The Clashing of Two Worlds

By YeeJuiceMan

Soon after the fall of the Re-Estize kingdom, three lizardmen in the Great Lake discovered something never be... More

Prologue
A Mysterious Anomaly
What Lies Beyond
Post-Festival Discovery
Lurking in the Trees
Interrogation
Welcome to Tempest
Fishy Disappearance
Eye-Openers and Espionage
Preparation
The Leader Wants to Witness
First Unfriendly Encounter
Interrupted Schemes
Demon Lord, Goblins, and Two Heavenly Kings
The Clashing of Tanks
Blood and Darkness
The Eavesdropper
Conflict Termination
The "Trek" Home
Demiurge's Duty II
The "Hero's" Short Journey I
The "Hero's" Short Journey II
An Eyeful to Watch
Inspection
Epilogue
Hiatus notice

Demiurge's Duty I

5K 134 12
By YeeJuiceMan

The portal made an ominous sound as a number of humanoid figures came out of it.

Demiurge was leading the group with Albedo, Shalltear, and their respective escorts followed suit.

After the entire group had fully come back to the Great Lake, Demiurge raised his hand.

"Albedo, Shalltear, Ainz-sama wishes to have a word with you. He demands that you two to meet him back at Nazarick as soon as you return."

Albedo nodded in silence. Shalltear did the same.

Using Shalltear's <<Gate>>, a large portal was erected from nothing. Shalltear entered first, followed by Albedo, and lastly their escorts.

Before they entered, Shalltear turned around to ask Demiurge something.

"By the way, Demiurge, why aren't you coming back with us? I assume Ainz-sama would want to meet you too ~arinsu."

Demiurge chuckled lightly. "Oh, Shalltear. I have received permission from Ainz--sama to probe around the portal a bit before reporting him about the incidents that ensued earlier. For now, he just wishes to see you two."

Shalltear stood there.

"I've got no objections then."

Demiurge observed the portal curiously soon after Shalltear and Albedo's group had left.

He cracked a smile.

"Got anything yet?"

A mysterious voice was heard behind the voice.

"Yes, Demiurge-sama. Observations show that the human that entered this domain seemed to be using Tier-1 magic of unknown motives."

"Were you able to trace down this human?"

"Yes."

Demiurge's ears perked up.

"Well, where is the location?"

"It seems to have led in the direction of the nation known as the Slane Theocracy, Demiurge-sama."

"Ho?"

Demiurge stood there in a pondering position.

The Slane Theocracy, huh? Why would they be here? Some sort of espionage mission, I presume?

He decided to bring the topic back towards Ainz when the time comes.

"Very well. Continue observing."

"Yes, Demiurge-sama."

A tiny rustling noise could be heard soon after the ominous speaker finished their sentence.

Demiurge looked back at the portal.

"This would be very interesting to report."

***

Ainz was sitting in his office desk looking through documents.

Ever since his HORRIBLE decision to send Shalltear and Albedo to do the diplomatic work, he has been constantly worrying if he made the wrong decision.

His worries were justified as fast as lightning.

After Demiurge's report on their status earlier, he was extremely eager to end the conflict as soon as possible. Elongating the conflict just led to more troubles for him.

Plus, since both Albedo and Shalltear burdened huge responsibilities, them being gone left a huge vacuum in the workings of the Sorcerer Kingdom despite Albedo's entrustment towards the princess and Shalltear's "workload distribution" between the maids.

He calmed down to think.

Ok, it may not have been a wise decision to send them, but what I'm curious about is WHY they even attacked in the first place. Taking from previous examples, they are fairly good at maintaining composure...

Ainz racked his mind constantly, accidentally ripping the documents in the process.

One of the maids approached Ainz, shuddering as she picked up the paper scraps.

"A-Ainz-sama, is there anything wrong?"

Ainz turned around to look at the maid. He straightened the papers.

"No, everything is fine. Don't mind me."

The maid bowed deeply as she walked away, paper scraps in her arms.

Ainz gently put down the documents on the table. He then heard a knock on his door.

"Enter."

The doors opened automatically, with Albedo and Shalltear standing there, silently. They had already taken off their armor and are now wearing their fomral clothing.

"Ainz-sama, you called for us?"

Ainz nodded. "Yes."

The two approached Ainz hesitatingly.

Ainz waved his hand to signal Albedo and Shalltear's escorts. The escorts simply bowed as they exited the office room, followed by a slam from the door.

They seem to be fine. I must extract as much info as possible.

"KNEEL."

Ainz glared at the two, eyes glowing red hot.

The two almost immediately kneeled upon hearing Ainz's orders.

"Now, care to explain?"

A shiver was sent down the two's spines. Shalltear began to speak.

"W-well, Ainz-sama, when we crossed the portal, w-we saw what seems to be a road."

Albedo also began to follow suit.

"We soon encountered a scouting team that probably belonged to the nation that resides there. And in an attempt to tell them how great the Sorcerer Kingdom is"

"You attacked them without warning?"

Albedo and Shalltear gulped hard.

Ainz looked like he wanted to explode. However, his body regulated his emotions.

He drew a long breath.

"Look, I know you two were trying to promote our kingdom, but keep in mind that they have no idea what kind of nation we are. Also, didn't I tell you to only use violence as a last resort?"

"But Ainz-sama... we tried to keep our composure, but..."

"Something was, somehow, controlling our emotions?"

Ainz's eyes gleamed. He glanced at Shalltear's wrist.

"Shalltear, where is your World Item?"

"Demiurge took it away and said he would explain it to you ~ arinsu."

Ainz caressed his chin. Albedo and Shalltear kneeled there in silence.

"I see. From now on, I will assign you back to your duties but with RESTRICTIONS. I hope you two would contemplate on your actions."

He spun around, flapping his coat.

"Now leave."

The two stood up, bowing deeply. They slowly approached the exit.

***

Following the sound of doors closing, Albedo scowled at Shalltear.

"This is your fault, fighting those lizardmen."

"HaaAA? My fault? You were the one who came up with the 'intimidation tactic' against them ~ arinsu!"

"Says the person who used <<Perfect Unknowable>>."

"Says the person who started off the attack."

The two continued to argue non-stop.

***

The light sound of footsteps could be heard as Demiurge slowly walked through the hallways of Nazarick.

Ever since he got the information about the "human" who trespassed their territory, he was extremely content in reporting such information towards Ainz.

However, in order to not interrupt Ainz's interaction with Shalltear and Albedo, he decided to wait a bit until things probably cooled off. After then, he would report the findings in person.

As he approached Ainz's office room, he passed by Albedo and Shalltear arguing.

They've probably already been scolded by Ainz-sama. And they're still arguing?

He put his hand against the door, ready to knock it.

How foolish of them. I'm sure Ainz-sama is furious right now. However though ...

Demiurge peeked at the World Item he got from Shalltear.

He gently knocked on the door. Ainz's muffled "Enter." was heard.

With a little push, the doors swung open in a slow fashion. He approached Ainz, who was looking at the wall, and put his hand on his chest.

"Ainz-sama, I have got something to report."

Ainz turned around, eyes still glowing red.

"Spill the beans, Demiurge."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.1K 296 21
it seems 4 individuals from different time and place kinda, one from Texas moving to Japan, another who's a Japanese salaryman nothing too special an...
197K 7.2K 40
(spoiler warnings for vol 12 of the lightnovel for Tensei slime) Danmachi x TSSDK A country loses its king, and another gains a final boss. Having...
6.4K 138 15
Come and read Y/N's adventure being isekai'd into an isekai. As the main trope of defeating the demon lord is completely reversed as they're basicall...
10.7K 403 9
what if. Rimuru was born much earlier. what if his nation was created with its people much earlier. and its ruler was neither a God Or anything supre...