mental | lwt

By adidaspunk

❝ you taught me how to love others when i couldn't love myself. ❞ More

Chapter 1: First Day
Chapter 2: Strange Behavior
Chapter 3: Complicated
Chapter 5: Meeting the Family
Chapter 6: Spaghetti, Meatballs, and Lies
Chapter 7: Confessions and Tough Talk
Chapter 8: Pizza, Discoveries, and Break-downs
Chapter 9: Soccer and Secrets
Chapter 10: Papers, Principals, and Panicking
Chapter 11: Disappointment, Boys, and Karaoke
Chapter 12: Thoughts, Changes, and Accusations
Chapter 13: Isn't Trouble Lovely
Chapter 14: Fails, Attempts, and Bonds
Chapter 15: The Right One
Chapter 16: Step One
Chapter 17: Would He Say He's In L-O-V-E?
Chapter 18: Catching Feelings
Chapter 19: I Know What I Saw
Chapter 20: Talk About Awkward
Chapter 21: Classified
Chapter 22: Just the Way You Are
Chapter 23: I Can't Let You Go
Chapter 24: Accidental Regrets
Chapter 25: I'll Fix This
Chapter 26: Set Up & Stood Up
Chapter 27: Perfect As Always
Chapter 28: Realization
Chapter 29: Apology Accepted
Chapter 30: Smile and Show Your Inner Child
Chapter 31: Only Us Two
Chapter 32: Couldn't Be Better
Chapter 33: Time of My Life
Chapter 34: Just A Game
Chapter 35: Face Reality
Chapter 36: Not as Bad
Chapter 37: Grinning Like an Idiot
Chapter 38: I Came Back
Chapter 39: Performances and Big News
~Epilogue~

Chapter 4: New Friends

5.7K 126 27
By adidaspunk

A/N: CHAPTER FOURRRRRRRRRR! SORRY I'M HYPER FOR NO APPARENT REASON HAHAHAHAHA SDJFHSJDFHSDLJFHSDJFHSDJAFHSJDFHSDJAKFA. Anyways, remember to comment, vote, and fan me! I'd really appreciate it! Also, if you have a twitter, tweet me and follow me! I'm @ReeseLovesHarry on there, so, yeah. Well, it was nice talking to you lovely people in the supposed-to-be brief author's note, but whatever. YOLO. LWWY. PEACE. I LOVE AND APPRECIATE ALL YOU PEOPLE SO MUCH. <3.

- Reese Stylinson xxxx

_________________________________

Louis

                     I hope Emma wouldn't mind that I was going to be absent from school today, and the reason is that I have to go to therapy today. I know it is only a few hours, but Mum doesn't want me to be pressured with anything. Tomorrow when I go back to school I'm just going to have to lie and tell Emma that I wasn't feeling well.

                  "Louis, get in the car, honey," I heard Mum shout from outside, and I combed my fingers through my hair. "It's time for therapy."

                "I'm coming," I called back, ripping the door open and following closely behind Mum. I closed the car door behind me, taking a deep breath as I strapped myself in the car.

              "Don't be nervous, okay?" Mum mumbled to me from where she was sitting in the car. "I know it's your first time coming to therapy since the move, but I want to make sure you're okay. Just relax, and tell the therapist whatever you need to say."

            "I know," I sighed, biting down on my lip. I felt tears stinging my eyes once again, and Mum must've noticed. She looked back at me.

          "You'll be fine."

 ______________________

 Emma

                 I haven't seen Louis at all this morning, and it's starting to worry me. I mean, I know people are absent from school every once in a while, but with how awkward he'd been acting before, I don't know what to believe.

               I tugged on a strand of my hair, looking down at the floor. I approached my locker, twisting the knob and entering my combination. I sighed, realizing that Louis wouldn't be running towards me like he usually would. Seeing his navy blue eyes and his warm smile just made my heart skip a beat, and it always brought a smile to my face.

              But, I knew I wouldn't see that today.

             I bowed my head, walking down the hallway with my bag swung over my shoulder. I bit my lip, not bothering to look up at my classmates and their voices. My head shot up when I heard someone laugh, and I noticed it was a blonde boy with blue eyes. He was holding hands with this girl I've never seen before, and she was smiling widely at him.

          Without thinking, I walked up to them welcomingly. I was a bit nervous, but I finally managed to get some words out.

           "Excuse me, guys. I'm Emma," I began, and they stopped walking to hear what I had to say. "My best friend isn't here today, and I'm a little lonely. Do you mind if I hang out with you today?"

          "Sure, we wouldn't mind," the girl flashed a smile at me, looking dreamily at her boyfriend. He waved to me, too, a small smile curving onto his lips.

         "I'm Niall, and this is my girlfriend, Nina," Niall explained, and I nodded. "We've been dating for a year now."

       "That's wonderful," I congratulated them, and I saw a faint blush appear on Nina's cheeks. She nestled her head into Niall's neck out of embarrassment, and I only chuckled at the sight.

      "Thanks. Do you have a boyfriend?" Nina asked me, and I felt my cheeks heating up.

     "N-No," I answered, looking to the floor.

    "Do you like anyone?" She pestered, and I shrugged.

   "I'm not sure, I.. I don't think so," I informed her, and Nina pursed her lips.

         I heard the bell ring, and I saw Niall quickly peck Nina on the lips and pull her into a hug before going to their separate classes. I turned to walk away as well, and I noticed Niall was walking in the same direction as I was. I stopped walking and turned to face him.

          "You have English first period?" I asked him, and he nodded.

         "Yeah. Want to walk together?" Niall wanted to know, stuffing his hands down into his pockets. I looked up at him - Nina sure did know how to pick a guy. He was gorgeous, but judging by his casual look, I don't think he knew it.

       "Sure." I finally answered him, and we walked alongside each other to first period. "So, I know Nina is your girlfriend, but who are your other friends?"

      "Well, I'm friends with a few people," he began, his Irish accent thick as he spoke. "I'm pretty close to my pal Liam. He's really smart."

             "Oh, that's cool," I smiled at him. "Monday was my first day here, and I only made one friend. Like I said before, he wasn't here today."

            "What's his name?"

  "Louis Tomlinson," I informed Niall, and I noticed his expression drop. I stopped walking, crinkling my nose and looking up at him.

            "Oh," he murmured, leaving me confused.

           "Why do you seem weirded out by Louis?" I wanted to know, really quite interested. "Does he... bother you?"

            "No...”

           "Then what is it?" I insisted to know, and I noticed Niall avoiding my gaze. I noticed him sigh, and he looked back up at me.

          "He's... well, nobody really understands him," Nialler answered, and I cocked an eyebrow at him in confusion.

         "What do you mean nobody understands him?"

         Niall shifted his weight.

         "Well, he's just different from everyone else," he began, clearing his throat before continuing, "he gets really happy and then really sad right away. Normally, people have an emotion for a reason. He's just... odd. I mean, I try to be nice to him and talk to him, but he runs off crying at almost anything I say."

          I sighed. "Maybe he's just sensitive."

          "No, it's not sensitivity," he argued. "It's something else - I know it is. He's hard to figure out, Emma. I've tried."

         "Then what is it if it's not sensitivity?" I demanded to know, instantly curious. Niall only shrugged his shoulders in response.

        "I don't know," he chewed his lip. "Let's just get to class, okay?"

       "Whatever." I agreed, slightly annoyed.

              I didn't like how he was sort of insulting my best friend. Sure Louis was odd, but there wasn't any reason to keep away from him. In a way, he's just like me and he's really nice. Plus, he's adorable - if that's not weird to say. He has unforgetable eyes, and once you look into them, you know they're his. He has a smile that has the power to warm your heart in an instant. I smiled thinking of him, and I took my seat down at my desk.

              I looked beside me to my empty seat, and I sighed to myself. Deciding that I didn't have any other choice, I turned to pay attention and listen to what the teacher had to say. I blinked slowly, bored out of my mind.

             God, this was going to be a long period.

*

          "Sit with us today, yeah?" Nina asked me, interwining her fingers with Niall's. I looked down at their hands and frowned - I wish I could be that happy.

            I nodded.

          "Yeah, sure." I smirked, tagging along closely behind them to lunch. It's sad that I had to befriend them for one day just because my one and only friend - who I met by running into in the hall - wasn't here today.

        "Where do you want to sit?" Nialler asked, his blue eyes roaming over to Nina's. He brushed his thumb lightly along her cheek, and she flashed him a smile.

       "Doesn't matter," I told them, and Nina dragged Niall towards the table in the middle, and I followed them.

      "Okay, let's go up and get some food. Niall, would you mind saving our spots for us? I already know you like anything on the menu, so I'd be happy to order for you." Nina said, and she leaned over to kiss Niall on the cheek.

       With that, Nina and I darted towards the line in the cafeteria. We both grabbed a tray, piling food on top. Nina grabbed an extra tray for Niall, and once we filled his with lots of food, we headed back to where we were originally sitting.

       On our way back, we noticed a boy sitting next to Niall. He had brown hair, but it was darker than Louis'. The boy also had brown eyes, and he was laughing at something that Nialler had said to him. I awkwardly turned to face Nina, and I stopped walking.

          "Who's that?" I asked her, pointing to the boy next to Niall.

         "Oh, that's Liam," she answered me, and I still remained confused. "He's Nialler's best mate. They've been friends since forever. He's really nice."

        "Can I meet him?"

       "Yeah, sure. Come on," she agreed, dragging me towards the table the two boys were sitting out. Liam's head shot up to look at me, and my eyes instantly met his. I found myself blushing as I looked at him awkwardly.

       "Hi, I'm Emma," I began, licking my lips. "I just met Nina and Niall today. They said I could hang out with them."

      "Oh, I'm Liam," he smiled. "I see you got an extra tray for Nialler, eh? He must be too lazy to get up and get his food for himself."

         I chuckled, and I saw Niall playfully punch him in the arm.

        Luckily, Liam had already gotten his food, so we were free to sit back down. Nina immediately began talking to me, and I looked over at her while eating my food. She took a sip of her water, then set it back down onto her tray.

         "So, Emma," she began. "I don't really have anyfriends besides Liam and my boyfriend, Niall. Would you like to be my friend? It would be nice to have a friend that's a girl for once."

          Niall scoffed. "Hey, I can't help my genetics."

         Nina blushed, leaning in to peck him on the lips. I rolled my eyes, turning over to say something to Liam.

             "Are they always like this?" I whispered.

             He nodded.

           "Unfortunately, yes." He answered, and I giggled.

____________________________________________

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7M 17.4K 3
*Wattys 2018 Winner / Hidden Gems* CREATE YOUR OWN MR. RIGHT Weeks before Valentine's, seventeen-year-old Kate Lapuz goes through her first ever br...
191M 4.5M 100
[COMPLETE][EDITING] Ace Hernandez, the Mafia King, known as the Devil. Sofia Diaz, known as an angel. The two are arranged to be married, forced by...
6.1K 144 30
Hi,my name is Lindsay Tomlinson. Yes,I am one of the worlds biggest boy bands,little sister. Also, I'm Nialls step-sister and Louis is his step-broth...
447K 13.5K 96
Theresa Murphy, singer-songwriter and rising film star, best friends with Conan Gray and Olivia Rodrigo. Charles Leclerc, Formula 1 driver for Ferrar...