hidden. To be quiet. These wolves senses were clouded with bloodlust. They wouldn't smell her in their current state of mind.

Okes took off running to the right way from the camp. Away from home for the last time. She heard them attack him. All at once. His whines and yelps echoed through her ears as she listened to him fight for his life.

What a cowards she was! Absolutely disgusting!

She quietly shot out to the left. She was also running away from the camp. Away from the place she laid her head every night. To her right she could see the fire consuming it. Destroying everything in it's wake.

Tears blurred her vision as she ran barefoot towards the trees where the boys had disappeared. What she didn't see was the wolf who stayed behind to keep an eye out for stragglers.

Noko heard the threatening growl before she felt it's bite. She screamed in pain. The wolf bit her over and over again, bleeding her body as he did so, and worked it's way up to her vital blood veins. It was a slow and painful experience. It hurt like hell. She opened her mouth for what she though was her last time.

Linzie called for Axton, but instead it came out in Noko's voice. " Lynx..."

A murderous growl caught her attention. She could hear little at this point, but she knew that growl. Lynx did it even before he shifted. The pain stopped getting worse as he tipped the wolf away from her, and started tearing it apart in rage.

She closed her eyes for a moment. She needed to rest. That was alright wasn't it? Suddenly she was jarred awake again. Something wet hit her face again and again.

"Oko..." A voice called. " Noko! Nokomis!" Lynx shook her. She winced in pain.

" Lynx..." She called weakly.

" Noko... Don't. Don't die. Don't leave me. " He whispered.

" Go. Help the other. They need you. " She smiled softly. " It's to late for me. I feel so cold. " She sighed softly.

" No! Noko stay with me. Please don't leave. Don't go away. Everyone else is gone. Koy and Gaggii are fighting them away. "

" Okes couldn't even fight them off. Please go help them. " She weakly raised her hand to his cheek. " I love you Lynx. I think... We were... Mates..." She breathed her last breath. Air wouldn't refill her lungs. Nokomis felt like she was floating now, and drifted away from her body.

Linzie was sharply snapped into Lynx as his sadness overtook him. He cried out for her loudly. Beat the ground next to her. Clawed, and pawed at it as he laid her down gently, and shifted. He took off towards his friends.

Dread.

It filled him. Consumed his mind as he approached the open feilds. He passed Okes body, and let out a sad howl. No response. That wasn't good. Was he to late? Did he spend to much time grieving? To much time killing the wolf who killed his mate?

His mate.. he'd known the moment he turned. The moment he shifted. He wanted nothing more than to go to her then and there. He had a duty though. A ritual.

A lot of good it did him.

He skidded to a stop when he came up on two lumps on the ground. He felt no one else in the area. Everyone was gone except for himself. He slowly approached the wolves. He desperately hoped they would be rouges.

How wrong his hopes were.

Koy laid there taking my shallow breaths. He was about to die. He looked at Lynx as he stopped. Their eyes connected, and Lynx heard his last thoughts.

Linzie felt it was the first time he found out he had anything like this.

" Did you find her? Was she safe like Okes hoped?" Koy asked.

Lynx shook his head. He looked down crying. He couldn't meet Koy's eyes. " I.. I lost her. " He whispered. " One attacked her before I could get to her. S-she was... Mangled. Broken. "

Koy whined. " We failed Okes. I'm so sorry. I know what you said she was. "

The broken man sobbed harder. " She felt it to. " He cried.

" Be quieter. They might still be around. " Koy's voice started to get softer.

" No! Your leaving to!" He yelled. " I can't. Don't. Please I don't want to be alone! " He whined and sobbed. " I don't want to be alone!"

" Gaggii was immediately killed. He went quickly. Thank Goddess. " Koy said ignoring Lynx's pleas.

" He was weak. So weak. What happened to him?" Lynx asked.

" They broke his neck. Jerked him down to hard. " Koy answered. " At least he didn't suffer. "

Lynx nodded. He sniffled. His mind was breaking. It was splitting. His head hurt. His body ached with the tension of his first shift. " Yeah. "

" I'm sorry we couldn't hold them off. It isn't your fault. Don't start this. " Koy warned.

" It is. If I had stayed with you we might have stood a chance. " Lynx wailed.

" No. It only took two wolves to take me down. They had dozens. " He whispered. " I have to leave now Lynx. I can't see you anymore. "

Lynx wailed softly again as he laid himself over Koy's body. Over the wolf form of his former friend. He pulled Gaagii close as well. As much as he hated him constantly getting him in trouble he loved him as well. Lynx laid there on them for hours. Sobbing uncontrollably. The blood seeping out of Koy dried on his fur. Soaked into it. Changed its color in spots.

Eventually he pulled himself up, and forced himself to wander numbly. He wandered for days. Stopping only for the occasional drink. Lynx stopped eating. Eventually he no longer felt the hunger. Then he stopped drinking as well. He didn't feel thirsty.

He felt nothing but guilt.

He wanted to end it. Everything he carried on his shoulders was crushing him. The world didn't want him in it. It took everything away from him. Destroyed his life. Killed his friends and mate. Left him with no family.

It abandoned him.

He stopped walking one day, and fell over into the muddy bank of a pond. He could see his reflection in the still water. He looked rough. Still a wolf. He closed his eyes, and let himself go. Feeling the happiest he had in weeks. He was as far away from home as he could be, and it still didn't feel far enough.

Why would anyone ever trust him? He was so unreliable. He couldn't even save two friends. He lost Noko. Okes was dead. Everyone was gone.

And in his broken mind. It was his fault.

" Keep my secret. " He whispered having a feeling someone was watching him. " Protect it with your life. May it heal my broken mind. " He whispered softly looking into the water again. Instead of his eyes, he saw a pair of emeralds staring back. A wolf of an all together different color.

" You don't belong here. "

~~~~~

Linzie gasped sharply as she was dragged out of him. Lynx gasped as well.

He'd moved away from her to study the files. Of course he noted the group of people staring at them. He ignored them. It was best to. After all he had work to do. Lynx sharply hissed, and held his head. " Incoming..." He muttered. " Goddess this hurts. "

Axton touched his shoulder. Sure he wasn't to fond of Lynx, but he knew about pain a little. They all did.

" What are you doing? Shouldn't you be getting ready to console Linzie?" He asked slapping the boy's hand away.

" No. Wolfe and I feel like we'll be consoling you both. " He answered. " She went into your mind. It's your memories she'll be bringing back. "

" No. I only felt her in mine for a short time. " He whispered. " I think I'll be getting a new perspective to my past. "

" Then your going to need a friend. " He said firmly refusing to leave.

Linzie brushed last Axton, and flew into Lynx's arms. He turned in response, and held her shocked. "Wh.. what are you doing Linzie? In front of Axton as well! Get off before your mate tries to destroy me.."

She started to cry softly. " You've been through so much. No wonder your so odd. "

Axton smiled, and held them both. " Linzie has taught me quite a bit about patience, and understanding. How to be calm. You sent her into your past? It's no wonder she went straight to you. It's okay. She is very affectionate to people's suffering. Except her own it seems.. "

Lynx was slipping. He was about to break down. Okes came into the room as well. " Linzie. I would also like to know what happened. You went through a different person with your own abilities didn't you?"

She glanced back, and nodded. " Nokomis. " She whispered.

Both boys stiffened, and their eyes widened shocked that she'd mention her name. " That isn't possible. " Lynx whispered trying to push her away.

" Noko died in my arms that's not possible! " He yelled as he thrashed around.

" I died in your arms along with her! Then went into you! I died twice in a single night. That is stressful, so suck it up and listen!" Linzie glared. Her outburst was enough for him to stop struggling. He settled down, and grew quiet. " I saw everything. From you waking her up, until her death. I felt it. I felt her love. Her devotion. I felt your bond. I know her name. I know what it means. She had a connection to the sea. " She whispered. " I watched you, and Koy, and Gaa...umm him go through the shift for the first time. She was so overjoyed for you. She was so happy.

She stayed in the reeds waiting for your ritual to end. For you to come get her. Noko fell asleep, and woke up to screams. Her home being destroyed. Okes called for her, and re-hid her in the reeds. Told her to run when he led them away.

Only one stayed behind to look for survivors. It found her. "

" It mangled and broke her. " Lynx whispered leaning into his friends touch. " I had to watch the life leave her eyes. I had to witness her last breath. " He gritted.

Okes looked away guiltily himself. " I told her to run that way. She died because of my directions. " He said gently. " I often wondered... If she made it. Though I wasn't allowing myself to ask. "

" It was my fault. I wasn't fast enough. " Lynx argued.

" It was her own fault. She panicked instead of thought about it. She could have waited in the reeds longer. You would have been there within minuets. " Linzie said bluntly.

Both boys winced at her tone. Though it was true it was harsh.

" Linzie.." Lynx warned.

" She's right. " Axton said softly. " But so are both of you. Everyone has some fault in that night. The most fault belongs in the rouges attacking though. "

" I never thought of it like that. " Lynx said biting his finger to keep his emotion in check.

" After she died, I was out into your point of view. I watched you find Okes, and then Koy and Him. Koy was the only one left alive, and it was hardly what I'd call alive." She breathed.

" I can agree to that. The first time I ever used my abilities as a wolf. " Lynx sighed.

" You changed the way you looked. Permanently changed the color of your fur with his blood. A stain on your life to remember them. That was terrible. It caused you to slip into depression so badly you wasted away. You killed yourself basically by starvation and dehydration."

" I lost the will to live. I don't remember anything after looking in the lake. " Lynx answered. " Except for green gems. . "

Linzie shook her head. " That was me. You looked at the reflection again, and told me personally that I didn't belong there. It threw me out of you so fast it hurt. Much worse than when Nokomis died. "

Lynx was confused. " I.. I sent you back just to toss you out?"

" You sent me into your mind because I told you to. And, I showed you that she wasn't blaming you. None of them were. They didn't want you to blame yourself like that. " She said gently.

" But I do. "

" And you shouldn't. You've helped so many people. You've saved tons. Helped them survive. Helped them find mates at the runs. You have more than made up for your life. Even when it wasn't your fault. Lynx you have a heart of gold. "

" No. I couldn't. " He whispered.

" I can believe it. " Axton said with a nod from Okes.

" I have one question. You were all so different. Why are you the way you are now?" Linzie asked.

Jayce piped in. "I've asked Koy before. He said that for some reason when they died, and became spirits, they gained traits to help them grow. "

" Grow?"

He nodded. "He said he became cold, and closed off. In life he was kind hearted, caring, and open to all. Someone named Raven? He was weak. He was a shy, weak, and a timid boy. He said something about he became cocky, sensual, and incredibly strong. "

Okes nodded, " I was strong, always cautious about everything. I guess I still am, but I grew stoic. I don't express myself like I once did. I'm just... Closed off towards people. "

" Not really. Not any more. Tye has showed us a very different side of you. I believe in it to. You were stirring while Jason calmed me down." She smiled. "What about you Lynx?"

He took a deep breath. " I gained sight. An ability that tests my mind, allows me to warp realities, and see what others can not. Hence why Ahiga is in every picture we have of Death Valley now. For the moment. I also gained a terrible burden. I hold the secrets of people. Whoever I come into contact with will eventually share one with me. Most are terrible. But, I think the biggest challenge I have is my curse. "

Linzie tilted her head. " Curse?"

" No matter who I am. Wherever my spirit resides..  My mate.. " he took a deep breath. " My mate always dies. "

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

73.6K 3K 63
(Condensed scene from the POV of Kayla) I can never have children, and I'm sure my mate felt what happened to me. If I ever meet him, he is sure to r...
6.3M 181K 40
Ava Carter was a 17 year old orphan. She was a member of the Crystal Blue Pack. She was the punching bag in her pack, as people usually walked all ov...
19.9K 992 63
In Lycan lore, every wolf believes there is a soul that is their equal in every way: a perfect match. Their meeting is predestined, preordained by th...
145K 4.8K 65
"So tell me, Rogue, how would you like to be killed? A slit to your throat, your heart ripped out, or how about a silver bullet to your brain?" "Kiss...