The Mortician's Son (BoyxBoy)

By MacabreObsession

In the old mansion, there is a mortician's son who works tirelessly in his endless search for corpses. Nathan... More

The Mortician's Son (BoyxBoy)
C H A P T E R . O 1
C H A P T E R . O 2
C H A P T E R . O 3
C H A P T E R . O 4
C H A P T E R . O 5
C H A P T E R . O 6
C H A P T E R . O 7
C H A P T E R . O 8
C H A P T E R . O 9
C H A P T E R . 1 O
C H A P T E R . 1 1
C H A P T E R . 1 2
C H A P T E R . 1 3

C H A P T E R . 1 4

1K 33 13
By MacabreObsession

S U M M E R  D A Y S

                                                                     June

Blake and Nathan walked into the pet store. After a short glance around, the raven-haired teen looked to his boyfriend.

"Well, go crazy," he encouraged, beaming.

A faint blush colored the brunette's cheeks. "Blake, I… you don't have to do this…"

"I want to do this, Nathan," Blake corrected. "I want something that'll keep you company and make sure you think of me."

"I don't think I'll ever stop thinking of you," Nathan murmured. Blake smiled at that and took his hand.

"Pick a pet," he said. "I'll pay for the food and everything."

"No, I-I can't ask you to pay for so much!"

"Nathan," Blake pressed his lips against the shell of Nathan's ear and purred. "Just be good and accept my gift."

Nathan felt his cheeks heat up exponentially. Gods, when did Blake become so persuasive? The brunette turned his attention to the cats. Despite the fact that he and his father skinned and gutted the felines on occasion, Nathan liked them and had always thought of keeping one. He made a beeline for the wall of cats, each of them separated by their cages. There were felines of all ages; kittens, young cats and old, lazy, fat cats. There were several cubicles in the pet store for future owners to meet any prospective pets. Nathan requested a few felines to be brought out so he could see Blake personally.

"I like this one," Blake said offhandedly as a white kitten batted at Nathan's nose playfully.

The brunette hummed thoughtfully. "I'd like to see more cats, though. Do you have any interesting ones?" Nathan asked the male employee.

"Uh, well—" the man began.

Suddenly, the mortician's son caught sight of a cat crouching at the far end of the cages. It was a large, black, female cat; its left paw was white, it's green eyes were fixated on the brunette. Nathan went up to the cat's cage and pressed his hands against the glass. The cat glanced up at him, twitched a lazy ear and then squished its nose on the glass in response. Nathan smiled his little flashlight-under-the-chin smile and, to Blake's utter surprise, the cat grinned back in the same fashion.

"I want this one," Nathan said, pointing at the feline.

"Um, I don't think you want that one!" The employee stuttered. "She's really aggressive, and she doesn't like anyone."

"I think she likes me," the brunette said without looking at the employee.

"No, sir, you don't understand. That cat is lethal," the man stressed. "All its previous owners brought it right back the day they brought it home. They've all complained that it scratches anyone who tries to pet it and it's really, really scary! The Humane Society's tried to gas it twice and — well, obviously you can see that it survived."

"You've tried to kill it twice?" Blake asked incredulously. He stared at the cat.

"And there's rumor that it was once hit by a sixteen-wheeled truck, too…." The employee went on.

Nathan looked immensely pleased and turned his gaze to his boyfriend. "I want this one," he repeated.

Blake swallowed. The brunette was thinking about taking care of a cat that survived certain death more than once?! Was he insane — Oh wait.

"Does it… have to be that one?" Blake asked. Already his mind was entertaining several painful scenarios involving the terrifying cat.

Behind the glass, a frightened female employee gingerly opened the metal door in the back to refill the cat's food bowl. In a flash, the feline attacked, immediately going for the woman's face. The employee let out a muted scream and waved her arms frantically as her head was mercilessly attacked. She eventually fell to the ground and was out of sight, though her flailing feet made several appearances. The other cats rioted at the sounds of a fight, running in circles in the cages, yowling, hissing and spitting. Next to the cat cages, the dogs had started to go ballistic as well.

"Yes, she's good. I can tell,*" Nathan said, his thin, slit-like grin all the wider.

Eyes staring straight forward, and fearing that his fellow co-worker might have very well been mauled to death by a deadly cat, the employee pulled out a clipboard.

"Would you like to pick out a collar and a tag for her?" He asked in a hushed, shaky voice. "We're having a special fifteen percent discount for pet owners who buy animals from us."

"Yes," the brunette said. "I would like to name her 'Ghidorah.' G-H-I-D-O-R-A-H. Like the three-headed monster."

*

Surprisingly enough, the cat was quite tamed in Nathan's arms …and only Nathan's. The first day she was brought home, Ghidorah yowled and clawed at anyone who tried to get close to the brunette. Blake sported a very nasty cut on his chin after trying to kiss Nathan good-bye. Even Luke did not seem to like the cat. He often dropped comments like "Hmm, my cats are running in short supply today" or even more obvious, "Oh, I seemed to have misplaced my bear traps. It would be so very awful if Ghidorah just happened to tread upon them."

"I apologize for her…" the mortician's son said, the cat in his arms. It was almost hilarious how harmless it looked when Nathan was holding it.

"It's not your fault," Blake said, eyeing the feline warily.

"I think Ghidorah just has to get used to you," Nathan offered. He held the cat out to him, Blake immediately drew back.

"Nathan, what are you doing?" he asked.

"Try and hold her," the brunette encouraged.

"Nathan, I really don't think this is a good idea…" Blake could feel his chin stinging, but at Nathan's urging, he took the feline carefully. She was already growling loudly. The older boy felt his heart pounding in his chest with fear. He was holding a cat, a cat that did not like him and was named Ghidorah, after the three-headed monster. Gods help him.

Ghidorah hissed and Blake jumped.

"Ghidorah, play nice!" Nathan ordered.

The cat quieted down, but she still looked rather miffed.

"Ghidorah…" the brunette warned.

Ghidorah meowed in complaint.

"I don't care how much you love me. I love Blake and if you hurt him again, I won't like you anymore!"

The feline seemed to understand and reluctantly began to relax in his arms. Blake was starting to suspect that Nathan had some sort of power over animals as well.

+

Blake passed by his window and paused. After a split-second of contemplation, he peered through his window again. He could have sworn he saw something sitting on the bushes outside, a funny-looking black cat with a cream-colored chest and a crown on its head.

He rubbed his eye and continued on his way to his room.

+

"Yo, baby bro!" Manson greeted as he placed his cell phone to his ear. "What's up?"

"Good evening, Manson," Nathan replied. "Can I ask you a personal question?"

"Sure, shoot."

"You've had sex before, right?"

The ebony-haired man sat up from his couch with a combination of interest and joy that Nathan would come to him for advice on sex. "Yeah."

"How did… how did you know when would be the… proper time to copulate?"

"Umm…" In the back of his mind, Manson felt like he was talking to some forty-year-old virgin instead of his seventeen-year-old brother. He really should think about taking Nathan out more. The kid needed to interact with society like a proper teenager. "I dunno. I guess whenever your gut tells you. It's really important to listen to your instincts when it comes to things as personal and potentially spiritually transcending as sex. But you have to sort of input your environment into the equation. You know, like, you don't wanna have the urge to get it on in like, a supermarket or something. 'Cause that can count as indecent exposure and they can totally fine you. But if that's like… your thing, I guess —"

"I'm not fond of exhibitionism."

"Well, I'm just saying if that's what gets it up, it's nothing to be ashamed about. I mean, I've always thought about doing the dirty in something epic like a construction crane. Or on a grizzly bear. Grizzly bears are awesome. No, I'm not just saying that 'cause I'm stoned. I've actually thought it would be totally cool to do that."

"Manson, I'm not going to lie to you, having intercourse on top of a bear sounds dangerous, irrational and borderline idiotic. The grizzly bear can reach a speed of sixty miles per hour after four steps."

"Shit. Really?"

"Yes. I strongly advise against attempting such a dangerous stunt because you'd probably be mauled horribly. But I thank you for answering my question. I'm going to hang up now."

"Alright. Glad I could be of help!"

+

One day in mid-June, Dylan invited his friends for a sleepover. Their group lived for Dylan's sleep-overs, which were easily the highlight of the summer (aside from birthdays.) They spent the night watching movies, eating junk food, playing video games, board games, or party games, and, occasionally, they would chat the night away. This time, Dylan decided that he wanted a Pass-It-On Horror Story. He had no idea what he had gotten himself into when he invited Nathan to play.

"…And the little Jimmy walked into the haunted woods, totally unprepared for what happened next aaaaaaannnnnd…" Tyler handed the empty soda bottle, which they were using to mark whose turn it was to tell the story, to Nathan.

"…the moment he stepped into the forest, Jimmy knew something was wrong," Nathan said in a hushed whisper. He was in his element; his eyes seemed to glimmer even in the dim glow of the lamp (the only source of light in the room) and his thin, trademark smile creeped along his face. Almost immediately the mood of the light-humored party shifted.

"He felt someone following him," the brunette continued, "trudging along with erratic, heavy steps, but he was too scared to turn and see who, or what, it was. Everything seemed to look the same — he thought he was going in circles. Did the creature shadowing him know this? Finally Jimmy could not take it anymore. He snatched a stick from the ground and whirled around to face his stalker — FLASH!" The entire group jumped. Dylan clutched onto Zexion's arm so hard that he winced. Tyler, who was holding a pizza, had stopped eating it. Devon's eyes were wide open. Blake swallowed nervously. Chance, despite himself, inched closer to Alex.

"It had only been there when the lightening flashed — just in that short instant — but Jimmy was certain…" Nathan paused, "…there had been something there.”

“Up above, the lightning exploded again and Jimmy saw the creature appear once more in the moment the forest was filled with sharp, blue light. It was a huge, monstrous creature with a dog's body and a grotesque man's head… and it was closer.*”

"FLASH! The creature was there again, but this time it was only twenty feet from him."

"Ow, Dylan, you're hurting my arm…" Zexion murmured. He didn't reply.

"FLASH! Now it was only ten feet," Nathan went on. "Jimmy knew he couldn't outrun the thing. It was too fast! Faster than he could imagine! Faster than he could blink! All he could do was stand there, frozen, as he waited for the terror to meet him.”

"FLASH! Five feet separated them and—"

"Eyaaaaaah!" Dylan screamed and bolted from the room. "Don’t let it get meeee!" The remaining teens stared at each other, stunned, for several minutes. Then, Zexion got to his feet.

"I'll go after him," he said.

Nathan glanced around the room, frowning. "That's a shame," he said. "I was just about to hand the bottle to him. Whose turn is it now?"

+

Despite his cat's ways, Nathan loved her. The brunette talked to her on occasion and Ghidorah sat and listened attentively, often meowing back. Ghidorah had free reign over the house, but she was well-behaved aside from her rash possessiveness over Nathan. The black cat didn't scratch the furniture, meow at the wee hours of the morning or raid any foodstuffs. Ghidorah was slowly warming up to Blake, but she still growled when he kissed Nathan. Though, at least Blake managed to get away with that much without incident. Then the eighteen-year-old made the mistake of thinking he could instigate a make-out session with Nathan with Ghidorah still in the room. Like a raging, evil furball straight from the fires of Hell, the cat launched itself at Blake and sunk her claws deep into his thigh. Blake spent about ten minutes screaming in pure, humiliating, bloody agony until Nathan managed to pry Ghidorah from the older teen's leg and kick her out of his room.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm so very sorry, Blake," Nathan apologized quickly, his head down and shoulders hunched over like some sort of wounded puppy. He was tending to Blake's thigh, which bore six shallow gashes just inches below where the thigh met the hip. Once the cat was out of the way, the brunet had been quick to make Blake comfortable, even laying a very soft comforter on the floor piled with pillows and an extra blanket for him. His pants had been removed for better access to the injured area, which had now been bandaged up nicely and had an ice pack sitting on it to ensure optimum recovery.

"It's okay, Nathan. Really, I'm pretty sure I'll live." Blake grinned sheepishly. He has suffered far worse injuries at the hands of his father during their martial arts sessions.

He rubbed his arm nervously. Nathan was examining his bare thigh a bit too closely for his comfort. Not that it wasn't welcomed, but he knew that the situation would become very awkward if he didn't watch himself. He turned away and thought of unsexy things.

'Kittens gashed upon the road, Santa Claus being beaten, mailmen,' Blake went through his list, 'bananas in blenders, Nathan's hands feel so nice, no wait—!"

"Blake, are you alright? Your face is red."

"O-oh no, i-it's nothing. It's just… well…"

Nathan tilted his head to the side, genuinely confused.

"Uh, nevermind," Blake said, sighing heavily.

"Are you trying to prompt something sexual due to the fact that you are in my room without pants?" The mortician's son asked.

It didn't seem so bad the way the mortician's son said it. Regardless, they had both gotten very red as they realized the potentiality of the situation. Nathan felt lightweight, but edgy, somehow; as if he and Blake were perched over some cliff face, ready to tumble into something new, scary and fantastic. They knew they both had the potential to fall into that radical sensation, but really… they only needed one of them to have the courage lean forward first.

"I suppose it would be logical," Nathan continued, his cheeks flushing even darker. It was his objective way of tipping them. "Dad's away to deliver a body to Wonderland and he won't be in until tomorrow evening. Ghidorah's out too…"

Blake almost turned away in complete shock. He never thought that Nathan would be the one to offer first. He knew that it would be incredibly irresponsible for him to instigate sex. They were both young, and did Nathan even know what he was asking — No wait, yes. Yes, the mortician's son did know. Nathan wasn't naïve; socially awkward at times yes, but definitely not naïve. He wasn't like those teenagers who threw themselves into adult situations thinking that a half-assed attitude and overconfidence would make everything alright. He knew what sex was, that it could mean more than just an action, just as Blake did.

Testing, the older teen grasped Nathan 's waist with both hands and coasted him gently onto his lap, careful to let him rest his weight on his non-injured leg. Blake placed his hands on Nathan's thighs. The brunette's face flushed a slightly darker shade of red, but this was nothing he hadn't done. Then, swallowing thickly, Blake cupped Nathan's groin, something he had never done before. The mortician's son involuntarily gasped and gripped Blake's shoulders, almost crumpling under the new zing of electric-like feelings. The eighteen-year-old almost lost himself at the sight of Nathan's expression. Utilizing every iota of his self control, the older teen paused. Even if the brunette had been the one who suggested starting first, Blake wanted to make sure that Nathan was comfortable enough to continue. The mortician's son looked frightened and his face had turned so red Blake was concerned Nathan was about to have a massive nose bleed, but there was certainly confidence in the brunette's face, and trust and love.

At last, the dam of restraint broke and — injured leg be damned — Blake all but threw himself at Nathan; latching his mouth onto his.

+

"Nathan?"

"Yes, Blake?" The brunette rolled over to look at him, the white blanket clinging around his slim waist sensually. Blake almost forgot that he should look up to address his boyfriend.

"Your Dad… he isn't going to… kill me… is he?" he asked, feeling the hairs on his arms stand on end nervously.

Nathan hummed. "I'll talk to him," he said as he snuggled close to Blake. "Though, you probably should avoid him for the next few days. It's also best if you stay home and avoid sharp objects and firearms. And you should keep the windows shut tight and check your bed sheets before you sleep in them. Oh, and don't stick your head out open windows. You might want to spray Raid in your room and check your shoes for spiders, too. And stay away from cats. And dogs. And birds. Actually, just stay away from all animals in general. Moreover, don't climb into hollow objects you can fit into and think twice about things you dismiss as hallucinations."

+

"Hey Blake!" Manson greeted.

He was startled. He hadn't seen the ebony-haired man since finals week. Though he harbored no more suspicions about Manson since Nathan had explained the nature of the twenty-three-year-old's initial visit, Blake was still surprised to see him here.

"Hi Manson," Blake replied. "Um, is Nathan around?"

"Yeah, he's upstairs. So! I heard you guys had sex. Good on you, dude!" Manson clapped a hand the other's shoulder. "Didn't think you had it in you! Oh! Right! Just a little piece of advice from one man to another." The ebony-haired man yanked Blake's ear close to his mouth. "If you dare hurt Nathan I swear I will rip your testicles off and strangle you with your spermatic cord," he whispered menacingly.

Manson pulled away from Blake and patted his back. "Got it?" He beamed. "Great!"

The ebony-haired man jogged up the stairs. "Nathan! Blake's here!" He announced.

+

"Good afternoon, Blake! Good afternoon, Nathan!" Sakura greeted cheerfully. She went up to Nathan and gave him a hug. "I've missed you!"

Blake rolled his eyes at his mother's strange need to dote on his boyfriend. "Haha-ue, you saw him last week."

"Oh, but I never get to see Nathan as often as you do!" She giggled and pulled away from him. "Ne, Nathan! I've bought some oreo-cream pie today. When Blake's finished up, why don't you have some?"

Blake looked confused. "Finished up with what, Haha—Oh." The eighteen-year-old's eyes widened with realization. "Right. I almost forgot."

Blake turned to Nathan. "Wait here a bit," he said, tentatively going for his door. He tapped the knob once and backed off, figuring it wasn't rigged he placed his hand on it, opened it slowly and closed it behind him.

There was a wide range of random sounds that ensued afterwards once the door shut. Schwee! Spunk! Shwoop! Thunk! Thunk-thunk-thunk-thunk-thunk! Blake could be heard cursing lowly.

"Is it always like this?" Nathan asked Sakura with a little concern.

"Oh, everyday. Sometimes it's worse," she replied. "I used to worry after Souda brought out the knives and swords and things, but Blake's become so skilled now."

Da-dump. Da-da-da-da-da! Snap! There was a sound of an alligator's jaws snapping closed. Snap-snap-snap! Whump! He cursed again. Ka-cha! Thunk! Da-doom!

Silence.

Blake opened the door, slightly out of breath, his right sleeve cut, clothes in disarray, and hair messy. "Sorry 'bout that," he panted, running a hand through his hair in an attempt to get it back in order. "Um, you can come in now, Nathan."

+

Blake opened the door one night to find Luke standing there. His first impulse was to shut the door, race up to his room, assume the fetal position and weep, but he realized a moment later that would not only be humiliating, but also useless.

"G-good evening, Luke," Blake said.

"Evening, Blake," the mortician answered. "Are your parents home?"

He shook his head with a hint of dread. He was all alone in his house. There were no witnesses to see the dark deed Luke was going to do.

"May I come in?" The mortician asked.

"Of course." Blake stood aside to let him in and quickly drew up a mental list of people he should thank for making his life meaningful.

"Well, I assume you know that this is about you and Nathan and the recent…" he paused for a moment, "step you've taken in your relationship." He strode into the Yorushi home leisurely, his hands behind his waist. He didn't say anything for a while. What was he thinking? Was he planning on making this ordeal as long as possible? To watch Blake squirm in terrifying anticipation until he finally struck?

Blake couldn't take it anymore. "Yes, we had sex!" He blurted out in a panic. "It's true and there's nothing you can do to stop us because we love each other and we're young and I just love Nathan so much you'll have to kill me to make me stop!"

Luke tilted his head to one side curiously. "I was just going to extend my best regards for you two and hope that you would continue to exercise protection and cautionary measures," he said. "But thank you for your input, Blake . That's nice to know."

+

One lazy afternoon, Nathan and Blake decided to eat lunch at a nearby diner they liked to frequent. They had just come from a Jazz Band concert that featured a saxophonist Nathan idolized. Blake had gone to the restroom and had come out precisely when he heard two gothic-looking teenagers, who appeared about eighteen and were sitting at the barstools, talking about Nathan.

"Hey, check out that kid over there," one of them, a pale adolescent with short black hair, said as he nudged his friend. "He's pretty cute."

The short blonde teen nodded nodded, which made his nose piercing gleam in the sunlight."Yeah, I'd totally fuck him," he added.

Blake felt his shoulders irk in aggravation.

"Mm-hm," the nose-studded one narrowed his eyes appreciatively.

"Maybe we should both go over there and talk to hi—"

There was a loud, definite BANG! And the short-haired teen fell out of his seat.

"What the hell!" he shouted, glaring up at Blake as his blonde friend angrily got to his feet.

"Sorry," Black said, though his tone was evidence to the contrary. "My foot slipped."

The raven-haired teenager's hand dove into his pocket for his switchblade. He paused when he saw that the metal stool he had been sitting on now bore a gigantic dent. So gigantic, in fact, that it was warped into a near ninety degree angle.

The black-haired teen raised his fearful eyes to Blake. "N-n-no prob," he stammered.

Blake smiled and strolled over to his booth to pick up his boyfriend.

"Hey, Blake," Nathan spoke up as they left the restaurant.

"Mm-hm?" The eighteen-year-old answered.

"That was really cool."

Blake grinned and held the brunette closer.

+

                                                                        July

Once in a while, Nathan would come over and show Blake several recipes. The new tradition had started one boring afternoon in the Yorushi house and Nathan proved to a great teacher. Though Nathan's cooking naturally tended to look gruesome, Blake wasn't bothered in the least because it still tasted amazing. But the older teen never knew that cooking could be so sexy until the afternoon Nathan taught him how to make brownies from scratch.

"So how long do we leave them there?" Blake asked, peeking through his oven's window.

"About twenty minutes," Nathan responded. The brunette swirled his finger in the silver mixing bowl they had used. "I like to leave them in there until I can smell them from the next room. Then I turn the oven off."

Nathan lifted his finger from the bowel, which was covered in brownie mix. His pink tongue poked out between his soft lips and tentatively licked his finger, totally unaware of the suggestive motion. "Mmm," the brunette moaned, happily shutting his eyes.

Blake, who had been in the process of removing a spatula from the washing machine to clean the mixing bowl, quickly abandoned the task.

The mortician's son's tongue gave his finger another long, painfully provocative lick. Blake felt his mouth turn suddenly dry. Despite himself, his mind shamelessly turned over some very, very naughty ideas in his head. Nathan noticed his boyfriend staring at him. Gods, did Nathan know what he was doing to him?

"Blake, do you want some?" he asked. The brunette leisurely lapped at his finger again from the base to the tip, his eyes on Blake the entire time. In a completely uncharacteristically sensual — but not totally unwelcomed — manner, Nathan smiled.

That had certainly been deliberate. His eyes bulged as he felt his pants suddenly grow inexplicably tight.

"Blake," Souda peered into the kitchen, shattering the sexual atmosphere in an instant. "Please refrain from having sex in the kitchen or its surrounding areas. We eat there."

Nathan whirled around, suddenly becoming occupied with a spot on the counter. Blake nervously rubbed his arm. "Yes, Chichi-ue."

+

"You know what, Nathan?" The taller male spoke up one day as they sat in the brunette's room. Blake happened to be flipping through a book on symbolic dreams.

"Yes, Blake?" Nathan responded.

"I've been having these… weird dreams lately."

"Weird dreams?" The mortician's son repeated.

"Yeah, of this cat… this black cat, watching me."

Nathan casted a glance to Ghidorah and Blake shook his head.

"No, I don't mean Ghidorah," the black-haired teen. "I mean this weird-looking cat. I think it's a doll, with an off-white chest and it stands on its hind legs."

The brunette gave him a long glance. "On its hind legs, you say?"

"Yeah."

"And you said it was a doll?"

"Yeah. But it…" Blake paused, struggling to remember. "It moves, but only when I'm not looking. And when I grab it, I wake up."

One edge of Nathan's mouth tugged downward, just a little bit. "Hm. Interesting, Blake," he said. "Perhaps you should consult my dream symbology book — is something wrong?" The brunette asked suddenly as Blake's head snapped to the window.

"U-uh, it's nothing!" He said quickly just as Nathan was about to turn to see for himself. "I think I was just seeing things."

+

Nathan tapped his foot impatiently as he waited for the other line to pick up.

"Hello?" a relaxed woman's voice answered.

"Good morning, Great-Aunt Lilo," the brunette greeted.

"Ah! Nathan! How's my favorite nephew doing today? And how many times must I tell you to just please call me 'Aunt Lilo?' It makes me feel less old."

"Of course Aunt Lilo," Nathan corrected. "I'm doing fine today. I also know that you've sent your John Carlos to follow Blake and I respectfully request that you stop."

A pause, then a thoughtful hum. "Oh, alright. I'll stop, Nathan. I was only curious about him. I apologize if I have offended you."

"Apology accepted, Aunt Lilo, but were the memory wipes really necessary?"

"Oh, that's a built-in defense mechanism the dolls have when they're touched. I apologize for that as well."

"You're very fortunate Blake thought his memory lapses were dreams."

"I meant no harm."

"I know you didn't, Aunt Lilo," Nathan sighed. "Also, please tell Grandmother, Grandfather, Great-Great-Uncle Vincent, Great-Uncle Mario, Aunt Rebel, Aunt Faun, and Aunt Mary to stop keeping tabs on Blake too."

"My goodness, I didn't realize they were watching."

"Yes, they are. Thank the Gods they only just started and their interventions haven't been very intrusive."

Lilo couldn't help but notice that her great-nephew sounded a bit too relieved.

"I'm aware all of you have my best interests at heart," the brunette continued, "but honestly, if I didn't know better, I'd be insulted."

"Insulted? How so?"

"I don't understand why my entire family has to react so dramatically to my first intimate relationship. Blake is a very good person. I love him very much and I trust him completely. For goodness sake, it's as if you all think that for some strange reason my romantic life is destined to end in disaster. It's very discouraging. I highly doubt Blake's family is giving me this much scrutiny."

At the sound of three crisp knocks, the brunette turned his head to the door.

"You'll have to excuse me, Aunt Lilo," Nathan said. "There's someone at the door. Please give everyone my best regards. Goodbye."

+

It was late afternoon when Souda summoned Blake to his study. After dodging several flying axes, kicking away the rabid Doberman and leaping over the venomous snake pit fortified with sharpened bamboo, Blake stepped purposefully into the room. He set his eyes on the pale woman standing next to his father. Though she looked young — probably in her early thirties — Blake knew she was very old. She had long, black hair and wore a silky, light blue dress. Her matching heels served to accentuate her tall figure, making her seem like she towered over whoever she was close to, even Souda. The teen knew that with what he saw outside Nathan's window, his grandmother wouldn't be too far behind. Blake bowed first before speaking.

"Sobo-ue*," Blake addressed. "I am very happy to see you. I also noticed that you sent one of your small, mobile cameras to observe my boyfriend today."

Heaven set her violet eyes on her grandson and gave a small smile. "My dear Blake," she began in a soft, silky voice, "you've decided to deprive me of some very cute great-grandchildren. I simply wanted to see your reason for myself."

Blake slowly released the nervous breath he didn't realize he'd been holding. She had spoken with neither abhorrence nor hatred, just curiosity. Even though Blake loved her, he always kept a small pocket of fear reserved for his grandmother. She was civil and moved gracefully because it suited her purpose. She never needed to raise her voice because everyone knew that out of the entire Yorushi family, she was the deadliest and most powerful. So when Heaven Yorushi had something to say, everyone listened.

"Of course, Souda has given me a small account of your relationship," she placed a delicate hand on the man's shoulder. "I know you're capable of deciding your partner for yourself, but can you blame your grandmother for being a little concerned?" She went up to Blake and placed her hand against the side of his face, a warm gesture that calmed him down exponentially.

"May I speak freely, Sobo-ue?" Blake requested. Heaven gave a dainty nod and the eighteen-year-old continued. "Nathan makes me happy. I love him with all my heart."

Heaven said nothing for a few seconds, which made Blake very nervous.

"All right, darling," she said. "If you're certain that he's the one for you. However, I will say that I did do a background check on Nathan Lukewood and I personally had a chat with him. He is…"

He held his breath again. His stomach had dissolved into a mass of squirming butterflies in the tense silence.

"…interesting," she concluded. "I like him." Heaven turned to Blake's father. "I'm afraid I must leave, Souda. I've pressing matters to attend to. Thank you for allowing me intrude upon your busy schedule."

"Not at all, Haha-ue," Souda said, smiling in return. He took her hand and kissed it.

Heaven gave one last glance to Blake before heading out of the room. "Good-bye, Blake. I look forward to seeing you again."

He bowed as she left.

+

"So Nathan you… met my grandmother yesterday," Blake began slowly as Nathan invited him into his home the next day.

"Yes, she is a very intriguing woman," the brunette said.

A relieved grin spread across the eighteen-year-old's face. "That's good. Uh, what exactly did you say to her?" he asked, undoubtedly curious of the conversation between his high-classed grandmother and his macabre boyfriend.

"She told me who she was and asked me a couple things about you, how were things with us collectively, how serious I was about you. I said I liked you as much as Ghidorah likes to dismember her mouse toys. She smiled and said that she found me very pleasant. I replied that I liked her as well and that I was also fond of her shoes."

"Her… shoes?" Blake looked perplexed.

"Yes, did you notice?" Nathan looked to him. "They were the kind with the extendable blade hidden in the heel. She seemed very pleased when I noticed it. She's a very dangerous woman, isn't she?"

"You've no idea…"

An ecstatic, dark, slim smile curved on Nathan's lips. "I like your family, Blake."

Blake found himself smiling back. For one brief moment, he thought of the future, and fancied what his and Nathan's wedding would be like and what sort of havoc and mayhem would occur when their psychotic, crazy families gathered in one room.

+

"I refuse," Nathan said, folding his arms stubbornly over his bare chest.

"Come on, Nathan!" Blake persisted.

"Absolutely not!"

"Just this once. I'll never ask you to do it again."

"No!"

"I think you'll look cute in it."

"I don't care!"

"Please, for me?"

"No! Not even if you promise to do that thing I like you to do!"

"What if I do that other thing you like me to do? You know. With my tongue."

"I don't care if you have the heavenly techniques of a sex god! I am not wearing a dress!"

+

"You're going to teach Nathan how to drive," Blake said flatly, eyeing Manson warily.

"Yeah!" the ebony-haired man said, grasping Nathan's shoulder and shaking him playfully.

They were sitting in Blake's kitchen, eating through a bag of chips. Nathan and Manson sat on one side, while Blake sat opposite.

"You," he repeated, pointing at the twenty-three-year-old. "You're going to teach him."

"Uh, yeah, I just said that, didn't I?"

"Do you even have a car?" Blake asked skeptically.

"Of course I have a car!" Manson said, insulted. "It's a beautiful, awesome, amazing car with no dents in it! Except for this one little kink I used to have in the front fender. But I fixed it now. And it wasn't my fault! That pole totally appeared out of nowhere!"

Blake casted a worried look to Nathan.

+

"So you had your first driving lesson today," Blake said as he picked up Nathan to go to the movies the next evening.

The brunette nodded. The eighteen-year-old couldn't help but notice that Nathan was a tiny bit disheartened.

"How was it?" he pressed, though he was sort of apprehensive about the answer himself.

"I hit a bicyclist five minutes into practice," the mortician's son said dropping his face into his hands in depression. "I'm terrible. I was even going just thirty miles an hour and I still got into an accident. I don't think Manson is going to let me anywhere near his car now. And I don't think Dad'll teach me once he hears about this." He sighed.

"Is the guy okay?" Blake asked.

"What guy?" Nathan lifted his head in confusion.

"The one you hit."

"Oh, him. Yes, he's fine," the brunette said frivolously.

+

Blake's birthday was celebrated with only moderate pomp and circumstance. Neither Blake or Souda were partial to grand parties, though Sakura did overdo the decorations. So much that it was almost impossible to walk through the house without squinting away from the onslaught of bright colors and glitter. Blake's small group of friends was invited to celebrate at the Yorushi house. They each brought a present for him. Sakura cooked up a buffet-sized meal. Everyone ate, talked, and played games until no one could keep their eyes open anymore.

It was small and humble. But it was enough for Blake just because Nathan was there. The brunette presented him with a rare, beautiful katana that even made Souda a little envious. And also, part two of Blake's present took place in bed.

+

Blake went up to the Lukewood house, hardly giving the unfamiliar mercedes parked outside it another glance. He was about to knock on the door when his instincts told him to leap back… and not a moment too soon. The door banged open and Manson dashed out like the devil himself was at his heels.

"No! You can never make me go back!" The twenty-three-year-old shouted. "Never!"

Blake followed him with his gaze, just about to ask who he was talking to when a cream-colored high heel shot out of the house and struck the back of Manson's head with a resounding crack. Manson fell face-down into the cement and was still.

A tall, blonde woman with glasses, a cream-colored suit, and noticeably only one matching high-heel stalked out of the Lukewood residence with a scowl on her face. She caught sight of Blake —who flinched at her intimidating gaze — out of the corner of her eye and the anger in her face dissipated in an instant.

"Oh, you must be Blake, Manson's brother's boyfriend," she said, sweeping a stray lock of hair from her eyes. She grasped his hand and shook it cordially as she introduced herself. "Quinn Trepe, Manson and I are flatmates and co-workers. Nice to meet you. If you'll excuse me, I've got to get this idiot back to Badlands." She jerked her thumb in Manson's direction.

Moments later, Nathan emerged from the house, looking rather worried. Quinn turned to him.

"It's been nice meeting you, Nathan, Blake," she said. "But I'm afraid we have to go now or our boss'll have our heads." Quinn slipped on her missing heel and went up to Manson's limp body. The ebony-haired man came around long enough to get his bearings and barely start another escape attempt when Quinn's shoe stamped down on his lower back and pinned him in place.

"You're not getting away that easily, Manson!" she snarled, slipping back into her vicious demeanor. Quinn turned to Nathan and Blake. "I'll send someone to fetch his car later."

She yanked up the twenty-three-year-old's upper half by his collar and dragged him to the mercedes. Manson gave a pitiful glance to Blake and Nathan before he was thrown unceremoniously into Quinn's car.

It was the first time Blake ever truly felt sorry for the man.

+

The July evenings were perfect for stargazing. The air was warm and the nights were cloudless Nathan often came over to accompany Blake on the roof and they would spend hours looking up at the stars as they held hands.

"Nathan?" Blake asked one night.

"Yes?"

"What are you planning to be?" The nineteen-year-old realized that he never questioned his boyfriend on what he was going to do with his life.

Nathan stretched a bit before answering. "A mortician," he said simply. "I can go to a college and get a degree in funeral service if I want to, but I can start working once I pass the board exams. Though, it's not like Dad hasn't let me help him before." The brunette turned to him. "And you're going to be an astronomer, right, Blake?"

Blake nodded. "Yup," he said, raising a finger to the stars. "My head will be up there… for the next nine years," he added grimly as he thought of the copious amounts of studying and papers ahead of him.

"Don't get too lost in the stars." Nathan meant to tease him, but he found himself feeling a little sad to say those words.

"I won't," Blake promised. He looked to Nathan. "No matter how many fantastic galaxies or stars or nebulas I'll look at, I'll always return to you." He rolled over onto his side to face the brunette completely and kissed him.

The mortician's son smiled. "That's good," he said. "I'll be waiting here. All you have to do is remember to come to Twilight Town, and you'll find me."

+

In his dark, westward-facing room, Nathan held something in his hands.

"Yes, I've given you his hair," he whispered to it. "You know his name already."

The little thing nodded and its stitched mouth murmured something back. It was only because Nathan's ears were accustomed to the quiet noises of the supernatural that he understood it.

The mortician's son bobbed his head. "I have it here." He pulled out a small bone and placed it to the thing's lips. Instantly, it gobbled up the little bone and gave a soft, satisfied sigh of relief. Its lips moved once more.

Nathan nodded, raised a small athame and nicked his index finger. It eagerly latched onto the wound and sucked three drops worth of blood. It muttered something again.

"Yes, you have to protect him. If you ensure his safety, this body will be yours to keep," Nathan stroked its small chin. "So, do we have a deal?"

+

The days were passing by slowly towards Blake's inevitable launch to college life. Blake and Nathan spent as much time as they could together. However, as the fateful day approached, the brunette was becoming more and more anxious, but Blake did not hear a peep of a complaint.

Nathan came by early to help him pack for the long flight to Neverland, despite the fact Blake insisted that it wasn't necessary. But the brunette was at his doorstep at seven o'clock sharp, ready to lend any assistance. Although he told Blake he was fine, the slump of Nathan's shoulders and his unusually impassive face told his boyfriends otherwise. They didn't really speak to each other aside from some superficial comments.

"Nathan," Blake spoke up as the brunette was taping up some boxes labeled "clothes."

Nathan looked up. "Yes?"

The nineteen-year-old moved next to him, brushing his thumb along the brunette's hand to make him look up to him.

"I'm scared, too," Blake said.

Nathan's eyes watered and he bit his lips. "I promised myself I wouldn't complain when this day came…" He rested his forehead on his boyfriend's clavicle. Blake wrapped his arms around him.

"I won't mind if you complain," he said.

"But I do…" Nathan persisted. "It's supposed to be a happy day for you. I don't want to… ruin it."

He held him tighter. "I love you," he said.

Nathan clutched his shirt tightly. "I love you too."

They loaded the cargo into the car and together Blake's family and Nathan headed to the airport. Unfortunately, they could only go with Blake so far as the security checkpoints. After a half-awkward moment of silence, Souda extended a meaningful handshake to his son, Sakura nearly crushed Blake with a loving bear hug, and finally Nathan stepped up to deliver his good-bye.

Swallowing an uncomfortable lump in his throat, the brunette pulled out a doll of Blake the size of his palm. It was a well-done replication with painted eyes, black hair, and dressed in the his favorite clothes: a plain yellow shirt, baggy jeans and even a pair of shoes. The head was rather large, which contributed a bit of cuteness, and the hands were adorable stubs that bore no fingers for simplicity's sake. The nineteen-year-old loved it.

"Nathan, this looks amazing!" Blake said in wonder. For one split-second, the older teen could have sworn that the little doll waved to him. Just for one instant. But that couldn't be…

"The hair is yours," the mortician's son spoke up, effectively ending Blake's train of thought.

"What?" His turned to him.

"Do you remember? That day I took some of your hair?"

It took a moment for Blake to recall. Ah yes, last year. At the museum.

"I made this from it," Nathan went on. "I... hope you'll accept it, I worked very hard on it." The brunette cradled the doll in his palms.

"Of course I accept it," the nineteen-year-old said, carefully taking the little Blake replica from the brunette's hand.

"It'll keep you safe," Nathan added.

"I'll treasure it," he assured him.

The brunette smiled, placed his arms around Blake's neck and kissed him. "Promise you'll come back to me, Blake." Nathan whispered to him.

The nineteen-year-old kissed him back. "I promise."

Slowly, reluctantly, Blake unwound his arms and released him. Blake picked up his backpack, his only carry-on, and went through the security check. Once he passed through the metal detector, and retrieved his baggage, he waved once more to his family and boyfriend. Nathan realized at that point that this would truly be the last time he would see Blake for months, at the very least. His heart leaped to his throat and he had a one last ridiculous urge to call out to him, to shout for him to come back. Instead, Nathan sucked in his breath sharply to quell the feeling and he waved to him in return with his best smile. Blake grinned back and then disappeared into the crowd to find his terminal.

T H E  E N D

+

* "Yes, she's good. I can tell," Pirated from the movie Lilo and Stitch.

* It was a huge, monstrous creature with a dog's body and a grotesque man's head and it was closer. Does anyone know this story? About a monstrous dog with a man's head that comes closer to you when the lightening strikes? (The original story takes place in a house, though, not in the woods.) I heard it once a long time ago and it really freaked me out a bit and now I want to revisit that story. But the only two things I remember is the dog-man thing that approaches you in the lightning in a haunted house and this one line "Hark! In the stillness I hear—" from a poem found in the house.

+

All right, you lot, technically this story's finished, but I've got a few extra chapters waiting for you!
WHAT A LONG JOURNEY IT HAS BEEN. I read the comments from last chapter and Ihad this already so think of this as a late Christmas present and apology for being on hiatus for a year. The ending was not as epic as it was ment to, but it's so hard to say goodbye.
Thank you guys so much fro everything! Remember that I track "The Mortician's Son" on tumblr so anything you guys want to share on this will be welcomed there.

Adeus for now,

MacabreObsession.

I.XIX.MMXV

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.1K 380 27
Blake had a lot of secrets. He wanted them to stay hidden, but slowly Reece and George found them out. *I'm sorry I'm shit at descriptions* πŸ˜‚πŸ˜… als...
103K 3.7K 37
What if "the one that got away" was now someone you had to see every single day? That is what life has become for 22 year old Blake Gemmell, who just...
33.4K 1.8K 11
[BXB] Blake Collins moves in next door and Luca Mendoza's world turns upside down. β˜†β˜†β˜† When popular football player Blake Collins moves in next door...
1.9K 68 14
Two identical twins so alike outside, but so different from the inside... Blake the older twin is your typical fuckboy that loves to be around girls...