OUTCASTS | THE ORIGINALS

By arios2004

In which Cadence Delacroix, a siphoner witch who was shunned out of her coven for being an abomination, unexp... More

EXTENDED SUMMARY
CAST + PLAYLIST
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27

19

7.1K 276 97
By arios2004

OUTCASTS
— 19. The Big Uneasy

  At the bayou, Cadence was standing outside with Eve, Hayley, and Oliver, glancing around at the large group of werewolves standing outside. "You've got to be kidding me," Hayley complained in an annoyed tone, "Seriously, what is going on? Who are all these people? Why are they standing out here all weird and lurky?"

"They've come from all over," Eve informed Hayley, smiling slightly, "All the packs."

"Why? To see a baby that isn't even born yet?" Hayley asked in an annoyed tone.

"Forget the baby. These freaks, they came here to see you," Oliver informed them as he walked closer to the group, "You know, given the place your parents held in pack hierarchy, maybe they think you're gonna be the long-lost werewolf messiah or something."

"Great," Hayley replied sarcastically as she rolled her eyes, "No pressure or anything."

   "Not to mention, Jackson and Cadence's two boys. None of them have ever seen something quite like those two. Children who have the gifts of both a werewolf and a witch," Oliver explained and Cadence crossed her arms as she rolled her eyes.

"Oh, don't go exaggerating it like that," Cadence remarked and before Oliver could respond, Cadence's phone rang, "Excuse me."

Cadence sighed when she saw it was Klaus calling and walked away from the group to get some privacy. "What do you want?" She spoke up as she answered the phone.

"Cadence. I trust you have an update on the matter we discussed with Jackson and Oliver," He informed her in a calm tone. After all, when Klaus had made a secret deal with Jackson, the original hybrid somehow roped her in as well, much to her annoyance.

"About that..." She trailed off awkwardly and bit her lip, "We got wolves coming here by the Boatload right now, Klaus. It's gonna be pretty hard to find just one dude, especially since all you gave Olly and I is a freaking first name."

"Yes. His name is Cary," He informed her and Cadence sighed in response, "He's got blond hair and brown eyes. He's one of my clan. A distant relative from the Northeast Atlantic Pack. His presence is required if I am to continue with the plan I have with the werewolves. You find him and you bring him to me."

"Fine. Got it," Cadence responded with an attitude, "But take a note for next time that I'm not your little errand girl."

"Trust me, you're quite the opposite. You're simply the only one I trust to make sure Oliver and Jackson don't bloody mess everything up with their stupidity," He explained and Cadence began to smile, amused by his words.

"Ah, okay. Got it," Cadence replied, trying not to laugh.

"Another thing. My brother will soon invite you and the others to a feast honoring the witches," He informed her, causing Cadence to let out a large scoff, "You and your friends will graciously accept the invitation."

Hearing Klaus' words, Cadence laughed humorlessly. "Now, what kind of crack are you on to believe these people will agree to that?"

"No crack, love. It's simply that if Elijah believes his treaty is working, he'll be less inclined to get in my way," He explained and Cadence sighed in response when he hung up before she could say anymore.

_____

  That afternoon, once leaving Oliver to do the dirty work involving Cary, Cadence traveled to the Quarter to work a shift at Rousseau's. She was in the middle of washing off one of the tables with a wet rag when she turned to see Klaus walking in.

  "Dude, I literally spoke to you, like, an hour ago on the phone," Cadence complained, an aggravated look on her face, "What could you possibly have to tell me now? I just got to work."

"Perhaps I simply miss your company already," He replied, a wide grin forming on his lips.

"Oh, I doubt that," She replied, beginning to smile at him, "You do everything for a reason. So why is it you're here, Klaus? I already have Olly looking for that Cary dude you want to get your hands on so badly."

  "Actually, I came here for another reason. I formed an alliance with someone who may be able to help Father Kieran," He informed her and as much as she wanted to be hopeful, she knew she couldn't be while knowing who he was talking about.

"Let guess, Klaus. Tall, redhead, and a bit of bitch?" She asked and Klaus remained silent, meaning she was right, "She and my mother were the ones to hex Kieran in the first place. Why the hell would she help?"

"Because it's my decree that she does," He replied and Cadence didn't answer, causing him to smile slightly, "I was at least expecting a 'thank you' from you. I did, after all, do this for you," He paused and Cadence stared at him with an unreadable expression.

"So you slept with her to manipulate her?" Cadence suddenly asked and Klaus smiled as he rolled his eyes.

"Oh, well, I wouldn't put it like that—" He began to say, only to have Cadence cut him off.

"You know what? I don't want to know. The last thing I want is for you to get into detail about what you and Genevieve did together," Cadence replied, smiling as she turned her back to him.

"I won't. By all means, say no if you have an alternative," He reminded her and Cadence turned to him once more.

She stared at him, her lips parted. Nervousness was written all over her expression and Klaus could see that. He didn't know why, though.

"No," She replied softly, causing Klaus' face to fall, "Thank you for the offer, but I'm sorry. I can't agree to this. I don't trust Genevieve anywhere near Kieran. She won't help us. I can already see that. She's stringing you along. She could probably be claiming that she can help us when she actually can't."

"What does it matter if you can't trust her?" He complained, sighing as he took a step toward her, "At least, trust me."

Cadence lifted her head and shook her head. "No."

Klaus remained silent, a part of him looking hurt. He didn't respond and walked past her, on the verge of leaving.

"Wait!" Cadence called out, causing Klaus to stop and turn to her once more, "I trust you. And I hope that I won't have to regret it. Do whatever you have to, just help him. Please," She pleaded in a soft tone, tears forming in her eyes, "I don't want to lose him. He's the first person in my life that actually gave a damn about me. I wouldn't be the same if I lost him."

Klaus stared at Cadence for a long moment. He nodded at her and with that, he left the bar.

______

  It wasn't long after Cadence returned to the bayou that Elijah arrived to invite them to the feast for the witches. However, when Hayley heard, she was quick to try to decline the offer on the pack's behalf.

"Your people are uniquely poised to set an example for the rest of the French Quarter. Which is why it's important for the wolves to attend." He explained to the group of four in a calm tone.

"Thanks, but no thanks?" Hayley answered for the werewolves and Cadence sighed, exchanging a look with Jackson and Oliver.

"Let's hear the man out," Oliver spoke up, letting out a large sigh.

"The witches are the ones that cursed your pack. And they've been nothing but crap to me since I first came to town," Hayley argued before turning to Elijah as she shook her head, "No. We're not going."

"It's a new day in the Quarter, Hayley. I agree with Oliver. If we're gonna coexist, we have to play ball," Jackson told Hayley, who seemed upset that everyone was siding against her.

"He's right. I agree with Olly," Cadence spoke up in a calm tone and Elijah eyed her suspiciously, "We'll send a representative with a gift."

With that, Hayley walked away and as she entered the woods, she nearly jumped in fright when Elijah suddenly appeared in front of her.

"That was too easy," He complained, earning a puzzled look from Hayley. He turned, glancing at where Cadence stood with Jackson and Oliver as they spoke in hushed tones, "Don't trust him. Don't trust any of them. Cadence most of all."

"I don't understand," Hayley argued as Elijah began to walk away.

Elijah sighed, turning to Hayley once more. "Klaus has Cadence wrapped around his little finger. And if he has a secret plan going on, Cadence is surely in on it as well and assisting him. Be careful around her. She might not seem like it, but she's dangerous. Far more than you could ever imagine," He explained before walking away without another word said.

____

  It wasn't long before Oliver got his hands on Cary and when he did, he traveled to the Quarter with Cadence and Cary.

Oliver shoved the man forward as they entered Saint Anne's church. He continued to handle him roughly as they moved forward, causing Cadence to sigh in frustration.

"Klaus won't like the way you're handling him, Olly," She complained and just as Oliver was about to snap at her, Klaus suddenly appeared in front of him.

"Indeed, he won't," Klaus responded before turning to Oliver with a cold look on his face, "When I asked you to bring Cary to me, it was as my guest. Might I recommend you release him before I opt to release you from your mortal coil?"

Cadence smiled at Klaus' words, knowing he was one for the dramatics.

"I found him like you asked and he jumped me," Oliver argued in an aggravated tone, "Now, his pack's been going at mine since the beginning of time. I don't owe him a thing."

"You see, it's that short-sighted attitude that led to the demise of the werewolves," Klaus complained and Ophelia rolled her eyes at him.

"I'm pretty sure Marcel and the witches did that," He pointed out, smiling sarcastically.

   "The packs should have been united. Marcel saw that weakness and he exploited it," Klaus reminded him in a low tone, "If you seek to rebuild with only the Crescents, you may as well stay in your hovels in the bog!" He paused and turned to Cary, smiling so kindly that Cadence nearly laughed at how quickly his mood had changed, "I don't believe we've had the pleasure of an introduction."

"Legend says you're descended from our line," He replied and Klaus looked almost impressed that the man had known.

"The legends are true. Come here," Klaus told the man and with that, they began to walk away together.

Cadence sighed, exchanging a look with Oliver before she decided to just leave.

____

    Later that day, at the bayou, on the docks, Cadence was speaking with Jackson and Oliver about the whole Klaus ordeal. However, the moment Hayley walked outside, they immediately fell silent.

"What is this, high school?" Hayley asked, smiling she had noticed what they had done.

"Why don't you take the hint and mind your own business?" Oliver snapped at Hayley with an attitude.

  Just then, Hayley grabbed Oliver by the arm, spun him around, twisted his arm behind his back, and pinned him up against the wall, face-first.

Cadence rose her brows and her eyes widened at the sight. She smiled slightly, amused that Oliver had been bested by the pregnant woman.

"This is my pack. That makes it my business," Hayley retorted as she smiled at Oliver threateningly.

"No need to get all riled up. It's not good for you, Hayley," Jackson warned the girl in a calm tone.

"I have tried to play nice," Hayley complained and twisted Oliver's arm a bit harder, "The last month of pregnancy is all hormones and mood swings, so unless you want me to snap your arm like a twig, I suggest that you tell me what is going on."

"You can go to hell," Oliver snapped at her coldly as he groaned in pain.

"Knock it off," Jackson complained in an annoyed tone, "There's no reason to keep it from her."

"Uh, I can think of a reason," Cadence retorted, scoffing as she raised her hand slightly, "Tall, immortal Mikaelson, who is literally always in a suit."

Oliver tried to fight against Hayley's grip, only to grunt in pain as she pushed him right back against the wooden wall.

"Hayley, you're one of us," Jackson replied in a calm tone, "You deserve to know. Now, come on."

Hayley sighed, feeling reluctant at first before she finally released Oliver from her grip.

"You're gonna regret telling her," Cadence complained, looking deeply annoyed.

"It doesn't matter. She deserves to know," Jackson reminded her before he turned to Hayley, "We made an alliance that's gonna change everything for the wolves."

"An alliance with who?" Hayley asked, a concerned look on her face.

"Klaus," Jackson answered, which was the last person Hayley seemed to have expected.

Hayley, sighing between Oliver and Cadence before she looked back at Jackson. Elijah had been right about Cadence.

"Tell me everything," She demanded in a stern tone, causing Cadence to sigh in defeat.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

52.9K 1.6K 19
The Vampire Diaries Season One to TBD Soulmate AU Kol Mikaelson x OC
8.9K 287 12
"𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐝 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐢𝐫 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐢𝐬 𝐚 𝐜𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐦𝐞𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐲" tvd || season...
786K 20.1K 46
In which Klaus Mikaelson travels back to his old home New Orleans after hearing about a witch conspiring against him, only to find his former lover...
137K 3.3K 33
In which Ophelia Rose, Queen of New Orleans, has to fight with everything she has to reclaim her city after it's been taken from her. Season 2 ▻ The...