Rosabella Black | Daughter of...

By Alexandra_060203

Rosabella Black is going into her fourth year at Hogwarts, along with her three best friends Ron, Hermione an... More

The Blacks
The Interrogation Of Remus Lupin
Back To The Burrow
Weasley's Wizard Wheezes
Bagman and Crouch
The Quiditch World Cup
The Dark Mark
Mayhem At The Ministry
Aboard The Hogwarts Express
The Triwizard Tournament
Mad-Eye Moody
The Unforgivable Curses
Beauxbatons and Durmstrang
The Goblet of Fire
The Four Champions
The Weighing of the Wands
The Hungarian Horntail
The First Task
The House-Elf Liberation Front
The Unexpected Task
The Yule Ball
Rita Skeeter's Scoop
The Second Task
Padfoot Returns
The Madness of Mr Crouch
The Dream
The Third Task
The Parting Of Ways
The Beginning

The Portkey

570 15 6
By Alexandra_060203

Rosabella's Point Of View:
I felt as though I had barely lain down to sleep in Ginny's room when we were shaken awake by Mrs Weasley.

"Come on girls time to go now." She said kindly.

Winter was laying on the floor next to me, she got up, stretched and left the room. Hermione, Ginny and I got ready. We didn't talk, we were too tired. Since my hair naturally looked good, all I had to do was quickly brush it. Hermione was having a harder time. I took her comb from her and started to help her tame it. I put in a high ponytail.

"Thanks, Ro." Hermione said gratefully.

"Ro, can you do that to mine?" Ginny asked.

"Sure." I replied tiredly.

I did the same to Ginny hair and then decided to put mine in a high ponytail.

"Now we match." I said.

Hermione and Ginny let out tired chuckles. We must have been taking longer then we realised because Mrs Weasley came back.

"Oh good at least your dressed. Come on girls you need to hurry if you want to eat breakfast on time." Mrs Weasley said and left again.

We followed Mrs Weasley down to the kitchen and the boys were all there apart from Bill, Charlie, Percy and Lucas.

I was about to ask but Michael knew what I was about to ask.

"They're apparating. So they get a lie in." Michael said as if it was the biggest injustice in the world.

I sat down at the table and muttered "not fair".

"Hasn't anyone told you life isn't fair?" Michael said, smirking at me.

"I believe I've heard it from some where." I said, pretending to be bewildered.

We both laughed tiredly and ate our porridge. Winter came into the house and laid down by my feet. She was most likely out hunting. I scratched Winter in her favourite spot behind her ears.

"Why do we have to be up so early?" Ginny said, rubbing her eyes.

"We've got a bit of a walk." Mr Weasley said.

"Walk? What are we walking to the World Cup?" Harry asked.

"No, no, that's miles away. We only need to walk a short way. It's just that it's very difficult for a large number of wizards to congregate without attracting Muggle attention. We have to be very careful about how we travel at the best of times, and on a huge occasion like the Quiditch World Cup —" Mr Weasley was saying but got cut off by Mrs Weasley.

"George!" Mrs Weasley said sharply.

We all jumped.

"What?" George said in an innocent tone that deceived nobody.

"Remind me to give you acting lessons." I said seriously.

He was about to respond but Mrs Weasley beat him to it.

"What is that in your pocket?" Mrs Weasley demanded.

"Nothing!" George insisted too quickly.

"Don't lie to me!" Mrs Weasley demanded.

Mrs Weasley pointed her wand at George's pocket and said,

"Accio!"

Several small, brightly coloured objects zoomed out of George's pocket, he made a grab for them but missed, and they sped into Mrs Weasley's hand.

"We told you to destroy them! We told you to get rid of the lot! Empty your pockets, go on, both of you!" Mrs Weasley snapped.

It was an unpleasant scene. Fred and George had evidently been trying to smuggle as many toffees out of the house as possible and it was only by using her Summoning Charm did Mrs Weasley get them all. I noticed that Jason and Jacob looked unusually uncomfortable. I raised an eyebrow at them and looked in the direction of their pockets. They were helping to smuggle the toffees. They looked at me apprehensively. I winked at them and looked the other way.

"We spent six months developing those!" Fred shouted at his mother, as she threw the toffees away.

"Oh, a fine way to spend six months! No wonder you didn't get more OWLS!" Mrs Weasley shrieked.

The atmosphere was not very friendly as we made our departure. Mrs Weasley was glowering as she kissed Mr Weasley on the cheek, but Fred and George were glowering way more. They hoisted their rucksacks on their back and left without a word to her. Jason and Jacob said bye to Mrs Weasley and headed after Fred and George.

"Well, have a lovely time and behave yourselves!" She called after the twins, both of them.

Fred and George didn't turn around to look back or answer.

"I'll send Bill, Charlie, Percy and Lucas round about midday." Mrs Weasley said to Mr Weasley.

We then left and started our walk.

Jason's point of view:

"You alright, mate?" I asked Fred and George.

"We spent ages on that stuff. All that work and effort gone because she cant accept that we dont want to work in the Ministry with a boring desk job." Fred said, angrily.

"It's our life! Why can't we decide what we want to do?" George said heatedly.

"Because she's doing her job." Jacob stated simply.

"She's your mother. Of course she'll want you to have a more . . . reliable job." I said.

"A joke shop is a risky move. I believe you guys can make it. But I understand where she's coming from." Jacob said.

"She's just looking out for your future." I said.

"I get that but its frustrating!" Fred said.

"Do you think we always get along with Remus?" I asked Fred, chuckling.

"After what we did the day before we came here?" Jacob said laughing.

"He's definitely gonna get us back big time for that stunt." Jacob and I said in unison.

"Or Lucas for that matter." Jacob added.

"He's stricter then Remus sometimes." I said.

"Can you blame him?" Jacob asked me.

"No. When our mother died and our father went to Azkaban, he was the only one who had the slightest idea what had happened. He had to grow up quicker then any of us. Too quickly. " I said, thoughtfully.

"Sorry." George said remorsefully.

"We're complaining about something so stupid as joke stuff and you dont even remember your mother." Fred said, ashamed.

"Hey, you can complain if you want. We accepted it a long time ago. We hate it, but we accept it. No one can change it. Why dwell on it?" I said, smiling sadly at him.

"Its Ro I really pity when we think about how none of us had our mother." Jacob said.

"That's why we love your mother so much." I said.

"Not only is she extremely kind but she gave Ro a women to talk to and look up to." Jacob said.

"We had Remus but we often worried that Ro was missing something." I said.

"We had our cousins Tonks and Andromeda but still I wondered how Ro feels about it, we don't talk about it much ." Jacob said.

We all looked back and saw Rosabella laughing with Hermione and Ginny. She's always been such a happy and hopeful person. Looks for the humor and good in everything and everyone.

"I never thought about that." Fred said sadly.

"She really is a tough one isn't she?" George said.

We all nodded and decided to move on to happier subjects.

Rosabella's Point Of View:

I was laughing at a joke Ginny said as we left the Burrow.

"So how does everyone get there without Muggles noticing?" Harry asked.

"It's been a massive organisation problem. The trouble is, about a hundred thousand wizards turn up to the World Cup, and of course we just haven't got a magical site big enough to accommodate them all. There are palaces Muggles can't penetrate . . ." Mr Weasley started explaining to Harry, I stopped listening and joined Ron's and Michael's conversation about quiditch.

We trudged down the dark, dank lane towards the village. We then started to climb the big hill were the portkey was. We were all panting and nearly collapsed when we reached the top.

"Alright Ro, Michael?" Jacob panted.

Since Lucas wasn't here they were taking over the role of protective older brothers.

"Couldn't be better." Michael panted, but you could here the sarcasm in his voice.

The only one of us who wasn't out of breath was Winter. She was looking at us with what seemed like an amused look.

"Easier for you Winter. Not all of us have for legs." I said, mock glaring at her.

She let out a wolfish laugh and came over to me and started to lick my face.

"Whew. Well we've made good time – we've got ten minutes. Now, we just need to find the Portkey." Mr Weasley said as he wiped the sweat of his forehead.

We spread out and searched. We had only been looking for a couple of minutes when we heard someone shout.

"Over here, Arthur! Over here, son, we've got it!" Said an unfamiliar voice.

Two tall figures were silhouetted against the starry sky on the other side of the hilltop.

"Amos!" Mr Weasley said, as he smiled and strode over to the man who had shouted.

We followed.

Mr Weasley shook hands with a ruddy-faced wizard with a scrubby brown beard, who was holding a mouldy-looking old boot in his other hand.

"This is Amos Diggory, everyone. Works for the Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures. I think you know his son, Cedric. " Mr Weasley said.

Cedric Diggory was an extremely handsome boy he was about seventeen. He was the captain and Seeker of Hufflepuff house Quiditch team. Hermione and I looked at each other and stifled giggles.

"Hi." Cedric said, politely.

Everyone said 'Hi' back except Fred and George, they merely nodded. They hadn't forgiven Cedric for beating our team last year.

"Long walk, Arthur?" Cedric's father asked.

"Not too bad. We live on the other side of the village there. You?" Mr Weasley said.

"Had to get up at two, didn't we Ced? I tell you, I'll be glad when he's got his Apparition test. Still . . . not complaining . . . Quiditch World Cup, wouldn't miss it for a sackful of Galleons – and the tickets cost about that. Mind you, looks like I got off easy . . ." Amos Diggory said as he peered, good-naturedly around at the four Weasley, us four Blacks, Harry and Hermione.

"All these yours, Arthur?" Amos asked.

"Oh, no, only the red heads. Those black haired boys standing by my twins are Jacob and Jason Black, there's their younger brother Michael and the black haired girl there is their only sister, Rosabella. Their oldest brother Lucas is coming later with my older sons since he can Apparate. They're good friends of the family. That there is Hermione, friend of Ron's and the last one is Harry, another friend —" Mr Weasley said, pointing to all of us.

"Merlin's beard. Harry? Harry Potter?" Amos Diggory said, his eyes widening and instantly going to Harry's forehead.

I narrowed my eyes. Harry was used to the way people reacted to him but I knew he still didn't like it.

"Er—yeah." Harry said.

"Ced's talked about you, of course. Told us all about playing against you last year . . . I said to him, I said — Ced, that'll be something to tell the grandchildren, that will . . . you beat Harry Potter!" Amos Diggory said.

I narrowed my eyes into a glare. My twin brothers mirrored my action and Michael just looked at Amos in disbelief. Cedric looked embarrassed.

"Harry fell off his broom, Dad. I told you . . . it was an accident . . ." Cedric muttered.

"Yes, but you didn't fall off, did you? Alway modest, our Ced, always the gentleman . . . but the best man won, I'm sure Harry'd say the same, wouldn't you, eh? One falls off his broom, one stays on, you don't need to be a genius to tell which one's the better flier!" Amos roared genially, slapping his son on the back.

I was about to respond angrily, but Harry stopped me by stepping on my foot. I looked at him and he gave me a 'please don't' look. I grit my teeth and kept my mouth shut, but I still glared.

"Must be nearly time. Do you know whether we're waiting for any more, Amos?" Mr Weasley said quickly when he saw my angry glare.

"No, the Lovegoods have been there for a week already and the Fawcetts couldn't get tickets. There aren't anymore of us in this area, are there?" Amos said.

"Not that I know of. Yes it's a minute off . . . we'd better get ready . . ." Mr Weasley said.

Mr Weasley then looked at Hermione and Harry.

"You just need to touch the Portkey, that's all, a finger will do." Mr Weasley said to them.

With difficulty we all gathered round to boot. I held onto the boot with one hand and grabbed Winter with the other. I then got an uncomfortable tugging feeling in my navel and my feet left the ground. I tightened my hold on Winter. I felt my feet hit the ground and we all fall to the floor. I looked up. Mr Weasley, Mr Diggory and Cedric were the only ones still standing. Cedric held out a hand and helped me up.

"Thanks." I said breathless.

"Don't mention it." He replied smiling.
He then helped Hermione and Ginny up.

I couldn't help the blush that came to my face. I noticed my brothers looking between me and Cedric suspiciously.        

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

800 17 15
Amelia Potter, a girl who looks likes her mother but has her fathers hair color, is back for her third year at Hogwarts. Sirius Black had escaped Azk...
17.3K 519 35
Voldemort is back. Worst of all Harry has a connection to the Dark Lord. Harry is snapping and yelling at everyone and it seems Rosabella is the only...
15.5K 338 14
10 years ago everything changed. Voldemort was defeated and life soon returned normal, despite the many people that were lost during the war. Rosabel...
856 30 38
Marigold Potter is back for her 2nd year at Hogwarts. She technically a third year, after passing all of her exams, but it still feels weird for her...