Surviving Nyx (C.Grimes/TWD)...

Por Local4Life

After a Global Outbreak, where the dead ate the living, the world Nyx's knew would change forever. At first... Más

ONE: Stupid Morals
TWO: Group Discussion
THREE: Flare
FOUR: Night in the Field
FIVE: Welcome
SIX: Prisoners
SEVEN: Tomas' Dead
EIGHT: Birth-day
NINE: Meeting the Governor
TEN: Neighbours
ELEVEN: New Bow
TWELVE: Attacked
THIRTEEN: Afraid
FOURTEEN: Andrea
FIFTEEN: We're Going to War
SIXTEEN: The Impossible Deal
SEVENTEEN: Anger
EIGHTEEN: Arsehole
NINETEEN: Planning
TWENTY: Renovations
TWENTY-ONE: Clearing the Block
TWENTY-TWO: GSNJ
TWENTY-THREE: R.I.P
TWENTY-FOUR: Feelings
TWENTY-FIVE: Carl's 15
TWENTY-SIX: Flirting
TWENTY-SEVEN: Oliver's Threat
TWENTY-EIGHT: Ownership
TWENTY-NINE: Family
THIRTY: Popular
THIRTY-ONE: Twelve
THIRTY-TWO: Changes
THIRTY-THREE: Adventure Gone Wrong
THIRTY-FOUR: Truth Comes Out
THIRTY-FIVE: Things are Perfect
THIRTY-SIX: Full Circle
THIRTY-SEVEN: Campfire & Amber Light
THIRTY-NINE: Things Turn
FORTY: Jaw
FORTY-ONE: Quarantine
FORTY-TWO: Next Step
FORTY-THREE: Slow Motion
FORTY-FOUR: The Calm
FORTY-FIVE: The End of the Prison
FORTY-SIX: Sundered
FORTY-SEVEN: Despondency

THIRTY-EIGHT: Big Spot

232 6 0
Por Local4Life

A/N Jeez that last chapter was a saucy... share your thoughts on whether you want more smut later on in the book or just fluff and allude to smut like 'the deed was done' or 'after the horizontal tango'. For their first time I will be writing the actual deed but after that?

(18th April, 2012)

I was on my way back from a run, it was only supposed to be a few hours but I trapped in a house as a herd of walkers passed through the town. I radioed to Noel, who was on gate duty at the time, that I got caught up and wouldn't be back yesterday. I scavenging a little more this morning, I found a few useful knives and a good bit of canned food. I was riding back to the prison when I heard a horse and turned back to see Michonne, I slowed down a bit for her to catch up and so I wouldn't startle the horse.

"Why are you out here?" Michonne questioned me, "Herd passed through the neighbourhood I was scavenging yesterday." I inform her which causes Michonne to nod. "I still haven't found him." Michonne sighs, she been looking for the Governor, we want him dead before he can build up another group and come to slaughter us. "You will, and do me a favour make sure it's painful." Michonne nodded promising he will die slow. Michonne let out a whistle letting the gate hand that we were close and to get moving on opening the gates.

I drive in next to Michonne, and we're greeted by Rick and Carl. Carl gives me a hug and kiss hello after I get off my bike, "we're glad to see you." Rick smiles at Michonne, I'm secretly hoping they will get together because they would be so cute, plus Michonne is like Carl's best friend, so I know he wouldn't mind it. "Glad to see you, too." Michonne smiles and begins to root through her satchel, "somebody hit the jackpot." Michonne pulled out some comics passing them to Carl, "no wayyy, awesome! thank you." I smiled at Carl's adorableness before Michonne and I say together that we get to read them when he's done. "And I found this." Michonne passes Rick an electric razor, "your face is losing the war." Rick chuckled at her words, whilst I dive into my storage unit.

"Michonne, I actually found something for you." Rick, Carl and Michonne all look at me surprised, since we didn't know much about what Michonne liked but I knew this for sure. I pulled out a plastic bag, "I found a vending machine, and I know these are you favourite." I hand Michonne the bag, she opens it and laughs a little pulling out a handful of Big Cat Bars. "I love you." Michonne pulled me into a hug making me laugh.

I turn to Carl, and see him pulling the horse to the makeshift stable, I decided empty my bike because I knew that a group was going for a run today. Daryl drives down on his bike, followed by two cars, "you're back." Daryl smiles stopping next to me, giving me a hug, "you wanna come on this run? We're down a few people." Daryl admits, I gesture to the stuff that I still have to bring up to the prison, "I'll bring those up, go ahead." Phoebe came into view, she nudged Patrick to help her. I get back on my bike whilst Michonne and Rick approach us.

Daryl smiles at Michonne, "well, look who's back." Daryl turned off his bike for a minute, Michonne informs him that she didn't find the Governor. Daryl nods saying that he's glad that she came back in one piece, Michonne tells us that she's thinking about looking over near Macon. Rick and Daryl take a breath and look away from Michonne, knowing it's a bad idea, but she thinks it's worth a shot. "70 miles of walkers. You might run into a few unneighbourly types. Is it?" Daryl questions Michonne, I know how bad he wants the Governor dead for killing Merle, but he cares more about Michonne staying alive.

"I'm gonna go check out the big spot. The one I was talking about, just seeing." Daryl informs Rick, who turns to me, "you going with?" I nod, before he goes on to say that he wants to check the snares before the walkers get to them, "I'll go." Michonne spoke up, "you both just got here." Carl called over to me and Michonne, "and we'll be back." Michonne promised him for us, he jogged over to me as Michonne got into the car. "Just be careful and stay with your Dad." Carl begs me, I smile at him, he's always so worried about me. "I promise." Carl smiled and gave me a kiss on the forehead as we both whisper, "stay alive." I turned on my bike and stayed beside Daryl as we led the group to the big spot.

We pull up to a fence with a massive whole in it, blood on the chain-links. The building behind it was an actual Big Spot, with Army tents in front if it. Everyone got out of their cars, I turned off my bike and took my bow off my back, whilst adjusting my arrow carrier on it and I finally got to see our run team. We had Sasha, Glenn, Daryl, Michonne, Zach, Tyreese, Me and Bob. Bob is new to our run team and our group, I found him just a week ago, drunk off his head and I was very wary of whether or not to bring him back. I saw the good in him, I saw what he could become, so I stayed with him overnight, sobered him up and brought him back.. "Army came in and put these fences up, made it a place for the people to go. Last week when we spotted this place, there was a bunch of walkers behind this chain-link keeping people out like a bunch of guard dogs." Daryl explained, Bob asked if they've all just left but Sasha told him to listen.

There was some music blaring, "you drew 'em out." Michonne stated, Sasha nodded saying that three days ago they put a boom box out there gesturing to the direction the sound was coming from. "Hooked it up to two car batteries." Glenn says, which makes sense why the music is still playing and the boombox hasn't died yet. "All right, let's make a sweep." Daryl steps through the whole in the fence, I quickly follow him as he tells us to make sure it's safe and grab what we can, "we'll come back tomorrow with more people."

I walk towards a tent, sweep through it I see some first aid boxes, as well as packets of aspirins on the ground, and a few IV bags, I gather the stuff up and leave it outside the tent so that I can grab it on the way out. I scan the tents, mentally placing where everyone is just in case something happens before Daryl tells me to follow him and stay where he can see me. We reach the glass display window, Daryl hits it with his elbow a couple of times to draw any walkers that might be outside out. "Just give it a second."

I stood next to Zach as he was in deep thought, "okay, I think I got it." Zach admits and I roll my eyes knowing what he's referring to but Michonne questions him on it. "I've been trying to guess what Daryl did before the turn." Zach moved over to sit next to Daryl whilst Michonne looked at me to see if he's being serious, I just nod as Daryl explains that he's been trying to guess for like six weeks. Zach reminds Daryl that he's pacing himself and that he only gets one shot a day, "alright Zachary, let's hear it." I egg him on, he sends me a glare about calling him Zachary, "well, the way you are at the prison, you being on the council, you're able to track, you're helping people, but you're still being kind of... surly." Daryl looks at me and questions me what surly means, "bad-tempered or unfriendly." Daryl nods, knowing he can't deny being either of those things.

"So big swing here. Homicide cop." Michonne and I start laughing at Zach's career of the day, "what's so funny?" Daryl questions him, Michonne tells him that nothing is funny whilst I say that "it makes perfect sense." Zach had a his usual charming smile on his face as he saw our reaction. "Actually, the man's right. Undercover." I roll my eyes, Daryl is worse for messing with him, just makes him want to figure it out more.

Zach falls into Daryl's trap, "come on, really?" Daryl nods his head yes, saying that he doesn't like talking about it 'cause it was a lot of heavy shit. "Dude, come on, really?" Zach asked for confirmation, Daryl shook his head no as he cleared his throat. "Okay. I'll just keep guessing, I guess." Daryl tells him to keep doing that as a walker slams up against the window, "we're gonna do this, Dad?" I ask Daryl as he approaches me and Michonne, "let's do it." I wait for Zach to get up, "don't give up Z, you'll eventually get it." I pat his shoulder.

"Huntress, why don't you take these two." I nod stand a bit back from the door with my bow armed with an arrow. Daryl pushed opened the door and I shot two arrows, one into the left eye sockets of each walker. Tyreese drags them out of the building, I pull out my arrows, keeping one of my arrows out of my quiver. "All right, we go in, stay in formation for the sweep. After that, you all know what you're supposed to look for. Any questions?" Sasha orders, Tyreese turned to his sister, "was there ever a time that you weren't the boss of me?" I chuckle, "you had a few years before I was born." Sasha responds cheekily, causing Tyreese to playfully shove her, making her fall against me and I fell to the ground.

"Whoopsie." I chime as I get up and dust myself off, "Nyx, stop playing around." Daryl scolded me, I curtsey at him, making Glenn and Zach to snort trying to hold back laughs. "Let's get this shit over with." I mumble once Bob joins the rest of us.

After a sweep, and given the all clear, we each picked out a shopping cart, and wandered around the store. After twenty minutes, I filled my first cart with canned food, pasta, rice, cereal, batteries, flashlights, and skittles. I placed the cart outside, I put the medical supplies with them, hiding the stuff in one of the tents.

I returned to the store, grabbing another cart, and filling it with more food, water bottles, toiletries such as shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, toothbrushes, toothpaste, soap, and deodorant, and female-hygiene products such as pads and tampons.

I wheel that cart next to the other, when I reenter the store and grabbed the last cart, filling it with knives, brush and mop handles, water purifiers, rope, spiles, bandages, and all medication behind the counter.

On my way out, I heard glass shatter, I turn to see a shelf falling in the wine sector, "everything okay?" I call towards the shelf, "yeah, he's just caught." When I went to leave again a loud crash, I see a walker hanging from the room. As I'm making my way to the walker, I heard a creak, I stopped and looked up just as a walker drops on top of me. "Shit." I curse, holding the walker away from me with my left arm as I try to grab to kill it, I grab my knife killing the walker. "Nyx? You good?" Daryl yelled, "I'm okay, it's dead."

I shove the body off me, I rush to the wine section not seeing the smashed up walker, I slip in it's blood sliding down the isle on my back and luckily glided past two walkers. I jump up, tuck away my bow, holding two knives making my way towards the walkers that were falling from the roof. I get one that was about to bite Zach, rushing to Daryl's side straight after. "Get Bob, I'll get rid of this lot." I order him pulling out my bow again, shooting arrows in different directions.

Zach lifts the shelf, as Daryl pulls Bob, the whole ceiling was starting to collapsing. "ZACH!" I heard Glenn yell, as if it was slow motion I see a walker bite into Zach's neck, "noo." I cried shooting the walker, tears in my eyes, "Nyx! Please... please stop it." Zach begs me, I nod, "I'm sorry, Zachary." I shot the arrow, killing Zach before rushing out of the store, grabbing my last cart, pushing it out the door.

"Michonne, take this one, Glenn, come with me." We run to the tent, he grabs the cart that had the water bottles, whilst I got the one full with the food. We pushed the out to the others, Daryl ties up the fence once me and Glenn are on the right side of it. "Let's go before that herd get's here." We rushed putting all the stuff into the trunk of the cars and my storage unit. I was silently crying, Zach was one of my best friends, he was the big brother I always wanted and now he's gone. "Let's roll." Daryl yelled, everyone ran to get into their vehicles, I throw my leg over my bike. I turn the bike on, turning to Daryl as he sent me a nod, and we took off back towards the prison.

Rick and Noel opens the gate for us, I drive straight up the prison. I put my bike on a stand, "how'd it go?" Carl questioned jogging over to me, "we lost Zach." I told him in a whisper, Carl pulled me into a hug, I wrap my arms around him and let a few tears fall. "I'm so sorry, love." Carl whispers into my ear, I sigh as I break the hug. Carl wipes my tears away, cupping my cheeks and gave me a short kiss hello.

"If it wasn't for Nyx, we would've not only lost Zach but also come back empty handed." Michonne informs Rick, "she was thinking ahead, leaving the filled carts hidden in a tents outside." Glenn explained how I was responsible for the stuff we were bringing in. "Thank you, Nyx." I shook my head, and heading inside as I hear Daryl inform Rick that I was the one who put Zach down.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

316 23 13
"𝘠𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦 𝘱𝘰𝘪𝘴𝘰𝘯..." 𝘐 𝘩𝘪𝘴𝘴 𝘢𝘵 𝘩𝘪𝘮 𝘮𝘢𝘭𝘪𝘤𝘪𝘰𝘶𝘴𝘭𝘺 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘸𝘢𝘵𝘤𝘩 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘮𝘶𝘴𝘤𝘭𝘦𝘴 𝘧𝘭𝘦𝘹 𝘪𝘯 𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘤𝘭𝘦𝘯𝘤�...
6.2K 260 40
Mercedes Warren was only thirteen when the world ended. The only people she had left was her dad and her teenaged neighbor, Ross. Together the three...
13.4K 209 30
Family. A word that means the world to Theo. But what happens when that world is breaking? No matter how many things go right, double that goes wrong...
733 52 10
All alone in an apocalyptic world with most of her family presumed to be dead, and now around a cast of strangers who are not the most welcoming folk...