Lose It

By gabriellawrites_

"If I could have left right after my brothers passed, I would. The time I spent away from you was worse than... More

π–Όπ–Ίπ—Œπ—
π—‰π—…π–Ίπ—’π—…π—‚π—Œπ—
𝖾𝗉𝗂𝗀𝗋𝖺𝗉𝗁
π—‰π—‹π—ˆπ—…π—ˆπ—€π—Žπ–Ύ
PART ONE
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XX
PART TWO
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX

XIX

3K 126 15
By gabriellawrites_

"Auntie Bex?" Hope gasped, stepping through her bedroom doorframe to hug her aunt. "I didn't know you were coming!"

"I haven't seen my favorite niece in too long," Rebekah smiled, pulling away from the hug while looking down at the tribid. "You look so much older in person than you do over the phone!"

Jokingly rolling her eyes, Hope turned her head to look at the human. "Nina! I'm sorry, I didn't even notice."

"No worries, if I were in your position I'd be gleefully hugging Rebekah as well." Nina joked, giving the teen girl a side hug while grinning at her wife; who was rolling her eyes this time.

"Do you guys wanna come in? I don't really have any place for you to sit besides my bed but-"

"Actually, we were hoping we could take you out! Alaric," The blonde spoke, clearing her throat after Nina nudged her side. "I mean, Dr. Saltzman, said it was alright if we spent a bit of time outside school grounds."

"Oh! Yeah, I'd love that. Let me just change really quick and I'll meet you out front."

The dark haired woman smiled and nodded, taking the vampires hand and leading her away from the room and through the halls.

"She seems off, doesn't she?"

Nina sighed, "I will admit, she seems a bit jumpy. Maybe it's because her mothers anniversary is soon?"

At that remark, Rebekah slightly tensed, to which Nina squeezed her hand reassuringly. Unlike Stefan, Rebekah hadn't failed to leave Hayley Marshall out of her stories. She once described her as the glue that brought her family back together. If it weren't for giving birth to Hope, she wasn't sure if Klaus would've been redeemable. Although she had Freya, Rebekah saw Hayley as her sister. A Mikaelson. From Nina's understanding, the hybrid died a hero and despite never meeting her, she could definitely admire that about her.

The two stood by the entrance for only a few more minutes until Hope came to join them.

"So, where are we going?"

"Well, we heard about this place that serves amazing milkshakes. I even heard there's a cute waiter there." Nina smirked, raising an eyebrow to the tribrid.

✵ ✵ ✵

"I am not looking forward to my classes but this made me feel a lot better, thank you guys." Hope said, softly smiling to the two women.

The three of them had spent a couple hours hanging out and talking about everything. While Nina was a bit scared of Hope not opening up because she was there, it turned out to be quite the opposite. The teen was glad to take advice and love from the couple. Like Nina had thought before, Hope was feeling down because of Hayley's death anniversary that was soon. Although Hope had told them she was in better spirits after their afternoon together, both women knew she was still a bit sad; and the human couldn't blame her. Nina could never imagine losing her mother now, never mind being a teenager and experiencing the loss of both parents.

Just as Rebekah opened her mouth to reply, a loud gasp came from behind them. Turning around, there stood two girls. A brunette and a blonde.

"Oh. My. Gosh. You're Rebekah Mikaelson, right? You're an original!" The blonde exclaimed, her eyes widened as the girl next to her tried to remain neutral, but Nina could see her sneaking a glance at Hope.

"In the flesh." Rebekah grinned, clearly loving the attention of being known amongst the supernatural community. "And who might you be?"

"Lizzie Saltzman! I totally read about you in my Uncle Stefans diaries. Plus, my mom has mentioned a few things."

"And who's your mother?"

"Caroline Forbes."

"Bloody hell." The blonde vampire whispered under her breath, Nina knowing full well that Rebekah wasn't much of a fan of her.

Saving her wife from the conversation, the human stuck her hand forward. "I'm Nina, Rebekah's wife."

The brunette was the first to shake her hand, seeing as Lizzie simply stared at it. "I'm Josie, Lizzie's sister. Twin sister."

"Nice to meet you, Josie." Nina softly smiled, getting a good aura from the girl. Although she was definitely not a witch, or anything supernatural for that matter, she could still sometimes pick up certain vibes from people. Rebekah thought she was lying at first, but Nina insisted it was just a sixth sense.

"So you two are married? That's so cool. You're both really pretty so I mean I get why-"

"Stop rambling, Jo. It's embarrassing." Lizzie harshly whispered, cutting her sister off before turning her attention back to the original vampire. "While you're here, you have to teach a class! I think all of us would much rather listen to stories of your life than some boring lesson."

"I would but I'm not too sure how Alaric would feel about that."

"He's our dad, we can just ask and he'll have to say yes!" The blonde teen spoke, the gears in her head turning. "Come on, I'll take you to one of the classrooms so you can start setting up."

As Lizzie turned to walk away, Rebekah turned to face her wife, a confused look plastered on her face. With two thumbs up and what Nina hoped was a reassuring smile, the vampire sighed and followed the teen.

"I'm going back to my room. I'll see you later?" Hope announced, not giving the human a chance to reply before turning on her heel and walking down the oposite direction.

"What the hell do I do now?" Nina whispered to herself, her eyes widening as a soft laugh was heard next to her. "Oh! I assumed you were going with Lizzie."

"I'm not that interested in hearing Lizzie fan girl over Rebekah. I'm sure she's great, but I was looking forward to relaxing a bit before classes start."

Nodding her head, the dark haired woman looked around a bit before asking, "Do you guys have an armory of some sorts here? I'm curious to know what sorts of weapons this school has."

"We do! I can bring you, if you'd like."

With a smile, Josie led the two of them through the school to an armory. As they walked in, Nina's eyes lit up seeing all the weapons hung on the walls and placed on tables. One thing in particular caught the humans attention. The woman walked over and picked up a bow from the wall, along with an arrow that was placed in a quiver on the floor.

"This is perhaps the best bow and arrow I've ever held in my entire life."

"You can do archery?"

"Do archery? Josie, I'm practically the best archer to ever grace this planet." Nina joked, which resulted in a small laugh from the witch.

On the walk to the armory, Josie had begun rambling about a bunch of things. One thing in particular was her siphoning powers. Although Nina wasn't too informed about the supernatural world, she listened as the girl had told her all about her and her twins powers.

"I've always wanted to try, but I never ended up taking any classes. I usually just followed Lizzie around wherever she went."

Feeling a bit of sorrow for the young girl, Nina's mouth moved faster than she could take time to think. "I could teach you, if you'd like. While I'm here for a few days, I could train you whenever you're free."

"Really?" Josie smiled, her eyes lighting up as Nina's once did as she walked in the room. "I would really like that, thank you!"

After a beat, the siphoner continued talking, "Do you mind showing me some stuff now? I don't think I have enough time to actually practice myself, but I'd love to see what you can do."

"Of course, do you know if there are any targets?"

"Truthfully, I have no clue." Josie sighed, eyes darting around the room before they settled on something on the wall. "There! Just hit that poster. Not sure why there's a poster, but aim for that."

Nodding in response, Nina set herself up. She took a deep breath, steadying her heart rate before pulling back and letting the arrow fly through the air, landing in the center of the paper poster that was hung on the wall. Not thinking that showed how good her talent truly was, Nina picked up one more arrow from the quiver. Repeating the same process, the arrow landed directly in the center, splitting the arrow that was previously there.

"Holy shit." Josie whispered, her cheeks reddening after realizing what she said before replacing her embarrassment with a smile. "I wanna do that! Will I be able to do that?"

"You can do whatever you set your mind to, Josie. If you truly want to do this, I will make sure you are the best archer this supernatural world has ever seen."

A bell was heard throughout the school, signaling to what Nina assumed meant classes were starting.

"Shoot, I have to go! I'm free tomorrow night, if you're alright with that?" Josie quickly spoke, grabbing her backpack from the floor and slinging it over her shoulders. After Nina replied with nod and smile, Josie rushed out of the armory.

The human put back the bow and arrows, taking the ripped paper off the wall and crumpling it in a ball before walking outside and throwing it in the first bin she found. Not knowing where else to go, the woman headed back to the room her and Rebekah were staying in. The whole way, all Nina could think about was how exciting it was to train someone else. Although they hadn't even begun training and she was simply showing Josie one thing she could do, the woman felt some sort of happiness out of it. Rebekah hadn't shown much interest in archery, seeing as she could protect herself fine, so Nina had no one to talk to about it.

Whether the blonde liked it or not, Rebekah had a legacy. She was known as one of the first vampires, an original. If she died, thousands; perhaps millions, would know and maybe even mourn her. When Nina dies, no one except her family and the few friends she has would care too much. Nina didn't want to die without leaving some sort of legacy. Before, she thought with much hard work she could somehow become one of the best forensic scientists and that would be her legacy.

After today, Nina realized there's more to this world than becoming the best in her field or only being known to some as Rebekah's wife. She wanted to truly make a difference and help people and while she loved her job, archery was something she loved as well. Maybe even more.

"I'm being stupid." The human sighed, closing the bedroom door behind her before plopping down face first on the bed. "I'm teaching one girl and I suddenly think I'm gonna change the world."

I lied...... part three coming soon xx

I couldn't resist adding more chapters of Nina and Rebekah at the school!!!

Before you think of how Nina randomly knows how to do archery, you'll see next chapter ;)

If you guys like the crossovers with other characters, please let me know! I was thinking of doing one with Kol and Davina in the future

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.5K 184 21
Would you love to be friends with the mikaelsons? Well this story follows Aiden on his reunion with the Original Family, the Mikaelsons. Along the w...
37.6K 1.2K 33
Two princesses living their own lives, miles away from each other. The older daughter is being taken away from her own family even before she could...
409K 12.1K 29
Ingrid Erikson was a very important person to the Mikaelson family. She was an honorary member of sorts, being there for all of them even when their...
22.8K 502 39
*Sequel to The Secret Mikaelson* {COMPLETED} It's been three years since the battle with Marcel where the Mikaelson family was defeated. Three year s...