Unexpected Love {A Big Time R...

By JessicaSwagMaslow

Jessica Pena is Carlos's little sister. Ever since their parent's died in a car accident, Carlos stepped up t... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
[Author's Note] ~READ PLEASE~

Chapter 2

735 17 0
By JessicaSwagMaslow

Chapter 2:

James's POV:

"Carlos! What the fuck?! Did you seriously just slap your little sister?!" I yell. "Now she ran off. Nice going."

He just glared at me. Then he went to his room and slammed the door.

"Damn. What the hell is his problem?" I say, staring at the closed door.

"Probably that Jessica was on top of you?!..." Kendall replies, saying it like I was stupid.

"It was a fucking accident! And for the record. SHE was on top of ME." I reply.

"So?! It doesn't matter! You know how Carlos feels about his sister!" Kendall yells.

"Why the fuck are you yelling at me?! He's just a stupid, overprotective brother. WAY too overprotective!" I yell back.

"James! First of all you're way out of line. Second, he's overprotective because she's his only little sister! And third, I wouldn't trust you with my sister either! If I had one!" Kendall yells at me.

"James. Kendall is right about the overprotective part. I am not as overprotective as Carlos is with Jessica, but I am kind of like Carlos when it comes to my little sister. Of course Lily already found a boyfriend, but you get my point." Logan says.

"No. I don't." I snap.

"James. Overprotective brothers are called "overprotective" for a reason. They protect they're siblings, most likely a younger sister. In this case, Carlos and Jessica." Kendall explains.

"Whatever." I reply.

"Damn it James! Do you not understand what we're trying to say?!" Kendall snaps at me.

"No! I don't. What the hell are you REALLY trying to tell me?" I snap back.

"This is all your fault! It's not Carlos's fault!" Kendall and Logan both say in unison.

"Carlos fucking slapped Jessica and you're saying that it's not his fault?!" I yell.

"Okay. Fine. Maybe THAT was out of line, but besides that, it's your fault." Kendall says.

"Fine! Whatever! I don't give a fuck on what you think! I'm going to find Jessica. You guys can talk to the asshole in his room." I yell, stomping off.

I run down the stairs and head out the front door. It was getting dark. Damn it. I needed to find Jessica before something bad happens to her. I start looking around the house. Suddenly I hear something. I stopped where I was and listened. It was someone crying. I headed towards the sound and came to a group of trees. I look behind one and saw Jessica crying. I went over to her and sat down next to her. Then I wrapped my arms around her and let her cry on my shoulder. For a few seconds she remained in my embrace, but then shoved me away.

"What are you doing here?" she asked between sniffles.

"To find you. And I did." I reply.

"Go away. I don't want to see you or the other guys. Just leave me alone." she says, burying her head in her lap.

"Why don't you want to see me?" I ask her.

"Because!" her yell was muffled.

"Jessica come inside. You're gonna get sick. It's getting cold." I tell her.

She lifts her head and meets my gaze.

"I'm not going back in. After getting slapped by Carlos? I'm not going in. He didn't cool down. If I go in now. I'm going to get in more trouble." she replies.

I sigh. If she was right, then I wouldn't want her to get hurt again. Maybe she could spend the night at my house. She was like a sister to me after all. It shouldn't matter.

"Then come and spend the night at my house. Just tonight so you can give Carlos time to cool down." I tell her.

She looks at me, thinking. Then she shakes her head.

"I can't." she replies.

"Why?" I ask her.

"I just can't." she says.

"Jessica. It's just one night. Come on. It's getting cold. You're gonna get sick. Just tonight. Let Carlos cool down. I'll bring you back home in the morning." I tell her.

She sighs. "Okay."

I smile. "Come on. Let's go."

She nods and gets up, then suddenly topples over. I catch her and get her back on her feet.

"You okay?" I ask in concern.

"Yeah. Thanks. I guess my legs fell asleep." she replies.

We walk over to my car and I unlock the doors. She gets in the passengers seat. I get in the drivers seat and drive towards my house. About 20 minutes later, my house comes into view. I park my car in the driveway and shut off the engine. I looked over at Jessica and she was sleeping. I smiled. She looked adorable. I get out of the car and run around to Jessica's side and opened the door. I lean over and unbuckle her seatbelt and hold her bridal style and close the door and lock my car. I walk up to my front door and unlock it. Then I swing the door open and was greeted by Fox jumping up and down and barking. I close the door.

"Shh Fox. Quiet." I tell him.

Jessica starts to shift in my arms. I gently lay her down on the couch. I walk over to Fox. I pat his head.

"Hey buddy. You miss me?" I laugh.

Fox barks in return. I laugh.

"Hold on Fox. I'll be right back." I say, getting up and walking towards Jessica.

I pick her up and carry her up the stairs. I gently lay her down on my bed and tuck her in. I kiss her forehead and walk back down the stairs when Fox darts past me and into my room. Damn it. I go back in, only to see Fox laying down next to Jessica. I roll my eyes. I go over and pat his head.

"You little goof." I laugh.

I pat his head once more before heading off to the shower. I grab my clothes and go into my bathroom. I take my clothes off and took a shower. I came out and put on sweats with a t-shirt and quickly dried off my hair. I came out and saw Jessica still sleeping and Fox sleeping alongside with her. I smile at them both when I suddenly noticed my phone was lighting up. I walked over to it and saw I had new text messages. I unlocked my phone and started reading through them.

From: Kendall-

Dude. Where are you? Is Jessica with you?

From: Kendall-

James. Where are you?

From: Logan-

Bro. This isn't funny. Carlos is freaking out. Is Jessica with you?

From: Kendall-

James. Did you find Jessica? Is she okay?

From: Carlos-

James. Is my sister with you by any chance? I'm sorry about punching you I was just mad. Is Jessica with you?

I replied to Carlos's text message.

To: Carlos-

Hey Carlos. It's fine. Jessica is here with me. It was getting late and Jessica didn't want to go back in the house because she was scared of you so I took her to my place. She's sleeping right now and she's fine.

A few seconds later my phone started ringing. It was Carlos. This wasn't going to be good. I picked it up.

Me: Hey Carlos.

Carlos: What the fuck James! Jessica is sleeping at your house?! Are you fucking kidding me?!

Me: Carlos. I'm not doing anything bad. She just didn't want to go in her house because she was scared you would yell at her or hit her again.

Carlos: You want me to actually believe that bullshit?

Me: Fine. Don't believe me. You can ask her yourself. TOMORROW.

Carlos: Tomorrow?! Are you fucking kidding me?! She needs to be home now.

Me: Are you out of your fucking mind?! It's 12:30 in the morning!

Carlos: I don't give a shit. She needs to be home now.

Me: Hell no. She's staying here and that's final. She's not going anywhere.

Carlos: James! What the fuck?! I need her ho-...

I hung up the phone and put it down. Suddenly I see Jessica tossing and turning again. Damn. Will this ever stop? I go over to her. Fox whimpers at her. I sit down on my bed and gently shake her.

"Jessica? Jessica? Jessica. Wake up!" I tell her.

She screams and wakes up.

Jessica's POV:

I jolt up and started shaking. I saw James and I jumped into his arms and started rubbing my head against his chest. I feel his grip tighten around me, giving me the feeling of protection. I wanted to cry. I was so scared. Why couldn't the nightmares just go away? I wanted to forgot about that horrible memory. James started rubbing my back.

"Jessica. It's okay." James tells me.

I continue to rest my head against his chest. I wanted to go back to sleep, but I was too afraid. Too afraid to see those faces again. Too afraid to feel the pain I suffered. To afraid to bear the feeling that I'd never see my family or friends ever again. I continued to shake. I wish I could just erase the memory, but it kept coming back to haunt me.

"Jessica. Try and go back to sleep." James tells me, still rubbing my back.

"I don't want to." I reply.

James pulls us apart just enough that we meet each others' gaze.

He brushes my hair away from my eyes.

"Why?" he asks.

"I'm scared. I don't want to see them again. I wish I could erase the memory, but I can't. I'm stuck with it forever!" I reply, tearing streaming down my face.

James wipes the tears away with his thumbs.

"Aww Jessica. It'll go away in time. Don't cry." he tells me.

He lays me down in his lap and wipes away another tear.

"They didn't catch them yet! They can still find me and take me away!" I reply, starting to cry again.

"Jessica don't cry. The police will catch those assholes soon. I promise. I'll find them myself if I have to." he tells me, stroking my hair.

I started fiddling with my leg. These skinny jeans was not comfortable at all. James must have noticed.

"Those aren't really comfortable to sleep in are they?" he smiles.

I shake my head. He smiles. He lays me down on the bed and gets up. I sit up and watch him go to his closet. He comes back with a pair of his sweatpants and one of his shirts. I hands them to me.

"They'll be big, but they're probably much more comfortable than what you're wearing now." he says.

I take them and go over to his bathroom. He was right they were a bit big, but it was so much more comfortable. His scent was amazing. I never noticed he smelled so good. I came out and James smiled.

"Hmm. Not bad." he smiles.

I giggle. "You were right. They're so much more comfortable."

I walk over to him on the bed and he puts me on his lap. I rest my head against his chest. He strokes my hair and rocks slowly back and forth. Then he starts to sing.

"Wait. A minute. Before you tell me anything how was your day? Cuz I've been missing. You by my side yeah." he sings.

I smile. My favorite song and his voice just made it even better.

"Did I. Awake. You out of your dreams I'm sorry but I couldn't sleep. You calm me down there's something 'bout the sound of your voice. I-I-I-I'm never. Never. Never as far away as it may seem. No. Soon we'll be together. We'll pick up right where we left off." he continues.

My eyes started to droop so I closed them and started to relax.

"Paris. London. Tokyo. There's just one thing that I gotta do. Hello yuck you in every night on the phone. Hello tuck you in. And I can hardly take another goodbye. Baby it won't be long. You're the one that I'm waiting on. Hello tuck you in every night on the phone whoa." James continues to sing.

I felt myself being lead into deep sleep.

"Girl I'll be thing about you worldwide. Worldwide. Worldwide. Girl I'll be thinking about you worldwide. Worldwide. Worldwide. Girl I'll be thinking about you." James sings.

That was the last thing I heard before I fell asleep, leaving reality and entering my dreams.

James's POV:

I started singing Worldwide. It was Jessica's favorite song. All of us knew that. Soon after singing I felt Jessica relax and her breathing became steady against my chest. I gently lay her down on the bed and tuck her in. Then I lay down next to her and pull her in close against my chest. Soon, I feel asleep.

***Next Morning***

Jessica's POV:

I yawned and slowly opened my eyes. I immediately shut my eyes. The sun coming in from the window was really bright. I tried again and this time I saw James sleeping next to me. Oh shit. If Carlos found out I'm dead. I moved a bit too much and James woke up and smiled at me.

"Good morning Jessica." he says.

"Good morning James." I reply.

"Hmm. You didn't scream last night after I sang you to sleep. Maybe I should do that often." he smiles.

I laugh. "Really?"

"Yeah. You didn't scream or anything after the first one." he tells me.

"Oh. Thank God. I wanted to sleep at least once without waking up screaming in the middle of the night." I reply.

James brushed my hair away from my eyes and laughed.

"What's so funny?" I ask.

"Your hair is messed up." he laughs.

I giggle. "Well then." I say, ruffling his hair. "Now yours is too."

"Oh. Thanks a lot Jessica." he smiles.

Then my thoughts drifted over to Carlos. I needed to get back home.

"Shit." I mumbled too loudly.

"What's wrong?" James asks.

"Carlos.... He.... I need to get home James." I reply.

"Um. Okay. I'll change and we'll go in a few minutes. You can go ahead and just wear those and just keep them. They were getting a little small anyways." he replies.

"Okay. Thanks James." I tell him.

"No problem." James smiles.

He gets off the bed and grabs his clothes and heads off to the bathroom. A few minutes later he comes out, looking quite hot. I smile and get off the bed. I grab my clothes that I wore yesterday a walked to the car with James. We get in and drive to my house. James knocked on the door and a few seconds later Carlos opens the door and all hell broke loose.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Chapter 2. Hope you are enjoying it. I'm trying my best. Feedback would be great. :) Fan. Vote, Comment would be cool. :) Swag! Rusher Out! XOXO JM ;) 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.4K 433 20
Riley Evans is a girl being hunted...only she doesn't know she is or that she is being hunted by a vampire or that her best friends, Carlos and Kenda...
82.7K 1.6K 46
A Kendall Schmidt Story, of course ^_^ I actually don't really have a storyline in mind, I write what comes up, I usually dream pieces of what I real...
170K 3.3K 42
Best Ranking: #1 in #btr ✨ #3 in #loganhenderson ✨ #1 in #bigtimerushfanfic ✨ DISCLAIMER: I wrote this when I was 13/14... It needs editing but othe...
46.8K 1K 31
*is very stupid ad no well written. It's one of my earlier stories but I'm too chicken to delete it soooo read at you own risk* 17 year old Rosalie A...