Raven's DarkNess | ✔

By Eminavi

"Your hair looks like night but your eyes shine like day. You are a walking contrast. Who exactly are you?" ... More

Introduction
Chapter One
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Pack Fashion
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen Part I
Chapter Eighteen Part II
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five - Part I
Chapter Thirty Five - Part II
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Four
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Six
Chapter Fifty Seven
What's Next?

Chapter Two

450 21 60
By Eminavi

I stare at my picture in the newspaper, wishing they had at least chosen a better picture of me. For the love of the moon, I look like I have eye bags in this photo. I do not have eye bags. My skin is flawless! I groan, realising that that is completely beside the point.

I hate Alpha Kai so much.

I read the article again, noting how my face stands out on the front page - my large blue eyes, overflowing hair, full red lips. How did they even get this picture? I groan again, setting the newspaper down beside me. Now, I'm really screwed.

If the Assassins' didn't want me dead before then they most certainly want me dead now that's for sure.

I let out another long exhausted groan, leaning forward and my hair falls forward too. I don't acknowledge it, too stressed to be bothered but my eyes linger on my gold ring, the italicised 'R' standing out. Although from the side, it looks more like an 'A' than an 'R'.

When you join the Assassins', you get a new name. I was born Rochelle but indoctrinated into the Assassins' as Raven. They take the first letter of your given name and rename you according to whatever seems perfect to whoever is renaming you at the time. Raven was chosen for me because of my hair that's jet black. I quite liked it and have been Raven since then.

Rochelle always seemed too sweet, too aristocrat, posh and innocent for me. Indeed, once upon a time, that was exactly who I was but I grew up since then.

Regardless, I knew seducing Matthew with my real name was a dumb idea but Logan insisted and now look at me - my real name is now plastered all over the front page of my pack's newspaper by my Alpha as wanted!

I throw the newspaper at the wall.

Kai is offering a lot to anyone that can catch me! In his own words, he will apparently "reward them beyond their wildest expectation." Now, I'm screwed. With my face plastered across that newspaper with my distinct long black hair and blue eyes, anyone who sees me would be out for my blood. The Assassins' would also never want or accept me back because I just broke their most unspoken important rule - letting my identity get revealed.

Luckily, this newspaper was only circulated within my pack but I can only think about how long it would take before it circulates throughout all other packs. Now, I can't return to the Shadow Night pack. Not that I was planning to, the Assassins' are everywhere there and they are also and group out for my blood but by the moon, how can I end up being stuck in this lousy pack? It's not even accepted by all other packs as a pack and it is filled with woods. It feels like there is no modern civilisation in sight.

I have to do something.

I pull at my hair as if willing her to speak to me and provide answers. I'm still feeling my hair's smoothness that's reminiscent of silk when I fall asleep.

~*~*~

My hair was held in a high ponytail and single braid and it trickled down my back effortlessly. The red silk nightdress also had my confidence boosted. I knew what I was going to do. It was the only thing I could do and I knew how to do it well.

"Hungry?" I asked, walking into the kitchen to find Logan who was buttering his bread in the dead of night.

"My sister and I have a habit since childhood. We wake up in the middle of the night to eat," He said with a smile as if rejoicing in old memories and I have to restrain myself from rolling my eyes at him. I thought his sins against everyone was what kept him up at night but good to reaffirm the fact that he's truly next to heartless.

I moved closer, snatching the bread from the plate.

Logan looks up at me but I lean down against the marble island, lifting my eyes sultrily through my hooded eyelashes. I pushed back a small strand of hair from my eyes coyly at the same time I make sure that my chest is dipped in such a way that my cleavage is showing just enough to awaken a man's appetite but not too much that he is unable to have his imagination run wild.

Logan stops buttering his bread instantly. I take a small bite, making sure to lick my lips slowly. Logan moved closer to me. He was close enough that our shoulders almost touched, so I moved just enough to turn my chest towards his, my braid collapsed effortlessly against the table when I tilted my head. My smile is small and my eyes are still peeking through my eyelashes when I take another bite of the bread.

"That's mine," Logan announced in a low yet playful tone as he looked down at me, his eyes glinting.

"I know," I replied, taking another bite when I place my right hand on his chest.

Logan looks from my hand to me. I bite my bottom lip, standing up straighter to match him. I set the bread down and tap my fingernail against his chest. When I invade his space, his eyes are on my lips and my eyes are on his. My left-hand finds his neck, a slow long line being drawn from the base of his neckline to behind his ear. A shiver overwhelms him a bit and I smile ever so slightly, tilting my head back to expose my long neck. The scent of the perfume I had applied there fills our space.

"What are you doing?" He asks me, his eyes dipped down to stare at my cleavage. I moved in closer. Not too much that we were touching but just enough that our scents and breaths were mixing and an illusion of us touching is created and consolidated.

My lips move to his earlobe and I place a small kiss before I whisper, "some," I stop to make small circles with my polished nail that glinted red behind his ear, "thing,"

Logan's hands find my hips and it's sudden when he lifts me onto the kitchen marbled island. My legs are parted for him to stay between them. My dress has completely ridden up above my thigh, almost exposing my red lace panties. My hands wrap around his neck loosely enough that I'm still able to tease the back of his neck with my nails.

His bright eyes feel light when he looks down at me, tracing his gaze from my eyes to my lips, to my cleavage and finally, my exposed thighs. Then he leans forward, angling my back against the table in such a way that my back is arched. Logan's hand began at my neck, moved impatiently down the slit between my breasts and only stopped when he gripped onto my hips.

I expect him to do something but for a long time, he doesn't until I lift my neck to look. In an instant, he seizes me, his lips at my neck and I smile. The lick against my skin has my belly starting up, an exciting feeling that indeed, I have missed. He nips at my neck and I expose it further to him, relishing in the disorientating feeling. My neck has always been one of my weak spots.

When a moan escapes my lips, he pulls me by my hair to bring my lips to his. And then, we kiss. It's hurried and a bit sloppy but I pretend to respond to it. My back arched sharply as he clung to my hips, squeezing them adamantly. I hope he's not going to be as rough as my previous lover was.

Then, out of nowhere, he pulled away. All too sudden, his lips withdrew from mine. His hands that were also previously clinging to my hips found the table, trapping me instead. Before I could say anything, his head fell and then he laughed.

The laugh reverberated through the kitchen sharply and my cheeks heated with a lack of understanding.

"You are good, " He stated through his laughing fit. "That, I will give it to you. You're good,"

"Excuse me?" I exclaimed softly, sitting up straighter.

"You're really sexy and you definitely know how to arouse a man that's for sure. For a moment, I was so entranced by you that I forgot how to think. Fortunately for me, I have amazing self-control," Logan smiled so triumphantly that I had to clench my fists to hold back from striking him. Instead, I sat there, doing another thing I struggled with for years despite being an Assassin - holding my tongue.

"I just wish you showed this much determination for Matthew," he remarked mockingly and I had to force my facial muscles to remain unchanged. "I'm not dumb, Raven. You are just like me. You never do anything without seeking a benefit. Your mind works like that. Just like mine and that's why I know that this little show you put on just now that admittedly, almost had you in my bed has an ulterior motive,"

"Also, believe it or not, I never have sex with anyone if I don't have anything to gain from that act. Sex is hot and all but it's just not my cup of tea,"

Probably cause you suck at it.

"You're just afraid that I'll stick a dagger in your jaw. I promise I won't," I finally spoke up, once again drawing a circle on the base of his neck. His eyes twitched and then he threw my hand away. "Don't pretend like you don't want me, Logan. I know that you want me," I leaned backwards on the island, the feeling cool against my skin and the cleavage of my boobs inadvertently lowered. Logan's gaze lowered too. "Right here, now, on this table, you want me,"

He doesn't respond but his body does. The way his pupils dilate can only be attributed to lust. He leans forward ever so slightly but restrains himself before he can touch me.

My finger traces the length of my neck and curve of my breast before finding my mouth and then I suck on it lightly. His eyes never stopped following my movements.

"I can see that you want me," I say in almost a whisper, my sultry gaze never leaving his eyes. "so why are you stopping yourself?" I move my foot to rub against his leg and a sound escapes from the base of his throat.

"Why are you going against your desires, Alpha?"

"Stop it!" The voice bellows through the kitchen and then, the lights are switched on. When Logan and I turn, it's Freya who wears a frown, her eyes are grey and hair is brown this time. She comes as Nessa now, an ever foreboding darkNess in my life.

"Logan, are you foolish?" Nessa screams out. Nessa or Freya has a split personality. Like the Assassins', the witches also choose a new name for you when they indoctrinate you into their witch world or whatever creepy name thy probably call it. Freya was chosen for Nessa. She also has a look for each personality. The witch, Freya wears her hair silver and eyes also silver while the normal wolf or sort of wolf Nessa comes as a girl with brown hair and grey eyes.

Logan pulls away from me immediately, shaking his head as if to throw away the lust that was no doubt consuming him. This darn witch!

"Raven is only doing what she spent years training to do - seduce. Don't be stupid! What other reason would she have for wanting to fuck you? On a table no less?"

"I know, I just," Logan tries to defend himself but Nessa interrupts him.

"She got into your head. That's her job!"

I roll my eyes.

"Guys it's called being horny. I doubt any of us are virgins here so calm down, it's just sex. I was in the mood to have fun so," I lie down against the marble. Okay, she's right. I only wanted to seduce Logan to wager my freedom because my life is in danger and he can still help by convincing little miss party pooper over here.

"And I was born yesterday," She rolls her eyes and moves towards us. "So you read the newspaper of Kai's bounty and suddenly, you're interested in having fun with Logan? Yeah, sure, I buy it,"

I look at Logan who seems to have dulled from his lustful high and I don't know what to do. Should I admit to my plan which could have worked if this darkNess Nessa didn't interrupt or should I just feign innocence? Well, the Assassins' teach you that defeat should only be accepted in death so I decided to stay silent instead.

"She's good," Logan says to Nessa and I smile internally. Yes, yes I am. I'm not the best for nothing you stuffy wheezer!

"Exactly. I told you that she would be perfect for the job," Nessa says to Logan, her smile sinister and I sit up, not liking the sudden shift in the air. "Do you believe now?"

"She couldn't seduce Matthew," Logan argued.

"But she almost had you on your knees for her, didn't she? If I hadn't interrupted then-,"

"What's going on?" I interrupt, looking at the pair and not liking the confusion that they both inspired in me.

"You want your freedom right? Well, we decided to give you a second chance. We have another job for you, complete it successfully and I'll give you your heart's desire," Nessa promises and I narrow my eyes at her, my brain working in a direction that scares me.

"What's the job?" I ask, despite my reservations.

"We want you to seduce another Alpha. His name is Enzo."

~🖤~🖤~🖤~🖤~🖤~🖤~🖤~🖤~🖤~

If you read the other books, do you remember Enzo? (You don't have to read the others beforehand btw).

Whatcha think of Raven so far?

I'm super sleepy guys. Currently attending a zoom Neurology class that has my brain in a twist. Hope you enjoyed this chapter though. Thank you for reading! See you in 3 days!

~Эмма💕✌🏻

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6M 87.3K 46
"Shift." His voice hit me like a serrated blade as he stepped out of the crude semicircle of hardened wolves that had formed around me. I pushed mys...
63.8K 4K 42
Secrets...in every family,friendship and relationship exists some kind of secret. They always find a way to exist,to manipulate and control someone's...
35.6K 998 24
* Sutton's breath caught, almost like the room was suffocating her and the most intoxicating amazing smell flooded her nose the room became smaller w...
2.8M 139K 46
Grace has spent the past two years locked up and held prisoner by Kellan and his rogues. Now that she is finally free she wants nothing more than to...