Clashing Blades (Levi X OC)

By Devilish_red

OC, named Ireen, is another childhood friend of Eren, just a year older (or so what they thought). Living in... More

『 C H A P T E R 1 : NIGHTMARE 』
『 C H A P T E R 2 : PROMISE 』
『 C H A P T E R 3 : BEGINNING 』
『 C H A P T E R 4 : TEST 』
『 C H A P T E R 5 : TRUST』
『 C H A P T E R 6 : MIRACLE 』
『C H A P T E R 7 : MEMORIES 』
『C H A P T E R 8 : ANSWER 』
『 C H A P T E R 9 : SACRIFICE 』
『 C H A P T E R 10 : REQUEST 』
『 C H A P T E R 11 : TRIAL 』
『 C H A P T E R 12 : TRYING 』
『 C H A P T E R 13 : WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE 』
『 C H A P T E R 14 : BETTING ON YOU 』
『 C H A P T E R 15: POTATO 』
『 C H A P T E R 16 : BAD DAY 』
『 C H A P T E R 17 : IT WASN'T MY INTENTION 』
『 C H A P T E R 19 : THEIR SECRETS 』
『 C H A P T E R 20 : HORSES 』
『 C H A P T E R 21 : 2 WEEKS BEFORE AN EXPEDITION 』
『 C H A P T E R 22 : A PROMISE』

『 C H A P T E R 18 : ARMIN ARLET 』

329 12 0
By Devilish_red

Blonde, blue eyes and cute smile... A boy that one day will see everything..

- - -

Year 841/ Ireen's age: 7; Armin's age: 6
When the two met for the first time...

"Here you go, Missy", few coins dropped and dinged onto Ireen's opened palm. She brought the hand to her face, vaguely counting on the amount before glaring up.

"They are less than what they supposed to be."

"No, they are what they are." The old man that involved with the trade scoffed, looking down.

"It was supposed to be 10 coins. You only give me 8. Pay up.." Ireen wasn't backing off as she demanded of what she's right for.

"Listen, miss, your veggies are not that sought after here. That is the only amount I can pay. Now move along I'm busy..." Again, the old man spoke and turned to tend the coming customers.

Irritated, Ireen clenched the coins tightly, and about to retaliate when a smaller brunette came forward. She snatched few handful of the veggies and stuffed them back to their basket ignoring the stall owner's shout.

"Brat, what are you doing?!!"

"Taking what are ours.. If you not gonna pay more then we will give based on what you pay." She nonchalantly replied.

"Wait, hold on! I'll p--"

"Let's go, Ireen-nee. We are done here." Swiftly the brunette took Ireen's hand and moved away from the stall.

The old man couldn't chase after them as customers started to call for his service to pack and give then the veggies, and as quick as light and small as a mouse the two disappeared between the busy streets.

"Sena, what was that for?" Ireen pulled back her hand, halting their steps.

"What? He clearly doesn't want to pay more we should just go."

"That's not how business works. We can still talk to him."

"What's the point, Ireen-nee? Why wasting time on people like him?"

"Because we need the money, Sena! That is our potential seller if he lose interest in our veggies you might as well learn to spell doom now."

"You are just too lenient with those stingy bastard."

"Sena, language!" Ireen scolded. "And on the matter of that topic, it isn't being lenient, it is being adaptable to put up with their nonsensical whims."

"Tch, whatever."

Ireen sighed upon seeing her sister rolling her eyes on her.

"Now what should we do with this?" Ireen brought the basket upon her face to inspect the remaining. Wasn't that much, so it doesn't really feel like a waste.

"We can try sell it personally.." Sena suggested.

"Forget about it. The town is practically filled with merchants and sellers that the villagers have known well. Kids like us starting to sell won't be seen much."

Ireen shrugged. "I'll take it to Jaeger's family. That'll be more worthy."

"Why?" Sena cocked an eyebrow questioning her sister.

"I don't know. But Eren's mom always give us something in return so I don't think it's bad. We perhaps can have something different today. Do you want to come along?"

"Not interested." She turned her down immediately.

"Why not Sena? Won't you make friend with Eren?"

"No.."

"You don't have any friend, you could have make one with Eren. What's wrong with that?"

"It seems like you really are not listening to mom."

"What do you mean?"

"Think it yourself. I'm going back."

"Sena...." Ireen tried to grab her sister's hand but it slipped out of her grip as she watched her retreating form. Ireen huffed in disappointment, blowing the fringe on her forehead away as she sighed.

"What does she means by that?" She mumbled to herself.

Shaking her own thoughts away and think that there'll be no use to force her sister to come along, Ireen turned away eventually and went to different road to Eren's house.

She walked quietly humming to herself, all the while trying to think back on what her sister had just said.

- - -

Sena didn't exactly went back home as what she said. Instead she went to one of the bookstores at the East of Shiganshina market center looking for a book.

Upon entering the old building that smelt like polished pine wood and peppermint leaf freshener, she was greeted by an old lady that sat behind the counter, smiling toothless to her.

"Good morning, child. Looking for a book?" The old lady caressed the back of her palm as she spoke. Her eyes barely open but seems like she could still see through the small openings.

"Yes, madam. That's why I'm here." Sena nodded respectfully.

"Any specific kinda book you are looking for? Maybe I can help." The shaken voice of the old lady told how weak she is and there's no way she could be of any help. Especially after seeing how trembling she was just by putting her palms on the counter and pushed herself to stand on her feet, that Sena immediately rushed to stop her.

"It's okay, madam. I can look for myself.." She reassured.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes."

"Well then okay. I'll be here waiting if you need help." The old lady sat back, feeling great to finally able to sit again, all the while still smiling to the brunette.

Even if I need help I can't possibly ask for yours...

Sena watched the old lady for few more seconds before walking away to rows of stacking books on shelves. She read the listed genre pasted on each of the shelves, and walked pass them when it wasn't what she's looking for. Her eyes diligently scanned around catching each of the words making sure she wasn't skipping on any shelves that could potentially lead to her answer.

That, until she reached the history and education section, where she thinks most likely to have the answer to her questions.

Unhesitatingly, Sena climbed the shelves to reach the most highest row and started searching through each of the books. Most of the books have the tittles printed on the bones of the book so she just went through it quickly. If she finish the row and yet to find her book she will climb down a row lower and continue searching on the second row.

The process keeps repeating until she could find the book she wanted for.

- - -

It was just a coincidence when Ireen stumbled into a small blonde kid with coconut hair style being kicked in the stomach. She could see the obvious blood trickled from the cut on his cheek, before her stares redirected to the three bullies ahead. Looked like they were 3 to 4 years older than the blonde boy.

Ireen was totally disgusted by their behaviour.

Took notice of her presence that stood there watching them, one of the bullies with combed upwards hairstyle sneered, ushered her to move along and ignore them. Meanwhile the other two were laughing and tearing packets of food after snatching them from the boy's hands, and ate them without an ounce of guilt. 

"Give them back! Please!"

Sobs echoed silently from the blonde boy.

"Sure, you want it? Here you go."

One of them spatted out the half chewed food from his mouth, laughing rudely at the crying blonde.

Ireen took few steps forward, notifying them her presence is not to be ignored.

"What are you guys doing?" She breathed out lowly. Her head hung low and her fringes covered one eye.

"Huh? What do you want little girl? Just go back home..."

"Yeah.. Go back and learn to cook, bitch."

The two bullies sneered. The other one smirked and laughed harder, almost snorted like a pig.

Ireen blatantly ignored their calls and threats as she continued walking. When she got too close one of them grabbed her by the shoulder, shouting "oii!!" but in a flinch Ireen snatched the wrist and twisted his hand forcing him to turn forcefully with his back  facing her now. He screamed due to the pain and as Ireen pressed harder the twisted arm against his back his cries became louder. 

She then kicked his back hardly sending him kissing the dirty ground.

The other two bullies snapped from their paralyzing shock but two kicks made immediate contact to their stomach in a blink of eyes sending them to the ground too.

Ireen dropped her kicking feet calmly before turning to face the crouching bullied boy, offering her hand to help him to stand.

The boy eyed her in fright, hesitated to accept her hand.

Seeing that, Ireen reached out to his own wrist and pulled him up immediately. The boy squeaked despite Ireen calmly rubbed soothing circular motion on his wrist with her thumb.

"Are you oke--"

"You damn bitch!!" A loud scream boomed interrupting Ireen's word as she turned. The three bullies were back to their feet and Ireen took a step backwards protecting the boy.

"You bitch, do you want to fight that badly?"

"I'm gonna kill her."

"Let's do this."

"S-stop, please d-don't hurt her..." The blonde boy squeaked. He tried to leave Ireen's protecting arm but got stopped. A basket was then pushed to his chest as Ireen looked at him.

"Hold this. I'll handle this. Don't butt in." She ordered.

"B-but they will -"

Ireen ignored as she turned away. She pushed her sleeves up to her elbows before bringing her fists up in defense pose.

"Fight me if you want then." She challenged.

"Heh, you think I won't hurt a girl? You gonna regret this!!!" The shortest of the group lunged forward with a fist balled tightly.

He threw a punch to her face but Ireen blocked with her own arm pushing his punched arm away before striking her own fist.

"Guffawaah!!" The boy cried when the fist made contact to his face. His nose got bloodied but Ireen wasn't done there as she throw another two punches to the stomach before striking his jaw.

The last attack however, didn't reach him as another person had sneaked and held her from behind. He was the tallest among the group. He hooked his arms under her armpits and pulled her up. Struggling, Ireen trashed around as her feet no longer touching the ground. The other person took the opportunity to punch her back, throwing her face sideways.

Angered, she spatted the blood from her busted lips to the bully in front. Her hands snaked to the neck of the tallest guy and locked her palms by the back of his neck before she headbutted his face with her head. She then pulled her arms, raising her body slightly before lifting a foot and kicked upwards at the jaw of the one that punched her.

She dropped down when the tallest guy released her and immediately she swept his feet. When the guy lay flat on the ground Ireen stomped few times on his chest and stomach, beating him furiously.

Ireen didn't stop there.

She swiftly turned to face the guy that punched her earlier, and took menacing steps forward while he slowly backed away to his other friend. She chased them, grabbing one of them by the wrist before throwing him over her shoulder. She twisted the hand so now it pressed to his back eliciting cries and beg.

"Please... You will break it... Forgive me, please..."

"I thought you said you want to kill me? What happened to it?!!"

"No I'm sorry.. I was joking, please.. Pleas-- arrggghh you're breaking you're breaking it!!!" His scream turned agony as Ireen twisted harder, creating a small crack sound from the force she put.

Her hair messily cascaded down her cheeks and forehead.

"If you promise you are not gonna touch that boy again, then I'll let you go."

"I promise! I promise! Please, it hurts."

Ireen finally released the grip as she deemed it satisfy enough. She removed herself from his back and walked away. She eyed the other guy that currently having difficulties to breath and on knees, while the other one...was already long gone.

The cried bully slowly getting up bringing his soar arm to his chest, looking over at the girl in wary. To return his gaze Ireen presented her murderous glint, causing him to hitch and scramble on his feet before bringin along the tallest friend of his that still crouching in pain.

Ireen watched the two disappeared immediately by taking a turn into another ally and out of her sight.

Huffing, she brought a palm to scratch her head before fixing back her long hair to be less messy. Then she turned, facing the blonde boy that still withered away from her scary gaze and steps.

She could see the obvious fear and worry etched on his face.

Ireen frowned at that.

"Are you okay?" She asked.

The boy didn't respond. He was shaking.

Sighing, Ireen extended her hand forward and the boy, flinched as he watched the hand getting nearer. He closed his eyes, but the next thing he knows, the basket that was in his grasp was taken away and back to the owner's hand.

He opened his eyes again, slowly, when he felt nothing is hurting him, and he was greeted with Ireen's soft glowing eyes, that fixed at his kindly.

"Are you okay?" She repeated the question again, with slightly lower tone, after taking a step backwards and seconds of silence.

"Y-yes.. Thank you for helping me." He stuttered.

"Hmmm... What's your name?"

"Armin... Arlert. Yours?"

"Ireen."

"Just Ireen?"

"Just Ireen."

Armin watched as Ireen fished out something from her pants pocket. Before he could ask or say anything Ireen had slapped, gently, the item onto his cheek. Then she rubbed it up and down few times before going through the rest of his face.

"Done." She withdrew her hand along with the item, revealing it to be a handkerchief that now dirtied with the dirt and blood from Armin's face.

"Y-you don't have to do that...." Armin whined feeling guilty for not only being rescued, but also stained her own handkerchief with his blood. Not to mention that the girl received a punch to the face and she only wiped the blood from her busted lips with her sleeve.

"Are you hurt anywhere else?" Ireen ignored his whine as she stuffed back the fabric to her pocket.

"What?"

"I said are you hurt anywhere else? Did they broke your legs or arms? Can you walk properly?? Or are you feeling dizzy and can't really pull yourself together?" One by one of questions were thrown in a single breathe. Ireen put a hand on her waist while the other swinging lightly the basket.

"N-no.. I'm fine. Thank you." Armin gazed down, adverting his eyes.

"Well then I'll be on my way. Be careful." Ireen spoke after knowing that nothing gonna happens next.

She continued forward heading to her original destination, but after few steps away from the blonde she stopped, and looked over her shoulder at the still trembling boy.

"Were those your food that they took and ate earlier?"

"Y-yes.."

"Did you just bought them?"

"Yes.."

"Do you have anymore money?"

"N-no.. I don't." Upon mentioning it Armin looked down at the leftover ruined food. Sadness overflowed in his eyes. There's nothing he can do now. Even the remaining food were dirtied from being trampled onto the ground.

He can't save whatever left there.

Ireen glanced at the vegetables in her basket, before looking at the boy again and turned to him. She walked closer, cautious with her steps as to not startle him, and handed the basket right to his face.

"Take this then..." She offered.

"W-what?! I can't!! That is yours! It's for you and your family, right?? I shouldn't -"

"It's fine. This is the remaining of those that I should sell. I was thinking to give it to my friend but you can have it. You need it more."

"Then that's more reason for me-"

"Just shut up and take it." Ireen took his wrist and forcefully handed the basket to his tiny palm. "Like I said, he's not the one that gonna go hungry with nothing to eat today. But you will. So take it and go back home to your family. Tell them a friend give it to you."

"A f-friend?" Armin let out a high pitch voice unintentionally, raising an eyebrow from the girl that still staring.

"What? You don't like it? Then just say a stranger who kicked your bullies' asses gave it." Ireen crossed her arms in front of her chest, frowning.

"N-no.. I like it... I mean, to be your friend." He sighed in relief.

A small smile curled as he gazed longingly at the veggies. "You are the second to be my friend. Thank you.."

Armin closed his eyes as he flashed a large smile, forcing Ireen to squint her eyes because she was blinded by his.

"Who's the first?" She asked when the boy no longer flashing her.

"Hmm? Ohhh a boy around my age too. His name is Eren Jaeger." He still kept the smile.

Ireen blinked few times, letting the silence engulfed them while staring straight at his face.

Then our of curiosity, she asked.

"Did he trailed you for weeks to let you submit to his ever request of being friend?"

"No...?"

"Did he threatened you to be his friend?"

"No...?"

"So you just accept his offer on the first time meeting him?"

"Yes...??"

At every answer Armin's voice turned into a question because he was pondering over the reasons of such questions. He cocked his head sideways, wondering what bothering the girl.

Ireen snapped from her deep thought as she nodded few times. She dropped a hand on his shoulder.

"Alright, see ya, Armin. Nice meeting you. If the bullies come again don't hesitate to tell me. I'll kick their asses again and again, okay?" She patted him.

Before Armin could answer, she pulled back her hand and walked away. She waved her hand as a sign of goodbye, and disappeared from his sight after taking a turn.

Despite her figure was no longer there, Armin still waiting there patiently, just in case she suddenly return to take the veggies back.

But she didn't.

Armin exhaled a sigh of relief knowing that at least today and few more days coming his family have something to eat. He was very grateful at Ireen's help.

- - -

Sena exited the bookstore feeling dissatisfied with her findings.

She couldn't find the book at all. She had went to all available bookstores in the town, yet she still couldn't find it. It was frustrating.

She suspected the government must be behind this hiding and erased the existence of such information from the public. If that's true then it will be no use for her even if she go to the inner town of Wall Maria and continue her search in the available bookstores there. But maybe she could try her luck by going to the public library there. Probably the book is somewhere there and the government missed it, so she could still find the answer to her questions.

Sena gritted her teeth in annoyance when she thinks about it. 

Those dogs hiding such important information from everyone. What a corrupted leaders they are...

Sena knew she has to do something.

The secret of her family and bloodline could be there. That could explain the forbidden rule that her parents insisted on keeping quiet.

Before Ireen do the opposite and caused their entire family to bear the consequences, she has to make the first step. 

[Clashing Blades.] © Devilish_red

• Please leave your vote, comment and follow. Thank you so much! •

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6K 152 31
"Everyone changes." This year you moved to Paradis. It was your year to start over. Once you've got settled into Paradis University with your roommat...
532K 17.6K 27
She's lived outside the walls all her life. When the humans ventured outside Wall Maria, she protected them, and watched over them to the best of her...
33.6K 1.1K 20
"It's cold, I just came from the underground." The boy then walks up to me as my head faces down he caressed my face.He spreads his arms and wraps th...
58.8K 1.4K 84
* this story is a wlw story and will tackle heavy subjects The only person that filled the void after having lost your mother was your girlfriend th...