Rini Tinder AU (HSMTMTS)

By SpongebobLover123

AU where ricky and nini meet on tinder, don't fall in love, become best friends and then fall in lOoOoOve :))... More

intro
trigger warning// suicidal ricky pt 1
trigger warning// suicidal ricky pt 2
tinder chap 1- the profile
tinder chap 2- ricky's profile
tinder chap 3- texting
tinder chap 4- the date
tinder chap 5- more texting
tinder chap 6- sandcastle thingz
tinder chap 7- meeting the friends
important questions!!
tinder chap 8- operation rini
tinder chap 9- ice skating
tinder chap 10- cecilia
tinder chap 11- realizing
tinder chap 12- first day of school
tinder chap 13- standing up
tinder chap 14- nini's realization
tinder chap 15- cheaters pt 1
tinder chap 16- cheaters pt 2
tinder chap 17- first kiss?
tinder chap 18- consoling
tinder chap 19- i cant think of a title
tinder chap 20- telling dad
tinder chap 21- help
tinder chap 23- news
tinder chap 24- talking
tinder chap 25- another kiss
tinder chap 26- I like you
tinder chap 27- making peace pt 1
tinder chap 28- making peace part 2
tinder chap 29- first date pt 1
tinder chap 30- first date pt 2
tinder chap 31- memories and lyrics
tinder chap 32- operation: girlfriend
tinder chap 33- setting it up
tinder chap 34- be my girlfriend?
tinder chap 35- jealous ricky
tinder chap 36- skateboards and stuff
tinder chap 37- performances
tinder chap 38- homecoming?
tinder chap 39- a night to remember
tinder chap 40- hunter
tinder chap 41- first fight/break up
tinder chap 42- sorry?
tinder chap 43- no means no
tinder chap 44- making up and out
tinder chap 45- snow fight fluff
tinder chap 46- time in pictures
tinder chap 47- a look into the future
au revoir les amis
NEW BOOK!!!!!
HSMTMTS SEASON 2+3 FINALE?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!

tinder chap 22- brownies and cookies

650 14 31
By SpongebobLover123

HI MANGAS ARE FREAKING AMAZING

also this chapter is kind of a filler chapter? and nothing much happens. just some fluff. im kinda in a rush rn cuz its 8.57pm and my dad shuts down my wifi at 10pm ://

also also also, im not american so i use the metric system so uhh jic ur from the us and wondering
100cm=1m (not relevant)
1000m=1km (not relevant)

1000g=1kg
1000ml=1l

uh yeah

Ricky's POV:

Neens and I spent the rest of the day goofing off. I noticed that she kept trying to keep me busy as she probably thought it would take my mind off everything else. She wasn't wrong though.

She asked if I wanted to go to the arcade nearby but I declined because of all the scars on my face. I was scared that we may bump into someone I knew and I'd have to explain everything to them. She understood so instead, we stayed home and played a bunch of board games, among us, twister, etc.

However, our fun was short-lived as as soon as Nini's moms came home, they started freaking out when they saw my face. They immediately rushed me to the hospital when they found out Nini treated me herself. Long story short, the doctor said Nini had done everything correctly and that the scars would take about 4 to 5 days to completely heal (idk imagine ricky has magic blood that allows him to heal faster than normal) 

When we got home, they decided that I should stay home for the next few days so nobody would ask about my scars since I was really insecure about it. I even managed to get them to let Nini stay home too.

I decided to only tell Big Red and Kourtney about my situation so they could bring us any homework and notes from school. I didn't want to tell the rest of the gang since I felt like they would judge me or something. Nini told me they wouldn't but she also said that she didn't want to force me to tell them anything so I chose not to.

Don't get me wrong, I trusted them a lot. But I wasn't that close to them and I don't know.. I just, didn't want to?

Nini and I spent the next few days alone at home, having fun but also concentrating on studies. We made many new memories together though my favourite was when we made cookies together..

"Hey Ricky! Get out of bed!!" Nini squealed delightledly as she pulled the blanket away from me. It was Thursday, about 10 in the morning, and I was sleeping soundly in Nini's guest bedroom. Well that was before she woke me up.

Nini opened the windows to allow some fresh air to enter and I immediately felt a cool breeze coming from it. Birds were chirping cheerfully outside and the sun was shining brightly. I sat up groggily and stretched.

"Why are you so happy today" I groaned. I had like 11 hours of sleep yet I was still so sleepy. UUUGH.

"Secret" She said in a sing-song voice and winked. Holy shit she was so hot when she winked.. STOP IT RICKY. "Just.. get ready and meet me downstairs in a bit"

I nodded and as soon as she left, I fell back on the bed. However, as if on cue, she came back in and shouted at me to wake up.

"GET UP SLEEPYHEAD" She teased.

"Okay okay" I groaned again. I quickly got ready and went downstairs. However, I definetely did not expect to see what I just saw.

There were bags of flour, sugar, eggs and a bunch of other ingredients lying on the kitchen top.

"What's this?" I asked, stepping down from the steps.

"We're gonna be making.. COOKIES AND BROWNIES" Nini did jazz hands. 

"Yeah I don't really know what that was" She said, referring to her jazz hands. She immediately stopped since she was embarrassed causing me to chuckle. 

"You're cute" I laughed. She started blushing really hard which just caused me to laugh harder.

Nini's POV:

HOLY SHIZ HE CALLED ME CUTE. Calm down Nini. Calm down.

I could feel the heat rising to my cheeks and the more I tried to control it, the redder I became.

"Let's start." Ricky said as exuberance started bubbling inside me. 

"Ok. First wash your hands. We'll make the brownies and cookies simultaneously.." I began.

We followed my mom's secret family recipe and started preparing everything.

"Oh yeah.. Neens? I've never really baked before so like, sorry if I mess up?" Ricky confessed before we began. Saying I was shocked would be an understatement.

"YOU'RE 16 YEARS OLD AND HAVE NEVER BAKED BEFORE?! NOT ONCE IN YOUR LIFE??" I shouted. He shook his head, slightly taken back by my outburst.

"I'm sorry. It's just.." I didn't know what to say. Just, how could that be possible? How can someone be 16 and never have touched an oven before. I was shocked. Stunned. Stupefied. Surprised. You get the point. "How? You know what. Never mind. This is your first time baking and I'm gonna make sure you enjoy. Then, you're gonna get obsessed with it. Just like me! And then you'll borrow hundreds of cook books from the library. And you're going to grow up baking at least once every week for the rest of your life!"

This caused him to giggle and once again, I felt my face flush.

"Anyways.. for the brownies.. first, melt 200g of chocolate with 120g of butter in the microwave." I passed him the huge bar of dark chocolate and stick of butter. The chocolate was 1kg and the butter was 200g so Ricky had to split them evenly.

I watched as he used a chopper to try to break the chocolate evenly into 5 pieces and try to cut the butter to get approximately 120 grams but fail miserably.

By the time he was done, the butter had half-melted and there was chocolate shavings everywhere. He looked at me miserably as I shook my head. I couldn't help but smile a little though.

"Ok.. next you need to crack 3 eggs and miz it with a cup of sugar." I demonstrated how to crack an egg to Ricky.

"I know how to crack an egg, Nini" He deadpanned. I put my hands up in surrender as I handed him the other 2 eggs. However, when he tried to crack the first one, he got some shell in it and when he tried to crack the last one, he somehow broke it in such a way that it shot egg white back at him.

"Wow, I've never seen anyone crack eggs so well before" I teased in a sardonic tone which made him stick his tongue out at me. What an adorable dork..

We continued making the rest of the brownie batter before beginning on the cookies. We started making the cookie dough. We used our hands while mixing the flour and he complained a lot at that part but other than that, he didn't mess it up!! (don't kill me Ricky)

"Ok, so I have 2 trays. One for the cookies you made and one for mine. Now, you scoop up small amounts of cookie dough, roll it and flatten it. Then put it on the baking sheet on the tray. Like this." I demonstrated to him. He nodded and immediately started doing the same.

I didn't really pay much attention to him while I was placing the dough on the baking sheet but when I turned to look at him, I was confused.

He had cookie dough all over his hands and somehow had flour on his face. The unbaked cookies on his tray were HUGE and barely had any space between them. There was also cookie dough on the floor..

"How do you mess up so bad??" I asked, genuinely curious. He simply shrugged and I clapped my hands.

"Ok.. The dough on your tray is too close together. Maybe you should space them out or remove some dough from each and make more smaller cookies?" I recommended.

"No. I want the cookies to be huuuge" He said stubbornly. He was so cute.. I raised my hands in defeat before placing the trays of cookie dough and brownie batter in the preheated oven.

"Now what?" He asked.

"Now. Clean up! C'mon. Help me wash the bowls, wipe the counter top and uhhh clean up the mess you made." This made him sigh.

Ricky's POV:

While washing the dishes, when Nini's back was turned against me, I flicked some dirty soapy water at her. She immediately turned towards me and was fuming mad.

"RICHARD BOWEN." She huffed (and she puffed and she blew the house down. sorry i had to). "YOU DID NOT JUST-"

"Oh yeah I did. What you gonna do about it? Huh? Huh?" I taunted her.

I expected her to ignore me but instead, she lunged her hand into the sink full of soapy water and threw some foam at me. I did the same but she knew what I was going to do so she ducked. I ended up throwing soap at the wall opposite me.

Before I could process what happened, she grabbed more foam from the sink and threw it at me. I quickly regained my composure, took a handful of it and slapped her with it gently.

I expected her to look crazy but the foam just made her beautiful hazel eyes pop out more. I just wanted to grab her face and kiss her but had to resist the urge.

After a lot more soap-throwing and laughing, we somehow managed to clean up the entire kitchen. Now the only thing left on the counter was a cooling tray and a pair of mittens.

Just then, we heard the timer go off, signalling that the desserts were done.

I immediately grabbed the mittens and started taking out the treats one by one. First, the brownies, which smelled delicious followed by the cookies Nini made. They were a beautiful golden brown colour and looked so appetising.

However, I still had to take my cookied out. I'm sure they looked, smelt and tasted delicious.

WRONG.

I took out the tray to see that the cookie batter had all clumped up into one huge piece. There were only a few really tiny holes in between. What happened? Where did the cookies go wrong??

"Neeneee! What happened to my cookies??" I pouted.

"I told you to space them out didn't I?" She giggled.

"Yeah"

"And did you listen?"

"No :((" I muttered softly.

After the cookies cooled down a little, I took a bite out of mine. It tasted pretty good. Oh who am I kidding. It tasted horrible. I think I added too much salt. I turned around to see Nini eating her cookies happily. They must have turned out pretty good. I mean after all, she is really talented. I wouldn't be surprised if she's a skilled baker too.

"How'd yours turn out?" She asked when she noticed me staring. Not saying anything, I passed her a small piece of mine. As soon as she popped it in her mouth, her face turned sour.

"MmMm" She tried to act like it was good.

"Give it up Neens. It sucks" I sighed.

"Yeah.. But don't be sad. This was your first time baking! With a little more practise, you can make it better." She tried to encourage me. That was another thing I liked about her. She always tried to lift people's spirits.

I smiled as we both grabbed the brownies and Nini's cookies before collapsing on her sofa and switching on the TV.

"Yo Nini? That was really fun" I smiled happily at her. She smiled back before leaning against me as we started watching some Bizaardvark while eating the treats..

Man I liked this girl..

heyy it's 9.44pm. I have school tomorrow but ITS THE LAST WEEK OF SCHOOL TILL NEXT YEAR WHOOOOO. Idh time to read everything and check it so sorry if there's any grammar/spelling mistakes :((

Published: 18th October 2020

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39.8K 921 46
When a heartbroken Nini is finally ready to hang out with her friends again, she realizes it's going to be a lot harder than what she prepared for. W...
41.5K 669 33
Will do any. Requests always open! Please just comment and ask or PM me! Thanks! I do not own High School Musical: The Musical: The Series. All chara...
25.6K 661 46
After a huge fight, Nini and Ricky break up, and they go their separate ways. But do second chances really exist? Can they go back to what they used...
8.2K 178 13
"But I wanna feel all that love and emotion, be that attached to the person I'm holding. Someday, I'll be falling without caution but for now, I'm on...