SABAISM | H. POTTER

By cthgreenlight

SABAISM (noun) : The worship of stars. For centuries, people have looked up to the stars and became instanta... More

| PROLOGUE | HARRY POTTER AND THE PHILOSOPHER'S STONE
ONE. | PLATFORM NINE & THREE QUARTERS
TWO. | HOGWARTS EXPRESS
THREE. | THE SORTING
FOUR. | FIRST DAY OF CLASSES
FIVE. | NOT EXPECTED
SIX. | PLAYING QUIDDITCH TO PLAYING SNAPE
SEVEN. | A HALLOWEEN NIGHTMARE
EIGHT. | GRYFFINDOR VS. SLYTHERIN
NINE. | CHRISTMAS BREAK
TEN. | BACK TO HOGWARTS
ELEVEN. | THE DEMON IN DETENTION
TWELVE. | FIGURING IT OUT
THIRTEEN. | FACING VOLDEMORT PT.1
FOURTEEN. | THE END OF FIRST YEAR
| PROLOGUE | HARRY POTTER AND THE CHAMBER OF SECRETS
ONE. | THE RESCUE MISSION
TWO. | THE BURROW
THREE. | FLOO GONE FLOP
FOUR. | DIAGON ALLEY
FIVE. | FASHIONABLY LATE
SIX. | A HEADACHE
SEVEN. | FULL OF HIMSELF
EIGHT. | SNAKES BELONG ON THE GROUND
NINE. | THE VOICES
TEN. | PRANKS AND PETRIFICATION
ELEVEN. | THE CHAMBER OF SECRETS?
TWELVE. | ANNUAL INJURY
THIRTEEN. | DUELING
FOURTEEN. | WHAT'S ON THE INSIDE
FIFTEEN. | TOM RIDDLE
SIXTEEN. | THE LOSS OF TWO FRIENDS
SEVENTEEN. | STICKY SITUATION
EIGHTEEN. | GILDEROY LOCKHART IS CANCELLED
NINETEEN. | FACING VOLDEMORT PT. 2
TWENTY. | THE END OF SECOND YEAR
| PROLOGUE | HARRY POTTER AND THE PRISONER OF AZKABAN
ONE. | UNSAID DISTRESS
THREE. | THEIR RETURN
FOUR. | MYSTIC "PREDICTIONS"
FIVE. | SLYTHERIN CRYBABY
SIX. | TAKING THE DOG TO THE POUND
SEVEN. | A PUSH OVERBOARD
EIGHT. | GREATEST FEAR
NINE. | AN UNRECOGNIZED REUNION
TEN. | THE WRONG HOG
ELEVEN. | THE DAUGHTER OF A MURDERER
TWELVE. | GRIM DEFEAT
THIRTEEN. | YOU ARE NOT ALONE
FOURTEEN. | MORE THAN ONE SAVIOR
FIFTEEN. | WOLF IS OUT OF THE BAG
SIXTEEN. | THE LEGACY IS PASSED ON
SEVENTEEN. | SETBACK FROM GAIETY
EIGHTEEN. | FRENEMIES
NINETEEN. | THE LUPIN-BLACK "TWINS"
TWENTY. | FIREBOLT FIASCO
TWENTY - ONE. | GRYFFINDOR VS. RAVENCLAW
TWENTY - TWO. | NOT SEX BUT SIRIUS
TWENTY - THREE. | PETER PETTIGREW
TWENTY - FOUR. | RED-HEADED CHEW TOY
TWENTY - FIVE. | MONSTER-IN-LAWS
TWENTY - SIX. | THE INDISPUTABLE TRUTH

TWO. | SOUL SUCKING

7.5K 322 153
By cthgreenlight

AT THIRTEEN YEARS OF AGE; GEMINI HAD GROWN ACCUSTOMED TO THE TENACIOUS FOCUS RECEIVED FROM THE MAGIC FOLK, ALL AGES SUBSUMED. Yet, the perceptible gasps were an untrodden extension. It was clear they had all become well-informed of her Mother's escape, and it was more evident that they suspected her of similar ill intent. What did they suppose? ...Mummy breaking free entailed the girl fracturing a non-murderous streak? What a cluster of twits. - Disregarding the collective eyes that bore into her; the girl confidently waltzed through the parted crowd at Platform 9 3/4, her head retained high in defiance. Gemini's unwavering strut challenged any unspoken remarks; executing her ingress at a smoother rate than expected. Though; solicitous ideations still consumed her brain, but her outward exterior remained passive during the awaited entrance. Admittedly, it was surprising that a multitude of insults were not ostensibly thrown in her direction...perhaps they were that terrified of a mere child.

Just as she was about to board the Hogwarts Express, to meet her Father and friends; Draco Malfoy's taunting voice cut off the inarticulateness that followed her. She had been so close. "Black," the platinum sneered; swaggering up to his cousin, "You're doing alright then?" The Gryffindor peered down at the boy; antipathy clear in her gaze, but the silver orbs also harbored sympathy. "Draco," she cooed, "Do you wish to put-down my person in an attempt to make yourself appear better? Are all of these jeers an endeavor of making yourself feel more like a 'Malfoy'? I'll just let you in on a little secret, acting as yourself is liberating...so stop trying to bottle it all up. You know what I am referring to. Oh; and to answer your question, Malfoy, the young LUPIN-BLACK is particularly fine today. Thanks for asking." Gemini couldn't help but assume her cousin was grateful his minions were elsewhere during that interaction. No matter her enmity towards the false persona he put up; she'd never be cruel enough to out the male. Now, that didn't mean her reoccurring jabs were off the table; especially considering that he still led Fred on.

Draco's habitually pale face was flushed carmine. "So, Black," he deafeningly seethed; drawing in more attention towards the pair, "I've been meaning to ask...do you have any severed fingers locked up somewhere? You know what they say, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree." Maybe if she hadn't already decided she wasn't going to sulk anymore...maybe then could his outburst hold the possibility in affecting her. Instead; a smirk stretched across the girl's features. "Yeah, actually," she retaliated; causing the eavesdroppers to lose color in their face, "It's just the one, though." Before Draco could comprehend her admittance; her, ring-cladded, middle finger displayed itself proudly for all to see. An undignified choke escaped the boy. "Oh, and Draco," Gemini whispered; getting within her cousin's space, "If the apple doesn't fall far from the tree...Well, with all of that kneeling your Father demonstrated for Voldy; it's no wonder that you're a champ at being on your knees." Her silver optics sparkled in impishness as she rushed onto the train; leaving Draco paralyzed, his mouth agape from her blunt declaration.
___________________________________

The Gryffindor Quartet set off down the train's corridor; visually searching for a vacant compartment, but all were full...except for the one at the very end. This alcove held a single occupant; a man who sat, fast asleep, next to the window. The adult was adorned in a pair of extremely shabby wizard's robes, obviously darned in several places. He appeared to be ill and exhausted; and, though, quite young...his light brown curls were flecked with grey. His presentation unintentionally acted as an exhortatory. - However, Gemini bounced on the balls of feet as she took in the sight of such a worn figure. "DAD," she squealed; rushing to settle besides the dormant fellow. It was a wonder he didn't awake from her shouts of excitement. - Ron, clearly confused, queried in a low tone, "Gem, why d'you reckon he's on the train?" In place of her answer; Hermione snorted at the boy's obtuseness, "Honestly Ronald. Mr. Lupin's case, that is laid out for all to see, is stamped Professor R.J. Lupin. Considering that alone, why do you assume he's journeying with us to Hogwarts?" Due to the belittlement, the hue of his face grew to match the color of fiery hair. "Oi," he bristled, "I'm not that idiotic! Gem's father teaches at a Muggle Primary School. So, perhaps that is why his case reads Professor."

In an effort to cease their quarreling; Gemini hastily informed, "Both of you need to calm down, because each of your assumptions are correct. - Ron, my father did teach at our local Muggle Primary School. Yet, Hermione was also leading in the right direction. My father will be joining us at Hogwarts this year; only he'll be the new Defense Against the Dark Arts Professor. With his teaching qualifications and the wish to keep a closer eye on me due to my mother escaping...Dumbledore presumed it to be a great fit." It was quiet for a moment; taking in the news, but eventually Harry exclaimed, "That's excellent, Love! I'm happy for you both. Now, not to be rude, is he really asleep? I have something to inform you lot, and I don't really take well to your Dad hearing it." Holding the knowledge that her Father was still knackered from the full moon the previous night; she nodded, "Yeah, don't worry. He's a heavy sleeper. The man won't wake unless I scream bloody murder." - Tentatively; Harry glanced at the beautiful girl across from him, "Alright...it's about your Mother." What could he possibly know that she didn't? "Continue," she demanded; wishing to be acquainted with the current report. - So; Harry explained all about Mr. and Mrs. Weasley's argument, and the warning Mr. Weasley had just given him....Gemini couldn't believe it. Her Mother, Sirius Black, was out to slaughter her best friend. Just the thing she needed amongst this all. The teen could no longer hold in the severity of the matter...it needed to be said.

"Harry," the girl insecurely called, "I just wanted you to know that I'm going to be there for you. That if it comes down to it, I'll choose your safety over anything to do with him. In addition to that, I sincerely hope you guys understand that I'd never help that man in anyway. Yes, I acknowledge my blood relation to him. Yes, it would be neat to meet him...if he wasn't a crazed lunatic. However; I, nor my Father, hold any connections to Sirius Black. For proof of that, we've already been thoroughly interrogated by the Ministry...I just don't know where you all stand, but I promise i'm not out to harm any of you." The three basked in the complete surprise they'd felt; here sitting before them was an unsure Gemini Lupin-Black...the girl mainly known for her unwavering confidence. Yet; silver eyes were cast downwards in shame, and the girl had seemed to shuffle closer to her constant parental figure. This was the most afraid they'd ever seen her, and this whole interaction was unnerving due to its unusualness. The longer the silence carried on; the more the transience fueled depressive thoughts. Clearing her pharynx; Gemini hesitantly ensured, "I recognize that you may now be distressed whilst in my presence. If you wish, I can move compartments and go sit by the twins. I don't mind. I only ask of you three to let my Father continue to sleep. He's very fatigued if it isn't-." Although, her assistance in assuring them of her absence was abruptly cut off. Her statement was not interrupted with comforting words, for the trio didn't know exactly what to say amongst her spiraling, but instead was broken by Ron Weasley thumping her on the forehead. "You just clipped me," the girl stated; disbelief drowning her tone. "I did not," Ron incredulity argued, "I was only trying to get you to quiet down. You should know that none of us think anything different of you! Well, I don't at least! So, stop with the lectures about how you suck and all that." Instantaneously, the ginger looked to the remaining duo for added support. Reluctantly; Hermione agreed, "I resent boosting his ego any more then it needs, but Ron's declaration is accurate. I don't think any less of you. You are one of my dearest friends." Gemini graciously smiled at her two companions, "Thank you." - The triad then, sanguinely, twisted to the reticent Boy-Wonder. "I don't know why you're all staring at me," he spoke; emeralds blazing into mercury, "It's well known by now that I love Gemini Lupin-Black. Shouldn't come as a shock to any that I won't leave your side; even over this. You're not your Mum." The girl wasn't able to explain the warmth that now coursed through her veins; his words had significantly affected her. "I love you too, Harry," she muttered in appreciation. He only smiled; knowing she didn't yet mean it to the depths he had. Ron interjected the passing moment, much to Hermione's displeasure, and questioned, "Anyways, let me get this straight. Sirius Black escaped from Azkaban to come after you?" Slowly, Harry nodded in confirmation. "How rude," Gemini grumbled, "Breaks free from a magical prison, and doesn't even attempt to murder his own daughter!" Beside himself; Ron couldn't believe the girl was joking over such a thing, "Are you ever not sarcastic, Gemini?" A mischievous smirk plastered itself onto aristocratic features, "I'd rather be sarcastic than be Sirius."

"What's that noise?," Ron abruptly questioned; as a faint, tiny whistle rang throughout the compartment...emitting from somewhere. "It's coming from your trunk, Harry," continued Ron, standing up and reaching out into the luggage rack. A moment later, a freckled hand withdrew a Pocket Sneakoscope once concealed amongst Harry's robes. The object spun very fast, glowing brilliantly, in the palm of the impertinent red-head. "Is that a Sneakoscope?," queried Hermione interestedly; standing up for a better look. "Yeah," the resident Weasley affirmed, "...mind you, it's a very cheap one. It went haywire just as I tied it to Errol's leg to send to Harry." Gemini snorted at his divulgement, "Well, Ronald...were you partaking in some untrustworthy actions at the time?" Ron hurriedly denied, "No! Well...I wasn't supposed to be using Errol. You know he's not really up to an excessive in length journey, but how else was I supposed to get Harry's present to him?" The girls hands rose in understanding, "Hey, i'm not one to pass judgement! Just stick it back in the trunk, okay? I don't want it to wake Dad up." The Sneakoscope fifed piercingly, and Gemini knew Remus' werewolf abilities had the chance of soon kicking in. Ron turned; stuffing the commodity into a particularly horrible pair of Vernon Dursley's old socks, which deadened the sound, then closed the lid of Harry's trunk on it. "We could get it checked in Hogsmeade," said Ron; sitting back down, "They sell that sort of thing in Dervish and Banges, magical instruments and stuff. Fred and George told me." The bushy-hair girl, eager for information, kindly asked, "Do you know much about Hogsmeade? I've read it's the only entirely non-Muggle settlement in Britain -."

"Yeah, I think it is," interjected Ron in an offhand sort of way, "...but that's not why I want to go. I just want to get inside Honeydukes!" Hermione's head cocked inquisitively, "What's that?" Gemini, dramatically, drew in a sharp breath from Hermione's lack of knowledge in such an important matter. "What's Honeydukes?! It's this sweetshop," the young Lupin-Black trilled; a dreamy look overcoming aristocratic features, "where they've got everything...Pepper Imps - they make you smoke at the mouth - and fat Chocoballs full of strawberry mousse or clotted cream, and really excellent sugar quills; which you can suck in class and just look like you're thinking what to write next -." Apace; Ron involved himself within her sweets figment, "Oi! Don't forget the massive sherbet balls that make you levitate a few inches off the ground while you're sucking them!" Hermione glanced at the unduly excited pair; claiming, "It is frightening how alike you two appear to be at times. Anyways; Harry, won't it be nice to get out of school for a bit and explore Hogsmeade?" Slightly put off from his friend's excited chatter; Boy-Wonder shrugged, "I suspect it will. You'll have to tell me when you've found out." Ron, quickly, twisted to face the scrawny lad, "What d'you mean?" Potter grimaced at his question, "I can't go. The Dursley's didn't sign my permission form, and Fudge wouldn't either." Gemini cleared her throat, "If it makes you feel any better, Harry...I'm not allowed to go either. Yes; the concept of all of those shops do excite me, but because of the whole 'Mummy escaped Azkaban' Act...Father and Minnie refused to sign my slip. So, you'll just have to be stuck with me whilst everyone is off." He automatically felt better about the situation; Ron, however, glanced between the two in horror. "No way," he renounced, "You're both not allowed to go? What the bloody hell am -." Gemini cleared her throat; drawing in the spiraling ginger's attention, "Ron, I doubt anything will change the fact that we can't go. Just accept it."
___________________________________

Later on...the rain thickened as the train sped yet further north; the windows were now a solid, shimmering grey, which gradually darkened until the lanterns fluttered into life all along the corridors and over the luggage racks. - The train rattled, the rain hammered, the wind roared; but still, Remus Lupin remained in a deep slumber.

"We must nearly be there," said Ron, leaning forward to look past Professor Lupin at the now completely black window. The words had hardly left the boy when the train started to slow down. "Great," the ginger sarcastically exclaimed; attempting to see outside, "I'm starving. I want to get to the feast." - Suddenly; the compartment furiously rattled about, the lanterns threateningly flashed along as an unspoken addition to apprehension. Hogwarts Express had lurched forward, the wheels of the machine slowing down to a significant tread. The occupants wouldn't be arriving anywhere on time at such a pace. - Due to the unexpected movement; Hermione's figure slid down padded seats, pinning both Ron and Harry against cold glass. Awkward looks were traded. - Gemini had tumbled into her Father's lap; effectively waking the slumbering man, who refused to make his conscious mind known until help was required...as he still harbored a deep-rooted fear in embarrassing his Cub. - Carefully sliding to the other end of her seat; Hermione frowned as she checked her bronze chronometer, "Why're we stopping? We can't be there yet." Tumbling off of her dad's lap; Gemini arose, sliding the compartment door open as she peered out into the corridor. The girl viewed multiple other heads that, alongside her, curiously glanced about...all of them finding nothing to be out of the ordinary. Until; the train suddenly jerked, and the lamps that ran along the the ceiling flickered about...and died. One by one. Until all was dark. "What's going on?," Ron quiveringly questioned; a noticeable wisp of steam escaping his mouth. "Dunno," Gemini responded, "Maybe we've broken down?"

"Ouch!," Hermione's voice rang out; startling them all, "Ron, that was my foot!" Ron, now a dark silhouette against the window, wiped a patch of condensation from the pane of glass. "Guys," he warned; peering into the darkness, "There's something moving out there. I think...people are coming aboard." As the observation fell past his lips; the train swayed about violently...after a minute righting itself. "Bloody hell," the ginger breathed, "What's happening?!" No longer being able to handle the situation; Gemini yelled, "DAD!" Automatically, a soft crackling filled the tense compartment. Flames had bloomed...in the hands of R.J. Lupin. In the shivering light; his face appeared to be tired and gray, but amber orbs were ablaze and on high alert. "Don't move," he instructed the handful of children; slowly walking towards the compartments door.

But the door slid open before Lupin could ever reach it - Standing in the doorway, illuminated by the shivering flames in the Professors hand, was a cloaked figure that towered to the ceiling. Its face was hidden completely behind its hood, and Gemini's eyes darted downwards...and what she saw made her stomach contract. There was a hand protruding from the cloak and it was glistening, grayish, slimy-looking, and scabbed...like something dead had decayed in water. Yet, it appeared visible for only a second. "This is why you shouldn't skip moisturizing," Gemini shakily joked. - As if it understood her words; the creature twisted to face the young girl. For half a minute; an intense cold drowned her, the cold felt as though it went deeper than her skin...as if it was penetrating her heart. "GEM," Harry roared; instinctively pushing the female behind him. The Boy-Who-Lived's eyes instantly fluttered close, a silvery white light now drifted from his twitching figure. "Harry!," Gemini yelled; falling beside the boy, "Dad! Do something!" Remus Lupin, sharply, brandished his wand, "None of us are hiding Sirius Black under our cloaks. It's time for you to leave...Expecto Patronum!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

100K 2.9K 45
"Y/n, I will always be here for you." "Promise?" "I promise." ~*𓃦*~ Going to Hogwarts was something Y/n Black had been looking forward to her ent...
3.4M 118K 65
[ EDITING] James Potter was a skilled and talented wizard, his name a renowned one amongst Hogwarts students. Many knew him because of...
14K 1K 26
Luna Lupin came from a tumultous childhood filled with secrecy and a family haunted by the stigmatised illness of lycanthropy, thrown into a society...
20.6K 1K 41
"There is this thing about you that amazes me every time I look at you, but I just can't quite comprehend." "Maybe it is beyond your understanding." ...