Lily

rising-from-ashes

UNFINISHED, BEING REWRITTEN - "And Now I'm Covered In You" (Sequel to The Finder That Couldn't Be Found) Boo... Еще

Lily
Chapter One:
Chapter Two:
Chapter Three:
Chapter Four:
Chapter Five:
Chapter Six:
Chapter Seven:
Chapter Eight:
Chapter Nine:
Chapter Ten:
Chapter Eleven:
Chapter Twelve:
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen:
Chapter Fifteen:
Chapter Sixteen:
Chapter Seventeen:
Chapter Eighteen:
Chapter Nineteen:
Chapter Twenty:
Chapter Twenty One:
Chapter Twenty Two:
Chapter Twenty Three:
Chapter Twenty Four:
Chapter Twenty Five:
Chapter Twenty Six:
Chapter Twenty Seven:
Chapter Twenty Eight:
Chapter Twenty Nine:
Chapter Thirty:
Chapter Thirty One:
Chapter Thirty Three:
Chapter Thirty Four:
Chapter Thirty Five:
Chapter Thirty Six:
Chapter Thirty Seven:
Chapter Thirty Eight:
Chapter Thirty Nine:
Chapter Forty:
Chapter Forty One:
Chapter Forty Two:
Chapter Forty Three:
Chapter Forty Four:
Chapter Forty Five:
Chapter Forty Six:
Chapter Forty Seven:
Chapter Forty Eight:
Chapter Forty Nine:
Chapter Fifty:
Chapter Fifty One:
Chapter Fifty Two:
Chapter Fifty Three:
Chapter Fifty Four:
Chapter Fifty Five:
Chapter Fifty Six:
Chapter Fifty Seven:

Chapter Thirty Two:

368 15 1
rising-from-ashes

The second task seemed to approach even quicker than the first. Harry procrastinated working on figuring out the mystery of the golden dragon egg until the last minute. Luckily Cedric tipped him off on how to receive the message in the egg, as a thank you for the information Harry had given him about the first task.

"I have to stay underwater for an hour and find some lost treasure." Harry told Lily, "Only one problem- I have no idea how I'm going to do it."

"We'll figure it out." Lily reassured him, placing a hand on his shoulder, "I promise."

So Lily, Hermione, and Ron helped Harry pour over books, searching for the answer of how to hold your breath for an hour. Lily noticed that Draco was avoiding her, so spending her time in the library seemed to be the better option. Plus, she got to help her brother.

Eventually, Hermione found a Bubble Head Charm, but told Harry that it was common, so it might not get him many points. Harry agreed to use it as a back up, if they couldn't find anything else. The four continued searching for an alternative right up until the night before the tournament. Then, Hermione and Lily were called down to Dumbledore's office.

"I wonder why." Hermes mused, as the two girls walked down the hallway.

"Yeah, it's odd. And the timing is bad, we should be helping Harry." Lily said.

They entered Dumbledore'a office and found Cho Chang and a little blonde girl who introduced herself as Gabrielle Delacour.

"Your probably wondering why you're here." Dumbledore smiled at the girls as they sat down, "Well tomorrow is, as you know, the second task. Each champion will have to recover one of the things they love most from the Black Lake. In this case, those things... are you."

Gabrielle turned pale, and Cho gulped.

"Professor Dumbledore, sir, how-" Hermione began to speak up.

"No need to fear Miss Granger, you will be in a slumber the whole duration of your time in the lake, and perfectly able to breathe." He said.

"What happens if they don't find us in time?" Lily worried.

"All will be taken care of." Dumbledore reassured them, but remaking ominously mysterious.

Reluctantly, all four girls event agreed to be put under the bewitched sleep, for the sake of allowing their champion to have a chance at winning the tournament.

As Dumbledore cast the spell over Hermione, having already done Cho, Gabrielle turned to Lily.

"You're Lily Potter?" She asked quietly.

"Yes, I am." Lily smiled.

"Your brother was really good at flying with the dragon." Gabrielle said.

"Thanks." Lily replied, "Your sister was great as well."

"Yeah." Gabrielle agreed, "She's always wanted to do something great like this, you know. To prove she's more than a pretty face. That's why I agreed to go under the spell."

As Lily nodded in understanding, Gabrielle looked wearily at Dumbledore as he gestured for her to step forward.

"You'll be fine." Lily reassured the younger girl.

"But what if Fleur-?"

"I won't leave that lake without you." Lily vowed.

"Okay." Gabrielle agreed, with a firm nod, "You may cast the spell, Mister Dumbledore."

He began to cast the spell before Gabrielle made one last comment.

"I only hope Fleur remembers I can't really swim." She mumbled, before her eyes closed, and she fell under the spell.

Lily's eyes bulged. Dumbledore gestured for her to step up.

"But sir!" She exclaimed, "Gabrielle cannot swim! She can't go under the Black Lake!"

"It will be fine, Lily, Fleur wouldn't let her drown." Dumbledore said.

"But it's risky! And Gabrielle looked terrified, she shouldn't have to do something that makes her so scared, just for the tournament-"

"Ah, but that's the thing, Lily." Dumbledore said, "Gabrielle is doing this not only for the tournament, but for her sister. This is Fleur's only chance at winning the tournament."

"What's the point of winning if someone gets hurt?" Lily asked him.

"I will ensure everything runs smoothly." Dumbledore promised.

Slowly Lily nodded, agreeing to the madness of the tournament. Dumbledore waved his wand and her eyes slowly closed. Everything was dark.

When Lily opened her eyes again, she was in the Black Lake, next to Gabrielle.

"Gabrielle?" Lily asked, treading water and looking around for her brother.

"Lily!" Gabrielle panicked, flailing in the water.

"Okay, okay!" Lily swam over to her, and helped her to stay afloat, "We're going to be okay!"

Just then, Harry breached the surface of the water as well.

"Harry!" Lily exclaimed.

"You okay?" Ha asked her immediately.

"Yes, but Gabrielle can't swim." Lily said, "She needs help."

Harry noticed the little blonde girl, and wrapped an arm around her. The Potter twins helped Gabrielle back to the docks, where an anxious Fleur was waiting.

"Gabrielle!" Fleur cried, pulling her sister out of the water, and rambling in French.

She then looked to Harry and Lily, who were being given towels.

"You." She addressed Harry first, "You saved her, even though she wasn't yours to save."

"I, er, yeah." Harry nodded.

Fleur kissed his forehead.

"And you!" She turned to Lily,"You helped her too!"

The champion embraced Lily.

"It was nothing." Lily said, "She needed help, and I was able to."

"She's amazing, Fleur." Gabrielle said, smiling up at Lily.

"Harry." A gruff voice called, and they turned to see Moody, "Come on then, there's going to be giving out your scores!"

Lily looked up and the professor glared at her before turning around, ushering Harry away. She frowned, feeling uneasy.

"In first place, we have Mister Cedric Diggory, who we award 47 points!"

Hogwarts students clapped and cheered loudly, Hufflepuff's being the loudest.

"In second place we have Viktor Krum who we award 40 points!"

The students from Durmstrung cheered.

"In third place we have Fleur Delacour with 25 points! ...and last, but not least, we have Harry Potter! Now, we have been informed that though Potter finished last, his tardiness was due to his noble desire to ensure all the hostages were saved."

Lily beamed at her brother.

"It is for that reason that we award Harry Potter 45 points!"

Harry looked dumbfounded.

"Harry!" Hermione cheered, "Harry, this means you and Cedric are tied for first place!"

"Congrats, mate." Ron clapped Harry on the back.

"Now let's get you inside and warmed up!" Moody announced.

Lily eyed him suspiciously. She of course didn't want her brother to be freezing and wet in this weather, but she was suspicious of why Moody seemed to care so much. When Moody has walked away, Lily whispered to Harry.

"Harry, I don't trust Professor Moody." She said quietly.

"What? Nah, he's good, he helped me in the first task." Harry said.

"Yes, but I don't get a good feeling off of him." Lily tried to stress.

"Alright, I'll keep an eye on him." Harry dismissed.

"Okay." Lily said wearily.

She made her way following Harry off the dock, before accidentally making eye contact with Draco for a moment. Lily looked away pointedly, still hurt over his seemingly out of the blue rudeness the night of the ball. Draco looked like he wanted to go after her, but the crowd was busy with too many people that by the time he fought his way through them, she was already too far away. With a sigh at his previous stupidity, he reluctantly trudged back down to the Slytherin Common Room.

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

16.7K 395 37
Rose Weasley was no longer the thorny little girl she had been four years previously, with new found confidence she'd blossomed into a bright flower...
95.6K 3.1K 18
First in the LOVED Series. Lila Potter, is her name, well, was her name, until Dumbledore informed her she was the famous missing Potter twin, Lily...
187K 5.6K 32
~ Year two ~ Warning; this is the second book in a series!!! This also will journey through all of the books / movies so if you want a quick read, o...
12.4K 417 24
in which gaia lestrange and harry potter overlook the reputations which precede them. 𖡼.𖤣𖥧𖡼.𖤣𖥧 ❛ She was convinced that even if she had alread...