Come Rain or Shine

By molkkangmolkkang

Mina pursues a career as vocal teacher and trainer at universities and entertainment agencies, she's a workin... More

Hey there!
A long story short
Burn bridges
Once in a blue moon
Well begun is half done
Breaking the ice
Hang in there
It ain't over till the fat lady sings
On cloud nine
Bite the bullet
Best thing since sliced bread
Break a leg
A piece of cake
Through thick and thin
We see eye to eye
A dime a dozen
Picture is worth 1000 words
Face the music
Add insult to injury
Make hay while the sun shines
Once bitten, twice shy
Easy does it
Get out of hand
Breaking ground
Better late than never
Get something off chest
Sweet nothings
Over the hill
So far so good
There are clouds on the horizon
Fortune favours the bold
It takes two to tango
Weather the storm
Out of the frying pan and into the fire
The elephant in the room
Shape up or ship out
On thin ice
Intermezzo - Q & A Session
Wild goose chase
Throw caution to the wind
It's raining cats and dogs
Get into deep water
Second bite of the cherry
In mint condition
Sticky end
Let the dust settle
Twist someone's arm
Devil's advocate
Every cloud has a silver lining
Sail close to the wind
Crack under pressure
A blessing in disguise
Come rain or shine
Curtain call
Thank you!

Head in the clouds

1.8K 145 29
By molkkangmolkkang

After leaving Mina with her brother, she went home to calm herself down and to pick proper clothes for the funeral as well. She decided to wait for Dahyun and Eunwoo, and they went to the funeral home together. Chaeyoung came by on the first day with Dahyun and Eunwoo. Upon her arrival Jihyo was already looking at her cynically. Chaeyoung, Dahyun, and Eunwoo bowed to the family and paid their last respect by placing the white roses on the chamber. The funeral went on for 3 days. Chan's brother comes home to lead the funeral process, her mother can only cry beside his chamber. Sujin also stays there to calm her grandmother down. Chan's mother is hysterical. Jihyo visited the funeral home for 3 days straight and just stayed there from dusk to dawn. All JYPE artists and staff, all artists outside the company who previously worked with Chan paid their last respect. The funeral place never went quiet for 3 days, people were coming by.

Chaeyoung could only stare blankly at the picture of Bang Chan. They knew each other only for months, but in terms of music and Yuna's album Chaeyoung talked a lot to him, Bang Chan always applauded Chaeyoung for her music and always told her that her music is his and JYPE's taste. Too many times Bang Chan sort of teasingly encouraged her to just move to JYPE, but Chaeyoung passed the offer. She chose to be loyal to Dahyun.

Chaeyoung could only take a deep sigh as well, even when the three of them moved to the dining room, she poured herself a soju and took it while staring blankly at the funeral chambers, sometimes looking at Chan's mom and Sujin. Sujin is only 13 years old, but her father now left her. Left this world, hell Chan is only 40 years old. It's such a loss, the whole Korean music industry is mourning over him. Chan's death made headlines everywhere, the second in command at JYP Entertainment passed away. Park Jinyoung even shed his tears, one of his apprentices now's gone, and we all know that he rarely cried in public.

Chaeyoung left the dining room to grab some air, she felt suffocated somehow. But she met Jihyo in the hallway and of course, Jihyo turned her face on her but Chaeyoung tried to chat with her.

"Jihyo Eonnie, can we talk?"

"No" Jihyo shook her head and kept walking.

Her face is so pale, it's obvious that she had been crying for hours.

"Eonnie, please?" Chaeyoung begs.

Jihyo let out a big sigh and signaled to Chaeyoung that she could talk at the end of that hallway, Chaeyoung followed her direction.

"What do you want?" Jihyo asked bitterly.

"Eonnie, don't be like this, please"

"Chaeyoung, in my eyes, you and Mina are the worst. In my eyes, you both are just the same, you both selfish, you both let the emotion take you, you both didn't think logically. I really hate you both"

"Eonnie, you can hate me, you can hate me forever, that's up to you, but Mina needs you, she needs you the most right now. Please, Eonnie don't hate her, please be there for her, I beg you" Chaeyoung begged while taking Jihyo's left hand in her, she begged her.

Jihyo then threw and let go of her hands.

She smirked, "You be responsible for that Chaeyoung, she's your girlfriend"

Chaeyoung shook her head, "No, I am going to fulfill my promise to you, I won't go near her, I won't ruin her life anymore, please Eonnie stay with her"

Jihyo laughs upon the statement, "Oh why? Chan is dead now, you are now free to have a relationship with her, you guys will finally get the happy ending you both wanted, please be together, please!"

"Jihyo Eonnie......................" Chaeyoung looks at her in disbelief, her statement is too cruel.

"Chaeyoung, this is why I hate you both. We're here at Chan's funeral. 50 meters from here, there's Chan body there. He died. You came here to pay your respect to him and all you can think about is...........her" Jihyo smirks.

"He died, Son Chaeyoung" Jihyo then shed tears, she immediately wiped it.

"So, please I beg you, show some respect. Or just leave. Please" Jihyo said it and then she left Chaeyoung, she wiped her tears again, she went back to Chan's funeral chamber.

Chaeyoung shed tears, she tried to calm herself down.

Jihyo was right, she didn't have the right to be here actually.

Chaeyoung didn't go back to the funeral home, she went outside to the parking car and calm herself there. She took a deep breath, she cried again. Jihyo was right, all she can think is Mina right now. She's badly injured as well. She then started the engine and drove back to the hospital again.

It's almost midnight, at first she just stayed in the waiting room, still calm herself down. Then after an hour, she moved to the VIP floor.

She couldn't come inside, but she could take a peek from the window on the door. Mina's parents are already there. Mina's mom stayed beside the bed, holding her daughter's hand while she fell asleep. Mina's dad lay on the sofa, while her brother fell asleep sitting down. Her parents just took an 11 hours flight from Seattle and directly came to the hospital.

Mina is still on a breathing machine, Chaeyoung assumed that she hasn't woken up yet. It brings tears to her eyes, she hopes that Mina would wake up soon. She prayed a lot in every breath she took that Mina would wake up.

Chaeyoung then stayed outside, she sat just outside Mina's room, leaned and rested her head on the wall. Today has been a lot, she bangs her head too many times, she wanted to stop thinking, but her mind is so full of thoughts, so many bad thoughts. Chaeyoung couldn't imagine when Mina woke up and Chan was long gone.

Chaeyoung woke up to the sound of Mina's door ward being slid, Chaeyoung looked at a young girl entering the ward, and Mina's brother followed her. It's Sujin. Chaeyoung knew from the funeral, Sujin was still in her black hanbok, Sujin ran inside. The door was closed after, Chaeyoung then peeks again, Sujin cried in her grandmother's arms while looking at her mom.

Mina is still unconscious.

The family then all gathered together beside the bed looked at her, Mina's mom and Sujin were crying. Her brother embraces his dad. Mina's family were all there, Chaeyoung then left the ward, dragging her feet towards the elevator.

Mina's parents left Mina for a while to visit the funeral home, it was a really sad scene for everyone. Mina's mom broke into tears looking at the photos of their son-in-law. Now dead. As a parent, they can't help but be selfish toward their daughter. Though Mina's marriage wasn't perfect and the parents know that, how can Mina survive without Chan. Mina married the guys for 13 years, Mina's parents know that Chan helped her overcome some of her problems. Mina survives this world mentally and financially, Thanks to Bang Chan. Mina's parents are truly sad that they lost their son-in-law, though they didn't meet often, still, Chan was the man that Mina chose to marry.

Chan's family understands that Mina's parents couldn't stay long as Mina hasn't regained consciousness. Day 3 after Chan died they prepared to deliver him to his last resting place. The media covered the last scene where the family put his coffin in the ambulance. His burial ceremony is for his family only, the media only covered up until he left the funeral home. Chan's mom, Chan's brother, and his family as well as Sujin went to his last resting place in Gyeonggi-do.

The family held the burial ceremony then buried him there. Chan's mother was still hysterical up until the last time, of course. A mother would never let go of her child like this. Chan was so fine, it was just 1 hour after they parted outside her apartment, and then all of sudden he's gone. It was all too fast for anybody else. That day, the family just spent their time together, they finally spent wisely this time, not Chan being constantly on his phone like he used to. Chan is finally playing with his daughter and now her dad is gone.

Everything went too fast for everybody.

And yet Mina is still unconscious, it's been 3 days as well.

Sujin is staying with her mother, holding her right hand in both hands, looking at her mom, and praying that she would wake up soon. Mina's family never stopped praying for her.

Chaeyoung drags her feet again to Mina's ward, it's been 7 days, she doesn't want to lose hope, she doesn't want to lose her faith, but it's isn't easy to keep that positive thought nowadays. She looks at Mina's ward from afar, she takes a deep breath.

The sound of fast footsteps come from her behind, doctors and nurses are running past her. Chaeyoung sees it, they all come to Mina's ward, Chaeyoung's eyes grow wider, and also run toward the room. Again she stops at the door, looking worriedly from the outside, the doctors and her family roaming around her, Chaeyoung can't see clearly. She can only look at her brother's face, and he somehow smiles and feels relieved. Chaeyoung doesn't know what happened.

The doctor moves his way a bit, Chaeyoung is now able to see Mina's face.

Her eyes are open.

Chaeyoung covers her mouth, she can't believe that Mina is finally waking up. Her tears are running down, finally, Mina is awake. Her heart is beating so fast, Mina is alive. The nurses raise the bed, then help her detached the breathing tube from her mouth, her mom immediately gave her water with the straw. Mina takes it.

Mina nods to her parents and smiles softly to them, Sujin holds her right hand and she squeezed it back, a nod to her. Sujin has been worried the past few days, she couldn't lose her mom too after her dad passed away, she cried too many times, she just lost her father and she can't lose her mom as well. All the family is now smiling.

"Thank you God, really thank you," Chaeyoung said a lot to herself.

It's enough for her, thank God that Mina is alive, it's everything she asked for.

Chaeyoung takes a deep breath and sees her from afar once again, she smiles toward the scene and leaves the room, this time her steps slightly lighter than yesterday. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

87.8K 2.7K 67
I will ALWAYS love u. I will ALWAYS choose u. I will ALWAYS protected u. I will ALWAYS be right there for u. ALWAYS ......... but I'm also always hur...
19K 847 44
"Don't!" Mina quickly interjects and moves her face slightly sideward, away from Chaeyoung's hand. "Stop right there. Everything about you makes me w...
7.9K 350 49
Another Michaeng genderbend story 😌 My second book of a new story about Michaeng🫶🏻 From strangers to lovers, Mina and Chaeyoung are head over heel...
202K 6.9K 30
When the demure transfer student, Son Chaeyoung comes across a senior of hers that makes her absolutely whipped. How long would it take for her to...