A Star Is Born

By Madjadesmith

(This is A STAR IS BORN kind of story. But it's better because it's a Harry Styles fan fiction!!) A twenty y... More

One Sign Can Change Your Life
Answers Leave You With More Questions
Sneaking Harry In
Licking Her Clean
Tickle Fight Gets Steamy
More Than Once
It Wasn't Real
It's Only The Beginning
Am I Ready?
The Moment We've All Been Waiting For
Bandaids
Furious Phone Call From Her Father
Caught In A Closet
What About Us?
Rummy And Wine
Do You Love Me?
50 Shades Of Pink
Home (not so) Sweet Home
The Truth Comes Out
A dead end
You Know What Today Is?
Take Me To Church
To Grandmas House We Go
Leaving Pickens
Tonight's The Night
I Want You
Touched For The Very First Time
Watermelon Sugar Jealousy
Sheeran and Kelly At The Pool
Jenny Something...
Chocolate Covered Chaos
Love Is Love
Stocker?
Tori Kelly's Karaoke
Walmart To Fifty Shades
Surprise
Golden Mum
Love, Mad
Ugly Liar
Baby Names
Mr. Snipes
A Familiar Stranger
Stay
The End
Deleted Scenes

Negative?

2.2K 47 85
By Madjadesmith

(Jordyn's POV)

"But-I-I take birth control and we use condoms. And I'm irregular, Harry. Just because I'm late doesn't mean-

"Jordyn," his thumb traces gentle circles around my knuckles. "You were just sick... I don't think it's a bug that you have."

"But-

My scared eyes fill with tears. My chest rises rapidly as my breathing becomes unstable.

I'm having a panic attack. I can feel the familiar closing of my throat and the invisible weight crushing my chest.

"Jordyn?" Harry's voice is all of a sudden terrified and for good reason. "Jordyn? You have to calm down. Please calm down." He begs. "Breathe, love. Breathe."

His hands find my flushed cheeks and hold them, turning my head to face his worried eyes. "Jordyn, baby, I need you to take deep breaths in and out for me. Please, love."

I try my best to calm my frazzled self but I do a shitty job.

"Look, we're no even positive it's not just the bug going around. You might be right. We need to get you a pregnancy test. Or three." Harry adds getting to his feet.

The loss of his contact snaps me back. "Where are you going? Please don't leave me. I can't do this-

"Sh, sh." His hands cup my face once again. "I'm just gonna go grab my phone from downstairs to call a friend to fetch some pregnancy tests for us. I can't exactly go out and buy some myself. The press would have a field day if I got caught and I don't want our business all over social media. Especially when it's about the possibility of us having a child.

I take a shaky breath in. "O-okay." I nod frantically.

"I'll be right back, I promise."

And I'm alone, feeling as if the walls are closing in on me, about to swallow me whole.

What am I gonna do if it's positive? I want kids but not now. Not at the very moment my life's about to start. But I don't have the heart to give it up. I'll have no choice but to drop everything and give the baby all the love and support it deserves. But what about Harry?

He can't drop everything and help me raise a child. He's in the prime of his life. Too many people are counting on him and I can't expect him to let all of them down for me. For us.

What if this ruins his career? God forbid, his life? I couldn't take the responsibility of being that cause of that. Of his unhappiness.

Oh God, what do I do?

I pray.

"Okay, I've got a friend getting the pregnant tests and they'll be here shortly." Harry rushes back through the bedroom door, a little out of breath from the journey up the stairs.

I'm too stuck in my head to ask or care who's bringing the tests. I'm more concerned with taking them once they've arrived.

I wonder down stairs to make a glass of water. Ignoring Harry's offers to help. I need one second by myself. Call me selfish if you will, but if you were as stressed out as I am at the moment, you would want to take it out on the closest person to you as well. And the last thing Harry deserves is for me to take this out on him.

It's my shitty luck that got the both of us into this mess. It needs to fall in me. No one else.

I drink up, knowing I'm about to have to pee a few times when I hear a knock on the door. I set my half empty glass on the counter and tighten my black robe as I peak through the window.

I unlock the door and pull it open.

"James?"

Corden, that is to be specific.

"Harry's up stairs..." I point as I turn towards his whereabouts.

"Actually, I'm here for you." He explains with a kind smile. "Well, here to drop these off for you, anyway." He waves a brown paper bag in his hand. "Three tests. As requested."

My eyebrows lift in shock as I come to the realization that out of all of Harry's friends, he asked James to do this favor for him.

"Oh..." Is all I can manage.

"By the way, it is lovely to meet you, miss Smith." He offers a hand shake and I accept, still trapped in a unbreakable daze. "Sorry we had to meet under such dramatic circumstances, but I do wish you the best results. Whatever they may be."

Through my dry voice, I thank him. "I'm so sorry Harry dragged you into this." I apologize sincerely. "It's my fault, really. I f-freaked out and he didn't want to leave me and-

"It's alright, love." I think on how strange it is to hear someone else call me 'love' as he embraces me in a welcoming hug. "You have a right to feel how ever it is that you feel about all of this. Just take it one step at a time." He gives his suggestion. "I'm here, for the both of you. Maybe the three of you, who knows!" He laughs brightly, his comedic side shining through.

I huff a laugh with a true smile tugging at my lips.

"I apologize," she shakes his head at himself and his previous actions. "That was too soon."

I bust out in laughter. "No, that was perfectly fine. I needed that." I assure, giving his arm a little squeeze.

"Oh, thank god." He sighs a chuckle with a hand over his heart.

I peak inside the bad and the second I do my stomach drops five feet and all my nerves return.

James gives me an understanding smile before he speaks his goodbye. "Well, I'll let you get to-you know. Tell young Harold I say 'hello' and I expect to hear back from him shortly."

"You'll be the first person who knows anything." I promise him as his back faces me while he makes his way to his still-running car parked in our driveway.

"I better be." He half jokes loudly as he hops in his car before he shuts his door.

I practically run to upstairs, warning Harry that it's time on way to the bathroom.

He crouches down next to my side and holds my hand as I sit on the toilet. "Hey... what ever the tests is; positive or negative, I'm here for you one thousand percent. And the baby." He adds lastly. "You know, if it's positive." He laughs a bit.

I take all three test and turn them facing down on the sink. Harry eyes his watch, awaiting for the right time to check their results.

He locks his green eyes with mine and informs me of something I already know. "It's time." He tells.

"Once we know this... there's no going back. Our life's with change. For good." I make my point with a sure but small voice.

"So let them change. I love you. And I want a family. Sure, I would've liked it to be planned but-

We both join in laughter. "But it doesn't matter now. If it's positive, that just gives me another reason to start a life with you. And quicker, too. So it's a win win for me." He chuckles through his breaking voice, due to the lump in his throat I'm assuming. And the tears that have yet to break free from his kind eyes.

"I love you." I confess my love for him. He holds my hand tighter and pulls my face into his for a long and tender kiss.

I wipe the tears from my eyes and take a few deep breaths.

"You ready to rip the Band-Aid off?" Harry asks me something he did no longer then two months ago.

My answer stays the same as last time. "Let's rip."

He lets out a breath and takes all the test in his hands with his eyes shut.

"On three? It's only appropriate since their are three test." He jokes at the worst or perfect time imaginable.

"One." I start.

"Two." He continues.

We stare at each other for a long second until we can manage to count the last number.

"Three." We say in unison. Harry opens the palm of his hand for the both of us to see.

He grins up at me with a look I've never witnessed before. "You're gonna be a mummy." Tears fill his eyes.

"And your gonna be a daddy." I cry the words out as my tears spill out unmanageably. Harry kisses me more sweetly in that moment then he ever has. A few tears escape him and he wears them unashamed.

"We're gonna be parents." I come to realize.

"We're gonna be bloody good parents." He smiles warmly ear to ear.

"We're gonna have a baby." A few more tears stream down my face and Harry catches them with the back of his fingers.

"We are."

"What they fuck do we do next?" I remember the inevitability of becoming responsible parents, getting to my feet and washing my hands.

"Well, we can either lose our shit..." I hear him from behind me as I dry my hand off on a towel. "Or... you can marry me."

I freeze every inch of myself at his words. He has to be joking. He's just making in of his cheeky comments that I don't get. I turn around to confront him but instead find him on one knee.

My eyes widen and my jaw relaxes in a dropping state.

"Jordyn Claire," he opens the small grey box in his hand. "Will you marry me?"

"How did you get a ring so fast?" I blurt out.

That's what you're worried about?

I curse myself for being consumed with curiosity at the worst time ever.

"Y-you just found out I was pregnant like-ten seconds ago." I continue my procrastinating questions.

He laughs at me, his head falling down and his shoulders shaking as he does. "You just can't help but being a little curious thing, can you?" He smiles at me for what feels like forever. "I've had the ring for a while, actually."

"Harry... I love you more then I've ever loved anyone or even will. But, we can't get married just because I'm pregnant." I try to think clearly after he's made this beautiful gesture.

"I didn't know if it was gonna be positive," Harry reminds. "but the outcome of your test results wouldn't have changed my mind, either way." He tries to explain. "I knew I wanted a life with you before the possibility of you being pregnant even crossed our minds, love. But that possibility only showed me how ready I am to be with you. To be married to you."

"Hm?" I've forgot how to do that thing where you pronounce syllables into words.

"You see... my grandmother, Marry left me her wedding ring. She told me to be sure I couldn't exist with anyone else before I asked for someones hand." He sniffs and swiftly wipes his nose before he continues. "That's what you are to me, Jordyn. You are the person I can't exist without. I don't want to."

Tears flow like a never ending river out from my eyes as he speaks.

Damn you pregnancy hormones!

"I loved you from the moment you peaked your head out from under that neon yellow sign," he laughs through his subtle cry, not pausing to wipe his tears away. "I loved you the first time I heard you sing. And I loved you when I asked you to come on tour with me-because I didn't even know how to continue from that moment forward without you in my life. Jordyn Smith, I loved when I kissed your lips that first time and held you hand. I loved you when I was running for your dad and your brother after I mentioned we were gonna sleep together, back in Pickens." We both can't help but laugh at that part.

"Jordyn, I've loved you for every single moment I've known you and I promise you I will continue to for the rest of my life. So please, marry me." He pleads.

I look down at this beautifully vulnerable man on our bathroom floor and know my answer.

"Okay, I'll marry you, Harry." I whisper.

"You will?" He lights up with joy.

"Yes." I giggle happily.

"That a 'yes!'" He shoots up off his knee.

"Yes," my laughter sings through the room. "That's a 'yes!'"

Harry scoops me up off my feet and spins me around in a excited hug.

"Ah, Harry... put me down." I plead.

"One second." He cheerfully speaks.

"Harry, if you don't set me down right now I'm gonna puke down your back." I explain, sickly once again.

That's gonna be fun getting used to.

"Oh, sorry." He gently puts me on my feet next to the toilet. I hold onto his forearms to steady myself. "You alright?"

"I think so." I hope.

"Alright, well we have a lot to plan out. The venue, the people we'll invite, the cake-

And there it is, the rest of what's left of my lunch down the toilet.

He just had to go into detail. "No more talking about-

"That. Gotcha." He holds my hair back for the second time today. "Sorry, love." His loving hand rubs my back.

"It's okay." I groan, hugging the toilet. After I've got everything out of my system for the time being, I brush my teeth and wash my hands. Harry clean his off too before he takes the ring out of its box and looks through his eyelashes at me with a smile.

"Allow me to do the honors?" He holds my small hand in his large one.

I nod with the biggest smile. "Please," I giggle.

He slides it on my finger. "It fits." Harry's reliefs doesn't go unnoticed.

"Perfectly."

"If the diamonds too small, we can get you another one-

I playfully shove his chest away from me. "I don't want a bigger one. This one's perfect." I demand.

He sinks with love into me and I'm met with his pink lips. "I love you so much, Jordyn Claire."

"I love you more, Harry Edward."

The rest of the day we discuss things to do with the wedding and how to go about it.

"I was thinking we can keep it small." Harry suggests.

"That sounds good to me."

Less people to be humiliated in front of if I trip on my dress and face plant.

"How soon do you want to have the wedding? Do you want to have it before you start showing?"

Oh shit.

It finally hits me.

What is everyone gonna think? What will everyone say? I know as well as you do that I'll hear every single strangers opinion on the matter. Do we need to hide it?

"Um... I... I don't know. I guess we need to have it before I start to show." I agree unsure.

"It's your decision."

"Harry," I laugh through the stress I feel. "Don't put this all on me."

"I'm not. I'm just trying to figure all this out, along with you." He puts a hand on my stomach and leaves gently rubs over the person growing inside of it.

Oh my god. I'm growing a person inside of me. That's insane. That's so crazy.

"Hello," he hums to my belly. "This is daddy speaking. Move your little legs around if we should have our wedding as soon as possible."

I giggle. "Harry, There's no way I'm that far along, yet." I tangle my fingers through his dark curls.

"Speaking of, we need to make an appointment at the OB/GYN." Harry takes out his phone and makes the call on speaker.

"I guess the decent thing to do is invite my family to the wedding, huh?" I joke after the calls ended.

"I'm afraid so." Harry answers with a awkward smile on his lips.

"Then that's settled. But, I don't the energy for that conversation today." I sigh at the mere thought.

"I don't either." He chuckles in agreement. "But, try not to worry about it. The stress isn't good for the baby." He kisses my stomach softly, causing me smile ear to ear.

God, I love him.

"Hey, just so you know... I wanted to ask your fathers permission out of courtesy but-

"You knew he wouldn't laughed in your face." I finish the sentence he is too polite to complete.

"Essentially." He coughs his laugh.

"Yeah, it's alright. I completely understand."

"I did ask for Mona's permission, if that counts for anything."

"And she kept that a secret! That's shocking!" My laughter beams through our room. "But seriously, that was very sweet of you. I'm glad she said 'yes.' She did say 'yes' didn't she?" I suddenly worry.

No, Mona loves Harry. She would be out of her mind not to grant him permission. Unless she thought it was too fast.

Answer faster, Harry! Answer faster!

"Yes, she gave me her blessing." Harry chuckles his explanation on my lip, then devours them.

"Thank god. It's one thing to piss off my dad, but Mona-

I shiver at the idea.

"She's a whole other story." I warn seriously.

"Figured." His lips leave their memory on my forehead.

"Wait!" I swear my heart stops. "What about your mom?! She hasn't even met me yet, Harry! What if she doesn't approve?" My paranoid questions burst out before I can stop them.

"She approves plenty. She adores you, Jordyn." Harry assures.

"What if she's just being nice?"

"She's not. She's the kindest woman on this earth, but she's not afraid to speak her mind. I asked her what she thought about the idea of us being married a while ago and she was all for it. She can see how happy I am with you. She knows she has nothing to worry about."

His hand finds me knee under the covers and give it a loving squeeze to calm me down.

"We need to go visit and tell your family everything in person." I decide right there to make a set plan go see them. It's not a suggestion.

"That sounds lovely. Mum is dying to meet you." Harry agrees without persuasion.

"You... you don't think she'll think I'm like, trashy for getting knocked up before we're married, will she?" I'm push through my fear to ask the question. "Will she be disappointed in you? Oh god, I couldn't take it if she was-

"She's not like that. Mum understands that these things happen. Like I said before, the whole situation could of been more planed out further down the road, but what's the point of waiting? I love you and you love me." His hand runs up my leg to find it's previous place on my belly once again. "I'm ready to have a family. A life."

"I want that too, but... what if I'm not ready?" I worry out loud instead of in my head like I usually do.

"Even if you're not now, you will be the second you see her little face. And then she'll wrap her tiny hand around your finger and you won't be able to imagine your life without her in it."

"So it's a girl, huh?" I grin at him.

"Well, it's 2020. Our baby can be whatever if chooses to be. But, I do see a girl when I think about it. I see a mini you made over." He stares at me with the sweetest look.

"That's funny, actually." I mumble.

"Why is that?" Harry questions in a mutters in my hearing.

"Because I see a little you." I meet his eyes. "A bright eyed, little bundle of joy that will grow up to be just like his daddy." I place my hand over Harry's on my subtle baby bump.

He hums his chuckle. "We'll see, won't we?"

"Mm hm." I nod, dying our hands.

"Twenty it's a girl."

"You're on." I shake Harry's hand, making the bet official.

Had to do something in honor of my new nephew! He just got to come home yesterday :)

Hope you all enjoyed this chapter and I hope y'all are staying healthy and happy.

All the love, Mad.

Don't forget Vote and add me on snap if you want. Username: madd_jades

You asked for another chapter and soon so this chapter is for you —— EmsMiller26

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

348K 7.5K 75
"It's just another bump in the road. Don't know why the fuck our road is so bumpy, but lucky for us, we're very good drivers. ...Don't ask Taylor th...
3K 290 37
Ashlynn Owen a normal college girl met the famous pop star Harry Styles in a very odd way. They are really different from each other. One is famouse...
543K 6.7K 72
Hey guys ! So here's my second book of Harry Styles Imagines.
96.9K 1.8K 33
Harry and Tana were childhood friends for years before she fled the village and moved to the city in an attempt to runaway from her abusive father. T...