Unexpected Love {A Big Time R...

By JessicaSwagMaslow

Jessica Pena is Carlos's little sister. Ever since their parent's died in a car accident, Carlos stepped up t... More

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
[Author's Note] ~READ PLEASE~

Chapter 1

2.7K 22 3
By JessicaSwagMaslow

Okay, so before you start reading. I just wanted to say something. While you're reading, if you want to change the names to yours or something, go ahead. You don't need to think about the name I wrote, just go ahead and insert your own names if you wish. So that's about it. Hope you enjoy this story. It's my first one ever so yeah. Swag! ;)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 1:

Jessica's POV:

It was just a normal day. I was out for a walk in the park. I was enjoying the fresh air. It was beautiful out. I was almost to my house. I turned a corner when I suddenly felt like someone was following me. I turned around just be face to face with a tall guy dressed in black. I was just about to scream when he covered my mouth and knocked me out cold. When I came to, I found myself in a dark place. I squinted to make out the shadowy figure in the dark. I started to whimper. My mistake. The lights came on and the same tall guy that knocked me out came over to me and smiled. He started to stroke my cheek. I couldn't let him do what he wanted so I kicked him. He fell over and laughed. Then he got up and smiled at me. Suddenly a hand came flying at me. My cheek was stinging and I started to whimper. I wanted to scream, but my mouth was taped. I wanted to run, but my hands were tied up and I was tied to a chair. I couldn't do anything. Suddenly his hand was coming at me to hit me again...

**************************************

"Jessie! Wake up! It's just a nightmare!

Please wake up!" I hear Carlos yell.

I scream and jolt up. I was crying and looked up. I saw Carlos looking at me with concern. I didn't even hesitate. I jumped into his open arms and started to cry even more. I felt Carlos's arms tighten around me. He started stroking me hair and rubbing my back.

"Shh. Jessie. It's okay. You're safe. No one is going to hurt you." Carlos tells me.

I continue to cry. I wanted to scream. I wanted to run away. I was just that scared.

"Jessie. Please. You're safe. I promise. Just please stop crying." Carlos tells me, stroking my hair.

I just couldn't stop. The tears were running down my cheeks and I couldn't stop them.

Carlos's POV:

It was so sad to see Jessie like this. It was torturing her. I continued to try and calm her down with no luck. Minutes passed by until she finally cried herself to sleep. I tuck her in and gently kiss her forehead. I get up from the bed and look at her. I sigh. 'Why does this have to happen to you Jessica?' I think to myself. I leave the room and down the stairs. I go over to the living room where my friends were hanging out. I sit down on the couch next to James.

"Is she okay?" James asks.

I sigh. "No. She cried herself to sleep. It hurts me to see her like this."

"How could this happen to Jessica? Her of all people?! She never deserved this torture!" Logan started to yell.

"Logan's right. I swear. If I ever find out who did this. They're dead." James replies.

"Guys. Please. She finally fell asleep." I tell them.

"Oh. Sorry." Logan replies.

"Did they find out who did it yet?" Kendall asks.

I shake my head. "No..."

"Damn it. They need to find that person fast. If the police don't find them soon and I find them. I'm gonna kick their sorry asses." James replies.

"Thanks for saying that James." I tell him.

"No problem. Don't think I won't. I'm still gonna kick their ass if I find them." James replies.

I crack a small smile. I was just about to reply to James when I heard a scream coming from upstairs. I didn't even hesitate and ran up the stairs. I burst into Jessica's room to see her hunched up against the headrest shaking uncontrollably. She was crying again. I walk over to her and gently touch her shoulder when she screams.

"Please go away! Please go away!" she screamed.

I felt my heart being torn into pieces.

"Jessie. It's me." I reply.

She looks up at me and jumps into my arms again.

"Oh Carlos. It was so scary." she cries.

I rub her back. "It's okay. You're safe. They can't do anything to you. I promise."

She continues to cry and rubs her head against my chest. I hold her tight.

"Oh Jessica." James says, coming into the room with the others following right behind him.

"Jessie. Please it's okay. You're safe." I tell her.

"Carlos. T-They.... They...." Jessica starts.

Suddenly I feel Jessica go limp in my arms. I gently shake her.

"Jessica? Jessica?! Jessie!" I yell.

I gently lay her down on the bed and look at her. She looked awful. She was a mess. Her hair was all tangled and her eyes were swollen from crying. She looked so much skinnier. I brush her hair away from her eyes and walk out of the room and enter my room. I slam the door and that's when I lost it. I started grabbing random things in my room and started throwing them across the room and smashing things on the ground. I grabbed a vase and smashed it against the wall. Then I walked over and punched the wall. It left a huge hole in the wall and my fist covered in blood. I could care less. I grabbed a lamp and just was about to chuck it against the wall when I was stopped.

"Carlos! Dont!" I hear Kendall yell from the door.

I look up and see Kendall and Logan standing by the door. Logan comes over to me and takes the lamp out of my hands.

"Carlos. You need to calm down. You can't do this." Logan tells me.

"I could care less! My sister is being tortured! She barely gets any sleep at all! She barely eats and can't stop crying! She wakes up in the middle of the night screaming and shaking really bad! How can I calm down?!" I yell.

"Carlos. We know how you feel. Jessica is like a sister to us, but you need to keep it together. If you lose it, who will Jessica look up to for protection? For help? For comfort?" Kendall tells me. "She needs her older brother."

I sigh. Kendall was right. I was the only one Jessica had left ever since mom and dad died in a car accident.

"You're right. She needs me." I reply.

"Good. Now go and take care of your hand." Kendall replies.

I nod my head and walk off to the bathroom. I turn on the water in the sink and wash the blood off of my hand. It stung when it touched the water, but it was bearable. I dried it off and bandaged it up. I came out and went over to Jessica's room where everyone was. I walk over to the bed and noticed that Jessica was holding onto James's hand. James must of noticed me staring.

"Oh. She gained consciousness and fell asleep. I was about to get up when she grabbed my hand and asked me to stay. I'm not lying. I promise Carlos." he replies.

"Okay. I believe you. At least she's sleeping. If holding your hand will get her to stay asleep. I don't mind." I reply.

"Speaking of hands. What happened to yours?" James asks, looking over to my hand.

"Oh. This? Um. I punched a wall." I tell him.

"Carlos! Why?" he asks.

"I just couldn't help it. My sister is in this condition and I just lost it okay?" I reply.

"Okay. Just try not to do that anymore. She needs you. You can't lose it. You need to stay strong for her." James tells me.

"That's what I've been telling him! I don't know if that really got into his head though." Kendall replies.

"Okay guys I get it. Jessica needs me. Don't lost it. Got it." I say.

"Don't punch any walls either." Logan laughs.

I laugh along with him.

James's POV:

We were all laughing at Logan's comment when Jessica started tossing and turning. I immediately tried to calm her down.

"Jessica. Jessica. It's okay. It's just a dream. You don't need to worry." I tell her.

"Jessie? It's okay!" Carlos tells her.

Her grip on my hand got tighter and tighter. I swear she stopped my circulation. Finally the moment came. She screamed and jolted up. She started to breathe really hard. The first person she saw was me so she jumped into my arms. Since I was on the edge of the bed and she was holding onto my hand. I lost balance and fell over taking Jessica down with me. Then the worst possible thing happened. She fell and our lips connected. We both look at each other wide eyed. We stay there shocked for a minute then we break away. Still shocked.

"Um. Jessica...." I start.

"J-J-James.... I'm so s-sorry. I-I-I-I...." she stutters.

"Jessica. It's fine. It was an accident. You were scared. It okay." I tell her, giving her a hug.

She breaks away and looks at me. Then she gets up and runs out of the room.

"Jessica!" I yell.

It was too late. She already left the room. I doubted she could hear me.

"Ooh. Someone's in trouble." Kendall says.

"Hey James. How was it kissing Jessica?" Logan smiled.

"Guys! Shut up! It wasn't a kiss! It was an accident! Carlos. I am so sorry." I say.

He looked at me like he was about to explode.

"C-Carlos?" I say his name.

"James. I'd suggest you run. He's gonna blow any minu-...." Kendall starts, but Carlos cuts him off.

"JAMES! WHAT. THE. HELL?!" Carlos yells.

"C-Carlos... It was an accident. I-I... I'm sorry Carlos." I manage to stutter.

I've never seen Carlos act like this before. It took me by surprise.

"Oh. An accident huh?! A little long for an accident!" Carlos yells at me.

Suddenly Carlos grabs the collar of my shirt and was ready to punch me. I close my eyes, waiting for the blow. Just like I expected the blow came. I flew backwards and started to rub my jaw.

"Carlos!" Kendall yells.

I looked up from where I was and saw Carlos glare at me. His eyes full of hate. What did I do so wrong? What part of 'accident' does he not understand? I would never do that to his sister. She's like a sister to me. I would never to that on purpose.

"Carlos. I swear it was an accident. Please believe me!" I tell him.

He continues to glare at me. He takes one more look at me then exits the room. I could hear the slam of his door as he shut it. I got up from where I was and continued to rub my sore jaw.

"James. Are you okay bro?" Kendall ask.

"I'll be fine. Where's Jessica?" I ask.

"Ooh lover boy can't get over the kiss." Logan laughs.

"Damn it Logan! It was a fucking accident! Shut up!" I yell.

He raises his arms in surrender. "Okay. Whatever you say. Lover boy."

"Logan. Shut the fuck up. It was an accident. So just stop." I tell him.

"Okay okay. God." Logan replies.

"I'm going to find Jessica. You guys should talk to Carlos since he's pissed at me and wants to fucking kill me." I tell them, walking out the door.

"Okay. Good luck finding her. If she's hiding. It'll take a while to find her. She's a really good hider. Too good." Kendall replies.

"Got it." I reply.

I start to look around the house with no luck. 'She wouldn't leave the house would she?' I thought to myself. I shook the thought away from my head. I doubt it. She's probably in the house and I just can't find her.

Jessica's POV:

I was hiding under Carlos bed. I heard Carlos slam the door and plop down on the bed. This would be the last place they would look. They'll never find me. Well. Never is a pretty strong word. Suddenly the door opens and I see 2 pairs of feet. Judging from their shoes, it was Kendall and Logan.

"What the hell do you want?" Carlos snaps.

"Carlos. We have to talk. Punching James was out of the question. He said it was an accident. Why didn't you believe him? Has he ever lied to you before?" Kendall asks.

"I didn't care what the hell he said. He kissed my sister and that made me angry." Carlos replies.

"Dude. Seriously though. You would have let it go easily if it was one of us. What's the difference between us and James?" Logan asks.

I hear Carlos let out a big sigh. "It's just I don't trust James okay? When it comes to girls, he can't keep a relationship. He always kisses girls. Then before you know it, they're dating. Then a few days later, he breaks up with them and doesn't give a shit whether or not they're heartbroken. Whether or not they loved him. Seeing him kiss Jessica. That just blew me over the top okay?"

I gasped and immediately covered my mouth. Too late. They heard me.

"Did you guys hear something?" Carlos asks.

"Yeah. It sounded like it came from under your bed." Kendall replies.

Suddenly I see Carlos looking at me.

"Jessie?" Carlos asks.

I get out from under the bed and run out the door.

"Jessica!" I hear Carlos yell, but I ignore it.

Suddenly I run into something. Or someone. I fell to the floor which actually happens to be James's chest.

"Well there you are." James smiles.

I don't reply and just stare at him. Then I noticed a bruise on his jaw.

"What happened? Did Carlos do this to you?" I ask him, gently touching his jaw.

He groans. "Ow. Um, yeah."

"James! Jessica! What the fuck are you guys doing?!" I hear Carlos yell.

I can't believe I forgot that I was on top of James's cheat. Damn it. I got up and James got up with me.

"Fuck you Carlos! Why would you punch James?!" I start to yell.

"Do not use that tone with me young lady." Carlos snaps.

"I can if I want to!" I yell. 

"Jessica Pena. Stop it now." Carlos tells me.

"No! You can't tell me what to do! You're not mom or dad! You're not the fucking boss of me!" I yell.

Suddenly a hand came flying and I fell to the floor. My cheek was stinging. Carlos slapped me. He actually slapped me.

"CARLOS!" the guys all yell at the same time.

I clutched my cheek and started to tear up. Suddenly I felt two hands help me up and turned me around to face him. It was James.

"Jessica. Are you okay?" he asks with concern. 

Tears were streaming down my eyes. I got out of his grip and ran out the front door.

 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First story, ever. Give me some feedback? That would be really cool. :) Fan, Vote, Comment. :) Love you guys! Swag! XOXO JM ;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.3K 298 31
Its Katie's birthday and all she wants in the world is to meet her favorite band of all time, Big Time Rush. Her sister, who is 10 years older than h...
16.4K 433 20
Riley Evans is a girl being hunted...only she doesn't know she is or that she is being hunted by a vampire or that her best friends, Carlos and Kenda...
7.2K 122 14
When James Diamond's twin sister, Jasmine Diamond, comes back from boarding school in France to visit her brother, Logan can't help but realize her b...
6.1K 242 20
Emily and James get to know each other thanks to Alexa. They become great friends but don't stay that. James asks Emily out and they are a happy coup...